Skocz do zawartości

Tragedia na Przełęczy Diatłowa (1 luty 1959 r.)

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

«WE WERE TOLD TO SAY THAT THEY WERE KILLED IN AN ACCIDENT»

Interview with Evgeniy Okishev who supervised the investigation into the death of the hikers in the mountains of the Northern Urals in 1959

August 15, 2013. All rights belong to Komsomolskaya Pravda

https://dyatlovpass.com/evgeniy-okishev-2013?fbclid=IwAR2eGX6wsZBjT0iOsok8qolYhWhWwFIT_CGWUvhNKOfv4GgTUAs3cX_tR5A

Żródło: https://www.facebook.com/dyatlovpass9

• Odpowiedzi 2,1 tys.
  • Dodano
  • Ostatniej odpowiedzi

Top użytkownicy w tym temacie

• fortyck

𝗠𝗮𝘆 𝟮𝟴, 𝟭𝟵𝟱𝟵

Ivanov continues to ask questions to Vozrozhdenny the day the case is closed

The Dyatlov case was closed, but investigator Lev Ivanov asked forensic medical examiner expert Vozrozhdenny, additional questions about the autopsy reports, and received some interesting information:

1. From what kind of force could Thibeaux-Brignolle have received such injury?
    From what kind of force could Thibeaux-Brignolle have received such injury?
    Answer: In the conclusion, it’s shown the damage to Thibeaux-Brignolle’s head could have been the result of the throwing, fall or jettisoning of the body. I don’t believe these wounds could have been the result of Thibeaux-Brignolle simply falling from the level of his own height, i.e. falling and hitting his head. The extensive, depressed, multi-splintered (broken fornix and base of the skull) fracture could be the result of an impact of an automobile moving at high speed. This kind of trauma could have occurred if Thibeaux-Brignolle had been thrown and fallen and hit his head against rocks, ice, etc., by a gust of strong wind.
  2. Is it possible that Thibeaux-Brignolle was hit by a rock that was in someone’s hand?
    Is it possible that Thibeaux-Brignolle was hit by a rock that was in someone’s hand?
    Answer: In this case, there would have been damage to the soft tissue, and this was not evident.
  3. How long could Thibeaux-Brignolle have lived after the trauma. Could he have moved on his own, talked, etc.?
    How long could Thibeaux-Brignolle have lived after the trauma. Could he have moved on his own, talked, etc.?
    Answer: After this trauma, Thibeaux-Brignolle would have had a severe concussion; that is, he would have been in an unconscious state. Moving him would have been difficult and, close to the end, movement would not have been possible. I believe he would not have been able to move even if he had been helped. He could only have been carried or dragged. He could have shown signs of life for 2-3 hours.
  4. How is it possible to explain the cause of the damage to Dubinina and Zolotaryov? Is it possible to combine them into one cause.
    How is it possible to explain the cause of the damage to Dubinina and Zolotaryov? Is it possible to combine them into one cause.
    Answer: I think the character of the injuries on Dubinina and Zolotaryov – a multiple fracture of the ribs – on Dubinina were bilateral and symmetrical, and on Zolotaryov were one-sided. Both had hemorrhaging into the cardiac muscle with hemorrhaging into the pleural cavity, which is evidence of them being alive [when injured] and is the result of the action of a large force, similar to the example used for Thibeaux-Brignolle. These injuries, especially appearing in such a way without any damage to the soft tissue of the chest, are very similar to the type of trauma that results from the shock wave of a bomb.
  5. How long could Dubinina and Zolotaryov have lived?
    How long could Dubinina and Zolotaryov have lived?
    Answer: Dubinina died 10-20 minutes after the trauma. She could have been conscious. Sometimes it happens that a person with a wound to the heart (for example, a serious knife wound) can talk, run and ask for help. Dubinina’s situation was one of complicated traumatic shock resulting from the bilateral rib fracture, followed by internal hemorrhaging into the pleural cavity. Zolotaryov could have lived longer. It needs to be taken into account that they were all trained, physically fit, and strong people.

Regional bureau forensic pathologist Vozrozhdenny (signature) 05/29/1959

csChhfn.jpg

Boris Alexandrovich Vozrozhdenny - forensic medical expert of the Regional forensic bureau

Vozrozhdenny Boris Alexandrovich (born 1922) - forensic expert (since 1954) of the Regional forensic medical bureau.

Together with forensic expert Ganz, he carried out the autopsy and the description of the corpses found on the slope of the Kholat Syakhl mountain in March-May 1959.

He prepared the conclusions given in the autopsy reports.

The autopsy reports, signed by the Vozrozhdenny, are in the criminal case about the death of tourists of the Dyatlov group.

In May 1959, Vozrozhdenny flew in a helicopter to the place of discovery of the last four bodies.

With regard to the autopsies, opinions were divided.

Some researchers believe that Vozrozhdenny has deliberately omitted some details pointing to the radiological reason for the death of the Dyatlov group, while others recall that it was precisely from the autopsy reports - undoubtedly the most valuable documents in this case - that it became known that there were serious bodily injuries, incompatible with life, on Slobodin, Dubinina, Thibeaux-Brignolle and Zolotaryov.

In addition, the documents indicate that Lyudmila Dubinina was missing her tongue.

There are testimonies of eyewitnesses that after each autopsy, experts and witnesses "from the authorities" dipped into a barrel of alcohol, so as not to get infected.

When they finished investigating the bodies of the first five and brought out the verdict of hypothermia as the cause of death, the whole team got drunk.

This is the moment portrayed in the header image from “Dyatlov Pass - end of story” movie.

Some modern researchers interpret these facts differently - some believe that the autopsies were conducted in a state of intoxication.

Activists of the Dyatlov case have been persistently calling for the exhumation of the corpses and conducting a second investigation.

They may just have recently gotten their wish.

On April 12, 2018 Komsomolskaya Pravda, per request of the relatives, exhumed the body of Semyon Zolotaryov at Ivanovskoe Cemetery in Yekaterinburg for the purpose of identification.

The superimposition performed by expert Sergey Nikitin at the cemetery comparing the skull with a known post war photograph of Semyon Zoltaryov shows perfect match (more information).

The first DNA test results aired by Russian Channel 1 on May 16, 2018 exclude kinship of the person laying in Zolotaryov’s grave with Zolotaryov’s niece Tatyana Skulbeda, daughter of Semyon’s sister (more information).

𝗠𝗮𝘆 𝟮𝟴, 𝟭𝟵𝟱𝟵

Testimony of forensic expert Vozrozhdenniy

6DPq9hX.jpg

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-381-383
#dyatlovpass #1079book

yjp7hBk.jpg

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-381-383#381back
#dyatlovpass #1079book

3pYQ8gR.jpg

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-381-383#382
#dyatlovpass #1079book

vJnkzgY.jpg

https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-381-383#383
#dyatlovpass #1079book

May 29 - Histological Analyses

The case was terminated before all test came out.

Histological Analysis №66/602

Hu8mt9Q.jpg

Case file page 358 dated 29/V 1959

Under the order of Forensic medical expert Vozrozhdenny an examination was carried out in the histological department of the Sverdlovsk Region of pieces of skin, bones and internal organs from the body of of Thibeaux-Brignolle N.V., 23 years old, to resolve the issue of hemorrhages.

Hematoxylin and Eosin, and Wright-Giemsa staining.

Microscopic examination
The sternum with the surrounding soft tissues
- In soft tissues hemorrhages are not visible, red bone marrow in a state of putrefaction.

Rib - Blood between the bone beams in the state of putrefaction.

Skin - Epidermis is absent, in the dermis of hemorrhage with the presence of brown pigment.

Thyroid gland with surrounding muscles - In soft tissues hemorrhages are not visible, iron in a state of putrefaction.

Conclusion Hemorrhage in the skin (in the dermis).

29/V 1959 Forensic medical expert Ganz

Histological Analysis №64/600

JtqxNSL.jpg

Case file page 359 dated 29/V 1959

Under the order of Forensic medical expert Vozrozhdenny an examination was carried out in the histological department of the Sverdlovsk Region of pieces of skin, bones and internal organs from the body of Kolevatov A.S., 24 years old, to resolve the issue of the presence of hemorrhages.

Microscopic examination
Part of the costal bone with surrounding soft tissues
- Bone is an ordinary structure, hemorrhages are not visible in surrounding soft tissues, pronounced putrefaction.

Skin - The epidermis is flattened, visible only along the edges of the drug, in the derma of hemorrhages it is not visible.

Kidney - Putrid changes.

Heart - Presence of gaps between myocardial fibers

Conclusion In the sent pieces of skin, bones and internal organs from the body of Kolevatov, hemorrhages were not detected.

Histological Analysis №65/601

SXS1cQ4.jpg

Case file page 360

Under the order of Forensic medical expert Vozrozhdenny an examination was carried out in the histological department of the Sverdlovsk Region of pieces of skin, bones and internal organs from the body of A. Zolotaryov A.A., 37 years old, to resolve the issue of the presence of hemorrhages.

Microscopic examination
Part of the sternum with surrounding soft tissues
- Hemorrhages are not visible.

Part of the edge with the surrounding soft tissues - Putrefactive changes, in the soft tissues bone fragments and hemorrhages are visible, there is no cellular reaction.

Skin - Absence of superficial layers of the epidermis, in places its complete absence, in the dermis of hemorrhage with the presence of brown pigment and shadows of cells, putrefactive changes.

Muscle - Putrid changes.

Heart - Cracks between myocardial fibers, plethora of blood vessels, diapedemic hemorrhages.

AtbOu79.jpg

The back of Case file page 360 dated 29/V 1959

Conclusion Hemorrhages in the skin (in the dermis), heart muscle and soft tissues, in the region of the rib fracture without a cellular reaction.

Histological Analysis №67/603

oN4ngL5.jpg

Case file page 361 dated 29/V 1959

Under the order of Forensic medical expert Vozrozhdenny an examination was carried out in the histological department of the Sverdlovsk Region of pieces of skin, bones and internal organs from the body of Dubinina L.A., 21, to solve the question of the presence of hemorrhages.

Microscopic examination
Rib
- A transverse fracture of the rib with a hemorrhage at the site of the fracture, without a cellular reaction.

Hyoid bone - Hemorrhages are not visible

Skin - The epidermis is completely absent in places, hemorrhages with presence of brown pigment and shadows of cells are visible in the dermis.

Heart - The gap between the fibers of the myocardium, small hemorrhages in the myocardium.

Conclusion Hemorrhages in the skin (in the dermis), hemorrhage at the site of the rib fracture without a cellular reaction, small hemorrhages in the myocardium.

My plans changed since I had to abbreviate my stay in the US and return to Bulgaria to apply for a visa, but I will keep my promise to deliver 9 new articles before I head to the Dyatlov Pass.

3/9 was https://dyatlovpass.com/brusnitsyn which I posted on May 10.

Tomorrow you will have the next one.

The images are stills from the movie "Dyatlov Pass - end of story".

It reenacts the autopsies that took place on May 9 in the Ivdellag morgue.

LFiwSse.jpg

6iDxoeq.jpg

𝟰/𝟵

Seasoned forensic expert Natalya Saharova reported the Dyatlov group case file was conducted sloppily, with omissions that couldn't be excused.

The worst is the lack of photos, unless they were taken from the case files, then there are the traces of rebinding in the process of which pages could have been taken away.

Even for the procedures in place in the USSR for the time this high profile case is conducted in a way that no court should admit it.

But the case didn't make it to court.

It was closed and locked.

𝟱/𝟵

Vladimir Korotaev was the first investigator of the Dyatlov group case.

There was doubt about his involvement since his signature and name do not appear anywhere in the case files. His superior, Okishev, confirmed that Korotaev was on the job.

Korotaev friends and colleagues also confirm that he was a good investigator.

Korotaev says that when the bodies were found and he reported to his bosses about the autopsy findings they were drinking at Lozva and didn't bother to give a second look at the case.

They said that the hikers died from hypothermia and there is not anything more to it.

Korotaev was replaced with Lev Ivanov.

He ended up blaming it on aliens, but officially said nothing since he cared about his job.

𝟲/𝟵

Journalist Natalya Varsegova is summarizing what was revealed at the conference that took place in May 2023 in Yekaterinburg.

Koskins Aleksey and Elena who were one of the first people that gained access to the case files in 1989 tell how it all started.

The case files were handled, photographed, copied, Vladislav Karelin had them in his home overnight even in 1984.

Anyone who had access to the files could pinch a photograph or a page for keepsake, and in USSR at any time access is given if you know the right people.

Not even on a high level, just someone who can take the case out of the archive.

Film №6 from Krivonischenko's camera went missing even from the "foundation" at Kuntsevich's residence.

The Dyatlov case files are melting down faster than the North pole.

I will be in transit for the next couple of days going back to Bulgaria to apply for visa.

I was told that this is my best option.

I just got my hands on a very interesting material about a geologist who was collecting summer markers in the area of the tragedy DAYS after the incident.

He saw with his own eyes 5 bodies of members of the Dyatlov group 5 km from Otorten in the Lozva valley.

The 5 bodies that were officially found 3 weeks later were 10 km from Otorten and not on Lozva.

Even if the distances are off which is not typical of a geologist, this means other people have seen 5 bodies before the searchers arrive.

Were the bodies together when they died?

The material is long but I will do my best to publish it in its entirety.

For me it is important since I will be looking for the geologists campsites.

The place in the photos is 5 km from Otorten.

Is it the place where the geologist saw 5 bodies?

It is certainly along the route of the Dyatlov group.

This also proves that the geologist were working nearby when the incident happen.

Why didn't anyone say anything?

FELRH7O.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

9dLj2Ru.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

bG8xodS.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

yMWbAHq.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

czpyBO4.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

This iron pipe was found in 2008 by Yuri Yudin and Leonid Rokotyan 150-200 meters down the ravine from the den on the 4th tributary of the Lozva, not far from the four bodies.

It can only belong to the geologist.

We intend to find and examine it this year.

The only way this pipe could have been brought there is by helicopter, and this is what I am trying to prove, that there were helicopters in the sky, and that the bodies may have been discovered from the air days, not weeks, after the incident.

OyP0dXH.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

Mmed9wn.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

• 2 tygodnie później...
You may not understand the significance of what I am just about the post, but it is an enormous relief in my investigation.

Ever since I dug up the tin can under the cedar on the location where the bodies of Doroshenko and Krivonischenko were found I have been trying to narrow down the year that it was made.

We know which plant made the condensed milk and that the Dyatlov group carried this type of can in their supplies, but if I have to present evidence in court I need to be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this can was manufactured in 1958, and not 1948, 1968 or 1978.

Last week I managed to get an appointment with the Chief Director of the Lyubinskiy Molochnokonservnyy Kombinat https://www.lmkk.ru 

They appealed to their veterans who started digging into their basements for old condensed milk (сгущенка).

Today we have the first old can from condensed milk especially brought to light for my investigation.

This can was manufactured by the 3rd shift of January 31, 1962.

This is hard evidence.

I have an idea how to prove my theory if I find cans from this period of time with "8" stamped at the bottom.

My claim is that in 1958 the "8" was flipped vertically (top circle is bigger than the bottom) and that most probably didn't make that same mistake 4 years in a row.

Again, this is huge, although it might not seem like this to people that are not following my endeavors.

The plant has a museum https://goo.gl/maps/UM3JKiLo4ctwjoCp6 

They asked me to bring a book for their museum and I will also bring them the tin can I found in 2022.

It deserves its place in the museum.

The management of the plant are ecstatic to be part of the Dyatlov Pass saga and promised to help with all they can.

I am going to Omsk after the expedition to the Dyatlov Pass to meet with these nice people that are helping with my investigation.

ZXjzs73.jpg

М272
М27 = Lyubinskiy Molochnokonservnyy Kombinat
2 = made in 1942, 1952, 1962 or 1972
In 1979 the standard changes. #dyatlovpass #1079book

OjiGXEI.jpg

331A76
According to the standards the can is sweetened condensed milk (76) manufactured by the 3rd shift (3) on January 31st (31A).
A - January
Б - February
В - March
Г - April
Д - May
Е - June
Ж - July
И - August
К - September
Л - October
М - November
Н - December
#dyatlovpass #1079book

zlOfxQn.jpg

Lyubinskiy Molochnokonservnyy Kombinat
#dyatlovpass #1079book

9Rgoilo.jpg

ГОСТ 2903-55
The standard by which the can is manufactured is 1955. Next standard is 1966. This leaves the year of make 1962 (since it has to end in 2).
#dyatlovpass #1079book

49TUiKR.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

I found a shoker letter from Lorelain to A.Y. Deev which was not in the yesterdays publication:

"In 1959 he participated in a geological exploration expedition.

In the winter, they "removed markers".

In mid-January they were sent to the Lozva valley.

The base camp was located five kilometers east of the foot of Mt Otorten.

More precisely, from the border of the forest.

Somewhere on February 4-5, the three of them went to the foot of Mount Kholatchakhl (so he said), mark 1096.

Not far from the border of the forest, they saw people lying.

They came closer.

Five corpses lay side by side (precisely five).

Without outerwear..."

n8JGGnD.jpg

𝟴/𝟵

This week I present you with another rabbit hole - 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗗𝘆𝗮𝘁𝗹𝗼𝘃 𝗣𝗮𝘀𝘀.

An obscure case of Gary Mathias and his four friends from Yuba City, CA.

Five guys who went to a basketball game and ended up disappearing on a mountain road, 70 miles away, with no explicable reason as to how they got there, nor what led to their eventual fate.

The articles will follow.

One of them is in Russian.

A quote comes to mind:

"There are 9 meals between mankind and anarchy." – Alfred Henry Lewis

cCp7d6K.jpg

The comparison between the two cases, Dyatlov Pass nine and Yuba County five, was met with some strong critiques, so I am removing the batch of five articles from the countdown.

Here is 𝟴/𝟵

𝟵/𝟵

I have such a wonderful surprise coming as a gift, will tell you all about it when I can hold it in my hands, that I can try for a bonus track before I go on the expedition to the Dyatlov Pass.

This is what this countdown was all about.

What comes around goes around.

INVESTIGATOR OKISHEV: THE DEATHS OF THE DYATLOV GROUP WERE FULL OF SECRETS.

"We knew the truth, but we told fables to relatives" – the investigator frankly spoke about the tragedy at the Dyatlov Pass

July 1, 2023.

Copyright Komsomolskaya Pravda.

Authors Nikolay Varsegov и Natalya Varsegova

Dyatlov Pass: Document in RussianRussian

fnezAAY.jpg
One of the last photos of the group. Break on the Auspiya River - (from left to right) Nikolay Thibeaux-Brignolle, Lyudmila Dubinina, Semyon Zolotaryov, Zina Kolmogorova

Recall that in the winter of 1959, nine hikers disappeared in the mountains of the Northern Urals: a fifth-year student of the Ural Polytechnic Institute (UPI), the head of the group Igor Dyatlov, as well as Yuri Krivonischenko, Yuri Doroshenko, Rustem Slobodin, Zinaida Kolmogorova, Lyudmila Dubinina, Aleksander Kolevatov, Nikolay Thibeaux-Brignolle and Semyon Zolotaryov.

For 16 days, the participants of the trek had to ski in the north of the Sverdlovsk region for at least 300 km and climb two peaks of the Northern Urals.

The expedition belonged to the third (highest) category of difficulty.

A month later, rescuers found they abandoned tent of the group...

And within a radius of one and a half kilometers from it - five frozen bodies.

The bodies of the rest were found only in May.

Almost all the hikers were barely clad and shoe less.

Some had fatal injuries.

According to investigators, the hikers died on the night of February 1-2.

But it has not yet been figured out why the guys ran away from the tent into the bitter cold and to their death.

Because of this understatement, dozens of different versions of the tragedy have appeared in our time: from an avalanche to a Yeti attack.

FOUR VERSIONS

In 1959, Evgeniy Fyodorovich Okishev worked as deputy head of the investigative department of the prosecutor's office of the Sverdlovsk region.

He was one of the chiefs of the forensic prosecutor who Lev Ivanov mentioned in the recent article we published.

KJd1wyJ.jpg
Evgeniy Okishev during the Great Patriotic War

- 2 -

We first met Evgeniy Okishev in 2013.

Then they visited him a few more times.

In May 2016, we recorded his last interview for our Komsomol film "Dyatlov Pass. End of story?" directed by Alexander Abramenko.

Then Okishev was 96 years old, and his physical health, undermined by front-line wounds, was getting worse.

Realizing that life was running out, Evgeniy Fedorovich frankly told us about those events, no longer being particularly cautious, as in his first interviews.

krISnzH.jpg
Extract on awarding Evgeniy Okishev the rank of Junior Counselor of Justice. Photo: Natalya Varsegova

– According to the distribution of duties between the head of the investigative department and me, I was entrusted with the leadership of the work of the forensic prosecutor Lev Ivanov.

Therefore, all information was focused on me.

In particular, we solved various complex issues together.

– How did you find out about the incident in the mountains of the Northern Urals?

– Investigator of the Ivdel prosecutor's office Vladimir Korotaev called our regional investigation department and reported that skiers had disappeared in the mountains of the Northern Urals.

There was a search and the first corpses were found.

zYmIFJc.jpg
Prosecutor Evgeniy Okishev

– When the first bodies were discovered, were there theories about their death?

– Initially, there were suspicions that they were killed by Mansi - local residents.

But this version was dismissed when they studied the customs of the locals.

According to their religious beliefs, they were forbidden to encroach on a person.

And meeting with people of European appearance promised good luck on the hunt.

This is a short explanation.

Then there was a version about an animal attack.

You know that the tent was cut open, that they were leaving their camp in a panic.

But we did not find any traces of animals on the spot.

And the hunters said that the animals in this area do not appear at all due to the fact that the ridge is constantly blown by a strong wind.

We checked whether there were any prisoner escapes.

There were camps all around in those years.

The convicts could run away and attack the hikers to take money, clothes from them - to change from the prisoner's uniform, which would make them an easy target.

But the version was not confirmed with any runaways.

- 3 -

– Did you, Ivanov, and your other colleagues think then that some kind of military incident could have been the cause?

– It was one of the versions that was put forward immediately among others.

This is a deserted place, and there could only be military personnel from the nearest units.

PzW6ih9.jpg
Evgeniy Okishev and his wife Galina Isaakovna. Photo: Natalya Varsegova

– By the way, did the military take part in the search?

– There were great difficulties in finding the bodies.

I contacted the commander of the guard regiment and asked him to provide soldiers.

"I WAS CALLED A FASCIST"

– Was there any control over this case on the part of the regional party committee?

– Everyone was controlled by the Party as if it was God himself.

The regional committee of the party took an active part in the investigation.

In my opinion, someone from the Central Committee of the CPSU came or they constantly reported there by phone about the details of the investigation.

I also remember that when I was about to go to the scene, I got a call from the Prosecutor General's Office and was told that "our worker urgently flies to you, wait a bit with the departure to the location".

– As far as we know, you then requested a radioactive examination?

– Yes.

In this connection, this case was later taken away from us and they said that there should be less talk around it.

I began to explain to the relatives that it could have been an accident, as I was ordered by this comrade from the Prosecutor General's Office.

It was an accident and no talk of any kind of murder!

I had to dodge.

Tell fables to relatives.

Because for me and the rest of the operational workers, it was known that it certainly wasn't an ordinary accident associated with the natural elements, as we told the relatives.

– That was not true...

– Not true, of course.

How many cases in the practice of each investigator was that he was forced on duty to hide the real circumstances of the crime?

Or until there is clarity, or the crimes are directly related to military secrets.

k5M3tZi.jpg
Evgeniy Okishev reads a copy of the criminal case. Photo: Natalya Varsegova

- 4 -

– When you were instructed to wrap up the case, did you and Ivanov think that you were faced with some kind of military secret?

– What to tell you...

We ourselves put forward this version.

And when they asked Moscow whether there were any such things connected, for example, with the testing of new weapons, the case was immediately taken away from us.

– How did the relatives react?

– One of the mothers of the victims called me a fascist.

She knew that we are covering up.

In fact, it is very difficult to tell some legend instead of the truth.

This story sounds unconvincing when you know that this was far from being the case.

Relatives wrote complaints and received all the same answer - your children became victims of the elements, it was an accident.

This is what we were told from above to say.

– Were you ashamed then?

– There was an internal resistance.

We worked and resented.

Together we were looking for a wording that would sound more or less convincing, and at the same time, that there would be some kind of hidden subtext.

Because we knew the truth...

ORDER FROM ABOVE

– Evgeniy Fyodorovich, who came up with the wording that they allegedly died from force an overwhelming force? (In the decision to terminate the criminal case, literally: "... the cause of the death of hikers was a natural force, which the hikers were not able to overcome").

– We were given an order.

– That is, you were given the wording from above?

– Yes Yes.

Explain this way - either an accident, or natural circumstances that led to an accident.

And Ivanov and I came up with this wording.

– Did the KGB investigate in parallel with you?

– They always had all the information about the investigation either from me, or they reported to the regional prosecutor, and he informed one of them.

They also had an investigation department.

– Shortly after closing the case, Ivanov was sent to Kazakhstan, and you were sent to Moldova.

Is this somehow connected with the investigation into the death of the Dyatlov group?

– I do not know who initiator this relocation.

But I came to Chisinau in 1960 with the following wording: "To strengthen the cadres."

– What do you think happened there?

– I can only gues.

Apparently, these were some activities related to the defense of the country or the development of new types of weapons.

The hikers have become casual victims.

In general, their deaths were connected with some secrets, because otherwise why hush it up, take away from the prosecutors the cases that is in the midst of an investigation, and tell them to lie to the relatives?

– In your opinion, is there a file that contains truthful information about the causes of death?

– I think so.

– And that criminal case, which is stored in the archives of Yekaterinburg, could be cleaned up in favor of those who hid the causes of death of nine people?

– It could, of course.

Moreover, in order not to violate the integrity of the case, they could replace important documents with some insignificant ones.

Not even relevant.

- 5 -

zPE894C.jpg
The work record book of Evgeniy Okishev, confirming his work in the prosecutor's office of the Sverdlovsk region. Photo: Natalya Varsegova

KIP1VVw.jpg

FROM THE AUTHORS

Why didn't we publish this candid interview right away?

Because then there was a hope to get documents confirming this version in the relevant archives.

And the interview could disturb other archival workers.

And block our access.

Alas, the archives on this topic turned out to be already inaccessible.

Therefore, it makes no sense to keep this interview on the back burner.

Draw your own conclusions from everything said by Evgeniy Okishev.

He clearly knew what exactly happened there, but until the end of his life he remained faithful to the secrecy of the investigation and a non-disclosure agreement.

However, due to the deep sense of shame that has not left him since the termination of the criminal case, he gave us direct hints about the cause of the death of nine hikers.

Pointed out in which direction to pursue the search for the truth.

We will continue to piece together a complete picture of the incident, and if you have reliable information about the tragedy, write to: vars@kp.ru, konata@kp.ru.

MEANWHILE

Fireballs flew across the sky

During the search for the missing hikers in the Urals, strange phenomena occurred.

Fifth-year student of the Ural Polytechnic Boris Sychev in the second half of March 1959, among other hikers, also went in search of his missing comrades.

One night he happened to observe something mysterious in the sky.

– There was a very strange incident, which not only me, but everyone remembered, - he recalled.

- One night, the hikers on duty woke everyone up whispering: "Guys, get up, get dressed, all go out one at a time."

When we got out, we saw a large fireball floating across the sky.

Outwardly similar to the disk of the moon.

But not the moon.

This ball was larger in diameter.

And so it moved away from the ridge, passed a little away from us.

We did not observe a bright glow.

Then it disappeared over the horizon.

We were all puzzled.

What it is?

No one had seen such a thing before.

Such phenomena in January-March 1959 were observed by many local residents.

There is evidence of this in a the criminal case, but there are no official explanations about the nature of these balls.

There are only assumptions that these were rocket launches from the Kapustin Yar test site to Kamchatka.

𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗣𝗬 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗟𝗬 𝗕𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗛𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗧𝗜𝗕𝗢

The obsession with Dyatlov Pass is not an acquired taste.

It is like rare meat, you either like it or you don't.

You either get obsessed with the Dyatlov Pass like me, or you shrug your shoulders and move on.

I have been asked by many why in time of war I am still interested in the case, or simply - why don't I channel my energy into something else.

The celebration of the dates of births is not to build a monument.

It is a reminder of a mystery that remains unsolved.

The only way I know to thaw the ice on a cold case is to bring attention to it.

I use the dates of births so we can look again into their eyes, and not forget.

The mountains are treacherous and many don't return.

So why glamorize these nine hikers in particular?

Why are they so special, why can't we leave them to rest in peace?

The answer for me is: because they took part in something convoluted and unexplainable.

Something is so wrong with the whole picture.

There is no prevailing conviction about how or where they died, if there was a crime or force majeure.

There is even speculation about the actual identity of one of them post exhumation and DNA testing.

They all suffered, but they are not martyrs, only part of a great mystery.

d5hLKf0.jpg

Today, on Tibo's birthday, but I am the one receiving a present.

I didn't dare to dream that this would come true but it did.

Once again I got the validation that what I do here is worthwhile.

There are a lot of squabbles when it comes to the Dyatlov pass incident.

But when your work has been given the green light by providing you with what you need the most, something big, which you can't imagine achieving in your little mortal life, you feel like part of something bigger than yourself because someone you look up to has trusted you.

I am forever grateful to Josh Gates who took me to the pass on an expedition in the winter (you have no idea how expensive this is).

Now the world's premier manufacturer of increment borers, Haglöf Sweden https://haglofsweden.com/project/increment-borers/ sent me their most expensive precision tool so I can continue my forensic dendrology on my trip to the Dyatlov Pass that starts in 5 days.

The next key contributor who has to take their precious time to teach me how to use this expensive instrument is Asst. Prof. Momchil Panayotov from the Dendrology department of University of Forestry in Sofia.

Last year the cores were extracted by another member of the expedition, Aleksander Konstantino, who is going to be on the pass, but in a different location.

His instrument is not specialized for old rotten trees like my Haglöf.

This capability makes my increment borer close to eight times more expensive (~$1600).

The issue is that when you extract cores from old trees with a normal size borer they come out like this, and are close to impossible to analyze.

fHB7lb8.jpg

Sample from an old rotten tree taken with a standard increment borer. #dyatlovpass #1079book

qePyHr1.jpg

10mm increment borer from Haglöf Sweden #dyatlovpass #1079book

mvOXtv1.jpg

10mm increment borer from Haglöf Sweden #dyatlovpass #1079book

xUrntQi.jpg

I win the gold! #dyatlovpass #1079book

uM2ydp9.jpg

Taking core sample #dyatlovpass #1079book

LpPVTYn.jpg

Aleksander Konstantinov taking core samples on the expedition in 2022 per my request. His borer is standard 5 mm #dyatlovpass #1079book

rPTI2iN.jpg

Asst. Prof. Momchil Panayotov, member of the Dendrology department of University of Forestry in Sofia. #dyatlovpass #1079book

Udostępnij

• Dodaj nową pozycję...