Skocz do zawartości

Tragedia na Przełęczy Diatłowa (1 luty 1959 r.)

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

q1tLt5H.jpg
Watches in Dyatlov group
In the Case files are mentioned 4 watches: Dyatlov is wearing Zvezda, Slobodin - Pobeda, Thibeaux-Brignolle - Pobeda and Sportivnye.
q1tLt5H.jpg
In the Case files are mentioned Zvezda, Sportivnye and 2 x Pobeda.

Dyatlov was found with Zvezda on his left hand showing 5:31.

Case files I - 121 Autopsy: "On the lower third portion of the left forearm there is a Zvezda brand watch; the hands of the watch show 5:31."
Case files I - 69 Maslennikov testimony: "On his hand Dyatlov was wearing a wristwatch that stopped at 5:31."
Case files II - 41 Ivanov: "Wrist watch Zvezda 5:31"
Case files II - 45 Ivanov: "Zvezda 5:31 on Dyatlov"
Case files II - 46 "I, A.A. Dyatlov received from Ivanov:... 5) Wriswatch Zvezda on a strap with arrows coated with luminous substance."
On the photo below Dyatlov is wearing a watch on his right hand, but he was found with watch on his left hand.
AP3geDR.jpg
Dyatlov (left, bent down), Zolotaryov, Dubinina and Krivonischenko (right) dusting ashes from the stove

Slobodin was found with Zvezda Pobeda on his left hand showing 8:45.

Case files I - 96 Autopsy: "On his wrist is a Zvezda brand watch showing the time 8:45."
Zvezda is mentioned only in the autopsy report.
The rest of the documents read Pobeda and Slobodin owned a Pobeda.
Radiogram 183 "On his wrist a watch Pobeda stopped at 8:45"
Case files II - 73 "I, N. F. Slobodina received from prosecutor comrade Ivanov:...3.
Watch Pobeda on a strap."
N1f2UGW.jpg

Thibeaux-Brignolle was found wearing two wrist watches on his left hand, a Pobeda showing 9:38 or 8:38 and Zportivnye showing 9:15 or 8:15.

Case files I - 341 "...on his first hand are two watches brands Pobeda and Sportivnye the watches show - Pobeda 9:38, and the Sportivnye 9:15"
9:38 is repeated once more in this document.
Must be an error that the times in both watches are off with an hour.
Case files I - 352 Autopsy: "On the left forearm there are two watches: a Sportivnye watch showing the time 8:14:24, and a Pobeda brand watch showing the time 8:39.''
Case files II - 72 "I, Elizaveta Iosifovna Muzafarova,... received Pobeda wristwatch... belonging to Nikolay Tibo."
ZBksp2P.jpg
Sportivnye is identified by his relatives to belong to Krivonicshenko.
Case files II - 9 "I, Igor Alekseevich Krivonischenko received from Prosecutor comrade Ivanov:...3. Wristwatch Sportivnye"
Why is Tibo wearing Krivonicshenko’s wristwatch?
I have came across three theories:
  1. Krivonicshneko was on duty previous night and he past his watch to the next attendant - Tibo. Tibo will make sure to wake up the group on the next morning.
  2. Tibo and Krivo were friends, they likes swapping things, like the photo duel when each took his friends camera and they made photos of each other. If Krivo had to do something and his watch was in the way most probably he would have given his watch to Tibo for safe keep. Activities like these are washing dishes, but there was no water in the vicinity of the tent, chopping wood, but there were no trees around.
  3. Krivo died first and Tibo took his watch as a remembrance to return to his family.
2Op2D5F.jpg
Krivonischenko (left) and Tibo (right) - these two photos ate taken at the same time with swapped cameras.
On the photo below some people see 2 watches, although I believe this is a fiber or defect on the film.
hhWE2LG.jpg
Link to the original photo of the bodies in the river where the two watches on Tibo wrist can be clearly seen.
wRKcRNH.jpg
Zolotaryov had a watch Pobeda on this trek that he was not wearing when they found his body.
VTOLLOX.jpg
Later watch Pobeda was among the Zolotaryov’s belongings that were given to Sogrin until his mother arrived for identification.
Case files I - 258 "I, Vera Ivanovna Zolotaryeva, mother of Semyon Alekseevich Zolotaryov, received from Prosecutor comrade Ivanov the following items that the student Sogrin handed over as belonging to my son: wristwatch Pobeda 1 MWF (Minsk Watch Factory) on a strap, in working condition..."

Kolevatov’s Molnya was in the items brought back from the tent but not in the inventory.

So far we have 5 watches.
Here is a sixth one:
oBCzGRg.jpg
Grigoriev notebook 2 "There is a pocket watch in the pocket of one backpack, which stopped at 2:15."
"Vishnevskiy took the letter, the purse, money, diaries and watches."
Kolevatov kept his watch in the pocket while Zolotaryov wore his Pobeda on the left hand.
This is why we attribute the time 2:15 to the Molnya.
It was put in a backpack with all the items found in the tent and later on identified by his sister.
This watch never made it into the inventory included in the case files.
Case files II - 50 "Kolevatov's sister: My brother had a pocket watch, he fixed it, similar to the one here (Molniya)..."
Doroshenko was poor, he didn’t have a watch.
Or at least there is no photo of him before or during the trek wearing one.
We see Zina and Lyuda wearing watches on other treks but we do not have a photo from the trek to Otorten of the girls wearing a timepiece.
zsUwphw.jpg
4jc57RO.jpg
Dyatlov - 5:31
Slobodin - 8:45
Tibo - 8:39 and 8:15
These times made people wonder if there is a connection between the time of death and the time showing on the watch.
I was recently given an article by Vladimir Borzenkov, who is a Dyatlov case avid follower and researcher, but more importantly he took part in more than 20 rescue operations, some of them in very similar regions and climates.
I will be publishing a long article about another incident, which was the first one to surpass the Dyatlov Pass incident by duration and complexity of the search operations, and the number of dead.
This is the Chivruay tragedy.
Vladimir Borzenkov took part in the search in 1973, he was the one handling the bodies.
I will tell you in more detail about his experiment in Lovozerskie Tundry, but in that case also they had frozen bodies with wrist watches and they wonder f the fact they stopped in the span of 30 mins per each group that allegedly died together.
In Dyatlov Pass we have a body with two watches and they stopped 24 mins apart.
Borzenkov makes a very important discovery - the watch of the last frozen body found continue to work after the body thawed.
Unfortunately we don’t have this information for Dyatlov group.
There are 3 reasons a manual wind watch will stop in this conditions:
  1. Fully unwind
  2. The lube freezes
  3. Condensation freezes
  4. If the watch is placed on a frozen surface with good contact e.g. ice, then one part of the watch will promptly freeze and the mechanism can stop working due to large difference in temperatures among the parts.

Many experiments are done on the subject.
The time on these three watches was set to 12:00 and they were placed in a freezer with a temperature of -20°C (-4°F) for 2 hours (two-compressor refrigerator with an electronic control unit, it keeps the temperature quite accurately).
The result is in the photo.
The watches stopped in the span of 8-25 minutes.
After taking them out of the freezer and let to thaw they continue working normally.
5aqbQ9A.jpg
The bottom line is that the watches on the bodies may tell us when the bodies hit the frozen ground where they were found.
You will have more information on the subject next week straight from Borzenkov.
WLn2ztX.jpg
Vladimir Borzenkov, member of the search party in Chivruay tragedy, he found some of the bodies

Żródło: https://www.facebook.com/dyatlovmania/

• Odpowiedzi 2,1 tys.
  • Dodano
  • Ostatniej odpowiedzi

Top użytkownicy w tym temacie

• fortyck

When in May the snow started melting a Mansi native Kourikov with his dog noticed some cut branches that were forming sort of trail which they followed and 50 m from the cedar they found black cotton sweat pants, the right leg cut off with a knife.
Cedar branches, a young fir tree was missing its top, another piece of clothing was found - the left half of the women's light-brown wool sweater, right half and sleeves cut off.
Sweater was presumed to belong to Lyudmila Dubinina.
The area was previously searched with avalanche probes but the snow then was deeper than expected.
Vladimir Askinadzi and Boris Suvorov, both UPI students, were key players in the rescue team.
Kurikov followed some small fir tree branches in the snow till 50 m down from the cedar they led into the snowdrift.
Rescuers began to dig and at a depth of 3.5 m they found cut branches covered with clothes.
The bed of branches consisted of 14 fir tree branches and one birch, and on top were belongings and clothes.
W5B1VRq.jpg
The clothes on a bed of cut branches made 4 seats
The clothes included:
- One leg of a pair of black ski trousers;
- A thick brown woolen sweater;
- A white woolen jumper, made in China; and
- A pair of brown trousers tied at the ankles but flared open with a tear to widen them.
15 m up the bank from the stream, they found half of a beige sweater and the other half of the ski trousers.
yr3PR9u.jpg
15 m from the den, they found a spoon and a knife sheath.
From the Official criminal investigation, Decision to dismiss criminal case:
“The bodies were found few meters away from the clothes found of Krivonischenko and Doroshenko - pants, sweater.
All clothes had been cut when they were taken from the bodies of Doroshenko and Krivonischenko.
Bodies of Thibeaux-Brignolle and Zolotaryov were better dressed, Dubinina’s fur jacket and hat were found on Zolotaryov, her leg was wrapped in woolen trousers that belong to Krivonischenko.
Krivonischenko’s knife was found close to the bodies, it was used to cut off branches of young fir trees.
Here is a very strange fact – knife was never found in the area, only a knife sheath. Lead investigator Lev Ivanov could not have mistaken a sheath for a knife.
The branches were cut with tool, that could not be misinterpreted, but the absence of this tool could not be explained without having somebody taken the knife from the crime scene, and that meant that the case could be closed as a “calamity or overwhelming force”.
2JCZowE.jpg
Dying place of Lyudmila Dubinina
20 m from the den, a probe 4 m deep came out with a fragment of flesh.
They started to dig. Dubinina's body was found in the ravine on may 5th, 1959.
From the official record of the discovery of the bodies:
“On the northwest slope of Peak 880, about 50 m from the cedar, in the stream, we have discovered four bodies: three men and one woman.
The body of the woman has been identified as Lyudmila Dubinina.
The bodies of the men cannot be identified without removing them from the water.
They are buried in snow 2.5 m deep.
The men are lying with their heads facing north and downstream, and the body of the woman is lying facing upstream.
She is dressed in a small skullcap and a yellow sleeveless shirt.
Then a flannel shirt; two sweaters, one gray the other dark; and on her legs are leggings and brown ski trousers.
On one foot are two woolen socks and, on her right foot is bound half of a beige sweater.
On the back of her head and on her back there are traces of damage from our probe.
Her body is decaying.
The first man is dressed in a khaki-colored windbreaker, and on his wrist he has two watches, one a Pobeda and the other a Sportif.
The Pobeda had stopped at 8:38, and the Sportif showed 8:15.
It is not possible to see the head and legs of this body, because he is not completely exposed.
The other two bodies lie in a kind of hug, both with nothing on their heads, and some their hair missing.
They are both dressed in windbreakers, but it is hard to say what else, and it will have to wait until we get them out of the stream.
The bodies are decaying and we have photographed them.
They need to be taken out of the stream immediately because they are decaying fast and will soon be lost in the stream, which is very fast.”
It was Vladimir Askinadzi’s probe that damaged Dubinina’s body.
In 2013 Askinadzi published a letter in Ural Pathfinder magazine, in which he recalls that the distance between all the heads of those found in the brook was about 30 cm (about 11.5 “) – they were all very close to each other.
As for Dubinina, he says her head was laying down on a kind of a natural ledge with water rolling over it.
Her mouth was open.
There are claims that the tongue was ripped, or eaten, or whatnot.
The medical records simply that "the tongue is missing".
Vozrozhdenny describes missing hypoglossal muscle as well as muscles of the floor of the mouth.
Jq16ZZq.jpg
Kolevatov's body (upper left) was found right next to Zolotariov's as if the latter was carrying or protecting him. Tibo's body was positioned 30 cm lower downstream.
When they tried to pull them out, they saw that Zolotaryov had a notebook in one hand and a pen in the other.
Ortyukov saw this, grabbed the book, read it and immediately said scornfully: ‘He’s written nothing.’
Georgy Ortyukov, the Army Colonel in charge of logistics and helicopter support, was the only one who saw the notebook in Zolotoryov’s hand.
Vladimir Askinadzi recalls that it was hard to identify the bodies as they found them, and it was Colonel Ortyukov who was ordaining who was who.
‘We were surprised,’ Askinadzi said, ‘because it was really hard to see, and no one could object or disagree.’
Askinadzy also mentioned that while he was present during that period, he felt very strongly that those in charge were not really interested in a proper investigation.
He remembers that the lead investigator Lev Ivanov ‘did not even approach the pad of branches, didn’t take pictures, it seemed they already had a theory’.
Askinadzy extends this accusation to Ortyukov, who was in charge of the whole rescue operation.
He wrote: ‘If it was really so important to get this right, why didn’t they call for Yuri Yudin?
He was the only one that knew them all, and could say for sure.
I only knew Zina.’
The whole search operation was rushed.
This pressure was from someone above – from Moscow, Sverdlovsk, or Ivdel.
The atmosphere was very tense. Everyone was anxious for answers and awaiting for news.
Ortyukov and some soldiers took all the bodies from the stream, carried them up the bank and placed them on special stretchers to drag them across the snow, then took them up to the pass to the helipad.
It was hard work, and they repeated the same process four times.
A helicopter met them on the pass, but the pilots refused to take the bodies on board, complaining this was outside their official duties.
It has been said that the pilots knew the bodies were poisoned with radiation and, for this reason, didn’t want them in the aircraft.
Ortyukov sent the following radiogram:
This is a scandal!
I and fourteen other people brought these bodies on our shoulders and they refused to take the bodies in spite of me insisting.
As a Communist I am outraged by the behavior of the crew and ask you to inform the Communist Party leader about it.
And I have to mention to you for clarity, these bodies are frozen.
We packed them for transportation and there was no reason to refuse to take them.
The medical expert refused to examine or to cut the bodies here on site.
It is absolutely not dangerous from the point of hygiene.
They are folded and covered in special impervious material.
The crew said they would not transport them until they are in Zinc coffins.
At this point Colonel Ortyukov reached the limits of his desperation.
He took out his pistol and threatened the crew.
Vladimir Askinadzi intervened, after which the medical expert reorganized how the bodies should be packed for transportation, and they were finally airlifted for transportation to Ivdel.

On this video 5:26 to 5:36 (my link jumps at the beginning) there is a drone fly over the ravine with the tributary to Lozva where the Dyatlov group died.
These are 10 spliced frames from the drone feed.
On the second photo is where the snowmobiles turned back.
Can try to pinpoint the cedar, the den and the last 4 bodies?
QeyNyiD.jpg
T6X4XSc.jpg

Photos and discussion about the cedar tree

https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=78.0&fbclid=IwAR1OBk86DGESniSfOP3SAyxGGagWLMu7rnnMYnmIX9DMt0r6wurawqJioa0

qKVoQBd.jpg

rhvR2vK.jpg

KjzjkuB.jpg

6fMoDGa.jpg

GXyR6WJ.jpg

3D model of the ravine by Vasilii Zyadik

Vasilii Zyadik is 3D designer from Nizhnevartovsk, city in Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug, Russia.
Vasya personal site is 3dgloss.com
I was looking for tank models for another project when I noticed where he lives.
Very exited, at the edge of my chair I asked him if he has heard of Dyatlov Pass.
This is his response.
He said that he wanted to get to work as texture, and this his his first model where he uses snow.
I wish him a very good life and career as a 3D designer.
As well as many awards for his beloved dog Вайт (White).

This 3D model is specially created for dyatlovpass.com

bCGyZnQ.jpg

D0i5BvT.jpg

IRw2X54.jpg

D0i5BvT.jpg

MQB4k2o.jpg

8qoaMdD.jpg

bPU7tGM.jpg

UkEGkft.jpg

2RQitDF.jpg

19jbZGt.jpg

aPiWCI4.jpg

vE9XXeg.jpg

xFIXFso.jpg

N43zGBc.jpg

dRlJAuX.jpg

27133223047_dc6966f484_o.jpg

May 9 - last 4 autopsy reports
The header image is from “Dyatlov Pass - end of story” where Eduard Tumanov - modern times forensic pathologist in Russia who revised the post mortem analyses of the last four bodies.
In this movie Tumanov says:
“In Sverdlovsk, there is one of the best and largest Forensic Bureau in the former Soviet Union, having some of the high-level experts at the time.
I would say this is true even nowadays.
And then, you see, why prevents the head of the bureau or his deputy from the expertise division to assign a forensic physician.
And fly to Ivdel with two experts.
Vozrozhdenny could have helped them with the autopsy, gather some experience.
Why was everybody satisfied with a young forensic doctor with only 2 years of experience.
Another strange thing was that the operations in the Ivdel morgue were carried out under personal control of the district prosecutor Nikolay Klinov.
He was not only supervising but also signed the autopsy reports.
This si unheard of.
The head prosecutor of the region leaves everything to supervise the autopsies.
Vozrozhdenny at the time has been tried for anti-Soviet agitation and propaganda and then given amnesty.
You understand that in those years an amnesty is conditional and uncertain.
Most likely they needed to be able to control him.”

Lyudmila Dubinina (20)

41283522184_8b49d178c5_o.jpg
Lyudmila Dubinina post mortem in Ivdel hospital
Lyudmila wore a short sleeve shirt, long sleeve shirt, and two sweaters.
The brown sweater belonged to Krivonischenko - one of the two found beneath the cedar, and lately tested radioactive.
The body was dressed with underwear, long socks, two pairs of pants.
External pair was badly damaged by fire and subsequently ripped.
She also wore a small hat and two pairs of warm sock.
A third sock was not paired.
Lyudmila apparently in the last attempt to preserve her feet took off her sweater and cut it in two pieces.
One half she rapped around her left foot.
Another half she left or dropped unintentionally on the snow.
27133290047_be3d332610_o.png
Lyudmila Dubinina injuries
  1. soft tissues are missing around eyes, eyebrows, nose bridge and left cheek bone is partially exposed
  2. damaged tissues around left temporal bone, size 4x4 cm
  3. eye sockets are empty, eyeballs are missing
  4. nose cartilages are broken and flattened
  5. soft tissues of the upper lip are missing, teeth and and upper jaw is exposed
  6. tongue is missing
  7. ribs 2, 3, 4, 5 are broken on the right side, two fracture lines are visible
  8. ribs 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 are broken on the left side, two fracture lines are visible
  9. massive hemorrhage in the heart's right atrium
  10. bruise in the middle left thigh, size 10x5 cm (not shown on diagram)

Dubinina was laying on a kind of a natural ledge with water rolling over it.
Her mouth was open.
There are claims that the tongue was ripped, or eaten, or whatnot.
The medical records simply that "the tongue is missing".
Vozrozhdenny describes missing hypoglossal muscle as well as muscles of the floor of the mouth.
It looks weird especially given the fact previous bodies had more detailed autopsies.
There is no credible explanation for this vague statement.
Although it is mentioned that the stomach contained about 100 g of coagulated blood.
It is used by some as an indication that the heart was beating and the blood was flowing when tongue was removed from a mouth.
The cause of death is stated as hemorrhage into right atrium of the heart, multiple fractured ribs and internal bleeding.
Medical examination shows that Lyuda was not sexually active at the time of her death.
This fact is only relative to the fact that whoever did the crime did not sexually assault the girls, or the men as a matter of fact.

Semyon Zolotaryov (37)

41283522234_37c3df5308_o.jpg
Semyon Zolotaryov post mortem in Ivdel hospital
The body of Semyon Zolotaryov was found at the Dyatlov Pass with two hats, scarf, short, long sleeve shirt, black sweater and a coat with two upper buttons unbuttoned.
It was fairly clear that the guy didn't die from the cold.
On the contrary the den was pretty warm place for him.
His lower part of the body was protected by underwear, two pairs of pants and a pair of skiing pants.
He had a copy of newspapers, several coins, compass, and other few items.
His legs were protected by a pair of socks and a pair of warm leather hand made shoes known as "burka".
They probably couldn't keep him warm for a long time, but in the den it was sufficient in keeping the man alive.
27133289787_df652bdfec_o.png
Semyon Zolotaryov injuries
  1. eye balls are missing
  2. missing soft tissues around left eye brow, size 7x6 cm, bone is exposed
  3. open wound on the right side of the skull with exposed bone, 8x6 cm in size
  4. flail chest, broken ribs 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 on the right side, two fracture lines

Additionally the body of Zolotaryov had a camera around his neck as it is clearly seen on the pictures.
According to hearsay that this camera became a complete surprise to Yuri Yudin.
That he assumed the group had only four cameras that were found in the tent.
And all of a sudden a fifth camera turned out on the body.
Unfortunately melting water damaged the film.
But the question still lingers.
Why did Zolotaryov left the tent with the camera and why did he take two cameras to the trip?
One was used on daily basis and everyone saw it.
It was left in the tent and discovered there by the search party, but another was hidden throughout the journey and was found only after Semen Zolotarev have died.
The film was damaged by water so the question remains:
"What was so important that he captured on the slope of the mountain that day?"
He was also found holding a pen in one hand and a small notepad in the other.
Vladimir Askinadzi recalls that Colonel Ortyukov grabbed the notepad, looked at it, cursed and said:
"He’s written nothing."
He seems to be the only one that has seen the notepad.
The whereabouts of this notepad is unknown, it was never filed in evidence or seen by anyone else.
On the other hand we hear only from Askinadzi about the whole episode with the pen, notepad and Colonel Ortyukov, and that 59 years after the fact in a recent letter of Askinadzi to Ural Pathfinder magazine.
Both Zolotarev and Dubinina have an interesting pattern of injuries.
They are very similar in direction and force despite difference in shape, height and body composition of the two.
This would suggest that whatever caused these injuries was not a single uniform event.
Еxcerpt from the interrogation of forensic expert of the Regional Forensic Investigation Bureau Boris Vozrozhdenny led by Junior Counselor of Justice and Criminal Prosecutor of Sverdlovsk region, Lev Ivanov, on May 28, 1959:
How is it possible to explain the cause of the damage to Dubinina and Zolotaryov?
Is it possible to combine them into one cause?
I think the character of the wounds on Dubinina and Zolotaryov – a multi-splintered fracture of the ribs – on Dubinina were bilateral and symmetrical, and on Zolotaryov were one-sided.
Both had hemorrhaging into the cardiac muscle with hemorrhaging into the pleural cavity, which is evidence of them being alive [when injured] and is the result of the action of a large force, similar to the example used for Tibo.
These wounds, especially appearing in such a way without any damage to the soft tissue of the chest, are very similar to the type of trauma that results from the shock wave of a bomb.
How long could Dubinina and Zolotaryov have lived?
Dubinina died 10-20 minutes after the trauma.
She could have been conscious.
Sometimes it happens that a person with a wound to the heart (for example, a serious knife wound) can talk, run and ask for help.
Dubinina’s situation was one of complicated traumatic shock resulting from the bilateral rib fracture, with subsequent internal hemorrhaging into the pleural cavity.
Zolotaryov could have lived longer.
It needs to be taken into account that they were all trained, physically fit, and strong people.

Alexander Kolevatov (24)

The body of Aleksander Kolevatov was well insulated, but he was missing a hat and shoes.
His upper torso was protected by a sleeveless shirt, long sleeved shirt, sweater, fleece sweater and ski jacket with a zipper and buttons.
Ski jacket was damaged.
A big hole on the left sleeve had burnt edges and measured 25x12x13 cm.
His right sleeve was also damaged.
Several tears 7-8 cm were found.
The jacket was unbuttoned and unzipped.
A strange finding for person who was supposedly dying from cold and hypothermia.
During autopsy following objects were retrieved from his pockets: key, safety pin, some blank paper (probably to keep a record of his thoughts or events) and two packages of pills (soda and codeine).
The lower part of the body had shorts, light pants, ski pants and another pair of canvas pants.
From the right pocket doctors retrieved a box of matches that was soaked wet.
His feet as it was mentioned had no shoes, but they were protected by home knitted woolen socks with sights of fire damage.
His right foot was also protected by a light sock underneath a woolen one.
His left foot had similar three socks.
Additionally a bandage was discovered on the left ankle, but it was probably put before the Dyatlov Pass Incident since the group left their first aid kit in the tent.
The waistband of his sweater and the lower parts of his trousers later tested radioactive.
42002788911_79f2a79e33_o.png
Aleksander Kolevatov injuries
  1. lack of soft tissues around eyes, eyebrows are missing, skull bones are exposed
  2. broken nose
  3. open wound behind ear, size 3x1.5 cm
  4. deformed neck
  5. diffuse bleeding in the underlying tissues of the left knee (not shown on diagram)
  6. softened and whitened skin (maceration) of the fingers and feet, sign consisted with putrefaction in a wet environment
  7. overall skin had a gray green color with a tinge of purple

This autopsy had similar strange silence about the injuries of the victim.
Broken nose, open wound behind the ear and deformed neck might be the result of a fight and be cause of death.
On the other hand it could have been caused by natural elements since the body was exposed to nature for three whole months.
Yet the doctor ignores this matter and doesn't try to explain the reason for these strange injuries.
We should probably add that snapped neck and blow behind the ear is a common sign of killing performed by special forces.
However we can't be sure about this since the autopsy report didn't specify any more details about the body.
We are left guessing on the nature and origin of these injuries.

Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolle (23)

Nikolay Thibeaux-Brignolle was well protected against coldness of Siberian winter.
It was suggested that he and Zolotarev might have been outside of the tent at the time mysterious threat struck them.
This explains why both tourists wore shoes and were covered by several layers of clothes.
Both men were much better prepared than the rest of the group when they were forced to abandon their tent.
Nikolay wore a canvas fur hat and home knitted woolen hat.
Upper body was protected from coldness by shirt, wool sweater worn inside out and a fur jacket on a sheepskin.
Woolen gloves were found in the right pocket along with three coins, comb and several pieces of paper.
Lower part of the body was protected by underwear, sweat pants, cotton pants and ski pants.
On his feet he wore hand-knitted woolen socks and a pair of felt boots (valenki), Russian winter shoes perfect for Siberian coldness.
Additionally Nikolay Thibeaux-Brignolle wore two watches on his left arm.
One stopped at 8:14 and another at 8:39.
Cadaveric spots were discovered on the back of the upper body, neck and upper extremities.
Face hair length up to 1cm.
42002788761_ac3d4e39d2_o.png
Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolle injuries
  1. multiple fractures to the temporal bone, with extensions to the frontal and sphenoid bones, the close up of the fractures to the skull is shown on the picture
  2. bruise on the upper lip on the left side
  3. hemorrhage on the lower forearm, size 10x12 cm

Vozrozhdenny, who undertook the autopsy, excluded accidental fall on the rock as a possible cause for such a massive and unusual fracture.
From what kind of force could Tibo have received such damage?
In the conclusion, it’s shown the damage to Tibo’s head could have been the result of the throwing, fall or jettisoning of the body.
I don’t believe these wounds could have been the result of Tibo simply falling from the level of his own height, i.e. falling and hitting his head.
The extensive, depressed, multi-splintered (broken fornix and base of the skull) fracture could be the result of an impact of an automobile moving at high speed.
This kind of trauma could have occurred if Tibo had been thrown and fallen and hit his head against rocks, ice, etc., by a gust of strong wind.
Is it possible that Tibo was hit by a rock that was in someone’s hands?
In this case, there would have been damage to the soft tissue, and this was not evident.
How long could Tibo have lived after the trauma.
Could he have moved on his own, talked, etc.?
After this trauma, Tibo would have had a severe concussion; that is, he would have been in an unconscious state.
Moving him would have been difficult and, close to the end, movement would not have been possible.
I believe he would not have been able to move even if he had been helped.
He could only have been carried or dragged.
He could have shown signs of life for 2-3 hours.

MgDUsKN.jpg

Zina Kolmogorova's letters
Zina Kolmogorova letter home 26.I.1959
The letter is written on Jan 24 1959 in city of Serov and sent on Jan 26 from Vizhay
mXa3BhZ.jpg
Zina's last letter home page 1
Hello, my dear mom, dad, Tom, Galya and Lusya!
Greetings to you from Zina.
Well, I'm away from you again, now we are in Serov.
We have a transfer here and I am writing to you.
Well, how is life?
Anything new?
We are going camping, a group of 10 people.
The group is good.
At the plant, everything is ok, they let me go.
I have all the clothes I need, so do not worry about me.
How do you live?
Write to me in Vizhay, I am looking forward to it.
Has the cow calved yet?
I love milk.
How's mom work?
How is the dad's health?
Moms?
How are Galya and Lusya doing at school?
z9sGxAn.jpg
Zina's last letter home page 2
Lusya, try not to have Cs this semester.
And Galya turn Ds in sports to Cs. Spend more time on the skis and you need to run more.
See you soon and goodbye.
Big kisses to you all
Your Zina.

Write to me, I am looking forward to it.
Best

26 I 59
Zina Kolmogorova letter to Valentina Tokareva (Baldova) 24.I.1959 sent from Serov city
aUAzgda.jpg
Valentina Tokareva (Baldova)
My dearest Valya!
Here we are on our way to the mountains.
You want to hear a surprise?
Yuri Doroshenko is coming with us.
I really don’t know how I’ll feel.
I am treating him like anyone else, but it’s really hard, because we are together and yet we’re not together.
Everybody is asleep now.
Next to me are Yudin, Krivonischenko, Kolevatov, and they send their greetings to you. And Rustem Slobodin, too.
The train is going, in 3 hours we will be in Serov. Behind the windows stands the Ural taiga.
All the same it feels great to be alive in this world, my dear. You know, this mood, when you are sad and happy at the same time.
Somewhere Kamensk is waiting for me to go to work.
So far I’m finishing writing, since we just left and, it seems, the controller came, and we, as always, do not all have tickets.
Live, Valyushka, rejoice in the good.
What if there is sadness sometimes?
After all, one must live!
True?
We need to see only the good in life, and then it will be more fun to live.
I give you my word that everything will be all right.
(Today I am very sad, because he walks hand by the hand with one of the girls.
I am jealous.)
Zina Kolmogorova letter to Lidiya Grigoryeva 22.I.1959
irruu8K.jpg
Zina, Rita Mitrofanova, Lida Grigoryeva, Liliya Russkyh, Kolay Tregubov, Slava Halizov, Volodya Shunin, Tibo (down)
ZAkoiTK.jpg
Zina's letter to Lidiya Grigoryeva page 1
My dear Lida!
I arrived today at the institute, went to the post office and got your letter and was so happy.
I came from Kamensk where I had several days of practice, and here I am again at the institute, I came to take part in a hike.
I am going with Dyatlov to the Northern Ural.
And you understand, Lida, Yurka is coming with us too.
I didn’t want him to come.
Can you imagine how the healing wounds will be opened again.
I was very calm in Kamensk, although not a day passed that I didn’t think of him, but I managed to remember without pain in my heart, only sadness.
Yes, Lidushka, who to believe after all this?
And here we are again, together on an expedition.
He asked to join the group.
They took him, but they didn’t tell me to the very end.
He settled the whole thing with the backpacks and he was allowed to go hiking.
Liduska, this is going to be a very hard trip for me, you understand that, right?
I think I can treat him like everyone else, I will at least try.
After all, he was able to go with a group where I am, which means I must also pull myself together.
I’ll try, but it is going to be difficult, because I love him, Lida!
M7iGdQE.jpg
Zina's letter to Lidiya Grigoryeva page 2
Here we are together again, but not together.
I will be fastened, Lida!
Just give a word that I will.
Our composition is as follows:

1. Dyatlov
2. Thibault N. - he works in Sverdlovsk
3. Krivonischenko Yurka
4. Yudin
5. Vishnevskiy
6. Bienko
5. 7. Kolevatov
6. 8. Dubinina
7. 9. I
8. 10. Doroshenko
9. Slobodin
10. Zolotaryov
(note: Grigoryeva deleted Vishnevsky and Bienko and added Slobodin and Zolotarev)
The group is ok, I don't know how will it be the moment we go.
Will we quarrel.
After all, Kolevatov is with us. Gosya Dyatlov works in the laboratory, completes the diploma project in practice, not much of a life, not friends with anybody (of the girls of course). Zhenya Ch. leads a group, they have a very late vacation now, they didn’t ask to do anything together.
Kolya Tregubov is still the same, he has matured, though he doesn’t go on a hike, he has gone home.
Yes, Lidushechka, I have to deal with the instructors and for this I need bunch of references.
1) As a person, from the Komsomol.
2) As a hiker from the section office
3) Fill in the instructor card and certify
3gWdQQH.jpg
Zina's letter to Lidiya Grigoryeva page 3
and I forgot what else.
Not done it yet.
Five-year students went single (Bartolomey) and two (Petya Shtiglitz).
We went well.
Now very, very! many groups are going.
Valya Baldova is working in Kamensk.
Not much of a life, goes skiing.
Look, Lidochka, what do I look like after cutting my hair.
It's not the best photo, but have it for keepsake.
Well, that's all for now.
Write me back, Lida, how is work, do you like it at the factory, is it difficult to organize a section?
How are your personal affairs?
What's new, tell me everything.
Okay?
And now here is my address:
Sverdlovsk oblast Kamensk-Uralskiy 9
Poste restante Z. Kolmogorova
uaFFarG.jpg
Zina's letter to Lidiya Grigoryeva page 4
I wish you the very best to be happy, unlike some.
Thank you very much for the New Year greetings. You made me so happy.
In April and in the evening we’ll come up with something.
I, too, will not be at the institute until June 1, and we have practical certification in Kamensk.
- Well, for now, Lidusenka, write, I am really looking forward to it.
Though I don't write very often.
Is it true Lida?
I am already missing the institute team at the factory.
After all, I think to work there.
There is no section there, I have to organize it, it will be difficult.
So far, dear, write about everything.
Kiss tight Zina
Many greetings from everyone, the whole group to you, warm greetings from UPI to you and your new friends.
added across the text: - Lida, we are going camping now.
Someone will write to you now.
on the back of the photo: - A friend of my hiking days!
In memory of a good past and in honor of a beautiful future Liduska
from Z. Kolmogorova Sverdlovsk
22.I.1959
Krivonischneko and Thibeaux-Brignolle notes 23.I.1959 sent together with Zina's letter to Lidiya Grigoryeva
8S0Fv0O.jpg
Tibo's note sent together with Zina' letter
Hey, Lida!
Greetings from a room full of bags, tents and all sorts of food.
We go camping for Chistop.
I listened to your letter with great attention - you describe the situation quite correctly.
It's good.
That's all.
Hello from our roaming fraternity.
23.I.1959 (signed K. Tibo)
cswSvD6.jpg
Krivonischenko's note sent together with Zina's letter
Lidka!
Salute!
It's me, Yurka, who happens to be whiskered!
Where are you now?
Write, dear!
I'm waiting!
I will be in Sverdlovsk until March in after I come back from the expedition.
I am going with Dyatlov, and then I will go to Krasnoyarsk.
Come to meet us when we come from the hike!
Aw!
Engineering!
Ho-ho-ho Well, okay, greetings from Kolka Popov, mustachioed and gloomy! (signed G. Krivonischenko)
Zina Kolmogorova letter to Dyatlov 16.I.1959
qaKxBMr.jpg
Zina's letter to Dyatlov page 1
Hi, Igor!
Belated happy birthday, wish you all the best, great and challenging treks, and very successful defense of your dissertation.
I am in Kamensk, I’m sitting at the factory now, today is the second day, I’m in the North-Kazakhstan region, I read the frequency response and blueprints, they will give me something to draw soon.
Igor, you know what.
Write as soon as possible when we leave.
I can come on the 22nd in the morning, but I would very much like to stay here longer, because my family will arrive only on the 21st.
And I would like to get a diploma topic.
And without them they won’t give me anything.
I want to practice here until the 20th, i.e. in SKO, and where I will go after that I don't know yet.
Today or tomorrow I’m going to look for Valya Baldova.
I think I'll find her.
In fact, it’s boring here somehow right after the institute, there isn’t the usual noisy crowd of hikers here, at least I don’t know them yet, if any; Say hello to all of our "Khibiny".
How is the preparation going?
2RqI3AE.jpg
Zina's letter to Dyatlov page 2
How can I help here?
What's new at the institute?
How does the 4th course from our group pass?
Has Nikola Popov arrived or not?
Is Verkhoturov coming with us? (it doesn't matter that the last name was correctly written).
In general, Igor, write immediately so that I know when to leave.
After all, today is already the 16th.
That is all for now bye.
Many, many greetings to all our hikers, I’m bored here without you.
Looking forward to your prompt response Zina
Yes, my address:
city Kamensk-Uralskiy, St Zhdanova 9,
house 23 room 7
Z.A Kolmogorova

41475285174_3ca42b5286_o.jpg

May 18 - testing for radiation

Lev Ivanov, lead investigator of Dyatlov case, decides on this date to order a physical and technical expertise on the radioactive contamination of the clothing and parts of bodies of the deceased tourists.
41296018545_4b13577952_o.jpg
Resolution for radiation contamination testing
Ivanov appoints the chief radiologist of Sverdlovsk Levashov to conduct the tests.
All clothing of Semyon Zolotaryov, Lyudmila Dubinina, Aleksander Kolevatov and Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolle, as well as parts of their bodies were sent for testing.
Radiometric measurements were carried out with the help of the Tiss device without ashing in a lead house with cassette counters STS-6 in number of 4 pieces.
41296018395_94695ccd87_o.jpg
"Tiss" universal device
"Tiss" universal device, measures alpha with an energy of radiation more than 3 MeV, beta and gamma with an energy of radiation more than 0.600 MeV.
Measuring range: 2 - 700 rpm * cm2.
Тhe device is measuring the contamination of clothing, hands and work surfaces with alpha or beta-active substances, receives a signal that the amount of contamination exceeds the permissible level, the value of which can be set by the operator.
Later, with radiometric measurements without ashing in a lead house with cassette counters STS-6 in the amount of 4 pieces, maximum contamination was established in some sections.
Basic technical specification: The device is designed to work in the temperature range of ambient air from +5 to +35 ° C and relative humidity up to 85% (at + 20°C) Power - from the AC 110/127/220 V network with a frequency of 50 Hz.
According to the direct-reading device, it is possible to measure the average pulse arrival rate in the range of 60-100 000 cpm.
The entire range is divided into 6 subbands: 300 pulses / min - 100 000 imp / min. The TU block has a working surface of 150 cm2.
The device's own background is 20 pulses/min.
With the TI block it is possible to work in gamma fields with an intensity of not more than 500 micro/sec.
The block is sensitive to magnetic fields.
The instrument measures contamination of surfaces with beta-active substances complete with a block of PM.
The working surface of the sensor is 130 cm2.
The measuring range is up to 100 000 rpm.
The device provides automatic compensation of the external gamma background, provided that the background value does not exceed the nominal value of the scale at which the measurements are made.
The studies were performed in Sverdlovsk radiological laboratory from 18 - 25 May 59.

27521828707_5127e20e63_o.jpg

May 27 - Radiological Analysis Report

CONCLUSION OF THE EXPERT
I here by testify that I have been warned about the responsibility under articles 92 and 95 of the Criminal Code of the RSFSR Levashov (signature) 18.V.1959
The tests were performed in the radiological laboratory from 18/V-59 to 25/V-59.
REFERENCE
In the Certificate of Examination all objects of investigation are numbered from №1 to №4 as in the autopsy reports:
№1 Kolevatov
№2 Zolotaryov
№3 Thibault Brignoles
№4 Dubinina
Samples of solid biosubstrates and clothes combined in groups under Nos 1, 2, 3,4 were submitted to the radio-isotope laboratory of the Sverdlovsk sanitaryepidemic station and were analyzed for presence of radioactive materials.
Dosimetric measurements of clothes showed excessive radioactivity (Betaemission only, no Alpha or Gamma-quanta) of 200–300 counts per minute (cpm) over the natural background.
Further investigation allowed maximum contamination to be established on different spots of clothing:
40583873440_6c0b80c7fc_o.jpg
  1. Brown sweater from №4: 9900 cpm on 150 cm2
  2. Bottom part of bloomers from №1: 5000 cpm on 150 cm2
  3. Belt of sweater from №1: 5600 cpm on 150 cm2

Table №2 shows the contamination of various types of clothing.
40583873720_673135fe7d_o.png
Recalculation was performed on the B-2 installation in a lead house with a cassette counter STS-6 in the number of 4 pieces.
Conversion factor installations B-2 k = 8.9; background in lead house (before washing) 90 pulses/min; background in lead house (after washing) 100 pulses/min.
27521828707_5127e20e63_o.jpg
Experimental washing of the clothes showed that the pollution is reduced, the percentage of decreasing varies from 30% to 60% (clothes were washed in running cold water for 3 hours).
When determining the type of radiation, it is established that the activity takes place due to beta particles.
Alpha particles and gamma quanta were not detected.
The absence of appropriate instruments and conditions in the laboratory made it impossible to perform radiochemical and spectrometric analysis to determine the chemical structure of the emitter and its radiation energy.
Radiometric measurements of solid biosubstrates were carried out at the B-2 facility (No. 2554) in a lead house with a BFA-25 meter.
The unit was measured using a strontium preparation with an activity of 1) 7000 rpm, 2) 2000 rpm.
The results of measurements of samples from №1, 2, 3, 4 are summarized in Table №1 (see on the back)
40583873600_8b2be179c0_o.png
Set conversion ratio = 5.5
The results of the measurements from the control samples are summarized in Table №3 (see below)
40583873860_01a531e371_o.png
Control samples were obtained from the forensic medical expert of Dr. Vozrozhdenny.
The samples of the tissues of a person who died in the accident of a motor vehicle in the city of Sverdlovsk, also showed the presence of a natural radiological element of potassium-40 in approximately the same amounts as in Table №1.
Thus, the results of the studies in Tables 1 and 3 do not exceed the averaged data on the content of radioactive substances in human organs and may be due to natural radioactive Potassium-40.
Radiation by type refers to Beta particles.
Alpha particles and gamma quanta are not detected.
CONCLUSIONS:
  1. The content of radioactive materials in analyzed solid biosubstartes is within the natural level (and is due to the presence of isotope K-40).
  2. The analyzed samples of clothing carry slightly excessive amounts of radioactive substances being the source of Beta-emission.
  3. The detected radioactive materials or radioactive substance show a tendency to washing-off in the course of clothing samples washing, i.e., they are not due to a neutron flux or induced radiation, but rather to radioactive contamination with Beta-particles.

Chief radiologist of the city of Levashov (signed) 27.05.1959
The studies were performed in the radiological laboratory from 18/V-59 to 25/V-59.
Nowadays, on 28 Jan 2014, Komsomolskaya pravda reporter Natalya Varsegova asked Vladimir Askinadzi:
Were you tested for radiation?
– No. I learned about radiation only when the case was declassified.
True, there was a Moscow radiologist with a dosimeter there on the pass.
He took measurements, but we were not informed about the results.
They also interviewed Petr Bartolomey who was student in UPI at the time and a good friend of Igor Dyatlov:
Was there radiation at the dying place of Dyatlov group?
– The well-known physicist Abram Kikoin was in charge of the tests for radiation at the site of the death of the hikers.
Now deceased.
He is also the head of the mountaineering section in UPI, a physics teacher, Ph.D. Kikoin flew there with the latest radiometer for those times, developed by Yuri Shtein, also a graduate of UPI.
This radiometer, although it was rather cumbersome, was considered very successful.
It was used in 1957 to measure radiation at the site of a well-known accident in the Chelyabinsk Mayak.
I do not know what caused the need for radiation measurement.
But, as far as I know, Kikoin worked there with a radiometer on his own initiative.
Perhaps, that's why this is not mentioned in the criminal case.
On the pass Kikoin, as far as I know, did not find dangerous radiation.
However, checking the clothes of Yuri Krivonischenko showed an elevated radioactive background.
Kikoin then came to the conclusion that this radiation on the clothes could have been brought from somewhere.
Probably, from that very factory "Mayak", where Krivonischenko worked. But in more detail on the radiation at the pass you can ask the radiometer designer Yuri Shtein, now living in Yekaterinburg.
He was also involved in this investigation.

42365219212_6a92d93caf_o.jpg

Resolution to close the case
I APPROVE:
PROSECUTOR OF THE SVERDLOVSK REGION
STATE ADVISER OF JUSTICE OF THE III CLASS
(N. KLINOV)
May 28, 1959
41691993554_8a939c7269_o.jpg
Nikolay Ivanovich Klinov - Prosecutor of Sverdlovsk region
RESOLUTION.
May 28, 1959
city of Sverdlovsk
Prosecutor criminologist of the Sverdlovsk Regional Prosecutor's Office Jr. Justice Counselor Ivanov, having examined the criminal case instituted on the occasion of the death of 9 tourists in the Ivdel district of the Sverdlovsk region,
42415211881_f97c64b5ef_o.jpg
Case file page 384
Rulled:
January 23, 1959 a group of amateur tourists in the amount of 10 people went on a ski trip along the route: city of Sverdlovsk - city of Ivdel - 2nd Northern district - Mt. Otorten - Oika-Chakour mountain - North Toschemka river - Vizhay settlement - city of Ivdel - city of Sverdlovsk.
The group consisted of: Igor Dyatlov - a student of the Ural Polytechnic Institute, leader of the expedition; Dubinina L.A., Kolmogorova Z.A., Kolevatov A.S., Yudin Y.E., Doroshenko Y.N. - UPI students; Zolotaryov A.A. - Instructor of the Kourovka Tourist Base, Slobodin R.V., Krivonischenko Y.G., Thibeaux-Brignolle N.V. - engineers of enterprises in Sverdlovsk and Chelyabinsk.
All the participants of the expedition had good hiking training and could participate in a trek of III category of difficulty.
The group was supplied with the necessary equipment and food, the trade union committee of the Ural Polytechnic Institute financed the expedition.
Arriving safely to the place of the beginning of the trek - the 2nd Northern Ivdels district on 28.I.59 the group started the hike.
One tourist - Yudin Y.S. returned home from the site of the 2nd Northern, as he could not continue the trek due to illness.
From diary entries, sketches of the route and developed photographic films of the tourists it is determined that on 28 May 1959 the group went upstream Lozva river, 30.I.59 the group continued its movement, 31.I.59 the tourists reached Auspiya river and tried to go over the pass to the valley of Lozva river, but because of the low temperature and strong wind they had to go back down and stopped for overnight.
On I.II.59 tourists built a storage in the upper reaches of Auspiya river in which they left supplies of food and all unnecessary equipment.
On 31.I.59 going back in the valley of Auspiya river and knowing about the difficult conditions of the relief of the height "1079", where the ascent was supposed to be, Dyatlov, as the leader of the group, made a gross mistake allowing the group to begin the ascent on 1.II.59, only at 15-00.
41691993864_5a7f15a3de_o.jpg
Case file page 385
Later, on the ski trail, which was preserved at the time of the search, it was possible to establish that the tourists, moving to the valley of the fourth tributary of the Lozva River, were 500-600 m to the left and instead of the pass formed by the peaks "1079" and "880" they went up on the eastern slope of height "1079".
This was Dyatlov's second mistake.
Using light day time to rise to the top of the "1079", in conditions of strong wind that is usual in this area, and a low temperature of the order of 25-30 ° C, Dyatlov group found themselves at unprofitable conditions for spending the night and decided to pitch the tent on a slope of height "1079" so that in the morning of the next day, without losing altitude, go to the Mt. Otorten, to which the distance in straight line remained about 10 km.
In one of the cameras the last frame shows the moment of excavation of snow for the installation of the tent.
Considering that this frame was shot with an exposure of I/25 seconds, with a diaphragm of 5.6 at a film sensitivity of 65 Un.
GOST, and taking into account the density of the frame, we can assume that the tourists started the installation of the tent around 5 pm 1.II.59.
A similar picture was taken with another camera.
After this time, no records and no photos were found.
According to the protocol of the route committee, the group leader, Igor Dyatlov, 12.II.59, was to telegraphically inform the sports club of the UPI and the Committee of Physical Education (comrade Ufimtsev) on arrival of the group in the village of Vizhay.
Since the deadline of 12.II.59 passed, and no information was received from the group, the tourists who knew Dyatlov closely demanded a search to start, and on 20.II.59 the Institute's leadership on the Dyatlov route sent a search team, and then several more groups.
Subsequently, soldiers and officers of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, planes and helicopters of civil and military aviation joined the search operation.
On February 26, 1959, on the eastern slope of the peak "1079" the group's tent was found with all the equipment and food in it.
The tent and all that was in it were well preserved.
Inspection of the tent showed that it was set correctly and provided accommodation for the hikers.
In the tent there were 2 blankets, backpacks, storm jackets and trousers.
The rest of the blankets were crumpled and frozen.
On the blanket were found several loin pieces.
Location and availability of items in the tent (almost all shoes, all outer clothing, personal belongings and diaries) indicated that the tent was abandoned suddenly by all tourists at the same time, and, as it was established in the subsequent forensic expertise, the lee side of the tent, where tourists usually laid their heads, it was cut from the inside in two places providing a free exit of the person through these cuts.
42415211631_12e0ff0781_o.jpg
Case file page 386
Below the tent, for up to 500 meters in the snow, traces of people walking from the tent to the valley and into the forest have been preserved.
The traces were well preserved and there were 8-9 pairs.
Inspection of the tracks showed that some of them were almost barefoot (for example, in one cotton sock), others had a typical footprint of felt boots, legs covered in a soft sock, etc.
Prints of tracks were located close to each other, converging and again separated one from another.
Closer to the border of the forest, the footprints were covered with snow and disappeared.
Neither traces of a struggle nor presence of other people were found in the tent or near it.
26.II.59 in 1500 meters from the tent, at the forest boundary, the remains of a fire are found, and near it were the bodies of Doroshenko and Krivonischenko, stripped to the underwear.
At 300 meters from the makeshift fire, in the direction of the tent, was found the body of Dyatlov, 180 meters away from him - the body of Slobodin, and 150 meters from Slobodin - Kolmogorova body.
The last three bodies were located on a straight line from the fire to the tent.
Dyatlov lay on his backs, his head in the direction of the tent, his hands clasping the trunk of a small birch.
Slobodin and Kolmogorov lay face down, their pose testified that they were crawling to the tent.
Money and personal effects (pens, pencils, etc.) were found in the pockets of Kolmogorova, Dyatlov and Slobodin.
On his left hand pointing outwards Slobodin was wearing a watch that stopped at 8:45.
Dyatlov's watch showed 5:31.
Forensic medical examination found that Dyatlov, Doroshenko, Krivonischenko and Kolmogorova died from exposure to low temperature (frozen), none of them had physical injuries, not counting minor scratches and abrasions.
Slobodin had a crack in the skull 6 cm long, which had spread to 0.1 cm, but Slobodin died from freezing.
May 4, 1959, 75 meters from the campfire, in the direction of the valley of the fourth tributary of Lozva, i.e. perpendicular to the way of tourists from the tent, under a layer of snow 4-4.5 meters, the bodies of Dubinina, Zolotaryov, Thibeaux-Brignolle and Kolevatov were found.
On the bodies, as well as a few meters from them, Krivonischenko and Doroshenko's clothes were found - trousers, sweaters.
All clothing has traces of smooth cuts, as already photographed with the bodies of Doroshenko and Krivonischenko.
The dead Thibeaux Brignolle and Zolotaryov were found well-dressed, worse dressed Dubinina - her jacket made of artificial fur and a cap were found on Zolotaryov, Dubinina's naked leg was wrapped in Krivonischenko's woolen pants.
Near the bodies, Krivonischenko's knife was found, which cut off the young firs near the fire.
On the hand of Thibeaux-Brignolle were two watches - one of them shows 8:14, and the second - 8:39.
Forensic evidence of bodies revealed that Kolevatov's death had come from the effect of low temperature (frozen), Kolevatov had no physical injuries.
The death of Dubinina, Thibeaux-Brignolle and Zolotaryov was the result of multiple physical injuries.
Dubinina has a semimetric fracture of the ribs: on the right 2, 3, 4, 5 and left 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
In addition she has extensive hemorrhage in the heart.
42365219212_6a92d93caf_o.jpg
Case file page 387
Thibeaux-Brignolle has an extensive hemorrhage in the right temporal muscle - corresponding to him - a crushed fracture of the skull bones measuring 3x7 cm, with a bone defect 3x2 cm.
Zolotaryov has a broken ribs on the right 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 along the parasternal and midaxillary lines, which caused his death.
The investigation did not establish the presence of other people on February 1 or February 2, 1959 in the area of ​​the height "1079", except the tourists from Dyatlov group.
It is also established that the population of the Mansi people, living in 80-100 km from this place, is Russian friendly, offers tourists accommodation, assistance etc.
The place where the group died is considered to be unfit for hunting and reindeer breeding in the winter.
Considering the absence of external injuries to the bodies or signs of a fight, the presence of all the valuables of the group, and also taking into account the conclusion of the medical examinations for the causes of the deaths of the tourists, it is concluded that the cause of their demise was overwhelming force, which the tourists were not able to overcome.
For the shortcomings in the organization of tourist work and weak control of the bureau of the Sverdlovsk GC the CPSU punished in party terms: the director of the Ural Polytechnic Institute Siunov, the secretary of the party bureau Zaostrovsky, the chairman of the trade union UPK Slobodin, the chairman of the city union of voluntary sports societies Kurochkin and the inspector of the union Ufimtsev.
The chairman of the board of the sports club of the Gordo Institute has been removed from work.
Given that between the actions of the above-mentioned persons who have committed shortcomings in the formulation of sports work and the death of tourists there is no causal connection and, not seeing in this case the corpus delicti, guided by paragraph 5 of Article 4 of the RSFSR Code of Criminal Procedure,
Ruled:
The criminal case on the death of the group of tourists and further proceedings are to be terminated.
PROSECUTOR CRIMINALIST
JR. ADVISER OF JUSTICE (IVANOV)
AGREED:
DEPUTY CHIEF OF THE INVESTIGATIVE DEPARTMENT
ADVISER OF JUSTICE (LUKIN)
40607062170_80dae506d0_o.jpg
Andrey Pavlovich Kirilenko - First Secretary of the Sverdlovsk Regional Committee of the Communist Party

l7JjbNB.jpg

“Mystery of the fireballs” by Stanislav Bogomolov
The dead group
This is what the description of the expedition of the group of I. Dyatlov looks like, compiled by E. Bazyaeva, V. Ryabkov and A. Koskin. In January 1959, a group of 10 UPI hikers set off on a hike in the Northern Urals. Declared route III (at that time the highest) category of difficulty. The route is quite difficult, but generally normal for the Northern Urals. In our time, many groups go through much more complicated routes every year. The hike area is a huge uninhabited space covered with taiga. There is a lot of windbreak in the taiga, in winter there is deep snow, frost up to -40° (sometimes it can be up to -50°). Mountains are treeless ridges. The slopes are mostly gentle, characterized by the presence of large flat snowy fields at the top. In winter, the prevailing wind direction is from west to east. Constantly blowing wind compacts snow on the ridges or blows it down. The closest settlement to the scene is the colony settlement of Ushma. In the forest occasionally can be found hunting huts. Mansi hunters live in the area now. This place is not easy to find on the map - Mount Otorten is located almost in the northernmost point of the Sverdlovsk region, where the borders of our region, the Komi ASSR and the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Area converge. I. Dyatlov's group was quite prepared for the trek - this is testified by everyone who knew the guys. They had been in North before this hike many times. Dyatlov himself is characterized as an experienced, strong-willed, resourceful leader. Of the shortcomings - a very tough authoritarian leadership. But since he was really the most experienced in the group, this can be considered to be normal. In an extreme situation, the group most likely obeyed the order, even if someone had doubts about the need, for example, to leave the tent. This could be done purely automatically, since in any extreme conditions on a camping trip the collective actions of the group are the key to safety. They had the following plan for the trek. Leave some of the things and products in a cache and go light to Otorten, return and continue south. It is feasible. They went to the upper sources of the Auspiya river in the evening and, as they lagged behind the route schedule, tried to climb the ridge between the peaks "1079" and "880" immediately and cross it, but due to bad weather they did not succeed. They spent the night in the upper reaches of Auspiya, in the morning they began to make a storage (it was necessary to protect the food from the animals!), busied themselves until 15.00 and only then started going up. In principle, they could go down into the forest in the Lozva valley, but spent the night above the forest (it was about 1.5 km before it), obviously so as not to lose time in the morning to climb the ridge (and it is optimal to move to Otorten along a treeless ridge rather than below, because the snow through the forest there is very deep). This decision confirms that the group was strong, because spending the night above the forest border is quite difficult and cold. The group set up the tent on the ski (for thermal insulation, so that the snow does not melt and does not wet the bottom of the tent, blankets). Very competently. And then something happened that made them urgently escape from the tent in panic. We don't know when did this happen - in the evening, at night or in the morning. The coroner report says that they ate 6-8 hours before death. It could be both lunch and dinner. Rather, dinner, as they were undressed, they had already gone to bed.
Force of nature?
Next, it's probably better to turn to the dry language of the protocol, or rather, to the decision to close the case (ed. - In 1990 when this article was published the text of the resolution was not known to the public):
------------------
"...On 31.I.1959 going back in the valley of Auspiya river and knowing about the difficult conditions of the relief of the height "1079", where the ascent was supposed to be, Dyatlov, as the leader of the group, made a gross mistake allowing the group to begin the ascent on 1.II.1959, only at 15-00.
Later, on the ski trail, which was preserved at the time of the search, it was possible to establish that the hikers, moving to the valley of the fourth tributary of the Lozva River, were 500-600 m to the left and instead of the pass formed by the peaks "1079" and "880" they went up on the eastern slope of height "1079".
This was Dyatlov's second mistake.
Using light day time to rise to the top of the "1079", in conditions of strong wind that is usual in this area, and a low temperature of the order of 25-30°C, Dyatlov group found themselves at unprofitable conditions for spending the night and decided to pitch the tent on a slope of height "1079" so that in the morning of the next day, without losing altitude, go to the Mt. Otorten, to which the distance in straight line remained about 10 km.
In one of the cameras the last frame shows the moment of excavation of snow for the installation of the tent. Considering that this frame was shot with an exposure of I/25 seconds, with a diaphragm of 5.6 at a film sensitivity of 65 Un. GOST, and taking into account the density of the frame, we can assume that the hikers started the installation of the tent around 5 pm 1.II.1959. A similar picture was taken with another camera.
After this time, no records and no photos were found.
According to the protocol of the route committee, the group leader, Igor Dyatlov, 12.II.1959, was to telegraphically inform the sports club of the UPI and the Committee of Physical Education (comrade Ufimtsev) on arrival of the group in the village of Vizhay.
Since the deadline of 12.II.1959 passed, and no information was received from the group, the hikers who knew Dyatlov closely demanded a search to start, and on 20.II.1959 the Institute's leadership on the Dyatlov route sent a search team, and then several more groups. Subsequently, soldiers and officers of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, planes and helicopters of civil and military aviation joined the search operation.
On February 26, 1959, on the eastern slope of the peak "1079" the group's tent was found with all the equipment and food in it. The tent and all that was in it were well preserved.
Inspection of the tent showed that it was set correctly and provided accommodation for the hikers. In the tent there were 2 blankets, backpacks, storm jackets and trousers. The rest of the blankets were crumpled and frozen. On the blanket were found several loin pieces.
Location and availability of items in the tent (almost all shoes, all outer clothing, personal belongings and diaries) indicated that the tent was abandoned suddenly by all hikers at the same time, and, as it was established in the subsequent forensic expertise, the lee side of the tent, where hikers usually laid their heads, it was cut from the inside in two places providing a free exit of the person through these cuts.
Below the tent, for up to 500 meters in the snow, traces of people walking from the tent to the valley and into the forest have been preserved. The traces were well preserved and there were 8-9 pairs. Inspection of the tracks showed that some of them were almost barefoot (for example, in one cotton sock), others had a typical footprint of felt boots, legs covered in a soft sock, etc. Prints of tracks were located close to each other, converging and again separated one from another. Closer to the border of the forest, the footprints were covered with snow and disappeared.
Neither traces of a struggle nor presence of other people were found in the tent or near it.
26.II.59 in 1500 meters from the tent, at the forest boundary, the remains of a fire are found, and near it were the bodies of Doroshenko and Krivonischenko, stripped to the underwear. At 300 meters from the makeshift fire, in the direction of the tent, was found the body of Dyatlov, 180 meters away from him - the body of Slobodin, and 150 meters from Slobodin - Kolmogorova body. The last three bodies were located on a straight line from the fire to the tent. Dyatlov lay on his backs, his head in the direction of the tent, his hands clasping the trunk of a small birch. Slobodin and Kolmogorov lay face down, their pose testified that they were crawling to the tent. Money and personal effects (pens, pencils, etc.) were found in the pockets of Kolmogorova, Dyatlov and Slobodin. On his left hand pointing outwards Slobodin was wearing a watch that stopped at 8:45. Dyatlov's watch showed 5:31.
Forensic medical examination found that Dyatlov, Doroshenko, Krivonischenko and Kolmogorova died from exposure to low temperature (frozen), none of them had physical injuries, not counting minor scratches and abrasions. Slobodin had a crack in the skull 6 cm long, which had spread to 0.1 cm, but Slobodin died from freezing.
May 4, 1959, 75 meters from the campfire, in the direction of the valley of the fourth tributary of Lozva, i.e. perpendicular to the way of the hikers from the tent, under a layer of snow 4-4.5 meters, the bodies of Dubinina, Zolotaryov, Thibeaux-Brignolle and Kolevatov were found. On the bodies, as well as a few meters from them, Krivonischenko and Doroshenko's clothes were found - trousers, sweaters. All clothing has traces of smooth cuts, as already photographed with the bodies of Doroshenko and Krivonischenko.
The dead Thibeaux Brignolle and Zolotaryov were found well-dressed, worse dressed Dubinina - her jacket made of artificial fur and a cap were found on Zolotaryov, Dubinina's naked leg was wrapped in Krivonischenko's woolen pants. Near the bodies, Krivonischenko's knife was found, which cut off the young firs near the fire. On the hand of Thibeaux-Brignolle were two watches - one of them shows 8:14, and the second - 8:39.
Forensic evidence of bodies revealed that Kolevatov's death had come from the effect of low temperature (frozen), Kolevatov had no physical injuries. The death of Dubinina, Thibeaux-Brignolle and Zolotaryov was the result of multiple physical injuries. Dubinina has a semimetric fracture of the ribs: on the right 2, 3, 4, 5 and left 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. In addition she has extensive hemorrhage in the heart.
Thibeaux-Brignolle has an extensive hemorrhage in the right temporal muscle - corresponding to him - a crushed fracture of the skull bones measuring 3x7 cm, with a bone defect 3x2 cm.
Zolotaryov has a broken ribs on the right 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 along the parasternal and midaxillary lines, which caused his death.
The investigation did not establish the presence of other people on February 1 or February 2, 1959 in the area of ​​the height "1079", except the hikers from Dyatlov group. It is also established that the population of the Mansi people, living in 80-100 km from this place, is Russian friendly, offers hikers accommodation, assistance etc. The place where the group died is considered to be unfit for hunting and reindeer breeding in the winter.
Considering the absence of external injuries to the bodies or signs of a fight, the presence of all the valuables of the group, and also taking into account the conclusion of the medical examinations for the causes of the deaths of the hikers, it is concluded that the cause of their demise was overwhelming force, which the hikers were not able to overcome.
For the shortcomings in the organization of sports work and weak control of the bureau of the Sverdlovsk GC the CPSU punished in party terms: the director of the Ural Polytechnic Institute Siunov, the secretary of the party bureau Zaostrovsky, the chairman of the trade union UPK Slobodin, the chairman of the city union of voluntary sports societies Kurochkin and the inspector of the union Ufimtsev. The chairman of the board of the sports club of the Gordo Institute has been removed from work.
Given that between the actions of the above-mentioned persons who have committed shortcomings in the formulation of sports work and the death of hikers there is no causal connection and, not seeing in this case the corpus delicti, guided by paragraph 5 of Article 4 of the RSFSR Code of Criminal Procedure, ruled: The criminal case on the death of the group of hikers and further proceedings are to be terminated.
Prosecutor criminalist Jr. Adviser of Justice (Ivanov),
Deputy Chief of the Investigative Department Adviser of Justice (Lukin)"
------------------
I intentionally cited almost the entire resolution and the two signatures at the bottom, since in the future one of these investigators helped clarify a lot of the “blank spots” both in the case and in this whole tragedy.
So, the cause of death is an overwhelming force. We will return to what kind of force of nature it was, but lets read between the lines of the protocol. The reader will later understand why we needed to recreate a more or less complete picture of the searches. Here's how G. Grigoryev, the Uralskiy Rabochiy's own correspondent at the time recalls these alarming days that stirred up not only the north, but the whole region:
"Khrushchev and the case"
"In February 1959, upon arrival in Ivdel, I found out that a I. Dyatlov's group of hikers from UPI did not return from the mountains. I saw how the search started. More than 40 ski hikers were dropped off with helicopters from Ivdel airfield to the region of Mt Otorten. Most of them were UPI students. Earlier, a Mansi group left the village of Suevatpaul on reindeer sleds with a walkie-talkie and a radio operator. It was led by a deputy of the Ivdel City Council, Stepan Kurikov. The search began on February 21, and five days later terrible news came from the mountains. The Slobtsov and Kurikov's group found a tent covered with snow on the slope of the mountain "1079". When they dug it up, they realized that it was cut with a knife. Inside they found the outerwear, boots, backpacks, and skis of I. Dyatlov's group. Where are the hikers themselves? And terrible rumors started in Ivdel that the hikers climbed the sacred mountain of the Mansi, and they killed them and hid the corpses. The next day it was reported that the bodies of G. Krivonischenko, Y. Doroshenko, and I. Dyatlov were found. Members of the commission investigating the death of hikers flew into the mountains. They reported no signs of violent death. Later the bodies of Z. Kolmogorova and R. Slobodin were found. A medical expert concluded that they died from hypothermia. But why? And other rumors raised in Ivdel. They said that there were new atomic weapon tests in the Northern Urals, and the group died from radiation. Telegrams with requests were sent to Moscow - is that so? The commissions had at their disposal rolls of film and diaries of the dead. All this and much more suggested that there was no radiation there. In addition, hikers died just 50 km from the village of Suevatpaul. In the war I was a ski trooper, and this helped me to take part in the search. There were four still missing. We lived in a tent by the river Auspiya. Here, in the night before their last, the group of I. Dyatlov set up their tent. From here, having hidden part of their equipment and products in the cache, on February 1, 1959, they went to the foothill of Otorten. They had to climb the pass, cross it, go down to the valley of the Lozva river, put up a tent and spend the night there. Experienced hikers took part in the search, they have been to the mountains with I. Dyatlov not once, but they were not very fond of him: "He is a good reliable hiker when he is an ordinary member of the group. If he leads a group, he commands and does not consult with anyone." This matches Z. Kolmogorova's entries in her diary. They climbed a slightly sloped pass at dusk and lost their way. From the north they turned to the north-west and they began to climbing mountain "1079" thinking is the continuation of the pass. 300 meters from the its flat top, exhausted, they decided to setup the tent and spent the night. ...Then, prosecutors, investigators, mountaineering masters of sports stood at this place, and everyone said that putting up a tent on the mountain was a gross mistake. This with a strong wind, a snowfall can result in death. And the winds here, in a funnel between mount "1079" and Otorten, in the winter are such that, as the Mansi say, even animals do not come here. Why did they leave the tent? The masters of sports firmly stated that there was only one reason: a flash blizzard that broke out at night. It raved, tore up the old tent and woke up hikers. Waking up, they were afraid that they might find themselves under an avalanche, which is often occurrence in the mountains. A. Gubin, in his article in the Uralskiy Rabichiy from January 21, 1990, writes that the hikers were frightened by the missile stage burning in the sky. I doubt it. And that's why. He writes that there are 10 holes in the tent with a diameter of up to three centimeters: this is most likely from falling fragments of the burning missile stage on top of the tent. I saw the tent when it was taken down from the mountains to Ivdel. They set it up there, at the airport, and I could see it: if the holes were from fragments, then the shrapnelс had to hit the tent not only from above, but also from all four sides. In addition, if 10 fragments pierced the thick fabric of the tent, they would seriously injure the people inside. This wasn't the case. The tent was old, patched many times. It was repaired during the last trip, as Z. Kolmogorova wrote in her diary on January 28. From February 1 to February 28, the tent stood on the mountain, in the wind, and it all disheveled. The threads of the closures parted, and the holes became even larger. The tent was damaged when it was dug out of the snow. Like everyone who took part in the search, I have my own version of what happened: in a panic, jumping out of the tent, the hikers rushed down the slope of the mountain. In the dark and with a blizzard winds they were falling down on the stones. The winds blew the snow around them so that the stones stood as if in craters of compressed iced snow. Even a sniffer dog fell into one of these holes during the search, damaged his paw and limped. In the forest, a mile and a half from the tent, the hikers came to their senses, and here they began a courageous battle with death. They fought so much for life that, standing on the spot where a fire had been burning a month ago, I involuntarily recalled the front, when we were sneaking on skis behind the Germans, and we were on our own, couldn't expect help, and we fought to the death. The hikers were in an even more difficult and hopeless situation. After all, they were in underwear, sweaters, woolen socks, in light knitted hats, some without them. This is during a blizzard wind and a 20-degree freezing cold - weather forecasters recorded then. By the way, hikers came running almost to the place where they were supposed to come the day before. But it got dark, they made the mistake of camping up the mountain that they paid with their lifes. I listen to the faint noise of stocky cedars, look at the long-extinct firebrands, at the white cuts from the thick knives in the bark of one of the cedars and imagine how young strong people fought against the elements, until their death. It seems like even here in the forest the winds were strong that night. They made a fire and a jacket taken from one of them was used to fend off the wind from the fire. We found it near the fire scorched by a flame. Two large branches, cut high on a cedar, were blown away by the wind about ten meters from the tree, and they were not found and used that night. Several tops of low pines and other threes were thrown into the fire. All this suggests that in the beginning all or almost all hikers fought with death near the fire. After realizing that the fire would not save them, I. Dyatlov, Z. Kolmogorova and R. Sobodin rushed back up the mountain into the blizzard, to go to the tent for clothes. The other four went deeper into the forest, where the wind was quieter and there was more firewood. Maybe they rushed to look for the Mansi chum? Mansi hunters sometimes used it in the winter. The chum is indicated on topographic maps, and it always has not only a stove, firewood, matches, but also food. Z. Kolmogorova was best dressed. She was wearing a ski suit, a checkered shirt, woolen socks with insoles, two hats on her head. She apparently put on something during the panic in the tent. And when going back to the tent she covered most distance. The courageous girl froze three hundred meters from the tent. A dog found her body under a thin layer of snow compressed by the wind. Zina froze in the position in which she crawled up the mountain like a plastun in a headwind. I. Dyatlov, protecting his open head with the hand, froze five hundred meters from the tent. On the way to her, R. Slobodin also died. G. Krivonischenko and Yu. Doroshenko, who remained at the fire, did their best to keep it from going out. Frozen guys lying around the fire. Their corpses, half-carried by snow, were found first. A. Kolevatov, L. Dubinina, N. Thibault-Brignoles, A. Zolotarev, apparently stiff from the cold, took refuge from the wind under the high bank of the river and also froze. They were covered in so much snow that their bodies were found only in early May, when the snow began to melt. I related by phone the detailed material about the tragedy in the mountains to the editorial office of the Uralskiy Rabochiy. But the First Secretary of the Central Committee of the CPSU N. Khrushchev, having received telegrams from the parents of the victims, took control of the searches in the mountains. He suggested that the press prints the material when they find everyone. The last four hikers were found after almost two months. I reminded the editors of the Uralskiy Rabochiy about this and updated my material. But in order to publish it, one had to turn to N. Khrushchev. This could be done only by the first secretary of the regional party committee Kirilenko. He did not want to remind N. Khrushchev of the tragedy in our area. In the editorial office I was told that a lot of time has passed after the death of the hikers, and is it worth it to stir up the tragedy all over again?"
This is one version. E. Bazyaeva, V. Ryabkov and A. Koskin disagree with him in many ways. They consider, in particular that Dyatlov’s mistakes are clearly exaggerated. S. Sogrin is a student of the UPI at that time, here is part of his testimony from the case files: “On March 4, I, Akselrod, Korolev and three Muscovites went up to the place where Dyatlov’s tent was. All of us here came to the unanimous opinion that the tent was set up according to all the hiking and climbing rules. The slope on which the tent stood was not dangerous. The steepness of the slope is 15-18 degrees." As for the "opinion of the masters", the tent setup obviously worked - te incident was blamed on the blizzard wind and bad weather, and this was fixed in the official report.
"I think they died from suffocation..."
N. Tokarev, a member of the search party has a different opinion. He says: "This is how we searched for them. We lined up two meters apart and pierced the snow with probes. We started from the place where their tracks ended, that is, 150 meters from the tent. They were well preserved. On the first day, I noticed a broken-down little fir tree on the edge of the forest, where the last four were subsequently discovered. I told about this to the student leader Kikoin, but he waved it off. The broken branches were nowhere to be seen - they were were found in the hole dug in the snow, where the four bodies were. I think it all happened like that. At night, one of the hikers left the tent and saw something that terrified him. He raised the alarm, and everyone left the tent, ran down. One of them, R. Slobodin, fell and was injured. Having reached the valley, they began to think what to do next. And apparently, they decided three of them go back to the tent for clothes, the the rest to make a fire and wait on the spot. I think they died from suffocation, but did not freeze. The fact is that the snow near Kolmogorova’s face was bloodied, apparently, it was bleeding through her nose or throat. Further, the guys failed to make a fire - birch bark and twigs were only charred. I think from a lack of oxygen. It turns out that three died on the way to the tent, two - near the unburned fire, and four dug up a hole, broke branches from fir trees, lined the bottom of the hole and went down into it. After some time, they sent one to find out what happened to the bonfire. He came to the fire and found his comrades dead. To warm the rest, he took their clothes and went back. But the clothes of the comrades did not save the four..."
I intentionally reproduced these two personal versions as fully as possible, although it may have turned out a bit long. I must say that almost everyone who responded had their own hypothesis. But all the authors proceeded from the fact that R. Slobodin had the only injury, the rest simply froze. Now we have already familiarized ourselves with the decision to close the case, where it says that the death of Dubinina, Thibeaux-Brignolle and Zolotaryov came as a result of multiple injuries. It seems that only two knew about this circumstance - the criminal prosecutor A. Ivanov and forensic expert B. Vozrozhdenny. True, many search participants and eyewitnesses recalled the unnatural color of the skin of the dead. They even called it orange. But few people paid attention to this circumstance - snow, sun, and they couldn’t find the guys for a long time... And even more so no one knew about the tests for radiation analysis carried out later at the insistence of L. Ivanov.
When studying criminal case №659, we, of course, drew attention to the fact that the table of contents said that there was a radiation examination, but it was not in the case itself. There was a laconic inscription in the corner of sheet №369: "Case sheets 370-378 are removed and stored as irrelevant in a special sector of the regional prosecutor's office 10.VII.59 Prosecutor criminalist Ivanov (signature)." From a special sector these nine sheets have already migrated into an envelope glued to a cardboard cover, where they were stored along with a dozen faded photographs. Why was the examination seized and what made the investigator do it at all? Partly the answer is in the content of the examination.
Where did the radiation come from?
"Samples of solid biosubstrates and clothes... were submitted to the radio-isotope laboratory of the Sverdlovsk Sanitary epidemiological station and were analyzed for presence of radioactive materials. Preliminary dosimetric measurements were taken from the clothes that showed excessive radioactivity over the natural background. Further investigation allowed maximum contamination to be established on different areas of the clothing:
  1. Brown sweater - 9900 cpm on 150 cm2 (5200 after washing)
  2. Bottom part of pants - 5000 cpm on 150 cm2 (2600 after washing)
  3. Belt of sweater - 5600 cpm on 150 cm2 (2600 after washing)
Experimental washing of the clothes showed that the pollution is reduced, the percentage of decreasing varies from 30% to 60% (clothes were washed in running cold water for 3 hours). When determining the type of radiation, it is established that the activity takes place due to beta particles. Alpha particles and gamma quanta were not detected. The absence of appropriate instruments and conditions in the laboratory made it impossible to perform radiochemical and spectrometric analysis to determine the chemical structure of the emitter and its radiation energy.".
Clothing and tissue from Kolevatov, Zolotaryov, Thibeaux-Brignolle and Dubinina were examined. "Expert conclusions:
  1. The content of radioactive materials in analyzed solid biosubstartes is within the natural level (and is due to the presence of isotope K-40).
  2. The analyzed samples of clothing carry slightly excessive amounts of radioactive substances being the source of Beta-emission.
  3. The detected radioactive materials or radioactive substance show a tendency to washing-off in the course of clothing samples washing, i.e., they are not due to a neutron flux or induced radiation, but rather to radioactive contamination with Beta-particles.
Chief radiologist of the city of Levashov.
The studies were performed in the radiological laboratory from 18/V-59 to 25/V-59."
Needless to say, the examination revealed a very unexpected and alarming fact. But, for example, for some time, far from the problems of radiology (though they unceremoniously invade our lives - but somehow I didn’t have to ...), it’s completely incomprehensible: beta radiation is worse than alpha or gamma radiation? 9900 decays per minute on a sweater - how bad it is? Is it worth treating a person or is it too late? The investigator, apparently, also also troubled by these questions. In addition, he tried to grasp the connection between radioactivity and the injuries of the last four found. Hence, in the case, the expert’s additional interrogation:
"Question: Should there be (can it be) increased contamination of clothing with radioactive substances under normal conditions, i.e. without being in a radioactively contaminated environment or place?
Answer: Definitely not.
Question: Was there any contamination of the objects you are researching?
Answer: The brown sweater at the time of the study had 9900 beta-particles decays per minute at 150 cm2, and after washing (for 3 hours in our room), he gave 5200 decays per minute of beta particles with 150 cm2. According to the sanitary rules that exist in our country, the contamination in beta particles from 150 cm2 per minute should not exceed 5000 decays per minute, and after cleaning (washing) there should be only the natural background. This is the norm for workers with radioactive substances (for residential areas is much lower - S.B.).
Question: Is it possible to consider that this clothing is contaminated with radioactive dust?
Answer: Yes, clothes are contaminated or radioactive dust dropped from the atmosphere, or this garment has been exposed to contamination when working with radioactive substances, or on contact. This pollution exceeds, as I have already indicated, the norm for persons working with radioactive substances.
Question: What do you think, what could be the degree of contamination of individual objects, if you take into account that prior to research they had been in the running water for about 15 days?
Answer: It can be assumed that the contamination of individual garments was many times greater, but here one must take into account that clothes could be washed unevenly..."
Where did the radioactive dust come from on the clothes of four hikers? The case file does not answer this question. It is most logical to assume that tests of new military equipment with nuclear weapons were involved. Recall that ten years ago an atomic bomb was created in the USSR. The Cold War is in full swing and there is enhanced nuclear weapons on both sides. Under such conditions, such tests are a perfectly anticipated. However, judging by the publications of recent years, such test were carried out in the south - near Semipalatinsk - and in the north - on Novaya Zemlya. The northern training ground, of course, could be related to the Ivdel tragedy. But according to the recently published reports "Radiation. Doses, Effects, Risk", precisely in 1958 and the beginning of 1959 the peak of nuclear weapons tests in the atmosphere all over the world falls.
"Inside, a star caught fire..."
Here are some documents from the investigation: "To the Chief of the Ivdel Police Station 17. II. 59, 6 h. 50 m. local time in the sky appeared not unnatural phenomenon. Moving star with a tail. The tail looked like dense cirrus clouds. Then the star was freed from the tail, became brighter than the stars and flew away. It gradually began to swell, forming a large ball, enveloped in a haze. Then inside this ball the star caught fire, from which first a crescent was formed, then a small ball formed, not so bright. The big ball gradually began to fade, became like a blurry spot. At 7 h. 05 m. it disappeared altogether. A star moved from the south to the northeast. Meteorological technician Tokareva"
Another report: "On February 17, 1959, at 6.40 am, while on duty, I watched a bright white ball appear from the south, periodically enveloped in fog, inside - a bright dot - star. It moved north, it was visible for 8-10 minutes. Serviceman A. Savkin". Same observation was reported by Novikov, Avenburg, Malik.
Another fireball was seen on March 31 same year, but they saw something similar on the night of the death of the group, that is, from the first to the second of February, students-hikers of the geological faculty of the pedagogical institute. Then there are G. Atamanaki’s testimonies about the light ball over Otorten on February 1. Along with testimonies, the investigator filed a clipping from the Tagil Worker about the same white balls. There was a reason why he collected this data, carried out the radiation examinations. However, in the final resolution, which has already been cited, these searches were not reflected in any way. Moreover, an interesting detail was revealed. In the case file, either due to oversight, or according to the procedures of that time, the first, apparently, version of the decision to dismiss the case was filed, and there was a paragraph in it about the presence of radioactive contamination of hikers' clothes and that none of them was in contact with radioactive substances at his work or study. The date is May 28, but there are no signatures, the entire resolution, sheet by sheet, is crossed out crosswise with a blue pencil. There is nothing about about fireballs or radiation in the the final resolution. Only an overwhelming force - that's it.
On a business trip to Kostanay, I find out quite by accident that S. Lukin, whose signature is under the resolution to close the case, is alive and well and now works as a legal adviser in the Sverdlovsk city executive committee. I call:
- Stepan Petrovich, do you remember the Ivdel case of the death of hikers in 1959?
- Oh, of course. But I can hardly help you, Ivanov was leading, I only represented the leadership of the investigative department of the prosecutor's office. You better ask him yourself, he is currently working in the advocacy, in Kostanay...
Needless to say, after a few days I was already in Kostanay, and we spent the whole evening talking late with Lev Nikitich about this still mysterious case. He got straight to the point:
- I have my own explanation for what happened. You can put in the headline, "The forensic prosecutor believes that UFO killed the hikers!"...
- Is that what you think now, when the UFO theme is open and in fashion, or did you think so in 1959? In fact, this is not directly stated, except for a series of testimonies about light balls and a note about them from the "Tagil Worker".
- Then I assumed it, and now I am sure. I can’t pretend to say what kind of balls they are — whether they are weapons, aliens or something else, but I’m sure that this is directly related to the deaths of the hikers.
- But how do you imagine it? The pilots, geologists who traveled and flew these lands, they all say that there are no signs of an explosion near Otorten and the surrounding area.
- It wasn't in the usual sense an explosion of a shell or a bomb. It was different, as if a balloon had burst. The fact, that at the edge of the forest, where the hikers so hastily ran away from the tent, the tree branches were as if singed. Not burnt, not broken, but singed. I suppose it all happened like this: the guys had dinner and went to bed. One of them came out of natural need (there were traces) and saw something that made everyone leave the tent and run down. I think it was a light ball. It caught up with them, or it happened by chance, at the edge of the forest. Explosion! Three get severe injuries. The case must contain the testimony of the forensic expert Vozrozhdenny. In his opinion, it was something like a strong shock wave or blast, as in a car accident. Well, then ... The struggle for survival has begun. You know, thirty years have passed, I’ve seen all sorts of cases in my practice as a prosecutor’s, but I can’t forget this case. I have never met a more vivid manifestation of courage, such a fierce struggle for their own and their comrades' lifes. But force breaks strength... I don’t remember the names, unfortunately. Two who were found under the cedar... They tried to light a fire, climbed onto the cedar for twigs, and scraps of their skin and muscles remained on its bark... Their comrade, who was lagging behind due to illness, helped a lot. Yudin, if I remember. He knew who was dressed in what, and helped establish who ended up wearing what. All clothes were mixed up. They stripped the dead to save the living. I’m guilty, I’m very guilty before the guys’ relatives - I didn’t allow them to the bodies. Well, it would not be easy for them to endure this. I only made an exception for Lyuda Dubinina's father - I set ajar the lid of the coffin to show that his daughter is dressed properly. He lost consciousness. I insisted and carefully monitored that they were all decently clothed according to the Christian custom. I have one excuse - I was under orders.
The first secretary then was Kirilenko, but he did not interfere in the case. Eshtokin, the second secretary, "supervised" me. Several times during the investigation he called me to the regional committee. Listened to reports, gave instructions. Game, of course, by today's standards. But now it's easy to judge, and then... I didn't even have any doubts about the legitimacy of his intervention. then everything was done that way. They said and they meant it: "You are a communist!" And so the investigation was terminated. I did not work out the version about the light balls. I only managed to conduct a radiation examination. Even had to carry on location a device in a large wooden box.
- Geiger counter?
- Yes, it looks like it. It was clicking a lot... I am sure there was radiation. But nobody told me how much, and I didn't found out.
- Lev Nikitich, and you did not send requests - to the military, scientists?
- What are you talking about, what requests... and in such a situation surrounding the case. No, I didn't send anything.
- Who and why classified the case?
- I did it myself, I withdrew the radiation test report. I was told to "remove everything that is irrelevant".
The meeting with investigator L. Ivanov clarified a lot, of course. For example, it became clear why the investigation was so quick and strange. But one circumstance still remains a mystery - where did the radiation on the clothes of the three come from?
"Guest" from Novaya Zemlya?
There are several options, generally speaking. First, was the whole area infected there? Remember, the Geiger counter literally screamed at Ivanov. Unfortunately, only the clothes of three were subjected to examination. It is possible that it was contaminated on others too. The appearance of radioactivity in these remote lands, by the way, is quite likely. As it is now known, a nuclear test site on Novaya Zemlya has existed since 1954, and from Otorten to Novaya Zemlya there are about one and a half thousand kilometers. A trifle for a radioactive cloud. Chernobyl, for example, having drifted through Eastern Europe, returned to the country and even affected the Urals at the edge. Kyshtym was smaller, but it was strong enough make a corridor through three regions - Chelyabinsk, Sverdlovsk and Tyumen. This version of the appearance of radioactivity is one of the most likely, according to radiologists at the regional sanitary and epidemiological station V. Zabolotskih and V. Semenov. They carefully read the examination data and shared the following considerations:
  1. Most likely, this is from Novaya Zemlya. Then it’s easy to check whether it is enough to take samples of the earth, water, maybe even core samples from the trees. Surely traces remained. But there is no evidence of the presence of radiation ever in these parts. Who collected them then anyway, and later too?
  2. It is unfortunate that then, in 1959, it was not possible to establish which isotope was found on the clothes of the hikers. That would clarify a lot. In the conclusion it is said that is detected beta radiation. But, most likely, the whole spectrum of alpha, beta and gamma radiation was in there. After all, the Geiger counter recorded the presence of radiation as such, but analize what type was impossible to do on the spot. Only in the laboratory it was found that this is beta radiation, which in its pure form, as a rule, does not happen. It’s just easier to measure it. Apparently, the source could be isotopes of phosphorus, tritium, strontium. The latter, by the way, is interesting in that it is used in power supplies. There are such strontium power supplies. In those years, they were quite widely used at automatic weather stations. Perhaps somewhere a battery of this type was damaged or lost, and strontium somehow got into these area. This variant of contamination is possible, but unlikely. The power of such batteries and the dose on the clothing are not correlated. Let me remind you that the highest level is 9900 decays per minute, double the sanitary norm for workers with radioactive materials, but the clothes on the dead bodies were washed with running water for at least 15 days. Ivanov, by the way, believed that it was even more — he called this figure in the interrogation of radiologist Levashov approximately. It is difficult to say what was the initial dose, but it is obviously much higher.
  3. Another, but unlikely assumption. The fact is that in those years there was a theory that radioactive substances can be used as weapons of mass destruction. Maybe some failed trials, if not in the Northern Urals, then on the same Novaya Zemlya?
  4. The hypothesis of an atomic explosion in the vicinity of Otorten does not stand up to criticism - people would have seen and heard the explosion itself, and even more so you cannot hide its traces. Then I asked the radiologists - could the radiation found on the clothes not have a natural origin from isotopes, but an artificial one, say, from some installation? Radiologists shrugged - unlikely. Now, if you somehow get a powerful neutron flux ... But it seemed like there was no synchrophasotron near anywhere... True, a plasma variant is possible, but in any case a terrible amount of energy is needed. Yes, and with plasma there is still a lot of obscurity. But the most important thing, and the examination confirms it, there is radioactive contamination on clothing, and there is no induced radiation, that is, resulting from a powerful neutron flux. The simplest proof is that the radioactive dirt was washed away... And then I told them about the light balls. “Maybe,” they answered without enthusiasm, “but everything looks so painfully “fantastic". It would be nice to take samples...”
Was there a flash?
Recently I had to meet with several specialists in the field of radiology. Each time I started the topic of the relation between the light balls, the deaths of the hikers and the radiation on their clothes. Nevertheless, the isotopic origin of radioactivity seemed more real to everyone. But the director of the special enterprise for the disposal of radioactive substances "Radon" N. Chemeris offered a very interesting turn: "Beta radiation, beta radiation. You know, if after all there was an explosion of something and beta radiation - and strong, then the guys could go blind. Was their skin burned? Did the medical examiner pay attention to their eyes?" Once again, I discussed this point with radiologists. Of course, radioactive radiation could affect the eyes - like the whole body, but the dose for such damage would not go unnoticed by experts: medical and radiological. Most likely, the radioactive contamination did not at all relate to the circumstances of their death. Random coincidence. But finally this can be confirmed only after studying samples from this place and the area.
- Could these light balls be something like a ball lightning that exploded and...
- It could be anything. We are judging from the perspective of what we know, we are trying to stick a new phenomenon into the Procrustean bed of existing knowledge and ideas. But maybe this ball lightning wouldn't be enough.
We only assume its plasma nature, because it is a lot, but it does not explain everything ... Indeed, what if they were blinded? If not from an atomic explosion, then from a flash of unknown origin? This then explains a lot - why they could not return to the tent, for example. Or to light a fire properly. Or why they tried to cut the same branch for a fire in several places. Many of their meaningless actions, which were previously explained by shock, cold, and a blizzard, can also be explained. This is why the researchers couldn't agree on one picture of what happened. But there is nothing about this in the forensic examination report. Moreover, apparently, they suffered from the explosion to varying degrees, since Kolmogorova, Slobodin and Dyatlov started to the tent, however, for some reason separately. There are still many such unanswered "why" in this story. (Well, for example, why the bodies of the last four hikers were not found in the den nearby?) Ivanov’s version is attractive in that it gives more or less distinct answers to the main questions: what scared them, where did the radiation come from, how were three hikers injured? But frankly, not everything fits in. I am far from fashionable thoughts about the alien origin of this UFO, rather, a phenomenon simply unknown to science and researchers. For me personally the interest in the subject started from the story of one of the most respected UFO scientists V. Listratov from the Institute of High Temperature Physics, who told the newspaper about his encounter with a strange UFO. I contacted him in relation to Ivanov's speculations.
I asked for help, to clarify two points through his channels: the degree of probability of military involvement in this tragedy, and, secondly, did he encounter in his practice that UFOs left a radioactive trace? The answer was negative on both accounts. But I remain a supporter of Ivanov’s theory. The fact is that in the case files and in general, there are confirmed sightings of light balls or fireballs flying at that time and in that place. The geologist Y. Ilyashin, who called us, said that he had seen such light balls in those places more than once in the Northern Urals. They are also called tori (ed. - plural of torus). Тhe description of the effect is practically one to one as set out in the case. One more evidence. Several years ago, in the village of Polunochnoe near Ivdel, I had the opportunity to meet an interesting person - a member of the Geographical Society of the USSR, a great lover and explorer of nature O. Strauh. For many years he has been researching, and, of course, I turned to him with a request. And here is what he answered me, citing data from his diaries:
"31.III.1959 4:10 a.m., the following phenomenon was observed: a spherical luminous body passed rather quickly from the southwest to the northeast over the village. The luminous disk almost the size of a full moon, bluish-white, was surrounded by a large bluish halo. At times, this halo flashed brightly, resembling flashes of distant lightning. When the body disappeared beyond the horizon, the sky in this place was illuminated for several minutes. A similar phenomenon was observed by the residents of the Polunochnoe on 17.II.1959 at 7:10 a.m. After the luminous body remained a trace in the form of a haze... 02/16/1979 at 8:15 p.m. in the north-west, a bright bluish-white flash appeared on the horizon, it turned into a rapidly growing circle of blinding light, which then stretched into an ellipse. In the center of the flash appeared a purple-smoky ball the size of a full moon, quickly rose upward and melted before reaching the zenith. The light spot-ellipse scattered into segments, like slices of orange, and gradually faded away, leaving a faintly luminous trace in the sky. Everything lasted 6-10 minutes, after which it all faded away... Eyewitnesses spoke of similar phenomena in other years, but they were not written down. Objects of a different type flying over the village were obviously missiles, and I did not mark them..."
In favor of the "rocket" version
There are two other reports in favor of the rocket theory. First one is form from A. Epanechnikov at the same village of Polunochnoe . He said that he had found a metal (duralumin) fragment of "obviously rocket origin" in the upper reaches of the Khozya river, near the place of death of the hikers. He even sent a sketch, since he threw out this fragment as garbage. In the drawing is a piece of duralumin with rows of square recesses. Later from the village of Polunochnoe came a whole parcel with almost the same pieces of duralumin from same area. Maybe this is really a fragment of a rocket or other aircraft. To find this fragment in a pile of scrap metal is not surprising, but to find it the upper reaches of the Khozya River? When and how it got there, whether it is related to the death of the group is unknown. V. Korotaev, an investigator for particularly important cases , who then worked in Ivdel’s prosecutor’s office in 1959, said that he had also taken part in the investigation before the investigator arrived from Sverdlovsk. In particular, he interviewed local residents. As a lawyer, he was very surprised by the quick investigation deadlines - March, April, May - while such a case required a more detailed and lengthy investigation. In addition, no one came back to this case, but they should have at least looked at these places, and in the summer, perhaps, there would be some traces.
Mansi S. Kurikov, who took part in the search, told Korotaev that he had found some strange piece of iron in those places shortly after the tragedy, but they could not find it when he and Korotaev went on a semi-legal expedition by helicopter to look for it. Thus, the rocket version also has a right to exist and is not fully developed. Something could well have flown from Novaya Zemlya, or even from the south of the country, where they were testing. Indeed, only now we will find out that the formation of our strategic missile forces was not so flawless. It is enough to recall the circumstances of the death of Marshal Nedelin and many other people during one of the unsuccessful launches. But there is no way the military will openly admit to anything. We must give them their due - they took an active and selfless part in the search for the dead. I must say that the rumors about the involvement of tests of some new weapons in the deaths of the group were founded. Knowing all the newly discovered circumstances in connection with the declassification of the criminal case, Aleksey Koskin collected clippings from military magazines, “trying on” various types of weapons for the Ivdel tragedy. It is a very interesting selection. It is, of course, about foreign examples. Military parity is achieved mainly through parallel scientific developments. And tests, of course. Ammunition volumetric explosion. Sometimes they are called fuel-air, overpressure, vacuum. A volume explosion is understood to mean the explosion of a pre-formed cloud of a finely dispersed combustible mixture capable of detonation.
If the test are conducted in the dark, there is a bright flash, and then a powerful shock wave. Among the damaging factors of a volume explosion, experts also include high temperatures, oxygen burnout in the explosion area and the formation of highly toxic combustion products, hence the nature of the injuries. Incendiary weapons. The principle of its action is an incendiary substance is sprayed at the target and burns in the air, forming a fireball. It can be shells, grenades and bombs. Temperature up to 2400 degrees Celsius. (We already talked about luminous balls). Cruise missiles. In the late 1950s, an air-to-ground cruise missile was developed. But they were not widespread, since then there were no effective guidance systems. This means that the missiles could well have flown away completely not where they were headed.
Another interesting point. In the book of V. Gubarev "Utro kosmosa. Korolev i Gagarin."(en. "The morning of space/The dawn of space. Korolev and Gagarin.") (Molodaya Gvardiya, 1984) mentions in passing such an episode. Korolev was approached for data on the study of sodium clouds. These clouds were launched from missiles to study the movement of air masses for their possible influence on the trajectory of the missiles. As it turns out during the conversation, these tests were kept a secret for some reason. The sodium clouds mentioned also glowed. Korolev remembered the report of the meteorologist observing an unusual phenomenon (the report of the meteorologist Tokareva) and concluded that is not relevant ... I think, sodium clouds are unlikely to be related to this story - the speed is not comparable.
Twisted pines
There is another interesting version. Sverdlovsk resident V. Sergeev writes about it: “According to rumors and stories of Mansi hunters, there are very strong winds in the areas of the Otorten and Chistop mountains, accompanied by fantastic sounds. In the summer of 1966, I saw a strange picture in the forest: pine trees twisted into several pieces, uprooted and scattered in the woods. The guide explained to me that recently a strange roar was heard here, similar to the roar of a giant furious bull. It pulled them out of the ground and dropped them back nearby. If people happen to be in this outbreak..." The version is worthy of attention, as it explains the origin of the injuries. Plus the assumption that the hikers got radioactive contamination from Novaya Zemlya, as well as the whole area. The problem with this theory is that there were no apparent traces of violent activity of the elements in this place. And here is something else on this subject, almost from the realm of the mystical. There is such a book - A.K. Matveev, "The Tops of the Stone Ridge. The Names of the Mountains of the Urals", page 129: "Kholat-Syakhl, a mountain (1079 m) on a watershed ridge between the upper reaches of Lozva and its tributary Auspiya 15 km south-east from Otorten. In Mansi "Kholat" is"dead ", that is, Kholat-Syakhl is a mountain of the dead. There is the legend that nine Mansi once died on this peak, is sometimes added that it happened during the flood, according to another version hot water flooded everything except the place on top of the mountain, enough for a person to lie down to a person. But the Mansi, who took refuge here, died anyway, hence the name of the mountain...
Sergeev says he have climbed Kholat-Syakhl more than once, and he has to admit that there is no more severe and gloomy mountain in this part of the Northern Urals... "I must say that the hasty investigation and the secretion of its results under pressure from the party authorities played a bad role in all this story. As usual, the lack of information was compensated with wide variety of rumors. An unconditional priority among them belonged to the version about the testing of a new neutron, vacuum, psychic... unknown and terrible weapon ... Well, for example, such a story that reached us through third parties (or language?). As you know, the military helped to find the guys. А young lieutenant with a group of soldiers set тхеир tent near the last campsite of Dyatlov group. One night the attendant woke him up, and together they watched as a white luminous ball was approaching them. The closer it came, the more deadly horror gripped their souls. He felt like fleeing. But the lieutenant was ambitious and did not want to lose face in the eyes of his soldiers... In the end, the ball lost interest in them and retired about its business. In a word, there is no shortage of hypotheses and assumptions, and all this represented an extensive field of activity for an inquisitive researcher, but a tragedy occurred - nine young people in their prime died. I happened to see photos from the funeral of the guys. I was struck by some stern determination on people's faces. Yes, grief is infinite, sorrow, but fists are clenched, stare is hard. The atmosphere, according to eyewitnesses, was very tense. Rumors circulated around the city, one worse than the other. Parents, students demanded an answer - what happened to the guys? Angry letters were sent to the prosecutor's office, the regional party committee, to Moscow, to Khrushchev. Troublemakers were appeased through party committees at various levels. They say that there were summons in the KGB too. The fact that they were trying to "smooth out some wrinkles" intensified passions even more, it meant that not everything is clean here. That is why they were not allowed to carry the coffins along the central streets, and they carried them to the Mikhailovsky cemetery along side streets. Some of them were buried in closed coffins.
There were many people, there were many police. There is a reason for this - people thought. In the UPI sports club they remember Dyatlov group. A memorial plaque is installed on the pass where they died. The pass is named after the leader - Dyatlov. Whatever the reason for the death of the guys, one thing is certain - they took a rare battle with unknown force and showed immense courage. They have become a legend. And it is all the more insulting and painful to see the monument in the Mikhaylovskoe cemetery falling apart. Often unknown bastards knock down, break off stars from monuments. The hikers are not spared either ... Of course, we are not trying to claim any truth with these notes. It is somewhere deeper than we were digging. The goal is different - maybe, if this whole story has an earthly, completely explainable, but secret basis, then those who have a relation to it will respond. After retirement, it is known that people become much bolder. If Ivdel’s tragedy has nothing to do with military secrets, then undoubtedly all newly discovered facts are of interest to science and researchers. For myself I have the task to visit this summer or autumn the altitude of 1079 and take samples.

Further reads:

0IvYB5o.jpg

Mystery of the fireballs
Lev Ivanov, "Leninskiy Put", Kustanay, 22 and 24 November 1990
We are beginning to get used to the fact that some newspapers, in the pursuit of sensation, often publish unverified, or even completely inaccurate information. I was interested in the publication in the Leninsky Put about UFOs according to the American press (Leninskiy Put №210 from October 30, 1990). It was precisely the reliability that interested me, since they rightly write that the official authorities often ignore the obvious facts of the appearance of UFOs.
This is true. And I would like to tell you how this is done here. Thirty years ago, I myself had to officially deal with this problem, with the only difference that and in my case there were very tragic circumstances. Everything that I will tell you is confirmed by official documents stored today in a criminal case in the State Archives of the Sverdlovsk Region. For this reason, I will not change either the names of the characters or the dates of the incident. There will be no copyright speculation in my information, it was an absolutely documentary fact published thirty years later at the initiative of the editorial board of the Sverdlovsk newspaper "Uralskiy Rabochiy" in 1990.
One afternoon, in April this year, a telephone rang in my apartment. My interlocutor at the other end of the line, a correspondent for the newspaper Uralsky Rabochiy - Bogomolov, asked for permission to fly from Sverdlovsk to clarify the details of a delicate matter. I agreed. And so we sat in my apartment until midnight, and I answered questions about the affairs of long gone days.
What interested the public of Sverdlovsk?
The Ural Polytechnic Institute has a tourclub named after Igor Dyatlov, who died in an expedition with a group of UPI students, and in Sverdlovsk at Mihailovsky cemetery, there is a monument to nine students of UPI who died in one of the expeditions to the Polar Urals in 1959. But no one knew the reason for the death of such a large group of hikers, because the dead were buried in closed coffins and there was no information on this case. Thirty years have passed since then. But students are persistent people, they continued to search. It turned out that Perestroika also touched the special vaults, or simply put: in the vaults from top secret archives the clasified stamp was removed, including one criminal case that was investigated in 1959.
Students - members of the club got acquainted with the materials of this case and with the secret packages stored in the case, and were extremely perplexed, because the official version of the death of a group of tourists announced then had nothing to do with the data that they found in a declassified criminal case. Students began to look for people who knew anything about this incident, but could not find a single one. And then they correctly decided that it was necessary to look for a prosecutor or investigator who was investigating this case.
In his book "Confession on a given topic", B. N. Yeltsin writes that even after graduating from the institute in 1956 he often went on hiking trips with his comrades. At that time, about which Boris Nikolaevich writes, difficult trips to the Subpolar Urals, or as they were classified, of the highest (third) category of difficulty, were a favorite form of youth entertainment - they brought up courage, valor, a sense of friendship, up to self-sacrifice. That was exactly the case.
At the end of January 1959, a group of hikers skiers from among the students and graduates of the UPI (two girls and seven men) went on a hike declared as a hike of category 3 difficulty in order to traverse the peaks (to go along them) of the Polar Urals with ascend to Mount Otorten , which is located north of Ivdel, in the upper sources of Auspiya river, a tributary of Lozva.
In conditions of very complicated meteorological conditions (blizzard, severe frost), skiers were late with climbing the mountain, but nevertheless, despite adverse weather and dying daylight, they decided to end the ascent, pitch a tent and spend the night at the slope, and in the morning to continue to the summit.
When the tent was pitched and the hikers went in for the night, some force threw them all barely clad out of the tent and scattered around the valley. All hikers died.
With the help of sappers and student volunteers, with the assistance of Ural Air Force aviation, from February to May they searched for the dead. They were found at different times in a radius of one and a half kilometers from the place of their last campsite, transported to Sverdlovsk and buried here. That's all that was known to relatives and the public of Sverdlovsk. Everyone was told that hikers were in an extreme situation and froze.
However, that was not true. The true causes of the deaths were hidden from the people, and only a few knew these reasons: the former first secretary of the regional committee A. P. Kirilenko, the second secretary of the regional committee A. F. Eshtokin, the regional prosecutor N. I. Klimov and the author of these lines, who were investigating the case. Today, neither Kirilenko, nor Eshtokn, nor Klimov are alive.
Events developed as follows. On January 31, 1959, a group of hikers led by experienced leader Igor Dyatlov, having set up labaz (cache - ed. note) for food supplies in the valley of Auspiya river, began climbing to the top of Otorten. According to the route schedule, Dyatlov should have arrived at a checkpoint in the village of Vizhay on February 12 and send a telegram to the Sverdlovsk Sports Committee about the end of the trip. But the group didn't show up ate the expected deadline in Vizhay. There was a tenth hiker that returned in Vizhay from the trek earlier due to illness, and he was the one who set off the alarm. *
* Yudin didn't raise any alarm, Blinov did. Organization of the Search (case files p. 36)
The Executive Committee of the Regional Council immediately created a rescue group with the participation of sapper soldiers and aviation, as well as volunteer hikers. The general leadership was led by the master of sports in hiking, E. P. Maslennikov, and the investigation was entrusted to me. We flew by air to Ivdel, and from there by military helicopters to the taiga. We were provided with experienced rangers of the forced labor camp (Ivdellag) and Mansi hunters.
As a criminal prosecutor, I had to join the investigation or lead the investigation in the most complex cases. Apparently, this circumstance, as well as the past front-line service in the airborne troops, played the main role. So I ended up in an impenetrable Ural taiga in a tarpaulin tent in the most severe winter time from February to May.
I do not set as my goal to talk about how the search went, how the investigation went. All this is extremely interesting and instructive, but the newspaper area is not unlimited. To some extent, of course, with great speculation and fiction, this is described in the book of the participant of our expedition Boris Yarovoy, "The Highest Degree of Difficulty," which was published 20 years ago in Sverdlovsk. I just want, as promised at the beginning of the article, to talk about mysterious phenomena that occasionally appear on planet Earth and which no one can still explain.
When we landed in the taiga, and then went skiing to Mt Otorten, we literally found and dug up the hikers tent covered with snow at the very top.
Inspection of the tent showed that the outer clothing of the hikers - jackets and trousers - remained intact inside; as well as backpacks with all their belongings. It is known that hikers, even in winter, set for a night in a tent, take off their outer clothing. Incidentally, we did this in our tent, although the temperature in it never rose above minus four degrees.
The presence of all clothes and literally all belongings in the tent, including diaries, cameras, products, indicated that people left the tent suddenly. Later, I established that the two long cuts on the tent through which people flee were made with a knife from the inside.
There was not a single drop of blood in or near the tent, which indicated that all the hikers left the tent without bodily harm. The latter circumstance will be very important in the future.
From the tent, from the mountain to the valley, sometimes there were eight, sometimes nine tracks of footprints. In mountains with supercooled snow, traces are not visible, but rather look like columns, since the footprints are compacted under the snow, and are blown around the track. The presence of nine sets of footprints confirmed that all the hikers walked on their own, nobody carried anyone. But then a mystery happened. One and a half kilometers from the tent, in the river valley, near the old cedar, the hikers after fleeing from the tent, made a fire and here they began to die one by one.
Based on the developed films shot by the hikers before the night, taking into account the density of negatives, the sensitivity of the film (since the containers were preserved), the aperture settings and shutter speed on the cameras, I managed to "tie" the frames with the time of shooting and get more information, but this did not answer the main question: what was the reason for the flight of the hikers from the tent.
When investigating cases, no detail is small: investigators have the motto: attention to little things! Near the tent, a natural trace was discovered that one man went out to relief himslef. He came out barefoot, in woolen socks only ("for a moment"). Then this trace of shoeless feet is traced down into the valley.
There was every reason to build the version that it was this person who raised the alarm and he himself did not have time to put on shoes. So, there was some terrible force that not only frightened him, but all the others, forcing them to leave the tent in emergency and seek refuge below, in the taiga. To find this force or at least get closer to it was the task of my investigation.
February 26, 1959 below, at the edge of the taiga, we found the remains of a small fire and here we found the bodies of the hikers Doroshenko and Krivonischenko naked to underwear. Then, in the direction of the tent, the body of Igor Dyatlov was discovered, not far from him two more - Slobodin and Kolmogorova. Without detailing, I will say that the last three were the most physically strong and strong-willed personalities, they crawled from the campfire to the tent for clothes - this was quite obvious from their positions. A subsequent autopsy showed that these three courageous people died from hypothermia - they froze, although they were better dressed than the others.
Already in May, near where was the fire, under a five-meter layer of snow, we found the dead Dubinina, Zolotaryov, Thibeaux-Brignolle and Kolevatov. On external examination of their bodies there were no injuries. The sensation came later when in the Sverdlovsk morgue, we performed an autopsy of these corpses. Dubinina, Thibeaux-Brignolle and Zolotaryov had extensive, completely incompatible with life physical injuries. For Lyuda Dubinina, for example, 2, 3, 4, 5 ribs were broken on the right and 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 on the left. One fragment of the rib even penetrated the heart. On Zolotaryov 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ribs were broken. And all this without visible external injuries. Such damage usually happens when a person is struck with a large force, for example, by car at high speed. But such damage cannot be obtained from falling from a height of one's own body. In the vicinity of Mt Otorten and the surrounding area there were boulders and stones of various configurations covered with snow, but they were not in the way of the hikers (remember there were footprints), and of course these stones were not thrown at the hikers. There were no external bruises. Consequently, there was a directed force that selectively acted on individuals, excluding others. True, there were some circumstances about which I want to say.
When already in May we examined the scene of the incident with E. Maslennikov** we found that some young trees on the forest tree line have traces of burning, but they are not in concentric shape or any other system. There was no epicenter. This once again confirmed a source of heat ray or completely unknown to us energy acting selectively - the snow was not melted, the trees were not damaged. It seemed like when the hikers walked on their feet more than five hundred meters down from the mountain, someone dealt with some of them as direct targets.
* * Maslennikov came back from the pass in March. Maslennikov 2nd notebook
He was not part of the search in May as Ivanov claims.
Now there is much talk about the 50s, only to place responsibility for the past on someone. In that period of time there was strict, I would say, unconditional discipline, especially in the work of law enforcement agencies. There was no Beria, but his legacy was alive, and just now we are barely parting with it.
When, together with the regional prosecutor, I reported the initial data to the first secretary of the regional party committee, L. P. Kirilenko, he gave a clear command - all the work should be classified and not a single word of information should be leaked. Kirilenko ordered the hikers to be buried in closed coffins and the relatives to be told that they died from hypothermia.
Khrushchev was informed about the event at the very beginning, and the latter, as it is known from the publication of one of the participants in the search party, the correspondent of the newspaper, spoke out against any reports on this issue, until all the hikers were found and full investigation is carried out. And when they found the rest of the bodies and revealed such details about which I spoke above, now Kirilenko did not inform Khrushchev. And the matter on such a high level died out by itself. All appeals of relatives were swept under the rug. Such was the order in the country then, and it wasn't up to us to change it.
The fact is that when the investigation was underway, a tiny note appeared in the Tagil Worker newspaper, during the period when the students were on Mt Otorten, a fireball was seen in the sky of Nizhniy Tagil, or, as they say now, an unidentified flying object. This luminous object moved silently towards the northern peaks of the Ural Mountains. The author of the article asked: what could it be? For the publication of such a note, the editor of the newspaper was penalized, and I suggested that the regional committee doesn't take this topic any further. The second secretary of the regional party committee A. F. Yestokin took control over my investigation.
At that time, we still knew very little about unidentified flying objects, we did not know about radiation either. The ban on these topics was caused by the possibility of even accidentally deciphering information about missile and nuclear technology, the development of which at that time was really just beginning, and in the world there were times called the "Cold War".
But I couldn't just drop the investigation, I’m a professional criminalist and I have to find a clue. I nevertheless decided, despite the ban, to continue working on this case maintaining the highest degree of secrecy, because other versions, including criminal intend, animals attacks, a fall during a hurricane, etc., were excluded by the evidence.
It was clear to me in what sequence did they die - all this from thorough study of the bodies, the clothes, other data. All that remained was the sky and its contents - energy unknown to us, which turned out to be higher than human forces.
Having conspired with scientists of the UFAN (Ural branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences), I conducted very extensive research on clothes and individual organs of the deceased for "radiation". And for comparison, we took clothes and internal organs of people who died in car accidents or who died a natural death. The results were amazing. For non-experts, the results of the analysis will not say anything, and I will only say these: the brown sweater of one of the hikers who had bodily injuries - gave 9900 decays per minute, and after washing the sample - 5200 decays, that is, these data indicate the presence of radioactive "dust" which was washed away. I must say that before the discovery of these corpses, they were intensively washed by melting water under the snow - entire rivers flowed there. Consequently, the radiation "dust" contamination at the time of the death of the hikers was much higher.
As a prosecutor who at that time had to deal with some secret defense issues, I rejected the version of the atomic weapon test in this zone. It was then that I began to closely engage in "fireballs."
I interrogated many eyewitnesses of overflight, hovering and, quite simply, visits of unidentified flying objects in the Subpolar Urals. Incidentally, UFO's i.e. unidentified flying objects are often associated with aliens. I do not agree with this. UFOs need to be understood as unidentified flying objects, and only so. Many data suggest that these can be clots of energy that are not understood by modern people and unexplained by modern data of science and technology, affecting animate and inanimate nature encountered in their path. Apparently, we met with one of them.
Next I will quote from my interrogations and documents. I said above that they are stored in the archive. Technician meteorologist Tokareva - told me:
"On February 17 at 6 h. 50 m. local time in the sky appeared not unnatural phenomenon. Moving star with a tail. The tail looked like dense cirrus clouds. Then the star was freed from the tail, became brighter than the stars and flew away. It gradually began to swell, forming a large ball, enveloped in a haze. Then inside this ball the star caught fire, from which first a crescent was formed, then a small ball formed, not so bright. The big ball gradually began to fade, became like a blurry spot. At 7 h. 05 m. it disappeared altogether. A star moved from the south to the northeast."
Is it necessary to add to this that Tokareva’s observation of the sky was part of her professional duties. And that at this time the comet region did not visit the comet. This ball of fire was observed in the Ivdel region by serviceman A. Savkin, who was also questioned:
"On February 17, 1959, at 6:40 in the morning, while on duty on the south side, a ball of bright white light appeared that periodically enveloped in cloud white dense fog inside this cloud was a bright-luminous point the size of a star. Moving towards the north direction the ball was visible for 8-10 minutes."
It was already a matter of technology - to find other people who, at night in the evenings in January-February 1959, were not sleeping, but were on duty out in the open. Now it’s not a secret for anyone that Ivdel at that time it was a solid "archipelago" of camp sites forming Ivdellag, which was guarded around the clock.
The testimonies of Novikov, Avenburg, Malik were exactly the same. The same ball was seen on March 31. We saw a similar ball on the night of the death of the hikers, that is, from the first to the second of February, students-hikers of the Geological Faculty of the Pedagogical Institute. Witness G. Atamanaki - saw this ball over Otorten on the night of the 1st of February.
The study of the case now fully convinces, and even then I stuck to the version of the death of student hikers from exposure to an unknown flying object. Based on the evidence gathered, the role of UFOs in this tragedy was quite obvious. Correspondent Bogomolov, whom I gave an interview, in his publication claims that the criminal prosecutor Ivanov at that time clearly highlighted: the cause of the deaths was an unidentified object, although he encoded it in the final document with the words "force majeure". To the correspondent’s question, have I changed my view of the causes of death of the hikers over these thirty years, I replied that I only changed my view of the impact technique. If earlier I believed that the ball exploded, releasing completely unknown, but radioactive energy, now I believe that the action of the energy from the ball was selective, it was aimed only at three people.
When I reported to A. F. Yeshtokin about my findings - fireballs, radioactivity, he gave a completely categorical order: to classify everything, to seal everything up, to hand it over to the special unit and forget about it. Needless to say that all this was exactly done?
It may seem strange to the current reader: what was secret about this? But remember that just recently, before these events, the so-called radioactive "exhaust" occurred in Kyshtym. Now, much has been said about him, even in print, but no one would dare to say something like that at that time! But in the infection zone in the Kyshtym region, huge decontamination works were carried out, and, despite this, only a few knew about everything, and the onew that knew, were silent. Older people may recall what it was like: just recently launched an artificial Earth satellite, it announced trials of atomic and then hydrogen weapons (as it was called then), and many associated these mysterious phenomena, including unidentified flying objects with military tests, but investigative actions indicated that the case of Dyatlov group had nothing to do with military tests. Now that everyone knows everything about the testing ranges and methods of testing nuclear weapons, our version of the deaths that arose at that time has received even more confirmation.
So that the current generation does not judge us very strictly for our work, I’ll say that even today, when eyewitnesses are still alive, they don’t tell the whole truth.
I recently read in the central press that during the destruction of the reconnaissance plane Powers near Sverdlovsk, a Soviet aircraft led by pilot Safronov was also shot down. About this writes the former battery commander, who shot down both aircraft, then Major Voronov. But after all, about the fact that two aircraft were shot down, including ours, even then thousands of people knew. Thousands of people saw our fighter crash into the ground near the city of Degtyarsk, not far from Pervouralsk, but for thirty years our press has not written anything about this. Like many others, I saw how one missile went first, and then a second, how the shot down planes dispersed in different directions - one towards Sysert (Powers), the second - in the opposite direction towards Revda (our plane). But they published about this only after so many years.
For forty years of work in the prosecutor’s office, and most of this time I was allowed to use super-secret information, I still can’t understand why people had to lie?
I do not want to justify my actions to classify events with fireballs and the death of a large group of people. I asked the correspondent to publish my apologies to the relatives of the victims for distorting the truth, to hide the truth from them, and since there were no places for this in the four issues of the newspaper, I bring this publication to the families of the victims, especially to appologize to the relatives of Dubinina, Thibeaux-Brignolle and Zolotaryov. At one time, I tried to do everything I could, but at the time, as the lawyers say, there was an "irresistible force" in the country, it became possible to defeat it only now. And again about the fireballs. They were and still are. It is only necessary not to hush up their appearance, but to deeply understand their nature. The vast majority of teh witnesses that I met talk about the peaceful nature of their behavior, but, as you see, there are also tragic exceptions. Someone needed to frighten or punish people, or show their strength, and they did this, killing three people. I know all the details of this incident and I can say that only those who were in these balls know more about me than these circumstances. And whether there were "people" there and whether they are always there - no one knows yet.
In conclusion. What attracted young people to such dangerous expeditions? What power drove these people? Reading the story of B. I. Yeltsin about treks in the Northern Urals and comparing its current nature, I trace this direct connection: real people are formed in such extreme situations. Courage, valor, strenght, will, nobility - all this is the result of a long, from a young age, formation of character, nature. After all, when in February we came to the big cedar tree, near which the hikers tried to make a fire and carefully examined and compared everything, we were struck by the courage and stamina of the young people who fought for their lives and the lives of their comrades. Imagine a tree trunk 50-60 cm thick. Hikers took turns climbing this tree to break off branches for a fire (they made a fire). On the bark of the tree there were frozen (it’s scary to even say it!) their skin of their inner thighs and scraps of underwear. All this covered the cedar bark. During excavations in May, we found the corpses of Lyuda Dubinina and the others. They died first from terrible internal injuries, but they were not abandoned. They were carried away from the fire, carefully laid. Even the dead men themselves took care of the dead. This is how real people behave. We have something to take from the past, and how petty the behavior of other people now seems, who cannot even overcome ordinary difficulties.
But what about the astronauts of the fireballs? If they exist, then sooner or later they will manifest themselves, and circumstances will bring them to our civilization. I have no doubt about that.
BI7Q6Ts.jpg
"Leninskiy Put", Kustanay, №22 November 1990
qZ6wb6z.jpg
"Leninskiy Put", Kustanay, №24 November 1990
0IvYB5o.jpg
Frame from movie "Mystery of the mountain of the dead" (2013)

DJids4z.jpg

Interview with Stanislav Bogomolov
December 6, 2019
Interview with Stanislav Evgenievich Bogomolov, author of the article "Mystery of the fireballs", published in the "Uralskiy Rabochiy" (en. Ural Worker) in 1990 on July 8, 10, 11, and 12
  1. In your article at the very end, you write that you have done the analyzes. What are the results of these analyzes and where you can get acquainted with them, tell me, please. Here is a quote, the very ending:
    "For myself I have the task to visit this summer or autumn the altitude of 1079 and take samples."
    Answer
    "Yes, I went with a hiking group to Otorten in the autumn of that year, took cores from trees and soil samples, and handed them over to the radiological laboratory. No radiation was found, which is not surprising, because beta radiation was found on the clothes, it does not stay for a long time."
  2. Lev Ivanov in your article says that he brought Geiger counter to the pass. In personal communication with you, did Lev Ivanov tell you who told him, indicated or otherwise hinted to bring a Geiger counter to the pass and measure the level of radiation? Quote from your article:
    "I did not work out the version about the light balls. I only managed to conduct a radiation examination. Even had to carry on location a device in a large wooden box.
    - Geiger counter?
    - Yes, it looks like it. It was clicking a lot... I am sure there was radiation. But nobody told me how much, and I didn't found out."
    Answer
    "No, he did not say anything about why he decided to check their clothes for radiation. He changed the topic. Much later, almost this year, I learned from a lawyer, that another lawyer told him that Ivanov ordered this examination because he noticed how the hikers' clothes which lay on his floor in his office were glowing."
  3. Did Ivanov say anything that you didn't included in your article?
    Answer
    "No, I included everything he told me."
  4. Did you manage to familiarize yourself with the criminal case about the death of the Dyatlov group? If so, where and how? Share with us, please.
    Answer
    "Of course, I read the two volumes of the case files. It has been stored in the State Archives of the Sverdlovsk Region since 1974."
  5. Did the criminal case have a number?
    Answer
    "Honestly, I did not pay attention to it then, but it turned out to be important. Why - you can read my material on the site, which tells that the Prosecutor General's Office decided in the year of the 60th anniversary of the tragedy to check the circumstances of the deaths of group. They promised to tell the journalists first in October, then in November, and now in January."
  6. Были ли фотографии из морга в том уголовном деле и в каком количестве? Помните?
    Answer
    "There were no photos from the morgue."
  7. Did L. Ivanov say anything verbally to you about radiation and fireballs, which was not included in your article?
    Answer
    "No, I published everything he told me."
  8. Did L. Ivanov already have a ready manuscript for his article?
    Answer
    "He did not say anything about a manuscript, but he showed his book about this case. It was called something like "Under the influence of an irresistible elemental force". I leafed through, everything was according to the old version. I can assume that the newspaper men initiated this article. I found Ivanov through them. It seems that they did not know about this mysterious story."
  9. Does his manuscript match what was published in the newspaper, or was it editing or censored?
    Answer
    "I can't tell."
  10. Did L. Ivanov say anything about S. Zolotaryov and G. Krivonischenko? How did he describe them?
    Answer
    "He did not say anything in particular about Zolotaryov and Krivonischenko."
  11. Did L. Ivanov tell you what he saw on the pass: items, evidence, something that doesn't belong?
    Answer
    "There is enough information in the case files on this subject, he did not say anything about strange things, except for UFOs. A lot can be explained with UFOs. There are close to 70 theories of what happened. The prosecutor's office is checking the avalanche version, 9 examinations, including radiological, have been appointed. How exactly are they going to proceed is unclear."
  12. Where exactly was L. Ivanov at Otorten or at the height of "1079"?
    Answer
    "Ivanov, was at Mount 1079, of course, examined belongings and the tent, dragged the Geiger counter."
  13. Who did L. Ivanov inspect the tent with, some names? It leaked that there were 2 tents, one on Otorten, and the other on special assignment on 1079. Have you heard anything about this?
    Answer
    "There were a lot of people there. Searches continued until May. There was no mentioning of a second tent. This must be an assumptions of some publicists and writers."
  14. L. Ivanov said that the case was opened on February 6, were there any references to Korotaev?
    Answer
    "He did not mention Korotaev. But I met him too. We flipped through the case together, he was still surprised that some documents prepared by him are missing. And in the case there is a note that the sheets so-and-so are removed. We don't know where they are. At a press conference, prosecutors explained that they were seized in connection with secrecy - the testimony of an operative that Mansi saw a group of hikers. But this, as it turned out, was a different group in another place, and the operative could not be disclosed. But why the secrets now?"
  15. Did he talk about the injuries of Dyatlov, Kolmogorova, Slobodin, Krivonischenko, and the nature of the injuries? For example in the radiograms it says that Zina has a broken head.
    Answer
    "We hardly discussed injuries - everything is clear there. Medical examiner Vozrozhdenny says in his conclusion - injuries as from a powerful blast wave."
  16. Did L. Ivanov say that the Dyatlov group could have been sent on some mission? Was there any mention or hint that the group may include KGB full-time employees or KGB agents?
    Answer
    "There was no talk of this either. These versions appeared after my publication. We have many amateurs working the case even without involving the KGB. But the relatives, in particular, Dyatlov's sister recalled that were advised to look for the truth from the military."
  17. In your opinion, L. Ivanov knew the whole truth or just guessed?
    Answer
    "He knew something, of course, but not all. You quoted him - "nobody told me". The search participants recalled that in the midst of the investigation he was suddenly summoned to Sverdlovsk and when he came back he had a different internal perspective on the case."
  18. Why did L. Ivanov ask for forgiveness from the relatives of the dead hikers found in May 1959 in a stream, in particular from the Dubinins, Thibault-Brignoles and Zolotorevs? What is your opinion on this matter?
    Answer
    "For not completing the investigation, I think."
  19. Quote from your article:
    "- I have my own explanation for what happened. You can put in the headline, "The forensic prosecutor believes that UFO killed the hikers!"...
    - Is that what you think now, when the UFO theme is open and in fashion, or did you think so in 1959? In fact, this is not directly stated, except for a series of testimonies about light balls and a note about them from the "Tagil Worker".
    - Then I assumed it, and now I am sure. I can’t pretend to say what kind of balls they are — whether they are weapons, aliens or something else, but I’m sure that this is directly related to the deaths of the hikers.
    - But how do you imagine it? The pilots, geologists who traveled and flew these lands, they all say that there are no signs of an explosion near Otorten and the surrounding area.
    - It wasn't in the usual sense an explosion of a shell or a bomb. It was different, as if a balloon had burst."What did L. Ivanov mean by the phrase, "as if the balloon had burst? Can you explain, please!
    Answer
    "He meant like the breaking of ball lightning, maybe I didn’t write it down correctly. Other hikers also saw fireballs. At the press, I told prosecutors about Ivanov’s opinion about UFOs. They looked at me like I am crazy. I have read many publications on the subject. There are always more questions than answers. In fact the questions that matter are only two: what caused the horrendous injuries and where did the radiation come from. I doubt that the prosecutors will be able to answer them, but I am looking forward to their findings."

pHFl1BI.jpg

Ural Stalkers Flight from the Mountain of the Dead
Vadim Chernobrov, 1999
"But, upon an evil day,
Dire misfortune came their way!”
(P.P. Yershov "The Little Humpbacked Horse").
After Komsomolskaya Pravda published our plans to go to the notorious Mountain of the Dead, and we were wondering which version of the deaths on its slopes to concider as a working hypothesis and which thread of investigation to pull, the editorial office rang from Yekaterinburg: "You from Komsomolskaya Pravda are looking for the causes of all these deaths?
It seems like we have stumbled upon the answer!"
We agree with the caller, Lyudmila Alekseevna Zhvanko on when, how and on what we will do on the Mountain with a frighteningly scary name.
There was no disagreement about the timing.
Almost all of the deaths there took place at the very end of winter, and from a scientific point of view it would be more interesting to postpone the trip for several months, but the general opinion was that we will not wait, we will go right after the crawlers and mosquitoes go away during the Indian summer, the period with the calmest weather in these parts...
Our goal was not to add the list of those who died on the mountain slopes, but as it turned out later, the choice of travel dates was almost fatal...
KhaER8o.jpg
Chernobrov expedition in 1999
Sheer mysticism
It seems like on the Mountain of the Dead by a strange coincidence groups of 9 people died several times.
According to legend, 9 Mansi were once killed here.
So, in the winter of 1959 ten hikers gathered to climb the Mountain.
But soon one of them, an experienced hiker, felt bad (his legs hurt) and he left the route.
For the the assault remained only nine...
One might not believe in mysticism, but оn the 40th anniversary of the tragedy we didn’t really want to go a group of nine.
When we met at Sverdlovsk railway station we turned up nine.
Three participants almost immediately announced that they would not be able to go, and remaining six we breathed a sigh of relief.
Having several hours till the schedules departure we went to the city to meet with those who knew the dead...
YxRnShn.jpg
Chernobrov original map
UcCKx6Y.jpg
Variation of Chernobrov map in English
First we went to Valeriya Patrusheva, the widow of the pilot, who was the first to notice the bodies of dead hikers from the air.
“And you know, my husband Gennadiy knew them well while they were alive.
They met in a hotel in the village of Vizhay, where the pilots stayed - the group stopped there before starting off.
Gennadiy was interested in local legends and began to dissuade them - go to other mountains, you have no business going to this peak, in Mansi language the name means "Don’t go there" and "Mountain of the 9 dead!"
But the guys were not 9, but 10, they were all experienced hikers, traveled a lot in the Northern Subpolar, did not believe in mysticism.
Their leader - Igor Dyatlov - such a strong-willed person - Gennadiy even called him "stubborn", no matter how much he persuaded him, Dyatlov did not change the route..."
The hike was declared as a route of the third (at that time higher) category of difficulty with climbing low mountains.
The route is quite difficult, but it is passable, nowadays many traverse and much more complicated routes.
In general, in such cases they say that nothing boded trouble...
Forty years later, we daddle along the Lozva river - the last route of the Dyatlov group, along which they went to the top.
We encounter only pacifying nature all around, the majestic landscapes looks like a photo "wallpaper" and the complete silence around is deafening.
You need to constantly remind yourself - just one mistake is enough to die in the midst of all this lulling splendor...
...The mistake of the Dyatlov group was that they neglected the warnings and went to a forbidden place...
What mistake our group made - we were explained by the local aborigines later.
Under no circumstances should we pass through the local Golden Gate - two powerful stone arches on top of one of the rocks.
Even the convinced materialists noticed a quick change in the attitude of a local deity towards us or, if you want, call it nature.
Almost immediately, a heavy downpour began, which did not stop for a week (an unprecedented event, local old-timers will tell us), the rivers overflowed the coast, an incredible mark for autumn, pieces of land under our tents began to melt catastrophically, and the raging Vladimirskiy rapids located downstream made our evacuation just a deadly pursuit...
What scared them to death?
However, forty years ago everything was much worse.
On February 1, 1959, Dyatlov’s group began climbing to the top of “1079”, which was then nameless. Just now, everyone knows it as the Mountain of the Dead (in the Mansi language "Kholat Syakhl") and it is now called the Dyatlov Pass.
It was here that on February 2 (according to other sources - February 1), under very mysterious circumstances, a tragedy occurred...
They didn’t have time to get up before dark, and decided to put up a tent right on the slope.
This alone confirms that the hikers were not afraid of difficulties: high on the slope, without the cover of the forest, it is much colder than at the foothills.
They laid skis on the snow, set a tent on top according to all the mountaineering rules, ate ...
In the declassified criminal case, the conclusion remained that neither the installation of the tent nor the gentle 15-18-degree slope posed a threat. According to the shadows length in the last photograph, the experts concluded that by 6 p.m. in the evening the tent was already standing.
They started to settle for the night...
And then something terrible happened!..
...Later, investigators began to establish a picture of what happened.
In a panic of terror, cutting the tent with knives, the hikers rushed out along the slope.
They ran out in whatever they were wearing - barefoot, in one felt boot, half-naked.
The tracks went in a strange trajectory, converged and setting apart again, as if people wanted to run away, but some force again drove them together.
Nobody came up to the tent, there were no signs of a struggle or the presence of other people.
There are no signs of any natural disaster: a snowstorm, a tornado, an avalanche.
On the border of the forest, the tracks disappeared, covered with snow.
Pilot G. Patrushev noticed two bodies from the air, made several circles above the guys, hoping that they would raise their heads.
The first search team arrived (one of that group, now pensioner Sergey Antonovich Verkhovskiy, we even managed to find) tried to dig snow in this place, and soon the terrible finds began.
Two of the dead lay near a poorly lit campfire, stripped to their underwear.
They froze when they stopped moving. 300 meters from them lay the body of I. Dyatlov: crawled to the tent and died, looking longingly in that direction.
There was no damage on the body...
Another corpse was found closer to the tent. An autopsy revealed a crack in the skull, this terrible blow was dealt without the slightest damage to the skin.
He died not from this injury, but also froze.
The girl crawled closest to the tent.
She lay face down, and the snow beneath her was stained with blood flowing from her mouth.
But no trace on her body.
An even greater mystery was presented by three corpses, found away from the fire.
They were dragged there by still living participants in the ill-fated expedition.
They died from terrible injuries: broken ribs, caved in head, hemorrhages.
But how could internal injuries not affect the skin?
By the way, there are no cliffs from which you could fall.
The last of the dead was found nearby.
His death, according to the criminal case, "came from exposure to low temperature".
In other words, it’s frozen. [Gerstein M. Tragedy in the mountains / "Centaur Crossroads" 1997, N 3 (8), pp. 1-6].
However, not one of the published versions of the death is considered generally accepted.
Despite numerous attempts to find an explanation, the tragic incidents continue to remain a mystery both to researchers of anomalous phenomena and to law enforcement agencies...
We searched for a long time for those who performed the autopsy.
The surgeon Yosif Prutkov, who was the first to perform an autopsy, has already died by now, the others we met (Prutkov’s relatives, doctors A.P. Taranova, P. Gel, Sharonin, members of the regional commission) could not recall the details.
But unexpectedly (it was meant to be!), in a train compartment we came across the former assistant of Prutkov, in fact the only living person who helped open those corpses, was doctor Maria Ivanova Solter.
She remembered those guys very well, not only that, but she remembered them still alive (she was young then, she liked the sturdy leader).
But, according to her, “there were not 9, but 11 corpses, where two more came from - I don’t know.
I recognized them right away, in these clothes and saw them for the last time at the bus stop.
They brought everyone to us, to the closed military hospital, one body they didn’t even show to us, they took it immediately to Sverdlovsk.
Some military man was present during the autopsy, pointed at me and said to Dr. Prutkov: "Do you need her?" Prutkov was a very polite person, but that time he turned and said: "Maria Ivanovna, you can go!"
They made me sign a non-disclosure all the same.
They took signed statements from everyone, including drivers and pilots who carried bodies..."
Other shocking details began to emerge.
Former criminal prosecutor L.N. Lukin recalls: “In May, we examined the surroundings of the scene with E.P. Maslennikov, found that some young trees on the forest border had a burned mark, but these marks were not of a concentric form or other pattern, there was no epicenter.
This indicates a source like a strong heat ray, completely unknown, at least to us, energy acting selectively, the snow was not melted, the trees were not damaged.
It seemed that when the hikers went more than five hundred meters down the mountain, this source attacked them individually..."
Rocket version
Persistent rumors spread among researchers that the hiking group was killed because people they had become unwitting eyewitnesses of secret weapon tests.
The skin of the dead was, according to searchers, "an unnatural purple or orange color".
And the forensic investigators didn't have an explanation about the strange color: they knew that even a month under the snow couldn’t stain the skin like that...
But, as we found out according to M. Solter, the skin was "really just dark normal for a corpse".
Who and why in their stories "painted" the corpses?
If the skin was orange, it would not be ruled out that the guys were poisoned by rocket fuel asymmetric dimethyl hydrazine (orange heptyl).
And the rocket, it would seem, could deviate from the course and fall (fly) nearby.
A new confirmation of the rocket version appeared relatively recently, when a strange 30-centimeter ring was found in the area of the death of the Dyatlov group.
As it turned out, belonging to the Soviet military missile.
Talk of secret trials reappeared.
A local researcher, Rimma Aleksandrovna Pechurkina, working in the Yekaterinburg Oblastnaya Gazeta, recalled that the search groups had observed “either rockets or UFOs” flying across the sky twice, on February 17 and March 31, 1959.
With a request to find out whether these objects were missiles, she turned to Kosmopoisk in April 1999.
And after studying the archives, it was possible to establish that in the USSR no launches of ISS were carried out in those days.
On February 17, 1959, the United States launched the Avangard-2 solid fuel, but they could not observe this start in Siberia.
March 31, 1959 with Baikonur launched the R-7, the launch was unsuccessful.
Launches from Plesetsk were carried out since 1960, construction was carried out since 1957, theoretically from Plesetsk in 1959 they could produce only R-7 test launches.
But this rocket could not have toxic fuel components.
There was one more fact in favor of the rocket hypothesis - south of the Mountain, modern hikers already stumbled upon several deep craters "clearly from the rockets".
With great difficulty in the remote taiga, we found two of them and did some exploring.
They obviously were not caused by a rocket explosion in 1959, a 55 years old birch tree grew in the crater (counted the rings), that is, the explosion thundered in the taiga no later than 1944.
Remembering what year it was, it would be possible to attribute everything to training bombing or something like that, but... we made an unpleasant discovery with the radiometer that the crater was contaminated with radiation.
Radioactive bombs in 1944?
What the...
Bombs, really?
Radioactive trace
The forensic scientist L.N. Lukin recalls what surprised him the most in 1959: "When I reported the initial data to the first secretary of the CPSU regional committee, A.S. Kirilenko, with the prosecutor of the region, he gave a clear command - to keep the fidnings secret.
Kirilenko ordered the hikers to be buried in closed coffins and to tell relatives that everyone died from hypothermia.
I conducted extensive examination on clothes and individual organs of the deceased “for radiation".
For comparison, we took clothes and internal organs of people who died in car accidents or died naturally death.
The results were amazing..."
From the expert's conclusion: "The samples of clothing contain a slightly overestimated amount of a radioactive substance due to beta radiation.
The detected radioactive substances are washed off during washing of the samples, that is, they are caused not by neutron flux and induced radioactivity, but by radioactive contamination."
Additional questions to the expert:
Question: Should there be (can it be) increased contamination of clothing with radioactive substances under normal conditions, i.e. without being in a radioactively contaminated environment or place?
Answer: Definitely not.
Question: Is it possible to consider that this clothing is contaminated with radioactive dust?
Answer: Yes, clothes are contaminated or radioactive dust dropped from the atmosphere, or this garment has been exposed to contamination when working with radioactive substances, or on contact.
Where could the radioactive dust come down on the dead?
At that time on the territory of the Soviet Union there were no nuclear tests in the atmosphere.
The last explosion before this tragedy occurred on October 25, 1958 in Novaya Zemlya.
Was this area at that time bombarded with radioactive dust from previous tests?
This is not excluded.
Moreover, Lukin drove a Geiger counter to the place of death of the hikers, and it was "clicking a lot" ...
Or maybe the traces of radioactivity are not related to the deaths of the hikers?
After all, radiation will not kill in a few hours and even more so will not drive people out of the tent! But then what?
In an attempt to explain the death of nine experienced hikers, a variety of versions were put forward - from ball lightning flying into the tent, to the detrimental effect of the technogenic factor.
Local historian Oleg Viktorovich Strauh told us about the theory, that the group went into the area where secret tests of "vacuum weapon" were carried out.
This caused the strange reddish skin tone of the dead, and the internal injuries and bleeding.
The same symptoms are characteristic for a "vacuum bomb", which creates a strong discharge of air over a large area.
When the periphery of this zone reaches a person blood vessels burst from internal pressure, and the insides of the body are torn to pieces.
For some time, the local Hansi were under suspicions, who once in the 1930s had already killed a female geologist dared to go to a sacred mountain that was closed to ordinary mortals.
Many taiga hunters were arrested, but ... everyone was released for lack of evidence.
Moreover, the mysterious incidents in the restricted area continued...
The harvest of death continues
Soon after the death of the Dyatlov group under mysterious circumstances that speaks in favor of the version of the involvement of special services in the incident, photographer Yuri Yarovoy, who took pictures of the dead bodies died with his wife in a car accident...
A special services officer who, at the request of his friend G. Patrushev involuntarily started digging into this whole story shot himself in his bath...
In February 1961, in the area of the same Dead Mountain, in an anomalous place and again under similar more than strange circumstances, another group of hikers from Leningrad died.
And again, there were supposedly the same signs of incomprehensible fear: tents cut from the inside, abandoned belongings, people scattering to the sides, and again all 9 of those who died with masks of horror on their faces, only this time the corpses lay in a neat circle around the tent...
However, this is only a rumor, and no one remembered details, no matter how persistently we asked about it.
No confirmation was found in the official organs either.
That is, either the St. Petersburg group was "cleaned up" more thoroughly than the Sverdlovsk group, or it is only an urban legend.
Just like another group of three supposedly lost here...
At least once again in the history of the Mountain, an indication of 9 corpses pops up, which is confirmed by documents.
In 1960-61, a total of 9 pilots and geologists died one after another in three air crashes in the doomed area.
Strange coincidences at a place named in memory of 9 dead Mansi.
The last living pilot of those who participated in the search for Dyatlov group was G. Patrushev.
Both he and his young wife were sure that very soon he would not return from a flight.
“He was very nervous,” V. Patrusheva tells us, “He did not drink at all, but once I saw him pale and shaken dranking a bottle of vodka in one gulp and not even getting drunk.
When he flew away for the last time, we both knew that it’s the last time.
I became afraid to fly, but every time - if there was enough fuel - I stubbornly flew to the Mountain of the Dead.
I wanted to find a clue... "
There are also other incidents under strange circumstances in the area.
Local authorities remember how long in the 1970s they searched and did not find a missing young geologist, since his father was of an important ministerial rank, they searched for him with special partiality.
He practically disappeared in plain sight in the presence of his colleagues...
A lot more have gone missing since then.
When we were in Ivdel in September 1999, it’s been just a month since the disappearance of a married couple...
Traces lead to the sky
The investigation back in the 1950s also considered a theory that will now be called a UFO.
It is a fact that during the search for the dead hikers over the heads of rescuers, colorful sights unfold, fireballs and shining clouds flew over.
No one understood what it was, and therefore the fantastic heavenly phenomena seemed scary...
Report to the Sverdlovsk City Party Committee: "31.3 04:00 Meshcheryakov who was on watch noticed in the southeast direction a large fire ring, which for 20 minutes moved towards us, hiding behind height 880.
Before hiding behind the horizon from the center of the ring appeared a star, which gradually increased to the size of the moon, began to fall down separating from the ring.
This unusual phenomenon was observed by all the personnel raised in alarm.
We ask you to explain this phenomenon and if it is safe, since under the circumstances it left us with anxiety.
Avenburg Potapov Sogrin"
L. N. Lukin recalls: "While the investigation was ongoing, a tiny note appeared in the Tagil Worker newspaper that a fireball, or, as they say now, UFOs, was seen in the sky above Nizhniy Tagil.
This luminous object moved silently towards the northern peaks of the Ural Mountains.
The editor of the newspaper was summoned in the regional committee, and was asked not to publish anything else on this subject"...
To be honest, we didn't observe anything mysterious in the sky above the Mountain, as well as along the way near Vizhay and Ivdel.
Perhaps because the sky was just covered by impenetrable clouds.
Both the rain and the flood of a regional scale stopped only when we barely got out through the rapids on a catamaran popping at the seams
Then, when we were already making our way in the Perm region through the taiga, the God of the Golden Gate made it clear that he had forgiven us - when we were almost out of water a bear led us to her watering hole...
Probably all this is nothing more than a coincidence.
And all the terrible incidents on the Mountain of the Dead are just a chain of accidents.
We did not find the reason for the death of the Dyatlov group, although we realized that missile launches have nothing to do with it...
Already from Moscow I called the widow of the pilot to understand - so why did Patrushev voluntarily take a course towards the Mountains even when he was afraid to fly?
"He said that something seemed to beckon him.
Often he met luminous balls in the air, and then the plane started to shake, the instruments danced like crazy, and his head was aching.
Then he turned away.
Then he flew there again.
He was very confident that he could make a land even on a top of a pole." ...A
ccording to the official reports, pilot G. Patrushev died 65 km north of Ivdel while attempting an emergency landing...
pHFl1BI.jpg
The map is drawn after the original Chernobrov map
Vadim Chernobrov is called the chief ufologist of Russia.
He died at the age of 52 from cancer.
He was chasing UFO's all his adult life.
Did radiation from the sightings caught up with him at the end?
On the 40th anniversary of Dyatlov Pass tragedy he went on an expedition to the Mountain of the Dead, as he calls it, and published in his book shortly after.
He left a very interesting legacy to the Dyatlov group case, one that we built on to this day.
HaRNfmD.jpg
Vadim Aleksandrovich Chernobrov (17.VI.1965 - 18.V.2017)

• 2 tygodnie później...
Andrey Kuryakov, chief of justice administration oversight directorate of the Sverdlovsk region prosecutor’s office
icmocC7.jpg

We are in a process of translating volume 2 of Dyatlov case files

I will transcript, translate and publish volume 2 of Dyatlov case.

Please be patient and supportive, it will take a week or two.

And read the damn documents, not YouTube and fiction speculations.

This is the source of information, more so classified.

The truth is in there.

Why were these documents classified?

You will see versions and drafts, you will be able to compare them with the document publicly available in volume 1.

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files

• 4 tygodnie później...
Relatives of the hikers from the Dyatlov group turned to the General Prosecutor's Office with a request to take away the criminal case from the Sverdlovsk prosecutor's office.
"We ask you to reclaim from the prosecutor’s office of the Sverdlovsk region, the criminal case opened in February 1959 by the prosecutor of the city of Ivdel of the Sverdlovsk region, V. Tempalov, in order to examine whether it is a criminal case," the appeal says.
“Based on the results of the investigation, if it is not ruled as a criminal case, to provide assistance by contacting the chairman of the Investigative Committee of Russia Alexander Bastrykin to initiate a real criminal case on the murder of nine hikers in February 1959."
The 60 year old criminal case is called by family members, researchers and activists of the fund a "bulging folder".
Despite the fact that it lacks a case number, the investigation contains a decision to initiate proceedings.
They also believe that it was open only to “give the appearance of an objective investigation” and was terminated “only three months into the investigation”.
The main reason for the petitioners to file their claim is that the case does not answer the question about the cause of death of the hikers.
Relatives and activists of the Dyatlov group's memory fund continue to insist that the group was victimized by a man-made disaster during tests of military weapons (missiles).
Three most likely versions are called: negligence on behalf of the rocket engineers who made a mistake in the design of the hull or engine of the aircraft, unsuccessful launch and sabotage.
The petitioners cite in favor numerous inconsistencies in the 1959 criminal case and special attention to the investigation by the military i.e. the arrival of the commander of the Ural military district Dmitry Lelyushenko in Sverdlovsk.
The petition is signed by:
– Perminova Tatyana Alekseevna, sister of Igor Alekseevich Dyatlov, leader of the hiking group that died in 1959.
– Rashevskaya Irina Nikolaevna, sister of Yuri Nikolaevich Doroshenko - member of Dyatlov group
– Morgunova Lyudmila Vladimirovna, sister of Rustem Vladimirovich Slobodin - member of Dyatlov group
– Zaprudina Tamara Alekseevna, sister of Zinaida Alekseevna Kolmogorova - member of Dyatlov group
– Kolevatova Elena Alekseevna, niece of Aleksander Sergeevich Kolevatov - member of Dyatlov group
– Kuntsevich Yuri Konstantinovich, president of the Foundation "In Memory of the Dyatlov Group"
– Bartolomey Petr Ivanovich - academician, full member of the Russian Academy of Engineering Sciences, participant in the search for the missing group in March 1959, friend of Igor Dyatlov.
– Chernousov Evgeny Arsentievich, attorney at the Moscow Bar Association “On Malaya Dmitrovka”, providing legal assistance to the families of the members of the the Dyatlov group
HUiYff8.jpg

xbBpn7m.jpg

• 2 tygodnie później...

Fire is burning on Dyatlov Pass.

The fire area is currently estimated at 25 hectares.

According to preliminary information, the fire started from a hiking trail leading to the pass, but now it has gone much further.

According to the forecasts, it will take two to three days to eliminate it.

There are not many prospects for its further propagation.

On the path of fire there are areas with still remaining snow and rocky plateaus.

0pxygvo.jpg

ДЯТЛОВА ГОРИТ
kZJ4vS2.jpg
Второй день горит перевал Дятлова и наверное можно сказать с большой уверенностью, что гибель в огне горных тундр, это очередной отголосок той далекой трагедии.
Перевал давно превратился в одно из самых популярных, часто посещаемых мест всего Урала и вдвойне обидно, что совершенно незаслуженно.
Место не примечательное настолько, что даже выбрать его интересную фотографию (без траурной таблички) очень сложно и интересное только произошедшей трагедией.
Бизнес и туризм на крови, теперь будет еще и на углях.
Но все это моя личная демагогия...
#амбассадор_уральских_гор
А вот о чем точно стоит напомнить, так это о пожарной безопасности.
Стоит жара и лес, тундра, трава готовы вспыхнуть как порох.
Буквально пару дней назад гуляя по Таганаю, я обратил внимание сколько окурков валяется по нашим горам, в самых неожиданных местах.
Это большая проблема, НЕ БРОСАЙТЕ.
ЗАБИРАЙТЕ С СОБОЙ!
Другая проблема это костры.
Я давно уже не жгу костры и призываю вас друзья также отказаться от этой практики.
Но если вам нужен костер, вот прямо никак без него.
Отнеситесь к его разведения с полной серьезностью.
Не создавайте новых кострищ, используйте старые.
Следите внимательно за огнем и НЕ ОСТАВЛЯЙТЕ КОСТЕР НЕ ПОТУШЕННЫМ
Заклинаю вас!
Не жгите костры в красивых видовых местах и на вершинах гор.
Следы от огня останутся на десятилетия... и там обычно нет воды, если что то пойдет не так.
Ну и развлечения.
Не стоит использовать фальшфейеры, фейерверки, петарды в лесу ради своего развлечения.
Ваше минутное веселье может обернуться большой трагедией.
ПОБЕРЕГИТЕ ФАЛЬШФЕЙЕР ДЛЯ ВСТРЕЧИ С МЕДВЕДЕМ

ps. фото, спутниковый снимок из системы NASA FIRMS

Żródło:https://www.facebook.com/Chegodaev.Oleg

Dyatlov Pass: New sensational facts!
On Saturday, July 11, 12 pm Moscow time, Komsomolskaya Pravda editorial will hold a press conference on the Dyatlov Pass incident.
New unique documents and testimonies will be presented.
KP specifically does not identify the name of the main speaker in advance, wishing to maintain the intrigue of the upcoming event.
They guarantee a number of revelations will be made for the first time in the long history of the mystery of the death of nine skiers in the Northern Urals.

The mystery speaker at the press conference is Andrey Kuryakov - Head of the Prosecutor’s Office of the Sverdlovsk Region.

h3uGyDS.jpg

This is the long awaited moment we hear the results of the preliminary investigation started in 2018.

The long awaited results of the investigation that began in 2018 were announced today by Andrey Valentinovich Kuryakov - Head of the Prosecutor’s Office of the Sverdlovsk Region.

Expert opinions, test results, 3D model of the pass, in-depth study of terrain, weather, behavior, risks, military archives, books on avalanches, etc., and yet there is still the sense that something is missing, perhaps the entire big picture.

https://dyatlovpass.com/procecutors-investigation?rbid=18461&fbclid=IwAR1wP3anElQ9kMtVAJOzjzWPnCaxTwUemjg44Vu0B3xQdRTys9f8S4XSxPQ

• fortyck zmienił(a) tytuł na Tragedia na Przełęczy Diatłowa (1 luty 1959 r.)
 Udostępnij

• Dodaj nową pozycję...