We’re pleased to reveal the schedule of events taking place at QuakeCon 2016!
QuakeCon 2016 opens on Thursday, August 4 th at 10am CT and will remain open through 12pm CT on August 7 th . The Annual QuakeCon Welcome will kick-off at 3pm CT and will feature a special look at Quake Champions in addition to attendee-exclusive gameplay presentations of Prey and Dishonored 2.
For those that can’t make it in time for Thursday’s Annual QuakeCon Welcome, Arkane Studios’ Harvey Smith and Raphael Colantonio will take the stage once again on Saturday, August 5 th at 2pm CT for encore presentations of Prey and Dishonored 2 – exclusively for attendees.
In addition to never-before- seen gameplay presentations, attendees will have the chance to experience DOOM multiplayer, Fallout Shelter on PC, The Elder Scrolls: Legends, and the latest in Bethesda VR in the Exhibit Hall. Please see the Featured Exhibit Hall Events and Activities section for full details on hours, exhibitors, and sponsors.
On Friday and Saturday, we’ll offer attendees the opportunity to see our developers and industry personalities discuss the importance of creating entertainment and give them behind-the- scenes looks at what went into developing the critically-acclaimed DOOM, and more! Full descriptions are included in the schedule below.
If you’re planning to attend, be sure to download the Official QuakeCon App on your Apple, Android, or Windows mobile device to ensure you don’t miss a thing! The app contains a full listing of daily events and will be continually updated throughout the show. We’ll be adding more event details in the coming weeks so stay tuned for updates!
Fans at home can check out Twitch.tv/Bethesda for live streaming of select panels and presentations, as well as Twitch.tv/QuakeCon to watch all of the official QuakeCon tournament action in real time!
As always, QuakeCon is free for general attendees thanks to the support of id Software and Bethesda Softworks, as well as the 2016 event sponsors and exhibitors, and the dedication of the QuakeCon volunteer staff. To pre-register as a general attendee for QuakeCon, visit: http://registration.quakecon.org. For more information on QuakeCon 2016, you can check out:www.quakecon.org.
FEATURED EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES Thursday, August 4th
Annual QuakeCon Welcome
3:00pm | Streaming Live from the Ventrilo Main Stage
Panel: Uncapped: DOOM and the Power of idTech 6
Moderated by Marty Stratton, Game Director
2:30pm -3:30pm | Sapphire Room
- Sit down with members of id Software’s technology team (Robert Duffy, Chief Technology Officer; Billy Khan, Lead Programmer; Tiago Sousa, Lead Rendering Programmer; Shale Williams, Technical Specialist) to get an inside look on how they drive technology decisions and push the limits on graphics, framerates, and performance.
Panel: Creating Worlds: A Discussion About Bringing Life to Games, Movies, and Books
Moderated by Andrea Rene and Geoff Keighley
3:30pm – 4:30pm | Streaming Live from Topaz Room
- Join Hugo Martin (id), Harvey Smith (Arkane), Ricardo Bare (Arkane), Andrew Reiner (Game Informer), Scott Porter (Actor), and Rick Malambri (Actor/Streamer) as they discuss the creative process and differences behind entertainment.
Fast as Hell: Live Speedrun
Moderated by Bethesda’s Global Community Lead, Matt Grandstaff and id’s Peter Sokal (Gameplay Systems Designer) and Kurt Loudy (AI Gameplay Designer)
4:30pm | Streaming Live from Sapphire Room
Watch as record-holder DraQu puts his world class speed-running abilities on display while playing DOOM running on Vulkan.
Master Pancake Theater
9:00pm – 12:00am | Ventrilo Main Stage
PC Perspective Hardware Workshop
10:00am – 12:00pm | Streaming Live from the Ventrilo Main Stage
- Get ready for two hours of prizes, games, and raffles during the annual PC Perspective Hardware Workshop
Panel: Creating Hell: The Art and Design of DOOM
Moderated by Adam Sessler
12:00pm – 1:00pm | Sapphire Room
- Join key members of id Software’s development team (Marty Stratton, Game Director; Hugo Martin, Creative Director; Shinichiro Hara, Animation Director; Jerry Keehan, Level Design Director; Chris Hite, Audio Director) to get a unique look at creating and designing DOOM’s epic single-player.
QuakeCon Attendee Exclusive Presentation of Prey and Dishonored 2
2:00pm | Ventrilo Main Stage
Panel: Bringers of DOOM
Moderated by David Houghton (GamesRadar+)
3:00pm – 4:00pm | Streaming Live from Topaz Room
- Join DOOM’s senior leadership team (Marty Stratton, Game Director; Hugo Martin, Creative Director; Robert Duffy, Chief Technology Officer) as they share stories about their journey to bring DOOM to a modern audience. Learn about their reactions to the post-launch acclaim as well as get an exclusive look at never-before-seen production assets and art.
Official QuakeCon Tournament Finals Party!
6:00pm | Streaming Live from the Ventrilo Main Stage
Participants in this year’s QuakeCon trials will need to complete five unique goals tied to DOOM, Dishonored, The Elder Scrolls Legends, Fallout Shelter, and Quake Champions for a chance to win raffle tickets for Ventrilo ‘Ultimate Power Up’ sweepstakes. All participants will also have an opportunity to win $5,000 during the QuakeCon Finals Party. The QuakeCon Trials will be held Thursday, August 4 th – Saturday, August 6 th from 10:00am – 5:30pm in the Exhibit Hall. Visit booth #212 to register.
FEATURED TABLE TOP VILLAGE ACTIVITIES
Table Top Village will be open for the duration of QuakeCon (Thursday, August 4 th at 10am – Sunday, August 7 th at 12pm) and the full schedule of events is available on the Official QuakeCon App and will continue to receive updates as we get closer to QuakeCon.
FEATURED EXHIBIT HALL EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
This year’s Exhibit Hall hours, exhibitors and sponsors are listed below. In addition to the schedule of events above, the Exhibit Hall’s Alienware Event Stage will feature numerous presentations and activities from our 2016 exhibitors and sponsors. The full Alienware Event Stage schedule is currently available on the Official QuakeCon App and will continue to receive updates as we get closer to the event.
Exhibit Hall Hours:
- Thursday, August 4 th : 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Friday, August 5 th : 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturday, August 6 th : 10:00am – 6:00pm
QuakeCon 2016 Sponsors
- Alienware (Premier Sponsor)
- AMD (Premier Sponsor)
- BenQ America Corp. (Premier Sponsor)
- Catalyst Mints
- DXRacer (Premier Sponsor)
- HTC VIVE
- Intel (Official Tournament Sponsor)
- Magic Box
- NVIDIA (Premier Sponsor)
- Ventrilo (Premier Sponsor)
QuakeCon 2016 Exhibitors:
- Altex Computers and Electronics
- Attic Space Games
- BAWLS Guarana
- BenQ America Corp.
- Bethesda Softworks
- Catalyst Mints
- Cheshire Cat Studios
- Corsair Components Inc
- CPU Magazine
- Dallas Pets Alive
- Devolver Digital
- Extra Life
- FSP Group USA
- Glitch Gaming Apparel
- Inspired by Nerd
- Modders, Inc.
- New Blood Interactive
- SolarFlare Games
- Steam Knight
- ThermalTake USA
- Think Geek