Skocz do zawartości

Zdjęcie

Tragedia na Przełęczy Diatłowa (1/2 luty 1959 r.)

• Zaloguj się, aby dodać odpowiedź
1089 odpowiedzi w tym temacie

#1021 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 28 grudzień 2018 - 20:36

45591035365_3066a57dce_o.jpg

Yury Yakimov’s theory
Yury Yakimov was a shift foreman from Severouralsk (a city in the north Urals, 178 km (110 miles) from the Dyatlov Pass).
His theory attempts to explain the nature of the injuries, the strange behavior and many other inconsistencies in the story of the Dyatlov group and is based on the author’s personal encounter with an unexplained phenomenon, which took place during a night shift in an open-pit mine in 2002.
The following – the remainder of this chapter – is a translated and condensed account in his own words.
45780478914_9ce631dccc_o.jpg
Yury Yakimov
On 11 September 2002 I was working as a night-shift foreman at the Ivdel unit of the Bauxite mine.
The night shifts generally lasted 12 hours, from 9 pm to 9 am.
At the time, we conducted operations at several sites located quite far away from each other (up to 12 km between the sites).
The mining equipment in №15 pit was at a standstill from the beginning of the shift because our trucks were all busy carrying ore from the №3 ore dump to the ore stockpile near Ivdel railway station.
These distant sites were quite far away from the pit, and the №15 pit with the installed equipment was located beside the main road over which the trucks transported ore.
There were no people in the pit from the beginning of the shift, and the equipment was unguarded.
Shortly after I started on this particular shift, it was getting dark.
I went to switch on the electric lights in the pit to illuminate the southern part of the №15 pit and examine the equipment.
There had been numerous thefts in the pits during that period, when thieves cut and carried away power cables, took wires off the power transmission lines and stole ferrous metal items to sell them to scrap collectors.
As I mentioned, equipment in the pits was unguarded and so shift foremen had to keep an eye on the equipment as well as get on with their work.
It was 11 pm and dark and I was walking down the road leading to №15 pit.
I was already near the transformer from which I could turn on the floodlights to illuminate the pit, when approximately 200 m away from me I saw a strange shaking white light moving up and down the side of a rock dump.
It was as if someone was sitting in a car with halogen headlights and was moving it around wildly.
The light bounced up and down the side of the dump.
The distance from the source of the light to the side of the dump that it was illuminating was about 100 m.
There was not a single sound, only leaves rustling in a slight breeze, and a little drizzling rain started falling.
Suddenly a beam of light from the unknown source started turning in my direction and shone on me across the forest.
I rushed off the road and ran to the transformer (it stood at the roadside), opened the transformer box door and turned on the lighting in the pit.
Lamps then illuminated the southern part of the pit, but the broad beam of light from the unknown source continued shining on me.
It flooded the whole of the forest around me with a bright white light.
The light itself was as bright as day and it seemed as if the trees had no shadows.
I stood behind the electrical box, near the transformer, with my face turned away.
There were two or three minutes of agonizing suspense, then the broad beam of bright white light slowly moved away from me.
Everything was still quiet.
I looked again in the direction of the source of the strange light and saw how the beam of light from the source again started moving towards me.
I noticed a couple of flashlights had separated from the source and were moving in my direction.
At first there were two of them and they seemed to be swinging.
They moved fairly quickly across the forest towards me.
I turned away then looked up again.
Now there were four or five of them, maybe more.
They struggled through the forest as if enveloping tree trunks.
It was as if several people with strong torches were moving through the thick forest trying to spot me.
Unintentionally, I looked away again and froze.
Immediately the torches left me alone.
There was something very strange going on.
These were certainly not thieves.
It was something different, very strange and unusual.
I realized that I had witnessed an amazing and unusual phenomenon.
Clearly, this source of light seemed to react to my glance, it dazzled me with its light and sent the swinging torches in my direction.
When I turned or looked away to where the source of light could not be seen, the torches did not react to me.
Nor did they react to the lamps (two of them) that illuminated the southern part of the pit.
I went down the temporary exit road in the western part of the pit and examined the shovel and the feeder cable.
Everything was intact.
There were no tracks of a vehicle either in the pit or on the road near the pit.
The road was wet after the rain and any track would have been visible.
There were no other roads leading to this pit.
While down in the pit I kept thinking of the unusual dancing lights.
What were they?
Where did they come from?
Why did they react to my glance?
As I was leaving the pit I again saw the continuing dancing of light on the side of the rock dump.
I looked to the right, in the direction of its source, and again a beam of light immediately came in my direction.
The same thing was happening again.
There was no doubt.
The source of light appeared to react to a human glance.
It was something I could not explain.
I felt weird from the strangeness of what I had seen and I felt anxious and uneasy.
To put on a show of bravado, I shouted as loud as I could, ‘Hey! Hello! What’s up?’
Then I whistled and cursed.
But the inexplicable light phenomenon did not react either to my curses, or to the whistling.
And then, from far away, the wind brought the roar of an approaching heavy loaded truck.
There was no reaction from the source of unusual light to this sound.
I looked again at the light dancing on the side of the dump.
Once again, a beam of light from the source came in my direction.
I did not want to tempt fate any longer and left the place.
I walked to the fork of the main road and soon the truck with a load of ore appeared.
I climbed into the cabin and told the driver what I had just seen.
I felt he was wary of what I was saying, but I didn’t try to convince him or prove anything.
I felt extremely tired, sluggish and jaded.
Probably it was because I couldn’t get rid of the feeling of anxiety and danger that I felt as a result of the strange light.
As usual, after midnight at 1 am, the shift workers gathered in the canteen.
I told them about what I saw in the №15 pit.
Their reaction was of the sort, ‘We would be happy to believe you, but what you are saying is just too incredible.
Perhaps it was your imagination?’
Who knows?
I personally would not have believed it if someone else had told me such a story.
But I had seen it and I could not just get it out of my head.
For a brief moment I even had a crazy idea to go back there, to the pit, to break through to that source of light and see what there was behind it all.
But the feeling of anxiety and danger from what I had seen did not leave me, and I gave up the idea.
For the rest of the night the trucks continued carrying ore from the №3 intermediate ore dump to the railway station stockpile and did not stop off near the №15 pit where I had seen the unusual light.
In the morning at about 7 am, when dawn had already broken, the trucks started carrying ore from the №15 pit to the ore dump.
No tracks of other cars or vehicles could be seen after the night rain on the wet road leading to the №15 pit.
There was not a trace near the place where I had watched the unusual light source either.
Where the light had come from and how it had appeared in the №15 pit – and where it had gone – remained unclear.
It left no trace of its presence. Everyone refused to believe me when I tried to tell them what had happened.
‘This is just your imagination.
Things do happen sometimes …’
Should I have tried once again to prove that I was not seeing things?
But what did I have in order to prove what I was saying?
No tracks and no evidence.
Eventually I stopped thinking about it.
After a few days, the story of the light that had reacted to a human glance was almost forgotten.
Then, after a week or two, late in September 2002, I got a copy of the newspaper Za boksity.
I had been subscribing to the paper for several years.
The paper came with a supplement entitled Ecoved, dated September 2002, №9/29, and it gave information about the Denezhkin Kamen nature reserve located in the territory of the Severouralsk district.
Under the heading ‘News from Forest Cordon’, I read this: An unusual phenomenon has been reported by Reserve Forest Rangers V. Yefimov and V. S. Rudkovskiy when they were returning from their inspection round of the Yelovskiy Ridge.
At 9 pm the rangers’ attention was attracted by a bright electrical light ‘as if from a projector’ directed from west to east.
One of the eyewitnesses described the unusual phenomenon:
‘I looked harder and saw that it looked as if two people were moving in my direction holding torches.
The weather was clear and it was quiet.
I decided to get nearer and see who it might be.
When I was about 5 or 10 metres from the fire the number of torches suddenly increased to seven.
I hid behind a Cedar and cautiously looked out, but was immediately dazzled with the light coming as if from a projector.
There was some ‘set’ in front of me which, for some reason or other, reacted to a glance only, and in no way to a glowing cigarette.
At 1.30am I heard a loud bang.
The light went off.
I went to sleep and slept quietly until morning, nothing else happened.
At 7.30 in the morning I walked around, but saw nothing suspicious.
I put the paper aside.
Wow!
It was almost the same as what I had seen two weeks before, on 11 September 2002, near the №15 pit!
The main thing was the light that came from an unknown source and reacted to a human glance, and the swinging torches that advanced when a person looked at them.
I felt I had to get in touch immediately with these rangers, talk to them and ask about details.
At least find out the date when they met with this phenomenon.
Was it on 11 September 2002, or some other days in September?
Judging by the weather, this had been a different day.
I estimated the distance on the map.
Pit №15 is located in the 11th quarter of the Laks forestry area.
It is about 40 km north-east of the place where the rangers of the Denezhkin Kamen reserve saw this ‘light phenomenon’ from their night camp.
At the bottom of the Ecoved I found the address of the Denezhkin Kamen administration and the telephone numbers.
I rang the management office.
I explained to the people there that I had seen a phenomenon similar to what their forest rangers V. Yefimov and V. Rudkovskiy saw.
I wanted to meet them and talk it over with them.
The answer was that the rangers were in the forest doing their rounds and no one knew when they would be back.
In October/November 2002 I called the office again three times, but received the same answer: they were still in the forest, and no one could say when they would be back.
So, at that time, my attempt to meet and talk to them failed.
With time, my interest regarding the matter faded.
Not that I had forgotten about what had happened, it was just because the everyday routine of work had moved it to the far corner of my mind.
Also, I did not think of it as anything significant.
I never thought that I would, at some point, get back to the events of that night.
Over three years passed.
On 9 January 2006, close to midnight, I was at home watching TV.
I pushed the buttons on the TV remote control searching for an interesting programme.
My attention was drawn to a programme called A Mystical Hike on one of the local TV channels.
I saw just the last ten minutes of it. However,
I had time to understand that it was a story of the Dyatlov tourist group who perished in February 1959 in the north of the Sverdlovsk Oblast in mysterious circumstances: nine tourists in great haste had left their tent near Mount Kholat Syakhl, with almost no clothes, almost barefoot – and froze, all of them.
It came to me that the place was close to where I had been working in the mine.
What was it that made the tourists leave the tent in such a hurry?
Maybe they met with the same phenomenon that I saw near the №15 pit in the vicinity of Ivdel, and which the rangers in the Denezhkin Kamen reserve also saw in September 2002?
Maybe this had been the cause of their death?
I remembered that once I came across some publications in the press relating to details of the deaths of the nine members of Dyatlov’s group who were tourists from UPI.
Also a long time ago I once came across a book in which the characters were copied from the dead Dyatlov students.
The information about the incident was extremely scanty.
All the information I came across regarding the deaths seemed to consist more of rumours than fact.
Somewhere, someone had heard or read about it.
I began to search in the libraries for as much information as possible about the tourist group in the north of the Sverdlovsk Oblast.
I wanted to then try and compare what the nature reserve rangers and myself had seen in September 2002 with the tragic incident that befell Dyatlov’s group in February 1959.
Could it be that we had met with the same phenomenon that killed the ski hikers?
I decided I must meet the rangers V. Yefimov and V. Rudkovskiy, as they would have more detailed and extensive information than what was described in a brief article in Ecoved.
I spent several days in libraries searching for materials or any publications on the Dyatlov group deaths, or anything related to the subject.
In the technical library of the SevUralBauxiteRuda (SUBR) JSC they told me that they had heard and read about the Dyatlov tragedy in 1959, but no materials were available in the library.
The library of V. Cheryomukhovo had nothing on the subject either.
At the Central City Library I searched the card index, but again, in vain.
All the librarians had heard something about the incident, but material about the mysterious tragedy could not be found.
I was advised to contact the City Library branch located in the House of Culture known as ‘Sovremennik’.
There was a telephone number.
It was my last hope to find any material on the subject in our district.
If I failed there, I would have to contact the UPI tourist club, who I was sure would tell me where to find materials on the Dyatlov group deaths.
Irina Akinshina, a librarian at the ‘Sovremennik’, found a few newspapers and magazines with information about the tragedy.
I am very thankful to her for that.
I picked most of the information from the magazine Ural №12 for 2000 and №1 for 2001, from the story ‘The Dyatlov Pass’, by Anna Matveyeva.
Here I learned all about the tragic event.
Simultaneously, while searching for materials about the Dyatlov group, I was trying to locate the rangers Yefimov and Rudkovskiy.
These were the two who were mentioned in the newspaper Ecoved in September 2002 and who had witnessed an unusual light phenomenon.
I wanted to hear more details from them.
Could it be that such a light phenomenon was the prime cause of the Dyatlov group deaths?
I was lucky to get the director of the nature reserve on the phone.
I introduced myself and explained to her the situation and why I wanted to meet the rangers.
She answered that Yefimov had quit the job quite a long time ago, and Rudkovskiy was again in the forest in the reserve.
She was unable to give me Rudkovskiy’s home address and said, ‘You would be better to apply to UFOlogists on that issue.
Yefimov is an expert in alien worlds and the newspaper note is most likely his story.’
I sensed that she was not very convinced about such matters as strange light phenomena.
It was understandable.
Why should she be bothered with any mystical and strange events?
I asked her where I could find Yefimov.
Her response was, ‘He is from other parts.
I don’t know where he lives and works at present.’
I learned from other workers at the nature reserve that Yefimov was probably for some time employed at the Nordwood logging company.
I visited their office only to learn that no one knew V. Yefimov and that no such person had ever worked there.
It was proving to be a hard job to find him.
I thought about putting an ad in a newspaper, but he might have left the district altogether.
I still hoped to meet Rudkovskiy.
The world is not without the good people.
And good people gave me his address in the third severny settlement.
I went to the settlement, found the flat where he lived and knocked at the door.
A lean but strong old man with a bushy beard opened the door.
It was him, Valentin Rudkovskiy.
I introduced myself and in some confusion explained the aim of my visit, that I had seen a light phenomenon similar to the one he saw in September 2002.
I wanted to hear his story in more detail, I said.
This was not just curiosity, but rather an opportunity to understand and explain the death of the people in 1959.
I also told him about my attempts to find him back in 2002 after the short publication in the Ecoved.
He met me with interest and was very kind.
We had a long talk that night.
He was over 60 then.
For many years he had worked as a drilling foreman in a geological survey party and when the company closed, he was offered a position as a State Inspector (Forest Ranger) in the Denezhkin Kamen nature reserve.
It was just the job for him: he liked the forest and felt that in the Taiga he was in his element.
He showed me the nature reserve maps.
He even found his observations diary for August 2002.
Rangers keep such diaries, where they enter their daily observations of weather, reserve patrolling routes, state of the forest, animal and bird life, and generally everything they see and note on their way.
Valentin told me the story of the night spent in the №357 forest quarter in every detail.
The quarter was located north-west of Mount Denezhkin Kamen (1,492 m).
It was then that I learned that he was alone on that night, without V. Yefimov.
And the story he told me had happened not in September but in August 2002.
I asked his permission to put down his story.
Here is what I got in the end, looking more like a formal account of the event:
44687130920_62b531e563_o.jpg
Valentin Stepanovich Rudkovskiy
I, Rudkovskiy, Valentin Stepanovich, a State Inspector of the Denezhkin Kamen Nature Reserve, have on 29 August 2002 become witness to an unusual phenomenon in the following circumstances: I was on my way back from the Yelovskiy Ouval, where I made my records, to the Solva tract, and not far from the quarter pole in quarter 357 had to stop for the night in the woods.
I was alone and I made a fire about 70 m from the quarter pole 357–343.
I made tea but had not yet eaten.
Suddenly, at 2200 hrs, I saw a beam of strong light.
The impression was of a neon or halogen floodlight.
It pierced the forest to a depth of about a kilometer.
The source of light was at some height above the ground, which I could not define, and shone at a distance of 150–200 m from me in the west–east direction.
I started looking in the eastern direction, when suddenly, from that side, I saw two swinging spotlights appear, the impression was of people moving extremely fast in my direction as I stood looking at them.
I thought someone was joking, or wanted to scare me and get near my fire.
I dressed quickly and decided to scare them myself.
I put on my boots, grabbed the gun and went to meet them.
I walked about 20m, then lay behind a fallen tree trunk and looked in the direction of the spotlights.
They rushed very fast in my direction exactly at the moment I looked at them.
All was quiet.
Not a single sound could be heard.
I raised myself from behind the tree trunk.
The spotlights were approximately 50–70m away from me, but they were no longer two, but seven or eight now.
They dazzled me.
Immediately I lay on the ground behind the tree trunk and turned away from the spotlights.
Whenever I raised my head to look at them, they would again shine on me, and dazzle me while approaching.
So I spent about one and a half hours lying on the ground behind the tree trunk.
I did not look at the source of light.
I realized at that time that I had met something unusual, and that those had not been people but something else that could not be explained.
All was quiet as before, no strange sounds.
I noted that the spotlights reacted to my eye only and decided to check whether it was true.
I struck a match and lit a cigarette – no reaction.
Then, in one and a half hours, I saw that the spotlights had moved and were now shining on me not from the east but from the north, still at a distance of 50– 70m from me.
The distance between the spotlights and the main source of light was approximately 100m.
I went near my fire trying not to look, either at the source or at the spotlights.
The fire was already down, I threw in more firewood, warmed my meal and ate.
And then I saw that there was another beam of light from the source, now going not in the east–west but in the north–south direction as well, that is the one and the same source was now emitting beams of strong light, like that of floodlights, in two directions at approximately 90°.
The light illuminated every blade of grass, the trees threw no shade.
I was not looking at the source of light.
I lit a cigarette and smoked, sitting with my back against a cedar tree.
In all the time the light was there I made no sounds and did not shoot.
At 2.30 am I heard a snapping sound as if from an electric discharge and the light was gone.
Then I felt a strong gust of wind which lasted some two to three minutes.
Then all was quiet again.
I spent the rest of the night near the fire.
In the morning I went around the place where I saw the source of light and spotlights, but noted nothing unusual or suspicious.
The next day I went near to the village of Solva.
I described the unusual phenomenon I had seen to my colleagues, V.M. Yefimov and A.N. Degtyarev.
A former worker of the Denezhkin Kamen nature reserve, Ye Karpusheva, asked me in detail about this unusual phenomenon.
Soon after that, a description of this event appeared in the September 2002 issue of Ecoved.
I hereby certify as true the above, as recorded from my words.
Valentin seemed anxious after recalling this event.
He made a sketch of the forest quarters, the position of the light source, the movement and trajectory of the spotlights and where he lay for one and a half hours behind a tree trunk.
I saw that these memories and the story had an effect on him.
I asked him some questions and he responded as follows: – Will you show me the place where you spent the night and saw the light? – Sure I will if you want.
Although the Mansi advised me not to go there anymore.
– Who else might have seen such a phenomenon at that time? – I was alone there.
The next day I went to Solva and told V. Yefimov about it, and later to V. Borodyuk, and also to the senior ranger A.N. Degtyarev.
– Where can I find them, to have a talk on the issue? – Degtyarev has now left the nature reserve, he now lives somewhere in Cheryomukhovo; V. Borodyuk now lives near the Kalya [a river in Karelia, in the north-west of European Russia], he has a house there, but I don’t know his exact address.
Yefimov lived for some time in Severouralsk.
It is two years now since he had left the job at the nature reserve.
I have heard nothing of him since then.
If you happen to see them, give my regards.
It was time to say goodbye.
Valentin gave me the nature reserve quarters map so I could easily take my bearings and find quarter №357.
We agreed to meet some time after and continue our talk.
I took a picture of my hospitable friend and promised to bring him the photo.
I needed some time to think over the information I had received from him.
I had absolutely no doubt that what he had seen was the same light phenomenon.
There was almost a complete similarity in what he saw on 29 August 2002 and what I saw on 11 September 2002, except for a couple of conflicting details in the initial information picked from the newspaper.
In Ecoved newspaper it was said that two rangers, V. Yefimov and V. Rudkovskiy, were in the woods on that night, but then it turns out that only Rudkovskiy was there.
Why?
The dates of the night in quarter 357 were also different: in September according to the newspaper and on 29 August 2002 as asserted by Rudkovskiy.
Certainly I asked Valentin about this, but he could not give a definite answer why, as so much time had passed.
There was some confusion, loss of information.
As he explained: ‘Girls from the Denezhkin Kamen office asked me to tell them about it.
In fact that was almost a month after the event.
I gave some superficial explanation, and that was all.
The article in the paper appeared later.’
I needed to look into this conflict between the newspaper information and the story told by Rudkovskiy.
If I had met him immediately in 2002, it might have been easier, while the trail was still hot.
But now, more than three years later, the task was getting more complicated.
I had to know the exact date of Rudkovskiy’s night in quarter 357.
This could be established by the observation diaries of Rudkovskiy and Yefimov for September 2002.
I wondered whether they had noted the fact of a night camp in quarter 357, and if the diaries still existed at all.
Again, I called the nature reserve director, Anna Kvashnina.
I told her about my meeting with Rudkovskiy and asked her to clarify the date of the event.
I also asked her if I could see Rudkovskiy’s diary for September 2002.
Her answer was that the diaries were kept in the archives in the office in Vsevolozhsk.
She said: ‘Nobody is going to search for anything for you.
Get in touch with the worker for the nature reserve, Galina Neustroyeva, and go along and see for yourself.’
What an opportunity … to get hold of the observation diaries for September 2002!
I decided to go to Vsevolozhsk immediately.
Galina Neustroyeva, a lab assistant, advised me on the telephone how to find the nature reserve office in Vsevolozhsk.
We agreed that I would catch the first bus there, and she would find the rangers’ diaries for me.
I wanted to make sure from the diaries that V. Rudkovskiy met with the ‘light set’ on 29 August 2002 and not in September 2002, as the account in Ecoved newspaper asserted.
It was the end of January 2006, biting frost, minus 30°C with a strong wind.
As I waited at a bus stop I was frozen to the bone, despite my sheepskin coat and felt boots.
Just then I thought of the members of the Dyatlov group on the side of Mount Kholat Syakhl open to winds, on that night of 1/2 February 1959, when they were left without their warm clothes, shoes, hats, mittens, far from warm houses, and without hope of help from anywhere.
How long could they stand that?
What was it that made them leave the tent so hastily, without clothes, without an opportunity to get back?
I found the office in Vsevolozhsk in a small house in Plaksina Street.
Galina brought the observation diaries of rangers Rudkovskiy and Yefimov for September 2002.
I sat down and started reading.
On the nature reserve map I traced their routes in every forest quarter in September.
Neither Rudkovskiy nor Yefimov had been to the Yelovskiy Ouval in September 2002.
I looked at the date: 11 September 2002, exactly the day I watched the ‘light phenomenon’ in the Ivdel district near the №15 pit.
Here is the record made by V. Rudkovskiy, dated 11 September 2002: t + 6 °C Small rain r. Solva – r. Kriv Quarter 439 – woodcock Quarter 455 – grouse Quarter 499 – grey hen took wing Quarter 499 – bear’s marks
The weather on that day was the same as in the Ivdel district near the №15 pit, but on that day V. Rudkovskiy was too far away from quarter 357.
Also, in Rudkovskiy’s diary for September 2002, there was no mention of a night camp in the woods.
I remembered Valentin mentioning that it was his habit to make a note of every night he spent in the woods in his diaries.
The September 2002 inspection routes of Rudkovskiy and Yefimov were also different.
Clearly, Rudkovskiy’s observation of the ‘light phenomenon’ had occurred – but on 29 August 2002, not in September.
He was also alone.
The date was now clear.
I said goodbye to Galina and caught the next bus from Vsevolozhsk.
It was now important to locate and talk to the people who met Rudkovskiy after his encounter with the ‘light phenomenon’.
They may add or at least clarify certain things.
After some time I was lucky to find former nature reserve workers who were mentioned by Rudkovskiy: A. Degtyarev in Cheryomukhovo, V. Borodyuk on the Kalya, and even V. Yefimov in Severouralsk.
I talked with Degtyarev over the telephone, and personally met with the other two.
All of them remembered Rudkovskiy’s story of the ‘light phenomenon’ reacting to a human glance, which he had seen on the night he spent in quarter 357.
All of them talked of Valentin as a knowledgeable forest ranger and a good and honest person whose words could be trusted.
I gave them regards from him.
I asked Yefimov why his name was mentioned as a witness of the ‘light phenomenon’ in the Ecoved story, despite the fact that he had not been there at that time.
He said: ‘You see, it might be that the nature reserve management gave one errand for two to perform.
To make it quicker we might separate.
I think this was the case that time.
That is how my name got in the story, by a mere chance.
Despite that, I wasn’t with him that night. Rudkovskiy was alone.’
Okay, so another discrepancy was cleared up.
I was told: ‘Well, well, you were really lucky to make Valentin talk about that case.
He has never been too talkative.’
I replied: ‘Oh, you see this is probably because we had both had the same experience, only at different times and places, we had plenty to talk about.’
So, what had happened to the nine skiers on 1 February 1959?
I tried to look at the situation, bearing in mind the results of the investigation of the Dyatlov case and the group’s diaries, and to reconstruct the tragedy in the context of the ‘light phenomenon’ observations of 29 August 2002 and 11 September 2002.
What follows is how I see the events that led to a tragedy on the eastern slope of Mount Kholat Syakh.
On the fifth day of the ski trip the group decided to make camp for the night in a tent on the eastern slope of Mount Kholat Syakhl.
Most probably, they wanted to start for Mount Otorten at dawn the next day.
With a view to using the remaining daylight, approximately at 5 pm they set up the tent with the entrance looking south, and stacked backpacks and other things inside.
Someone of the group took the last photo as the tent was being set up.
With them they had food for two to three days, an axe, a saw, a small camp stove that could be suspended inside the tent.
The stove was filled with firewood they had brought along from the previous camp.
The edge of the forest was some 1.5km away from the tent, and there was no other place to take firewood from.
The temperature was getting lower towards nightfall and a strong wind blew.
According to the investigation data, the air temperature in the region on that day was minus 25–30°C, with a strong wind.
A campfire and cooking a hot dinner in the open was out of the question.
They did not have enough firewood for that, and the strong wind would prevent it.
Most probably Thibeaux-Brignolle, or Tibo as friends called him, was ‘on duty’ that night.
The rest took their places in the tent.
They took off their outer garments, footwear and hats and lay trying to make themselves warm with their breath, under blankets and their outerwear.
They had no sleeping bags, just blankets.
There was not much space inside the tent, so all, except for the one on duty, either sat or lay in their places.
Each member of the group in turn made records in the group diary of the trip, additionally some of them kept personal diaries, but on that night not a single entry was made.
They probably planned to do so after the stove was fired and it got warmer in the tent.
They were preparing for a snack: brisket was sliced, and crackers were taken out.
There was some coffee in flasks left from the last camp.
Tibo, as the man on duty, stayed with his outerwear and boots on.
After 6 pm, already in almost complete darkness, Tibo leaves the tent with a flashlight ‘to do a number one’ and is surprised to see a white swinging light probably coming in the south–north direction.
Like from a projector, the beam hits the slope of the mountain where the tent stands.
Tibo cries to the others in the tent that he sees something very unusual.
Being a realist and a materialist (and just out of curiosity) he wants to have a closer look to understand what this might be.
He even points his flashlight in the direction of the light source.
At this instance the source of light reacts to his glance, changes the direction of the beam and floods Tibo and the tent with bright white light.
Immediately a few torches, or projectors, separate from the source.
They swing and approach, catch his glance, and while Tibo continues to look in amazement, an approaching torch sends a strong pointed shock-wave pulse with a bright light flash aimed at the man’s glance.
Involuntarily, Tibo turns his face away to the left from the dazzling flash of light, and the pointed shock wave hits him in the temple, he sustains the ‘fracture of the right temporal bone’.
He cries in pain and falls unconscious.
He lets go of the flashlight, which lands on the tent roof (later rescuers will find this flashlight lying there).
Zolotaryov and Dubinina rush to him from the tent.
They bend over their friend lying on the ground and try to pull him to the tent entrance.
Zolotaryov is in front, Dubinina is behind.
They hold Tibo and from their bent position look at the swinging torches, searching for a human glance.
Maybe they see something even more horrible and inexplicable.
They also get a blow of a pointed shock wave, which was probably aimed at their glance, but due to their abruptly raised heads and change of position, they receive a blow in the ribs.
Zolotaryov sustains ‘five broken ribs on the right side on the breast and mid-axillary line, with haemorrhage into axillary muscle’.
He was in a bent position, with his right side exposed to the light and shock-wave source.
Dubinina has ‘four broken ribs at left on the mid-clavicular and mid-axillary line and six ribs at right on the mid-clavicular line’, i.e. she looks behind her at the source of light and shock wave and she gets a blow in her back.
This causes her tongue to tear off.
If they were standing still at the moment of the shock-wave pulse, the blow would have hit their glance, their eyes.
All three received very serious wounds, but two of them had nevertheless retained an ability to move for some time.
According to the autopsy, such injuries could not have been inflicted either by a stone or a fall on stones, since the skin and the soft tissues remained undamaged.
The above injuries are very much like an injury from an air-shock wave.
The possibility is not excluded that those three were not just badly injured by a shock wave, but also dazzled by a bright flash of light coming from the swinging torches or from the source of light and preceding the shock wave.
Involuntarily, they reacted to this bright painful flash of light and changed their body position.
In a brief moment they were hit by a pointed shock wave.
Thibeaux-Brignolle was unconscious, but he could have still shown signs of life for two to three hours.
Dubinina might have lived ten to twenty minutes after being injured.
She might have stayed conscious.
Zolotaryov, being less injured, might have lived longer.
In the heat of the moment, both Dubinina and Zolotaryov could have continued moving by themselves.
The other six tourists, already preparing to sleep in their places in the tent, get alarmed.
The light appearing from nowhere and penetrating into the tent through the curtain, the groans of their friends crying that they have been wounded by light torches …
Maybe it was something even more terrible and aggressive that they saw near the tent.
It may be that, besides the blast wave, as these torches got nearer they emitted a narrow-focused infrasonic beam of energy (pulse), which acted physically on the tourists, inflicting mortal wounds and psychologically affecting the other six in the tent.
‘The human hearing capacity lies in the range from 16 to 20,000 Hz.
Sounds above or below this range act on the human body.
Infrasound in the range of 7– 8 Hz is the most dangerous for humans.
It is the frequency at which many human internal organs oscillate; 7 Hz is the average frequency of brain alpha-rhythms.
A sufficiently high infrasound amplitude (volume) may be the cause of rupture of vital organs, epileptic seizures, bouts of panic’ (magazine Kaleidoscope, №28, 10 July 2006).
Could it be that Lyuda Dubinina lost her tongue due to the effect of infrasound?
The others in the tent were also affected by infrasound but to a lesser degree.
They were not injured but the infrasound made them panic.
Panic breaks out in the tent.
Where to run from these lights, those swinging and killing projector-torches?
There is no escape through the tent entrance!
The escape is blocked by the raging light!
Someone cuts the tent wall from inside, they rush out, having no time to put on their outerwear.
They don’t know yet that they must just turn away from the light, not to look at the torches, and then, in a minute or two, those killing torches would move away and leave them alone.
But they did not and could not know that.
It was enough for just one of them to keep looking at the swinging torches for the light to stay near.
The territory around the tent was flooded with the white flouncing light.
It made them run, without their clothes on, away from the tent, away from that terrible place.
Were they panic-stricken?
I think yes.
That period of contact with an unknown ‘light force’ and the action of infrasound inside and outside the tent was the period of utter panic.
This is only natural, given the extreme situation they were in.
This is confirmed by the fact they had run so far away from the tent without warm clothes, which was a sure way to death on the cold and windy winter night.
A similar view regarding the start of the tragedy was expressed by Alexsey Koskin, a tourist who had visited the Dyatlov Pass.
In a letter to the editor of a Moscow newspaper he expressed the view that the members of the group were alerted by something outside the tent and the first three who went outside were confronted by something dangerous, which I believe was the shock wave.
I believe the skiers tried to pull themselves together, they took Tibo who was unconscious and, helping the other wounded, started moving away from the tent in an organised way, down the slope.
The half-dressed tourists were moving down, towards the edge of the forest, not in the direction of their storage shed by following their own previous day’s ski track, but further north.
Why?
Simply because in the direction they had come from by day there was now the source of light, and danger.
They could not have moved in that direction.
Willingly or unwillingly, someone would look back at the light, and the light responded to their glance and pointed its beams at them, and this made them move further and further, down the slope and away from the tent.
One of the skiers who was the last in the line followed the track made by the others, carrying unconscious Tibo on his back.
Lyuda Dubinina, badly wounded, was moving with someone’s help, then she was also carried.
Wounded Zolotaryov moved by himself.
Twenty-five days later, the rescue party found the tent and human tracks of pressed snow, the ‘columns’ of footprints leading 500m away from the tent.
The February winds blew loose snow from the mountain slope, leaving only the snow ‘columns’ of human footprints.
A path made in snow by human feet keeps until all the snow thaws away.
Virgin snow near the path gets blown away or sets down from the warm air in spring, while the pressed snow columns stay longer and would be the last ones to thaw.
So the skiers left this 500m long track of pressed snow ‘columns’.
The snow near the ‘columns’ was gone with the wind so, when found by the rescue party on 26 February 1959, the tracks rose above the coat of snow.
Two, or maybe three, wounded tourists were dragged over the snow.
The closer to the forest, the deeper became the snow.
Sinking in 2m deep snow, with tremendous effort the tourists carrying their wounded stopped at the edge of the forest near a cedar standing on its own.
Judging by the tracks, they covered this almost 2km distance in about one and a half to two hours.
The wind was still very strong near the cedar, so the wounded were carried 70m further down, near the frozen stream.
The snow was very deep there, but the wind was not so strong.
There, the beams of light did not follow them, and they did not see the light any more, since it stayed higher up on the mountain, near the tent.
The tourists cut spruce branches for the wounded and started making a hole in deep snow to hide them from wind and frost.
Already all the members of the Dyatlov group had their feet, hands and faces frostbitten.
On the cold, windy night they were left without outer garments, mittens and caps.
The tourists realised that without warm garments they would not live until morning and would surely freeze.
What to do in such a situation?
It might be good to make a big fire to get warm until morning.
Why did they not do that?
Most probably, they abstained from making a big fire for fear of attracting the lights, to avoid a repetition of the horror they had felt near the tent.
They probably supposed that the light of a candle in the tent, a burning match or a flashlight had provoked the aggressive action of that unknown light force against them.
They did not know that the ‘light set’ did not react to the light of a campfire, or an electric torch, or noise.
It only responded to a human glance.
They could not move deeper into the forest either, because they had not the strength to carry the wounded across that deep snow and could not leave them alone.
They also understood that they should not go too far from the tent, because their clothes and skis were there and they would need them to get out of the Taiga to civilization.
It is tens of kilometers to any inhabited places.
They could only rely on themselves.
They dug a hole in deep snow near the frozen stream and hid their wounded from the wind and cold.
Kolevatov stayed with his wounded companions, who were probably already dead from mortal wounds.
His foot is dislocated, bandaged with a piece of cloth.
The remaining five go 50–70m to the stand-alone cedar.
They understand that they need to get back to the tent.
Once there, they would collect the tent, the stove and clothes and bring them on skis down to the wounded.
They would then make the wounded warm and get warm themselves.
But the flouncing light that has wounded their friends is still there, near the tent.
Rustem Slobodin climbs up the cedar to see the tent.
Breaking the lower dry branches with his frostbitten hands, and leaving pieces of skin from his palms, he climbs up the cedar to a height of 5m.
He can see from this height the tent flooded with the light, but the cedar branches close the view.
He breaks branches to make an opening for a better view.
The branches, though thick, give way easily in the frost (cedar is a generally fragile tree).
Slobodin sees that the dancing light is still there, near the tent.
He feels very cold up the tree, but continues watching.
At approximately 10.30 pm the skiers hear a strong snapping sound as of an electric discharge.
Slobodin cries from the cedar that the light near the tent is gone, and that means the way to the tent is open (Ranger Rudkovskiy reported hearing a similar sound before the light was gone on 29 August 2002).
At this moment, a squally wind rises and blows Slobodin from the cedar.
Falling, he tries to grab branches with his frostbitten hands, but they break under his weight.
He falls down and hits his head on the tree trunk or protruding roots.
Slobodin was found with an injury: ‘cranial vault fracture 6cm long, with a parting up to 0.1cm’.
In the heat of the moment Slobodin pays no attention to his bad wound and wants to crawl to the tent.
In two to three minutes the squally wind dies down.
After that, Igor Dyatlov decides to make a small fire from cedar branches to serve as a light landmark for those crawling across the snow to the tent.
Two of them, Doroshenko and Krivonischenko, stay to support the fire, while Dyatlov, Slobodin and Zina Kolmogorova make for the tent.
It is a hard job to make their way up the slope in deep snow.
It is like pulling up your body from a boggy marsh at every step.
Why did they not use their old trail to get to the tent?
It may be that the blizzard had swept all traces, and they feared to take the wrong direction in the dark and fail to find the tent.
Or probably they decided that they would reach the tent quicker moving in a straight line, with the fire acting as a landmark behind them.
Desperately, with their last strength, the three half-dressed frostbitten tourists try to make their way to the tent across deep snow.
Their palms and feet get numb and stiff.
The tormenting pain of frostbite rises higher and higher in the body.
Their bodies tremble from hypothermia and cramps.
There is no way to escape the cold and the biting wind.
To get warm they try to crawl faster across the snow.
But they quickly lose strength and breath.
The last bits of strength and warmth are lost.
They get sleepy.
Their life forces are exhausted.
They freeze.
George Krivonischenko and Yury Doroshenko supported the fire as long as they could, it kept on for one and a half to two hours, but it could not make them warm.
They put their frostbitten feet and hands into the fire but did not feel the pain.
They froze.
Rescuers found them near the cedar tree with burnt hands and feet.
By midnight, only Kolevatov was still alive.
He had been given the task to stay in the depression near the stream close to the wounded Thibeaux-Brignolle and Lyuda Dubinina, and to wait for the others to come back with the tent and clothes.
Kolevatov goes up to the cedar, finds Krivonischenko and Doroshenko dead, cuts their clothes off with a knife and brings the clothes to the wounded.
The clothes cut and taken off Doroshenko and Krivonischenko were later found on the dead body of mortally wounded Lyuda Dubinina.
Would she still have been alive then?
Hardly probable.
Kolevatov could not believe that she was dead and tried to make her life last as long as he could, and could not leave her.
So he froze near her, waiting in vain for his friends to come back with the tent and warm things.
Cold death has taken him too.
At about 2 am it was all over.
The blizzard was covering over with snow the dead, cold bodies of the nine tourists.
My description of what had happened to the Dyatlov group from the moment of setting up the tent on the slope of Mount Kholat Syakhl to the death of the last of the tourists is not yet an established fact.
This is my own version of the incident or, if you like, a new version of the tragedy.
It is based on the diary records of the tourists, the materials of the investigation, and the facts I personally met with on 11 September 2002 in the Ivdel district, and what V. Rudkovskiy saw on 29 August 2002 in the Denezhkin Kamen nature reserve.
One should not try to find a logical explanation of the developments of this tragedy.
Why had the skiers acted so?
Why had they moved in that direction and not in the other?
Many of their actions on 1 February 1959 seem wrong and illogical to us.
But they were without clothes, and they all froze.
They were in an extreme situation, and could not have acted otherwise.
No one knew what to do in that situation, in the presence of that ‘light set’.
They all fought for their lives desperately to the end.
The main mystery is the fact that the whole of the group left the tent.
One of the members of the rescue party, V. Karelin, who had known them all well, wrote: ‘The people in the Dyatlov group were such that they could have become scared only by something extraordinary, something that was out of the ordinary course of things.’
I think that it was the ‘light set’ that appeared with the fall of the night on the eastern slope of the Ural Mountains, reacting to a human glance by sending swinging torches and an infrasonic shock wave, which caused the tourists to leave the tent and finally killed the whole of the group.
Should any one of the Dyatlov group have remained alive to tell about the ‘light set’, the story would probably have been interpreted by the authorities at the time as the ‘machinations of imperialists’ and they would not have acknowledged what actually happened, since it was outside the official ‘materialistic’ view of the world.
Investigator Ivanov had his own opinion, which did not fit in the framework of materialism.
However, we must also thank the authorities.
Huge material resources were involved in the search for the lost tourists, involving transport and aviation, also helicopters (which were quite rare in the 1950s).
Not many lost tourists and alpinists would have received so much attention.
Rescue teams, hunters, the military and investigators all took part in the search.
In that deserted place, under severe winter conditions of the north Urals they performed a huge amount of work.
The information gathered by these people will someday allow the cause of the Dyatlov group’s deaths to be found out.
What did the official authorities do after the tragedy?
They made the relatives sign a non-disclosure declaration; they wanted the dead to be buried in Ivdel, not in Sverdlovsk; they closed access to the area for tourists for three years.
This caused multiple rumors about tests of some secret weapon in the area, and that the true information was being concealed from the people.
But what to conceal?
No one really knows what happened.
Yet the causes of the tragedy need to be discussed, for the simple reason to suppress futile attacks on cosmonautics and intelligence services.
What might a ‘light set’ be doing in the №15 pit?
Why did it set light on the waste rock dump?
The pit hides nothing secret, just common manufactured mining machines, general mining technology and the dump, which is a pile of limestone mixed with clay.
If intelligence services needed such information, they could easily get it in daytime, without the need for a light show.
And what were they looking for in the dense forest beyond Mount Denezhkin Kamen, where ranger V. Rudkovskiy had watched this phenomenon?
Most probably, this one and the same ‘light set’ makes its appearance in different parts east of the Ural Ridge following some program built into it by no one knows who and no one knows when.
It may be doing ground surveys at definite locations by picking information with a light beam.
Here are the approximate co-ordinates of its appearance: – 29 August 2002: 60°30" N 59°25" E, from 10 pm to 2.30 am.
Observed by V. Rudkovskiy in quarter 357 of the Denezhkin Kamen nature reserve.
– 11 September 2002: 60°40" N 60°15" E, at 11 pm in quarter 11 of the Laksa forestry.
The ‘set’ stayed there approximately from 9.30 pm to 2 am.
– 1 February 1959: 61°45" N 59°20" E.
The eastern slope of Mount Kholat Syakhl.
Time approximately from 6 pm to 10.30 pm.
According to Rudkovskiy, the light appeared shortly before it got dark.
Probably, the ‘light set’ starts its survey after dark and continues at certain points of the earth for four to four and a half hours.
Rudkovskiy claimed that at 2.30 am he heard a loud snapping sound, like from a strong electric discharge, and then the light was gone.
After that, for two to three minutes, a strong squally wind rose.
We may suppose that on 11 September 2002, the ‘set’ started working in №15 pit after dark, i.e. at 9.30 pm, and finished at 2 am.
On 1 February 1959, on Mount Kholat Syakhl, the light the tourists saw appeared at 6 pm and went out at 10.30 pm or around this time (plus or minus thirty minutes).
Could space satellites have recorded this light on 29 August 2002 and 11 September 2002?
It might be possible to clarify the time of operation of the ‘light set’ by this data.
Or maybe there are records of similar light effects in other places?
I always find it difficult remembering the event of having seen the ‘light set’, the more so every time I have to prove to someone that this had really happened to me.
I try not to think about this as some awful experience.
It was probably for this reason that I put this subject aside in 2002.
Rudkovskiy had a similar reaction, as he told me himself.
Rudkovskiy’s former friend in the nature reserve, V. Yefimov, told me that when he met Valentin after the night spent in the woods near that ‘light set’, Valentin looked a bit ‘haywire’ and sluggish, especially the first day after it had happened.
Then, gradually, he began to feel better.
After August 2002 Valentin was seriously ill twice, although nothing of the kind had ever happened to him before.
In 2004 he underwent serious surgery.
After the meeting with the ‘light set’ I myself had two serious injuries in the Ivdel district.
I would not link my injuries directly with what I saw on 11 September 2002.
But still, these are issues to be considered.
After I read the material of the Dyatlov case investigation, it dawned on me that we, Rudkovskiy and myself, had got off easily.
We could have gone mad or received a due portion of a shock wave from the ‘light set’.
We were lucky, just because of having grasped in a short while that the ‘set’ responded to our glance and that one should plainly look away from the source of light and the approaching torches.
For a group, this may have been impossible to have been quickly understood.
Science moves forward.
In the flow of information we may sometimes oversee serious scientific discoveries that have been made in recent times.
Under the guidance of scientists, a new, fifth, state of matter was obtained at an orbital station in outer space: frozen plasma.
Before that, mankind knew of only four states of matter: solid, gaseous, liquid and plasma.
Here is the discovery of one more: the frozen plasma state.
It opens up great opportunities in power engineering and prospects for building spacecraft capable of reaching other planets and stars.
New super-heavy elements appear in the Mendeleev periodic table.
When stores of oil and gas come to an end on the Earth these elements will allow power to be safely generated from them.
Also amazing scientific research results have been obtained in the USA and Russia: ‘graphic thought record’ (‘myslegraphia’ in Russian) – an imprint of a human thought may appear on photographic film.
In other words, thought may be photographed.
There was an article about such effect in Komsomolskaya Pravda in April 2006.
Could the ‘light set’ be equipped with an instrument able to catch human thought via a glance?
When the person looks away, the ‘set’ loses sight of the person and leaves him or her alone.
Or possibly does not lose sight of the person, but processes human thought according to some internal program and determines whether such a ‘witness’ needs to be eliminated.
This smells of something extraterrestrial.
The fact that the ‘light set’ may not just amaze people with its abnormal behaviour (its main feature is response to human glance), but also be aggressive and inflict mortal injuries to people with a fine-focused shock wave and make them panic had caused me to sit down to commit to paper my version of the Ivdel incident.
According to my version, such were the injuries received on 1 February 1959 by the skiers: Thibeaux-Brignolle, Zolotaryov and Lyuda Dubinina.
This made the half-dressed tourists leave the tent and run as fast as they could, and finally killed them all.
This is an extremely rare phenomenon.
But people must work out and remember certain rules of safe behavior when meeting with such an effect, in order to avoid a repetition of the Dyatlov incident.
First, one has to simply turn away and not look at the source of light.
One should leave the place as fast as possible.
I think if someone happens to observe the phenomenon and they have a camera with them, they should take a photo only while looking away, or with closed eyes and in a very short period of time.
Such occasional encounters of people with the ‘light set’ will surely happen in the future.
I am sure there have already been many.
When something ends well, people make little of it (so it happened to me after I met with the ‘light phenomenon’ on 11 September 2002).
Other meetings end in tragedy, leaving silent dead bodies behind and many questions with no answers.
For example, in summer 2004, in the Taiga near Severouralsk, an experienced hunter left his hut without his outer clothes and never came back.
Later, his body was found without signs of violent death (reported in the newspaper Nashe Slovo dated 27 February 2006).
I got interested in the mysterious death of this person and decided to look for details of the case.
This is what I learned from relatives of the deceased. Sergey Baryshnikov, 50 years old, a physically strong person, a miner from the city of Severouralsk, knew the Taiga very well.
He used his vacation time for professional hunting.
He had a hut somewhere on the River Molmys in the Perm Oblast, beyond the Ural Ridge, where he lived and hunted.
On 14 August 2004, he left Severouralsk in his car to check whortleberry fields on the Yelovaya Griva (Spruce Mane) ridge.
This is a place on the road to Kvarkusha.
He took no gun and planned to be back home on the same day.
There were two dogs with him: 3-year-old Belka and 3- month-old Buran.
He drove from Severouralsk via Bayanovka to the west, in the direction of Mount Teremki on the Yelovvaya ridge, 60km from Severouralsk.
There, 1km from the main road, he left his car.
He did not come back, neither on that night, nor on the next day.
His relatives and friends started a search.
The car was soon found because they knew where he was headed for, but there was no sign of him.
A rescue team from Karpinsk was invited twice, because Severouralsk had no such team at that time.
People from the Severouralsk Bauxite mines (SUBR) and other city organisations were involved in the search.
A sniffer dog was brought but it failed to find a trail, because of too many footprints near the car.
Within a few days, his dogs Buran and Belka were found.
The Mansi said that if the dogs had left their master it must mean he is dead.
The search lasted two weeks.
On 3 September 2004, in the vicinity of Mount Sredny Sennoi Kamen, a cedar nuts procurement team found his dead body approximately 20 km from where he had left his car.
He was without footwear and half-dressed.
He wore only a singlet and sports pants.
There were no traces of violent death.
He had died of heart failure, which had developed as a result of strong pneumonia, which means that he died of hypothermia.
His stomach was empty, despite the fact that at that time of year the Taiga abounds in cedar cones, many of which lay on the ground, and whortleberry.
What had happened to a normal healthy man in the Taiga?
Being an experienced Taiga dweller and hunter he could not get lost as he knew the area very well.
We can only suppose that he had met with something very extraordinary.
And here, too, we may see analogies with the deaths of the Dyatlov group.
What happened to cause the hunter to suffer from hypothermia and die out in the Taiga?
This is what I suppose had happened.
For some reason he stopped in the Taiga for the night of 14/15 August 2004.
It could be that he planned to look around the area more thoroughly.
Or the dogs, Belka and Buran, sensing the infrasound emitted by the ‘light set’ ran away, so he went after them and was compelled to stay in the Taiga for the night.
He could not leave the dogs and go home alone.
(It is known that dogs and cats perceive vibrations below 20Hz, i.e. infrasound.
That is why it is said of them that ‘they smell trouble’: animals are often the first to get alarmed and leave a village where an earthquake is soon to take place, which is preceded by infrasonic emission.)
In the evening the hunter made a fire, took off his boots and outer garments, which were wet from the rain, and started drying his clothes near the fire.
Suddenly, in the dark, at approximately 10.30 pm, he sees a strip of swinging light as if from a projector.
He watches the source of light with interest.
At that moment, swinging torches separate from the source of light and quickly move in his direction through the forest.
In amazement, he continues looking at the torches.
They get near and suddenly a strong pulse of infrasound hits him.
It may be that the blow and the shock caused fear and panic in the man.
He runs away from the place half-dressed and barefoot.
The dogs follow him.
The impact of infrasound and the shock wave was so strong that he never recovered his normal mental condition.
All his further actions were inadequate to save him.
Over a period of a number of days he wandered in the Taiga, did not pick berries or nuts, made no effort to make himself warm and find a way to habitation.
He moved at random, without direction, in places where neither a house nor a road could be found.
The weather was cold and rainy.
He got a cold, a strong pneumonia developed, and in a few days he died, 20km from his car.
Had it been so or not, no one can tell for sure.
One can only suppose.
Another supposition is that he might have died from a lightning bolt.
Over 100 Russian satellites are orbiting the Earth today.
There is a round the clock observation of the whole of the country’s territory from outer space.
If satellite control centres had registered luminescence in that area on the night of 14/15 August 2004, such records could serve as indirect proof to the fact of an experienced Taiga dweller being affected by a ‘light set’.
Can anyone take out this data of satellite observation?
Do such people or organisations exist?
Here are the approximate map co-ordinates of the place where S. I. Baryshnikov could have been on that night: 60°07" N, 59°20" E.
If necessary, more precise co-ordinates of the places where I and Rudkovskiy saw the ‘light set’ in operation can be indicated on larger-scale maps, or using instruments, up to fractions of a second.
If the three cases of illumination that had taken place at different times and locations were registered by satellites, much would be explained, the Dyatlov group deaths included.

Żródło: https://www.facebook.com/dyatlovmania/

#1022 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 03 styczeń 2019 - 20:48

This is an actual photo taken in December 2014 of the moon above Dyatlov Pass.

With every year that passes is becoming more apparent that we will never know the truth.

This is one of these cases where the more information you find the more mysterious it gets.

Only people that have not read sufficiently about the murder jump easily to conclusion that this or that can explain the evidence we have.

Dyatlov Pass incident remains the strangest unsolved mystery of the last century.

46590191831_c5d5f66d1d_o.png

The moon above Dyatlov Pass in December 2014.

Photo by marinner966 from Aktau, Kazakhstan

#1023 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 06 styczeń 2019 - 21:21

МИСТИЧЕСКОЕ МЕСТО.

Место, которое должен посетить каждый путешественник-экстремал.

Место, окутанное неразгаданной тайной уже 55 лет!

Тот самый кедр и тот самый ручей леденят кровь, когда осознаешь что здесь происходило февральской ночью 59го года.

MYSTICAL PLACE.

A place that every extreme traveler must visit.

The place, shrouded in unsolved mystery for 55 years!

That same cedar and that very stream will freeze blood when you realize what happened on February night of the 59th year.

Photos by marinner966, Aktau, Kazakhstan

46636847561_df15dab18d_o.jpg

46636847721_659c4601dc_o.jpg

46636847461_fdec93aee9_o.jpg

45722251425_5dffc1f8dd_o.jpg

46636847771_6c8ef2a9d8_o.jpg

46636847611_2a30f68761_o.jpg

#1024 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 09 styczeń 2019 - 20:44

bVGjHMq.jpg

#1025 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 12 styczeń 2019 - 21:33

The Dyatlov Pass incident refers to an event that resulted in the deaths of nine ski hikers in the northern Ural mountains on the night of February 2, 1959.

It happened on the east shoulder of the mountain Kholat Syakhl (Холат Сяхл) (a Mansi name, meaning Mountain of the Dead).

The mountain pass where the incident occurred has since been named Dyatlov Pass (Перевал Дятлова) after the group's leader, Igor Dyatlov (Игорь Дятлов).

The lack of eyewitnesses has inspired much speculation.

Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths.

Access to the area was barred for skiers and other adventurers for three years after the incident.

IMO something attacked from either inside or outside the tent, giving the hikers no choice but to flee without the necessary items for survival (boots clothing even their skis which would have allowed for a faster escape.

The bodies were discovered 2 near a large cedar remnants of a fire nearby, 3 attemping to return to camp (no doubt for clothing to stem hypothermia and gain a real chance of escape) while 4 moved down a stream toward civilization (found some months later) The 3 attempting to return to camp suffered injuries that were not explainable through any known force, including aging, orange skin, and white hair.

The incident remained secret until 1990 and still contains withheld information.

#1026 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 15 styczeń 2019 - 21:03

SHu4Q6I.jpg

#1027 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 18 styczeń 2019 - 22:21

A TRULY MYSTICAL SPECTACLE

We went with friends on snowmobiles from February 19 to February 23, 2016.

Route: Vizhay - base of Yeles Tour (Ushma) - Dyatlova Pass.

We left from Ushma at 10 am.

The road lay through a fabulous winter forest.

We reached the pass in 14 days and immediately opened up an indescribable spectacle.

Mount Kholat Syakhl noticeably rose against the background of the other mountains and was covered with a dense blanket of a swirling giant cloud that hides the flowing lines of the mountain relief beneath.

In the boiling foam of this cloud on the background of an absolutely cloudless sky, snow-white whirling foam sparkling in the sun emerged, broken by the wind into shallow icy dust, which descended with terrible force, picked up by the hurricane wind.

We have not seen anything like this in our lives!

At the epicenter of this atmospheric movement of the fog, it was very dark and no sunlight whatsoever, it felt eerie and terribly uncomfortable because of the hard snow and strong wind.

We returned back at 10 pm, very tired, but with a reason.

Visiting this pass is always an expeditionary option, so it is always with difficulties.

But it was worth it!

Photos by Alexey B. 

ВОИСТИНУ МИСТИЧЕСКОЕ ЗРЕЛИЩЕ!

Ездили с друзьями-снегоходчиками с 19 по 23 февраля 2016.

Марщрут: Вижай - база Елес Тур (Ушма) - Перевал Дятлова.

Из Ушмы выехали в 10 утра.

Дорога лежала через сказочный зимний лес.

На перевал добрались к 14 дня и сразу открылось непередаваемое зрелище.

Гора Холатчахль заметно возвышалась на фоне остальных гор и была укрыта плотным одеялом клубящегося гигантского облака, скрывающим под собою плавные линии горного рельефа.

В кипящей пене этого облака на фоне абсолютно безоблачного неба рождалась белоснежная искрящаяся на солнце вихреватая пена, разбиваемая ветром в мельчающую ледяную пыль, которая со страшной силой спускалась вниз, подхваченная ураганным ветром.

Ничего подобного в своей жизни мы до этого не видели!

В эпицентре этого атмосферного перемещения влаги было очень сумрачно без солнечных лучей, жутковато и ужасно не комфортно из-за жесткого снега и сильного ветра.

Обратно вернулись к 22 часам, очень устали, но было ради чего.

Посещение этого перевала это всегда экспедиционный вариант, поэтому всегда приходилось преодолевать какие то трудности.

Но того стоило!

ZEdXj3H.jpg

1cKMlZu.jpg

l9gQcbR.jpg

9BLVfmy.jpg

7xuf3ok.jpg

#1028 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 21 styczeń 2019 - 22:03

What happened to the hikers at Dyatlov Pass?

#1029 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 23 styczeń 2019 - 20:39

Maslennikov Evgeniy Polikarpovich, (1924-1983) Master of Sports, Head of the UPI sports club, leading the search operation in 1959.

Maslennikov notebook

#1030 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 23 styczeń 2019 - 20:45

HNWiYhw.jpg

January 23, 1959
The area through which the hike route passed was not sufficiently studied.
There are no detailed public maps of this area.
Igor appeals for help to a familiar geologist and pilot.
The geologist helps Dyatlov develop an optimal route.
The tourist club did not even have a map of the area where Dyatlov led his group.
It turned out that Dyatlov did not agree with anyone about the exact route of the group.
A route book was left without a route and a map showing the route of the group.
Dyatlov Group discussed various options for the route and Igor to send the final version for approval, but he did not.
On January 23, 1959, at about 9 pm, the Dyatlov Group consisting of 10 hikers, took train No.43 from Sverdlovsk to the city of Serov.

Lyuda Dubinina diary

23 january.
It’s the last day of preparations and everything has been quite hectic.
From eleven in the morning I was scampering between stores buying different bits and pieces.
And I was silly enough to buy five meters of cambric which cost 200 rubles.
I was packing in such a rush and of course I’ve forgotten at home my sweater.
Everyone was busy with something, and we had so many things to do.
Just before our departure, those who wanted to say goodbye came to meet us.
We were really short of time, but arrived at the railway station with seconds to spare.
Then we had to say goodbye to everyone.
Before leaving we sang a few songs, but in the cart Blinov group joined and we continue singing together.
Among all the most notable is Krotov's bass.
This time there were a lot of very new songs that we were writing down with the help of an instructor A Zolotaryov, who came with us on the trek.
At first nobody wanted this Zolotaryov, for he is a stranger, but then we all agreed, because you can't refuse.
Thus, as we were ten, and remained ten, for Slavka was not released by the faculty bureau.

Dyatlov Group diary

January 23
We're on the road again!
We are now sitting in room 531, or rather of course not sitting but frantically shoving into backpacks oatmeal, cans, canned meat.
The head of provision distribution (zavhoz) is overseeing that everybody gets everything.
Where are my felt boots?
Y. K. (Yuri Krivonischenko) Can we play mandolin on the train?
Of course!
We forgot the salt!
3kg Igor!
Where are you?
Where is Doroshenko?
Why didn't he take 20 packs?
Give me 15 kopeks (cents) to call.
The scales, where are the scales?
It doesn't fit, dam it.
Who has the knife?
Yuri take this to the station.
Slav Khalizov just got here.
Hello, hello!
Can I get 15 cents?
Lyuda is counting the money, lots of money.
The room is an artistic mess.
And here we are on the train.
We sang all the songs that we know, learned new ones, everyone goes to sleep at 3 (am).
I wonder what awaits us on this trip?
What will we encounter?
The boys solemnly swore not to smoke the entire trip.
I wonder how much will power they have to get by without cigarettes?
Everybody is falling asleep, and behind the window Ural taiga is spreading in all directions.

Z. Kolmogorova
9xMoIMn.jpg
Route of the trek by days

Vgd7J9y.png

#1031 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 24 styczeń 2019 - 20:54

sDJnqWg.jpg

January 24, 1959
January 24, 1959 In the city of Serov from 7-8 am until 18:30.
The train station, the incident - the detention of Yuri Krivonischenko, the 41st school, the story of tourism to schoolchildren of 1st and 2nd grade.
By train to Ivdel.
Incident in a train with a drunk passenger*.
*On the train from Serov to Ivdel, a drunken passenger came to the group, stating that they had stolen a bottle of vodka from him and demanded to return it.
He was simply ignored, although the physically fit hikers could have easily confronted him.
The drunken passenger insisted on his rights and initiated a scandal.
As a result, the conductor had to take the loaded citizen causing the disturbance to the police at the station.
This incident is interesting not only for what was noted in the diaries, but also for the record that the Dyatlov himself made when preparing list of provisions for the trek.
Yuri Yudin could not get alcohol and Igor made a record; vodka, indian tea (illegible) matches.
If for some reason the hikers did not buy vodka, then it is possible that one of them could actually have stolen from the drunk passenger.
This is just a speculation.
39169032674_26fdeb3aa5_o.jpg
City of Serov - Palace of Culture of Metallurgist
26006630758_80c0e43641_o.jpg
Monument of Serov, Alexander Kolevatov

Dyatlov Group diary

Yuri Yudin diary

January 24 7.00 (am)
We arrived in Serov (town).
We traveled with a Blinov's group.
They have... things for hunting and other accessories.
At the station we were met with hell of a hospitality.
They didn't allow us into the building.
The policeman stares at us suspiciously.
There is no crime or vandalism in the city, as it suppose to be in times of communism.
And then Yuri Krivo started a song, the cops grabbed him and took him away.
At the attention of citizen Krivonischenko, sergeant explained that the rules of §3 prohibited all activity that would disturb the peace of passengers.
It is perhaps the only train station where the songs are forbidden, so we stayed without singing.
Finally everything is settled by end fo the day.
We are leaving Serov to Ivdel at 6:30 pm.
We were welcomed warmly in the school near the railway station.
The steward (she is also a janitor) boiled some water, and helped us with everything we needed for the preparation for the trek.
We have the whole day free.
We want to go to the city, to visit the nature museum or take a trip to a factory, but too much time is passed in distribution of equipment and cleaning it.
12.00 In the interval between 1st and 2nd shifts in school we organized meeting with pupils.
The room crammed with so many curious children.
Zolotoryov: "Kids, I will tell you now... Tourism is, enables you to..."
Everyone is still, quiet, engaged.
Z. Kolmogorova: Tra- ta- ta- ta, what's your name, you went where, owesome, you have been camping, she went on and on...
Questions didn't end.
We had to explain and show to every kid everything, from torches to tents.
It took us 2 hours, and kids didn't want to let us go.
They sang songs to each other.
The whole school saw us at the station.
Everything ended as expected, when we were leaving, the kids yelled and cried, asking Zina to stay with them.
They promised to behave and study well.
In the train cart a young drunk accused us of stealing his booze from his pocket.
For the second time this day the cops were involved.
Discussion about love provoked by Z. Kolmogorova.
Songs, reassessment, Dubinina under the seats, garlic with bread and no water, and we arrived in Ivdel around 12 am.
Large waiting room.
Total freedom of action.
We took shifts to watch over our stuff all night long.
Bus to Vizhay leaves early in the morning.

Yudin
39169032994_5f0728041b_o.jpg
Juri Yudin writing in Dyatlov Group diary

Unknown diary (could be Zolotoryov's)

January 24, 1959
Last night, about 9-00 we boarded the train №43.
At last.
There is 10 of us.
Bienko Slavik did not go, they did not let him.
We are going with a Blinov group.
Fun.
Songs.
Around 8 am we arrived in Serov.
We were not allowed to stay on the train station, the train to Ivdel is at 6-30 pm.
We are looking for a room.
We are trying to get into the club (to the right of the dining room of the station) and school, but fail.
Finally he (? not sure about the identity) finds school number 41 (about 200 meters from the train station), where we were very well received.
39169032524_da849f5751_o.jpg
Semyon Zolotaryov with a bag of provisions

Ludmila Dubinina diary

24 january went to bed We arrived in Serov very early.
We were not allowed in the station with the backpacks.
We settled nearby the station.
The boys cross the overseer, that's me, with accusations of stinginess and greed.
Alas, the canteen at this point is a great luxury for us.
There was one small incident - Yurka K. was taken by the police charging him with deception.
Our hero decided to walk around the station handing a cap for change after singing a song.
Yuri had to be rescued.
Then we managed to move to the elementary school together with Blinov group.
After lunch we began to prepare the equipment.
Decided to read talk to the children in 1st and 2nd grades about tourism.
They liked our stories and things very much, and they became very attached to us.
Time flew by till 6 pm in the company of our new young friends.
The children bonded so much, especially to Zina, that they parted with tears.
In the train we all sang songs accompanied with a mandolin and just like that.
Then out of the blue a young alcoholic came to the boys and accused them of stealing a bottle of vodka.
He demanded her return and promised to punch them in the teeth.
In the end, he did not prove or get anything and got lost.
Yurka came and sang with us for a while and left.
We sang and sang, and no one even noticed how we started to discuss love issues, talking about kisses in particular.
We talked all kinds of nonsense, of course; everyone was interested, everyone wanted to speak out, eventually trying to out-shout each other and prove their own opinion.
Sasha Kolevatov was the best in our debates.
Probably he expressed not only his own thoughts but, anyway, he obviously won.
We arrived at night in Ivdel and bunked at the station.
We settled in the corner, spreading the tent, and laid down to sleep at once.
I stayed watch.
I used the time to sew overshoes and copy songs.
Yurkina Olva from time to time shouted probably from boredom and hunger.
I lasted till 3 am.
At that time I lay down, only Borya continue to sew something for a long time, but he finally retire.
Zhenya (Yevgeny Zinoviev) often picks on me, sometimes he even says offensive things.
He seem to consider me foolish.
It's my fault that I like to add fuel to the fire, damn me.
26006631008_7ed21c8459_o.jpgSerov, 41st school, the group is preparing for the trek. Zina Kolmogorova is holding a piece of felt.

Zinaida Kolmogorova diary

Here we are on a trek again.
Now in Serov.
The entire evening yesturday till 3 AM we sang songs.
With us is sr. instructor of the Kaurov sport base Alexander Zolotaryov.
He knows a lot of songs, it's just happy somehow that we are learning new songs.
Especially some the Zumba and others.
Today I feel little sad. But it's nothing.
We are on duty with Rustik.
We went and talked to the schoolchildren, then they all saw us off, even burst into tears, didn't want to let us go.
26006630898_d7c473f9bf_o.jpg
Serov, 41-th school, Zina is cutting sheepskin insoles with felt scissors.

Zina Kolmogorova letter

The letter is written on Jan 24th 1959 in city of Serov and sent on Jan 26 from Vizhay.
39847480672_c5549bd4c3_o.jpg
Hi, my dear mom, dad, Tom, Galya and Lusya!
Greetings to you from Zina.
Well, I'm away from you again, now we are in Serov.
We have a transfer here and I am writing to you.
Well, how is life?
Anything new?
We are going camping, a group of 10 people.
The group is good.
At the plant, everything is ok, they let me go.
I have all the clothes I need, so do not worry about me.
How do you live?
Write to me in Vizhay, I am looking forward to it.
Has the cow calved yet?
I love milk.
How's mom work?
How is the dad's health?
Moms?
How are Galya and Lusya doing at school?
39169032794_a76a73d7f1_o.jpg
Lusya, try not to have Cs this semester.
And Galya turn Ds in sports to Cs.
Spend more time on the skis and you need to run more.
See you soon and goodbye.
Big kisses to you all Your Zina.
Write to me, I am looking forward to it.
Ok?

26 I 59

#1032 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 25 styczeń 2019 - 21:55

qMBTHyp.jpg

January 25, 1959

The night of January 25 Dyatlov Group arrives in Ivdel located 340 km North of their starting point.
Leaving early in the morning in bus Gas-51 with Blinov group. 14:00 Vizhay.
Stayed at a guest house.
Parting with Blinov group, watch movie "Symphonie in Gold"
39865012882_74b59e411f_o.jpg
Bus from Ivdel to Vizhay - Doroshenko, Zina, Krivonishenko (center), Zolotaryov

Dyatlov Group diary

25 january 1959.
We got up at half past five, quickly gathered and left for the city of Ivdel with the first bus.
After an hour of waiting, we managed to grab a bus (such as GAZ-51).
The twenty-five-seater bus was forced to accommodate a full twenty-five plus twenty backpacks packed to capacity and as many pairs of skis.
We were full up to the ceiling.
First layer passengers sat on the seats, on a pile of skis, on backpacks.
Second layer passengers sat on the backs of the seats, finding a place for legs on the shoulders of comrades.
It was not so tight, however, as not to sing, so we did it almost all the way to Vizhay.
The trip was not uneventful.
The bus made a small detour away from the highway, in the village of Shipichnoe, and we were given the chance to step out, which we did with pleasure.
Four of the most agile went far ahead to the settlement of Talitsa to see the power station.
Suddenly the heard: "The bus."
We rush out the door, but, alas, it was too late.
The bus passed by and we were forced to chance after it as fast as we can, hoping fate would be merciful and, perhaps, we would catch up with it (I am part of the "agile" four).
However, the first hundred meters clearly demonstrated the advantages of a fifty horse power engine.
Our heels flashed far behind the bus, and the gap widened.
The prospect to walk about thirty kilometers on the highway with no breakfast and lunch already seemed quite real, when suddenly ...
I mentioned that fate is merciful.
The mercy came in the form of a girl going to Vizhay that hailed the bus and stopped the object of our persecution.
A minute later we were already safely sitting on the second floor of the seats and traveling to Vizhay.
We arrived in Vizhay about two pm.
It turned out that we can continue our automobile journey in the next morning.
Warmly said goodbye to Blinov's group, who went further (to the west of Vizhay in the deep forest area).
After dinner, which was held in a warm "friendly atmosphere," we moved to the "hotel", which was the usual hut with three windows.
We went to the cinema, leaving "home" Doroshenko and Kolevatov.
We watched the "Symphonie in Gold", came back in "musical mood".
Now we are busy getting ready the equipment.
Tonight, according to the local commandant, we will leave on. Kolevatov.

25.1.59 arrived in Ivdel at midnight, spent the night at the train station pitching a tent on the floor.
Yes, we have already been spotted 2 times by the police.
Once Yuri Kriv was taken to the police station.
He wanted to raise money for candy.
It was funny.
Then on the train Serov-Ivdel reached Ivdel, spent the night at the station, in the morning got on a bus, drove to a hotel in Ivdel.
Then we took the bus and drove off.
We are 20 people, backpacks and skis.
Had to pile up on 3 levels, but we sang songs all the way.
Arrived in Vizhay.
First we stopped at the same club where we were 2 years ago.
Then we were taken to the hotel.
The whole evening there was a discussion about love about friendship, about dances and other things, etc.
I talked a lot about things which are completely unfamiliar to me and I scarcely do, but I tried, sincerely.
But this is all nonsense.
But again the words of Volt come to mind.
How well did he say it.
We went to see "Symphonie in Gold" so powerful!
So great!

Ludmila Dubinina diary

25 january
We woke up, without really to have slept much.
I told Rustic that I won't wash up due to lack of conditions.
He agreed.
The bus came right away, we climbed quickly.
Had to travel on 3 levels.
Kolka Tibo (Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles) had to push his body to the ceiling, Olva first stood in (illegible word) position, but soon she couldn't stand it anymore and got down on her knees.
We sang again, of course.
I totally lost my voice.
Zhenka was bickering again.
He goes on and on.
Things stated to make sence, it wasn't really a knew, but it is now clearer and better.
But despite this, Yurka is still a good-natured person, at least, judging by his behavior.
I'm still true to myself.
Zhenka and Zina sang "If you eyes hadn't been blue..." ("Если б были глаза твои не такие синие...")
When we arrived at а turn the bus went to a village and had to return for us in an hour.
We continue on foot.
It was so nice to walk along the road in such good weather.
We went a little nuts and roll in the snow.
During our walk there was an incident - a car coming from the forest got stuck in the opposite direction.
Our guys rushed to the rescue.
Finally they pulled it out in half.
Then our bus came up and we hopped on it.
The discussion now was about happiness.
Basically our guys were the most active.
They tried to give a definition of happiness, but everyone had it its own way.
Arrived in Vizhay at four two.
Blinov group is going further to settlement 41, and we stay to spend the night.
We had a tearful goodbye with Blinov group.
The mood sank.
At parting, we sang with Zina and Zhenya: "If you eyes hadn't ..."
In general I am very very sad.
We are extremely lucky!
The Symphonie in Gold was showing.
We left all our things and packs at the hotel and went to the club.
The image was a bit fuzzy, but it didn’t overshadow the pleasure at all.
Yurka Krivo, sitting next to me, was smacking his lips and oohing with delight.
This is real happiness, so difficult to describe with words.
The music is just fabulous!
The mood after the movie greatly improved.
Igor Dyatlov was unrecognizable.
He tried to dance, and even started singing: "O Jackie Joe"
We are on duty with Yuri today.
We decided to cook noodles on the stove.
But it was very difficult to heat the stove with such raw firewood, so it took a lot of time.
Finally we began to eat.
During the meal, a discussion arose about the rights of boys and girls to freedom, etc.
In my opinion, such discussions lead nowhere.
But we are doing it anyway, to vent the soul.
We went to bed late.
Had to lay down in beds by two, only Yurka Krivo and Sasha slept on the floor between the beds.
26024629268_3498b214d7_o.jpg
Vizhay

39865013332_528bd7eb39_o.jpg
Dyatlov group is helping Blinov group to mount a bus to 41st district - Doroshenko in motion blur

26024629458_5f5e7f5a5d_o.jpg
Blinov group is loading a truck. Dyatlov group is seeing them off

26024629358_5c59abc7f8_o.jpg
Memento of Dyatlov and Blinov groups together before their ways part

39865013552_3d044e188e_o.jpg
Collective photo of Dyatlov and Blinov groups

#1033 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 26 styczeń 2019 - 20:06

DWKFCtx.jpg

January 26, 1959

On January 26 1959 Dyatlov group travels on the back of the truck in poor condition from Vizhay (13:10) to 41st wood site (16:30).
This is possibly the ride that makes Yudin sick.
Vizhay, wake up 9:00, the dining room, Zina Kolmogorova sends the letter home, Igor Dyatlov sends home a postcard.
At 13:10 the group leaves Vizhay in truck Gaz-63 with no brakes and shock absorbers.
They ride in the open back of the truck, covered by a tent.
The hikers were exposed on this trip and Yudin fell ill.
At 16:30 they arrive in the village 41st forest area.
In the evening they see movies "On his own", "Est takoy paren" and "Symphonie in Gold" (again).

Dyatlov Group diary

January 26
We slept in so-called hotel.
Two people per bed. Sasha K. (Alexander Kolevatov) and Krivo (Yuri Krivonischenko) slept on the floor between beds.
Woke up at 9 am.
Everyone sleep well despite the fact we did not completely close the small window and room got a bit cold.
Outside temperature is -17 C.
We did not boil water in the morning, wood was damp.
In the evening it took us 6 hours to boil the water.
Had breakfast in the dining room, goulash and tea.
When they handed us the lukewarm tea, Gosya (Igor) Dyatlov said with a smile: "If the tea is cold, then go out and drink it on the street, it will be hot."
Original thought.
We negotiated to go to Settlement 41 by a truck.
We started at 13.10, and arrived at 16.30.
We froze pretty good at the back of GAZ-63.
While traveling we sang songs, discussed various topics like love, friendship, cancer illness and cures.
In Settlement 41 we were greeted warmly, they gave us a separate room in the hostel.
We talked a lot with the local workers.
I remembered particularly the red- bearded man.
The Beard, that's what his friends call him.
Ognev is an old friend, he is described in Lyuda Dubinina's private diary.
Lunch was served, we ate and now we are resting.
Some of the group is watching a movie in the adjacent room.
The rest of the group is rummaging through their backpacks.
Rustik (Rustem Slobodin) is playing his mandolin, while talking with Kolya (Nick Thibault).
I am going to do some adjustment to the equipment.
Krivonischenko
1.26.59 I can't, although I tried.
Nick Thibeaux
39016844925_fa0715c570_o.jpg
They were handed lukewarm tea, and after somebody complained Igor Dyatlov said with a smile: "If the tea is cold, then go out and drink it on the street, it will be hot."

26042698568_6bfc0dcc9c_o.jpg
To: A. A. Dyatlov Sender's address: Vizhay Dyatlov

39915653841_37410aa246_o.jpg
Hello everyone.
Today, 26, we leave on the route, we arrived well.
On February 12-15 I will visit Sverdlovsk.
I probably will not go home, so let Rufa bring linen to our room for a trip to Penza.
From there I will return on March 5-7.
Greetings Igor

Zina Kolmogorova diary

26.1.59 We slept in beds.
We got up late, very late.
Rustik and I are on duty.
We went into the dining room.
And then we waited for the car and drove off.
Today the road is not so beautiful, there is less snow.
We are driving off road now.
Drove for a long time.
I, as always, was approached by some countryman.
We arrived at the 41st settlement.
Workers are simply working here, not prisoners, but recruits.
There are many smart ones.
We were accomodated in the small room of the driver.
Today is the last day of civilization.
Rustic plays the mandolin very well, I really enjoy listening to him.
Today I wore Yuri's mittens, but how I did not want to!
I was told that is not good not to accept them, so I took them.
We talk.
Not much.
26042698388_82f83f28e4_o.jpg
Alexander Kolevatov, photo must be taken around 12-13:00 beofre Dyatlov group climbed on the back of the Gaz-63

Ludmila Dubinina diary

26 january In the morning Sashka jumped up from the cold and said that he had a cold night.
Zina and I slept perfectly.
Went to the dining room then began to gather.
We go by car.Tried to sing, talked about abstract topics and in general nobody was warm.
The surroundings were uninteresting at the beginning, a scorched forest.
In general, we had to go to 2nd North, but it was getting dark and we decided to stop at the 41st.
At 4.30 we were met very hospitably.
They stayed in the barrack, where the guys live.
In general, here are all civilians, there are no women at all, except two.
The guys are all young, as Igor noticed, there are even cute and generally interesting.
Especially memorable among all is Ognev with a red beard and the nickname of his "Beard".
In general, very rarely there are such people in such a hole. A true romantic, a geologist and generally developed.
Many of the guys play the guitar.
We watched three movies right away: "On his own", "Est takoy paren" and "Sympnonie in gold" again.
And again this music Co First in (illegible word) were divided into two groups one watched the movies, the other wrote diaries, and Rustik and Kolya reasoned a little about everything, about work, etc.
I like these guys.
A big difference between them, graduated from the institute Rustik, Ko, Yura and us.
All the same, their judgments are more mature and smarter than ours.
My God, I do not even talk about mine After the cinema, everyone was very tired and wanted to sleep.
We lay down with Zina on a spring bed.
It's a dream come true.
And the guys are all on the floor.
Mood is bad and probably will be for two more days.
Evil as hell.
39915653591_ef5f60f368_o.jpg
Dyatlov group is in the back of of Gaz-63. Weather is cold and windy. They will try to protect themselves with a tent, but Yudin will still get sick.

39915654221_935a1ab884_o.jpg
Krivonishenko told the guys that he is about to make the last photo before he climbs into the truck so each of the guys reacted their own way. Dyatlov and Thibeaux-Brignolles leaned forward and and showed Yuri the fig sign. Apparently Zina Kolmogorova moved off the backpack on which she sat, her location was significantly lower than the previous shot. Yuri Yudin painted a grimace on his face and looks at Zina Kolmogorov. It may seem that he is making a grimace to Zina intending to scare her, but in fact, with his left hand he grabbed Zina Kolmogorova's back and tries to keep her from falling on her back. Igor, Nikolai, Zina and Lyuda are looking at Yuri, Zolotaryov waves his right hand, Alexander is not visible behind Zolotaryov's back. Doroshenko and Slobodin, without reacting to Yuri's signal, remained in their seats without visible reaction.

Yuri Yudin diary

We arrived by truck with no brakes, broken shock absorbers , etc., (only in the taiga you can ride on any car.) in the village 41 quarter.
Ognev, Nick? since 1931. - long beard.
He knows the whole of the Northern Urals.
I was a participant of many geological expeditions.
Quite knowledgeable on many issues.
He graduated from the Ufimskiy Technical College.
In the truck (that) city we came, we brought 3 movies: "On his own" by Gorki, "Est takoy paren" and "Sympnonie in gold" "In people" by Gorky ,? "Is there such a guy"? and the "Golden Symphony".
"In people" - under the usual circumstances, in the city, I would have never gone to see this movie.
It seems nothing of interest in it for me, waste of time.
Here - you start watching ... and from the very first frames you feel that the movie is new for you, you see it with different eyes than before and many new thoughts are rushing one after another under the impression of what's on the screen.
Grandma plays excellently. Above all, full penetration into the role.
Wealth, depth, importance of thoughts, content, and all this follows by itself, without any imposition ... himself as in a life without words and simple ??? a person and there is another recently released picture.
Paren (est takoy paren - there is such a guy) - the characters here, the artists portraying, are represented only by what they say at the moment and is not clear where and how did they originated, what they say and what they do.
It seems like they (the characters) are created to say only these particular words, and there is nothing else for them to say, and to do.
Roles like that are not clear, maybe I find the screenplay weak and superficial, bad stage director, bad artists and in short - it seems there are not living people on the screen full of thoughts, capable of creating stories themselves, but some automatic machines tuned to a spec. program, and that's why there is no performance in the whole movie.
They could have said in advance what the movie is about, and how will it end.
The whole movie in 5 mins. "Symphonie in gold" - austr.
About ballet on ice.
The ballet itself is a good show.
Good skating rinks, skill, technical performance, but feelings, thoughts in dances - none.
Maybe since music to me is only an income.
It seems to me that way?
The light music in places is excellent, it can't be better, but in general I couldn't feel the Person, his soul.
Maybe that's why everybody that saw the movie was saying: "It feels so good, nothing is missing, they say "like life itself"
We are warmly welcomed here.
they ride all kind of They gave us the only horse available here to take our backpacks tomorrow to 2nd Northern for free wood site about 200 150 km? from such a northern town as Ivdel.
There is no radio, no newspapers.
(They still can't check the lottery and I promised to send back the newspaper immediately from Sverdlovsk).
They live in a dormitory.
No order whatsoever, but people are everywhere.
Read everything that they can get their hands on and do they sing ...
Quietly, from the heart.
The songs are old, long forgotten or never heard.
Here they are ...
It's so good!
Why don't we sing such good, already forgotten songs.
And in general, we don't sing about the soul in places where there are some outsiders, it's not singing, not soulful, loud.
We must fight for the culture of choral singing.
Voices and change the repertoire.
So that there were no empty screaming song-trinkets.
Loggers are working poorly, work and life conditions are bad.
Are they paying poorly?
Strike.
Everything is possible, but there is no good intelligent leadership.
Master - once he studied and did not finish the Moscow Forestry Institute.
The workers are very different.
Recruits after the army, after serving time (to earn some money and stayed, or for free). Many don't last, - they quit They work The majority has primary school or no education at all.
But there are widely erudite and even If you meet them in the city, you would never have thought that this person all his time in the taiga.
Uncle Slava.
Funny, somehow people do not think how this or that name will sound after uncle or grandpa *...
What a funny grandpa!
Until 1953, they threw in jail everybody that they could catch, innocent, then they figured it out and cleaned up, everybody was given rushed amnesty
*I think Yudin is referring to the fact Slava in Russian means Glory.

#1034 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 27 styczeń 2019 - 20:15

qsCGbcW.jpg

January 27, 1959

The river Lozva, the weather is gloomy, but there is no snow and no wind.
The group still consists of 10 tourist.
Almost everybody is in the photo, but Kolevatov who we can see in the previous photo is to the left of the frame, and the photographer Semyon Zolotaryov.
From the left is Doroshenko, Zina and Lyuda, in the center is the horse with pulling the sleigh topped with backpacks.
The horse is led by uncle Slava, he stands and looks at someone behind the sleigh.
Behind the sleigh follow Yura Yudin, Igor Dyatlov, Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles and Rustem Slobodin.
In the distance behind is Krivonischenko, who is making sketches.
On January 27 1959 Dyatlov group was leaving 41st district and Ognev "The Beard", the hospitality, the warm bread, wrote Mansi words in their notebooks, and at 4 pm uncle Slava and his horse sled took the backpacks while the hikers were following on skis along Lozva river, pass Ushma river and to the 2nd Northern.
The head of the site Ryazhnev promised to help the tourists to reach the abandoned geological site 2nd Northern by finding means of transportation.
Hikers mounted backpacks on the sled with a horse, got on skis and reached 2nd Northern which consisted from 24 houses only one of which was suitable to spend the night.
The sled belonged to uncle Slava, convicted in Lithuania in 1949 for 10 years and released to the settlement in 1956.
In 41st district Yudin's condition worsened.
He had inflamed back nerve, sciatica.
To continue an expedition from third category of complexity was impossible without becaming a burden, so Yudin decided to return.
They discussed the matter and decided that Yudin will go to 2nd Northern and there will make the final decision.
If his pain subsides, he can continue with the group, if his condition worsens, he will take the drilling samples from 2nd Northern and return to Sverdlovsk.

Zina Kolmogorova diary

27. Today is the first day of our journey.
The backpack is not much but somewhat heavy.
Yes, Yura Yudin is leaving us today.
His sciatic nerves inflamed again and he is leaving.
Such a pity.
We distributed his load in our backpacks.
It turns out that on the last day we see some kind of civilization,stove, people, etc.
Today we arranged out backpacks to go on horseback and we are waiting them to be ready, and we will go skiing.
Everyone is singing, the workers living in barracks, did not go to work, they sing.
We sit and write songs.
Many workers are very talented, intelligent people. Especially "the beard", his beard is ginger, ginger, and his eyes are also ginger, and brown.
The guys sing well.
And Rustic plays the mandolin very well.
Today was the last day me and Lyuda slept in beds.
Tonight we are going to be in a tent, apparently.
Now we are in the 41st quarter, today our goal is to reach the 2nd Nortern.
They say, there is a hut there, but no one lives in it.
Hurry to the road, to the skis ...
How about we go?
I'm lately somehow very deeply affected by music, guitar, mandolin and other.
Yesterday saw 3 movies here "In people", "There is such a guy" and again "Symphonie in Gold".
I want to see "Symphonie in Gold" even more times.
39901005312_42893031ba_o.jpg
41st district, photo is taken near the logging workers dormitory.
tolya Talaya, a river, many huts
ya - river
sos - brook, together
paste/pache-rum - hello friend
nyor - stone, if there nyor is added
to the peak - the peak is bare
oyka - man
yani hum - man big
mais - small
39933577511_f9d6a6a3cd_o.jpg
Hikers are taking out their equipment from the dormitory. Zina Kolmogorova and Yuri Yudin are at teh doorway. Zina is in a good mood, she holds Yura by his left hand, looks at him and smiles. Next to them are two backpacks. On the right, next to the porch near the three pairs of skis is Rustem Slobodin, checking the gear.
ekva - female
ekvat - alone
ayrish - a girl
From Burmantovo to Volen paul
airplane
nyan - bread
emos -good
mol - bad
saka - good
(at)Sol - (not)truth
Solval - salt
Pud - pot
Vat- water
Vit - wind
39901006092_fb993ab5f9_o.jpg
Red-bearded man called Ognev. His nickname is 'The Beard’.
Hul - fish
Neul - meat
sali - deer
Vazhenka - female
sohta - alpha male
sun - sled
sushep - look
yun - house
pyrya - scram (to the dog)
col - city
pisal - gun
topor - truck
kasay - knife
seranki mayen - give me the matches
atim - don't have
oli - have
Teynkvem - eat
ail - drink
39933576581_bfea7e7082_o.jpg
he is holding something in his right hand, perhaps a smoking pipe, holding his left hand busily in his thigh. Ognev is clearly posing for the photographer.
eri - must
ergan - sing
Olna - money
tselkoviy - ruble
akvat - 1
kita - 2
hurum - 3
nila - 4
at - 5
hot - 6
sat - 7
vovel - 8
nevel - 9
pul - 10
tinalil - eat
yuvtilum - sell
sup - pants m
gacha - f
sapaki - slippers
28153386069_fbe8a61a7f_o.jpg
Loggers come out to see off the Dyatlov group. From the left on the porch, raising his right hand to the top and squeezing it into a fist is Ognev, apparently speaking some kind of admonishing speech or a slogan. Next to him are three workers, one of the workers holds a book or notebook in his hand and looks at Ognev. Bottom of the right, next to the porch, near the window is Igor Dyatlov, he looks at Ognev and listens to his speech.
yelsup - dress
neks - sable
kutya - dog
pis-pis - mouse
suy - pine
paul - village
vor - forest
vorhum - bear
forest man
vas - duck.
kat - hands.
layal - legs.
pum - head.
punki - teeth.
palin - ears
28153386309_313b227652_o.jpg
polem - freezing
kur - stove
paltin - heat
chuval - stove
osemsau - good bye
ruma
nan - you, tav - he
am - I
nanki - you
amki - me
ayemun - large
saam - eyes
39933577811_4006ec4cf5_o.jpg
4st district, Zina Kolmogorova with Rustem Slobodin's camera. It's not cold outside, so Zina is dressed lightly.
nyel - nose.
ayserm - cold
Tyumen region
Berezovsky district
village Nyaksimvol
(sable slope)
Ognev Nikolay Grig.
----
Rudik Ivan Ivanovich

The whole day went, in front of the horse, behind the horse on the river Lozva.
They often flew to ice, cleaned skis.
They came already in the dark for a long time looking for a hut with windows and doors.
2nd North is an abandoned village, nobody lives here at all, and what beautiful places!
It's just Chusovaya.
The stones on the banks are some cliffs, limestone, white.
Today we go a few km along the
26060969838_7fb6270051_o.jpg
Igor Dyatlov stands with his back to the photographer near the porch. In the center of the photo Rustem Slobodin is bend over fastening his skis. Yudin is right next to him.
Lozva River, and then we pass to the Auspiya river.
> (note: the arrow from "Today" is drawn down to "Auspiya River" and to the following date "28.2.58")

Luda Dubinina diary

27 january Temperature is 5°.
Warm, skis are useless.
We are getting ready since the morning.
Today is the first day of the route.
Now we sit and wait for the horse to carry the backpacks, and we go on skis.
Fortune smiles at us. Yuri Yudin got sick, something with a nerve of his leg, in general he radiculitis and he is going home.
So, there are nine of us in the future.
At the moment we are sitting and singing songs.
Guys play the guitar, Rustic plays along with the mandolin.
Catches your heart.
This is the last place of civilization, and it is rare that we met people like that.
Overall I love the guitar and I adore all musical people.
And the guys in general are all good, they dance, they are musical.
We talked with Ognev.
He knows a lot and is interesting with him, now he talks about where we are going and more like this.
This, in my opinion, is the most interesting object here on the site.
He has such a long red beard, although he is only 27 years, he looks older.
And then there is Valya, who plays the guitar well (many play) and about whom I jokingly said that I like him.
Now most of the guys sit here and sing songs to the guitar, on the occasion that they do not work today.
It seems this is the last time I hear so many good new songs.
But we hope that Rustik will live up to the challenge.
We learn some Mansi words from the guys.
39933577221_e2f0f8f61e_o.jpg
Photo by Zina Kolmogorova
ya - river
neul - meat
sali - (illegible)
vazhenka - female deer
sohta - male
sun - sled
sushep - look
nyan - bread
yun - house
col - city
pisal - gun
39901005482_afb6d5f92a_o.jpg
Workers smile at Zina. From the left of the porch there is a window, one of the workers looks out the window, watching what is happening on the street.
sairep - axe
kasay - knife
matches - seranki
atim - don't have
oli - have
son - truth
tenkvem - eat
olna - money
ail - drink
at eri - have to (don't)
ergen - sing
tselkoviy - ruble
28153386239_509c02e9d0_o.jpg
Photo by Rustem Slobodin. 41st district, hostel, hired labor loggers and tourists from the Dyatlov group. Collective photo for memento. Many of the hikers were with their skis on. The backpacks were loaded onto the sleigh. Working loggers came out to see off the Dyatlov group. Next to Lyuda is a young guy in a fur hat, he obviously wanted to take a picture with Lyuda. This must be Valya Lyuda wrote about in her diary. "And then there is Valya, who plays the guitar well (many play) and about whom I jokingly said that I like him."
akva - one
(a turn seems missing? - note.)

Rustem Slobodin diary

To the restless mechanical Rustik for his diary
Northern Ural 1959 Sverdlovsk – Vizhay –
Airplane ticket Ivdel - Saranpaul 250 rubli (cargo free)
39933577001_2aa68d6842_o.jpg
Warm bread. From the left on skis Alexander Kolevatov stands and says something to Lyuda Dubinina. Lyuda stands on skis, eats warm bread and looks at Alexander. Next to Lyuda, Igor Dyatlov is skiing, looking at the photographer. Near Igor, with his back to the photographer, Semyon Zolotaryov is skiing, he eats bread and looks at Alexander, Valya ties Zolotaryov's laces on a hooded windbreaker. On the right with a piece of bread in his right hand and with ski poles in his left hand is Rustem Slobodin.
Mansi words
Oyk If in the name of the mountain there is nyer - means
the top (stone) is bare
oyka - muzhik, man, husband
ushnik - Mansi hunting house for warming
Tol - ya - talaya creek
sos - stream, together
ruma - friend
nache (nashte) - hello
hum - muzhik
yani - big
mais - small
ekva - woman
39901005392_942a77dddc_o.jpg
ekvat - alone
ayrish - girl
nyan - bread
emas - good
saka emas - very good
mol - bad
sol - true
solval - salt
at - negation
at-sol - not true
pud - pot
vat - water
39933576131_3c76e88209_o.jpg
A photo of poor quality. The group, having loaded backpacks on sleigh is headed to 2nd Northern along Lozva river. From left Kolevatov, Doroshenko, Zina Kolmogorova, Lyuda Dubinina. In the distance, behind the horse is Krivonischenko - the last in the group. The guys often have to stop and wait for the horse.
vit - wind
hul - fish
neul - meat
sali - deer
vazhenka - deer doe
sohta - alpha male
sun - sled
sushep - look
pisal - gun
sayrep - axe
mayen - give me
atim - don't have
oli - have
39933578231_6da7bceb57_o.jpg
Photo by Semyon Zolotarev. Lozva river, steep stony banks. The group stopped to clean the skis. From the left Kolevatov with no hat, Doroshenko wearing a hat with ear-flaps, Zina Kolmogorova, Lyuda Dubinina. To the right of the photo you can see the head of a horse. Alexander, Yura and Luda are looking at the photographer. Zina holds a piece of paper or a notebook in her left hand and reads something in it.
teynkvem - eat
aim- drink
huem - sleep
eri - must
ergen - sing
alna - money
selkoviy - ruble
akvat - 1
kita - 2
hurum - 3
nila - 4
at - 5
hot - 6
sat - 7
vovel - 8
39933578121_7411a9c569_o.jpg
The river Lozva, the weather is gloomy, but there is no snow and no wind. The group still consists of 10 tourist. Almost everybody is in the photo, but Kolevatov who we can see in the previous photo is to the left of the frame, and the photographer Semyon Zolotaryov. From the left is Doroshenko, Zina and Lyuda, in the center is the horse with pulling the sleigh topped with backpacks. The horse is led by uncle Slava, he stands and looks at someone behind the sleigh. Behind the sleigh follow Yura Yudin, Igor Dyatlov, Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles and Rustem Slobodin. In the distance behind is Krivonischenko, who is making sketches.
nevel - 9
pul - 10
tinalil - eat
yuvtilum - sell
sup gacha - pants
yelsup - dress
neks - sable
kutya - dog
suevat - pinery
suy - pine
vor - forest
vorhum - bear forest man
ul - fish
kat - hands
layal - legs
pum - head
pumk - teeth
28153386149_7e682f743b_o.jpg
Photo by Semyon Zolotarev. Dyatlov group along Lozva river on their way to 2nd Northern. Yuri Doroshenko, Zina Kolmogorova bent over, next to her Krivonischenko, Zina is followed by Lyuda Dubinina. In the background, Alexander Kolevatov. The guys stopped to clear the sticky, wet snow from the skis. Doroshenko looks at the photographer and smiles at something. Krivonischenko holds a notebook in his hands and, slightly bending his head to the right, looks at the photographer. Lyuda is holding her skis in her hands and is also looking at the photographer.
palin - ears
ayemun - disease, large
saam - eyes
nyel - nose
ayserm - cold
polem - freezing
kur - stove
paltem - heat
chuval - open
chimney in the corner

Dyatlov Group diary

The weather’s really good.
The wind is at our backs, and the lads made a deal with the locals for a horse to drive us to Second North settlement.
But it will be about 24 km from the 41st Settlement.
We helped Uncle Slava unload hay from a carriage and waited for the horse (it went to get more hay and wood).
We waited until 4:00 pm.
The boys started copying some songs.
One man sang beautifully.
We heard a number of illegal prison songs (Article 58 counter-revolutionary crimes).
Before that we bought four loaves of bread. Soft warm bread.
We ate 2 loaves. Horse is slow.
What a pleasure to go without backpacks.
We covered 8 km in 2 hours.
(River Ushma).
It's getting dark.
The horse is causing the delay.
Yuri Yudin is still with us.
He suddenly fell ill and he can't continue with the trek.
He wants to gather few minerals for the University and return.
Second North is an abandoned geological site consisting of 20-25 houses.
Only one is suitable for living.
In complete darkness we found a village and the house.
We started a fire with wood boards.
Smoke came form the stove.
Several people hurt their hands on old nails.
Everything is well.
Then the horse came.
We were talking and joking till 3 in the morning.
Doroshenko

Yuri Yudin diary

27 We spent the night in the hut of the 2nd Northern settlement.
There so much - many houses, warehouses, premises, forgot old vehicles, machine tools.
Everything was abandoned since 1952.
Here worked geological expedition what they could took out, the rest was exhausted and thrown.
The houses are all destroyed, there is only one with a stove and glass on the windows.
The place is picturesque.
Lozva river is wide.
Lots of lime rocks.
Uncle Slava says that in the summer you can cross the river, many warm, hot springs.
Sagebrush and water is not entirely frozen and there are places under the snow where water is not forzen after which we need to brake the ice from the skis.
Village Vizhay - camp (???) you can buy products.
Apothecary - artist Herzen ?.
German, wife is German.
Idyll in the family.
On the walls, relief paintings with filigree decoration, very masterfully, unusually finely executed.
Thousands of Chests - a view of Lozva in the summer and the same in the winter, more jewelry boxes, paintings - everywhere.
Big ones. In the pharmacy - wax from red rose, fluorescent compound, Kremlin - from test tubes with fluorine. compositions, glowing.
Built in wrist watch "Pobeda".
It works fine.
An unusually polite gentle, kind person.
Wife, German, very affable, hospitable They really care about the medicine.
For children, the best medicines are taken care of.
They beg me to send them penicillin in tablets from Ivdel, he has very little (for children), it is difficult to get good medication.
Boring, all tired of the lecture and something After all, it's so good from time to time to introduce a new thought, a new direction in the conversation ... especial
39933576771_31f9fc0968_o.jpg
This photo was taken at the same place as the previous two frames. Semyen Zolotarev, in the background Zina Kolmogorova stands on skis and blocks the figure of Lyuda Dubinina, between them there is one of the hikers, only skis and ski poles are visible. Simyon Zolotaryov gave his camera to one of the hikers and began to clean the snow from his skis.

28153386559_dabeceff9b_o.jpg
Lozva, you can see the skis traces that the group passed through.

26060969528_6c3b481013_o.jpg
Photo by Yuri Krivonischenko. Most likely this photo was taken on the Lozva river near the source of the Ushma river and the village of Ushma. Zina, Semyon and Lyuda clean their skis. Dyatlov group diary: "We covered 8 km in 2 hours (the river Ushma)." Doroshenko

#1035 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 28 styczeń 2019 - 20:21

qsCGbcW.jpg

January 28, 1959
Dyatlov group diary

January 28

We were awaken by the rumbling voices of Yurka Kri and Sasha Kolevatov.
Weather so far is smiling at us.
It's only -8C outside.
After breakfast, some of the guys lead by Yuri Yudin, our well- known geologist, went to look for local minerals.
They didn't find anything except pyrite and quartz veins in the rock.
Took them long time to wax their skis and adjust the mounting.
Yuri Yudin goes back home today.
It is a pity, of course, that he leaves us.
Especially for me and Zina, but nothing can be done about it.
Started at 11.45.
We go up the river Lozva.
We take turns to head the group for about 10 minutes.
Snow cover is significantly less than last year.
We have to stop and scrape the wet, melting snow from the bottom of the skis.
Yurka Kri is behind and makes sketches of the route.
The bank of the river near Second North (especially the right bank) are limestone cliffs that rise high at places.
Overall the terrain becomes flatter, entirely covered by forest.
We stop to rest at 5:30 pm on river Lozva.
Today we spend our first night in the tent.
The guys are busy with the stove, sewing curtains out of sheets.
With some thing completed and others not, we sit at dinner.
After dinner we sit for long time around the campfire and sing heartfelt songs.
Zina even tries to learn to play mandolin under guidance of our musician Rustik (Rustem Slobodin).
Then we resume our discussions, mostly about love.
Someone comes up with an idea that we need a special notebook for ideas that we might come up with.
Conspiring, we started going into the tent two people at a time.
The suspended stove radiates heat and divides the tent in two sections.
The further section is occupied by me and Zina.
Nobody wants to sleep by the stove.
We agree that Yurka Kri (Krivonischenko) will sleep there.
On the other side sleeps the person on duty (Sasha Kolevatov).
Yurka couldn't stand the heat and after laying down for 1-2 min, he got up and moved to the second section cursing and accusing us of treason.
After that they still argued about something for a long time, but at the end all was quiet.
Lyuda Dubinina - this entry is not signed, but can't be anybody else but Dubinina.

Zina Kolmogorova diary

Uncle Slava is leaving today on his horse, and Yura Yudin is leaving too.
He took a few samples.
I saw this type for the first after the drilling.
There is a lot of chalcopyrite and pyrite.
Last night the boys made stupid jokes.
In my opinion, if we don't pay attention to them, maybe they will be less rude. And so far, nothing.
It's time to go out, but they are still digging and digging.
I do not understand what's taking so long.
The first 30 minutes are over.
Of course, the backpack is somewhat heavy.
But it's possible to go.
The first day is always difficult.

left forward
Sasha Kolevatov tested his device and threw it away.
Second halt.
It was much easier to go yesterday without backpacks
snow, snow, snow, snow on the banks frozen river snow snow
Boundary stone.

Lunch was an hour at 4 pm After lunch we did just one more hike and stopped to rest.
I mended the tent.
We lay down to sleep. Igor was rude the whole evening,
I just couldn't recognize him.
I had to sleep on the wood near the stove.

Ludmila Dubinina diary

28 january
Woke up at 8 o'clock in the morning to someone's talk.
It turns out to be Yuri Krie and Sasha Kolya.
The weather is as warm as yesterday (t ° -8 °) Eat, h After breakfast, some of the guys Yura Yudin, Kolya and Yura Doroshenko went for the rocks in the core storage, where they decided to collect minerals for the collection.
Nothing but pyrite, and there were no quartz veins in the rock.
Gathered for a long time, prepared rations, greased the skis then
25081066037_bdd4228de8_o.jpg
Morning at the 2nd Northern abandoned geological site.
28172633509_54525a98b9_o.jpg
There is mine is in the 2nd Northern settlement.
Yuri Yudin holds a sample core in his hands.
39952255101_f0c4425163_o.jpg
Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles decided to sit down.
However, the bench was too close to the wall and the backpack on his back pushed against the wall.
As a result, Kolya sat down on the edge of the bench, his skis drove off and he fell to the ground along with the bench.
The fall made everyone laugh, a smile appeared even on his face.
25081068457_daaf9a150f_o.jpg
Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles lies, smiles and looks at the photographer.
Next to it stands Yudin, in his right hand holds a sample core.
Yuri pulled out a bench from Nicholas and put it back to the wall.
28172633299_14e9031e69_o.jpg
Parting with Yuri Yudin, they will never see each other again.
Igor Dyatlov on the left.
His backpack looks heavy.
Lyuda Dubinina hugs Yuri Yudin goodbye.
Despite the fact that her backpack is big, it does not seem to be heavy.
Lyuda had a bullet wound to her leg and the guys on the trek apparently tried to lighten her backpack as much as possible.
On the right, Kolya is behind Lyuda, he smiles and looks at Lyuda's farewell scene with Yudin.
39952257481_676488c4bf_o.jpg
Farewell Yuri Yudin with Zina Kolmogorova.
Yudin looks at Zina and makes a movement to hug her waist.
Zina, smiling, looks at Yudin and makes a counter motion to hug at his neck.
Zolotaryov is looking at Zina, he is skiing, ski poles are in his hands.
Backpack is on his back, although not visible but the strap is (and an ice ax or a spare ski pole).
39054165735_529e250166_o.jpg
When Zina and Yuri huged Zina's heavy backpack pulled her back, the skies went slid forward and Zina lost balance and fell on her back.
Yuri Yudin is helping Zina to get back on her feet with her heavy backpack.
25081063257_4ba72c8c21_o.jpg
Yuri Yudin stays behind, he is going back to 41st district with uncle Slava and the horse sled.
39952256171_37d9dabd2d_o.jpg
Last photo of 2nd Northern.
Dyatlov group will never be seen alive.
25081064377_e2eaa758aa_o.jpg
A photo showing the bank collapsed from being washed by the waters of river Lozva.
25081063587_7ce6535c70_o.jpg
The first day of the ski trip, the tourists were tired and stretched out along the route, it was decided to make the first stop.
In the distance, five figures of hikers walking along the Lozva are visible.
25081065427_737e100e71_o.jpg
Semyon Zolotaryov sits on a backpack looking at Rustem and warming his fingers.
Nearby is Zina Kolmogorova, she sits on a backpack, propping her head on her left hand and writing in her diary.
Rustem Slobodin holding a camera.
Yuri Doroshenko with his hands on his hips is looks at the photographer.
Alexander Kolevatov has tooken off his hat smoothing his hair.
Lyuda Dubinina sits on her backpack.
Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles is holding a camera and looking at Rustem.
Igor Dyatlov is holding a camera or compass in his hands.
Three hikers are looking at Rustem, obviously he says something and they listen attentively, could be what camera shutter speed to use in such weather conditions, to get good shots.
39952257131_a607da6795_o.jpg
Semyon Zolotaryov is sitting on the backpack and working his camera.
Nikolai gave his camera to Zina Kolmogorova, and she makes a photo of Rustem Slobodin.
25081062667_8f8d468b68_o.jpg
Rustem Slobodin puts on gloves, next to him lies his backpack and are perched his ski poles.
28172632499_6cc53000bb_o.jpg
Zina fiddling with the camera.
25081066787_425312793a_o.jpg
Semyon Zolotaryov posing for a photo.
25081065517_f1671dfd31_o.jpg
In the foreground Krivonischenko with felt boots, in the background Rustem Slobodin.
Yuri Krivonischenko and Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles exchanged their cameras to shoot each other.
26079735448_3d16dce4f6_o.jpg
Photo by Krivonischenko.
Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles in the center, Igor Dyatlov to the right.
39054166345_39c2375e2b_o.jpg
Rustem Slobodin
25081063937_dd96c0b23c_o.jpg
Semyon Zolotaryov is shooting Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles who looks pathetic in the photo, perhaps mocking the girls.
39054165455_4dcebfb2a0_o.jpg
Guys are fooling around while resting.
From the left Lyuda Dubinina, Yuri Krivonischenko, Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles with the black hat, embraced by Rustem Slobodin.
25081065647_2916bd5f58_o.jpg
Lyuda Dubinina with a camera, Rustem Slobodin points to another group of guys who stand to the right of the photographer and do not get into the frame.
Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles, and Zina Kolmogorova kneeling.
39054165205_a993850d36_o.jpg
Lyuda Dubinina, Rustem Slobodin, Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles and Zina Kolmogorova (kneeled down)
25081065037_59ecea7214_o.jpg
Nikolai Thibault-Brignol and Semyon Zolotarev swapped hats.
Semyon has a camera on him.
From the left, Zina Kolmogorova's hand came into the frame.
28172633579_07ff04b993_o.jpg
Nikolai Thibault-Brignol and Semyon Zolotaryov swapped hats.
25081064857_198c69fd01_o.jpg
Photo with poor quality but we can still recognize Nikolai Thibault-Brignol and Semyon Zolotaryov.
39054165485_8bb69c5bd4_o.jpg
Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles, Semyon Zolotarev and the arm of Zina Kolmogorova.
Nikolai looks at the photographer while Semyon is talking to Zina.
39054166775_5b64b18f60_o.jpg
Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles, Lyuda Dubinina, Semyon Zolotaryov and Zina Kolmogorova
39952256621_a2beb62f1d_o.jpg
Memorable photo - Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles, Lyuda Dubinina, Semyon Zolotaryov and Zina Kolmogorova
39952257991_315798f4c0_o.jpg
Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles, Lyuda Dubinina, Semyon Zolotaryov and Zina Kolmogorova
39952257741_c01e50df58_o.jpg
Before the lunch break.
A picture of poor quality.
Yuri Krivonischenko, Igor Dyatlov, Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles, Lyuda Dubinina and Zina Kolmogorova.
25081067237_581f79291b_o.jpg
Lunch break.
Semyon Zolotaryov sits on a backpack and talks to Zina Kolmogorova.
In the left hand she holds thin gloves.
On the right are the legs of Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles.
25081066407_17461edde0_o.jpg
Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles sits on a log and cuts a long walking stick.
The group walked along the river, evidently Nikolai decided to acquire this stick, since he had to go on first and with his help he intended to probe the snow ahead.
39054165845_c43017b32f_o.jpg
Nikolai is cleaning his skis with a knife.
28172632309_cb4fef1d35_o.jpg
Lunch break.
Shot of the surrounding landscape, low shores, dense forest, the sky is cloudy.
25081061807_1f60ea35d3_o.jpg
Dyatlov group is getting up after lunch.
Semyon Zolotaryov was leading the group before lunch, and now is behind.
A photo of poor quality.
Judging by the pictures that Semyon was taking, one can make the assumption that Zolotaryov did not have much experience in photography, and he himself acquired a camera recently.
39952256461_f6c8a199ec_o.jpg
Photo by Semyon Zolotaryov.
He is behind Zina Kolmogorova and decided to take a picture of the group against the background of Хой-Эква 733m (inactive volcano).
25081064117_25869a1d1a_o.jpg
Krivonischenko is leading the group and taking the photo.
In the distance mountain Хой-Эква 733m (inactive volcano).
39952253111_f14ed73762_o.jpg
Yuri Krivonischenko, Igor Dyatlov, Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles and possibly Zina Kolmogorova.
25081063827_8faf9a74b8_o.jpg
Photo of poor quality.
The group goes along the Lozva river, it is difficult to distinguish who is in the photo.
Dyatlov group pitched their tent at 17:30 on 28 January 1959 - 10 km from their starting point in 2nd Northern and 7 km to Auspiya river.

#1036 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 29 styczeń 2019 - 20:15

1aDYzyf.jpg

January 29, 1959
On January 29, 1959, the men of the group took turns to cut a trail for 10 mins, and the group was taking a break after all 7 rotated.
They stopped every 70 mins (2-3 km).
They turn on Auspiya river tributary.
The group stopped for lunch at the fourth halt.
They followed a Mansi ski trail and soon started seeing Mansi signs and storage platform (labaz).
Dyatlov group spent the night at the river Hoysipulsos (Хойсиспалсос) tributary.
It's Yuri Doroshenko's birthday.
He turned 21.

Zina Kolmogorova diary

Today is Yurka's birthday.
We go first to Lozva then we turn to Auspiya.
Surroundings are beautiful.
Along the Auspiya Mansi have passed.
A trail is visible, grooves, a path is visible.
We often see Mansi signs on the trail.
I wonder what they write about?
Now the Mansi trail goes South. (note: the turn is the sketch of the notch, the initials with the date Oct. 5, 1958, the drawing of the ax?)
Now we sit the three of us: Rustik, Yurka and I Waiting for the rest.
For the night stopped near the ski tracks.
We are burning firewood with Yurka.
We talked about the past.
Such a playboy.

Dyatlov group diary

Second day of our hike.
We made our way from the Lozva River to the Auspiya River.
We walked along a Mansi trail.
The weather is –13 C.
The wind is weak.
We often find ice on the Lozva River.
That's all.
Nick Thibeaux
25102083647_4e85a51d2b_o.jpg
Morning on Lozva river, Krivonischenko took a picture of the winding ski trail.
25102082837_71cb19f3c2_o.jpg

39074711925_20f019bed6_o.jpg
Lozva river, in the distance mountain Хой-Эква 733m.
39074712805_0f6327b586_o.jpg
Break on Lozva.
Yuri Doroshenko sits on his backpack.
From the backpack sticking out is the handle of an ice ax or an ax, next to it there is still someone's backpack, probably Zina Kolmogorova's.
A pencil sticks out of his breast pocket.
It's cold, Yuri has a hat and a windbreaker and warms his hands in his pockets.
He listens to the conversation of the guys and smiles.
39972559951_9fed9df175_o.jpg
Zina Kolmogorova barely in the frame, Nikolai, Zolotaryov, Lyuda Dubinina hidden behind him, last is Rustem Slobodin looking at the camera.
25102083347_73879f0d50_o.jpg
Photo by Zina Kolmogorova.
Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles, Semyon Zolotaryov, Lyuda Dubinina (left), Rustem Slobodin.
25102083107_384841dcca_o.jpg
Semyon Zolotaryov, Yuri Doroshenko and Igor Dyatlov reading the map.
39074716725_208d15c7e2_o.jpg
The group turned off from Lozva river and went to Auspiya through the forest following the ski trail of a Mansi hunter.
39074714115_b039e58c24_o.jpg
Auspiya river.
Following the Mansi hunter trail Dyatlov geoup came across a Mansi labaz (storage platform raised above the ground)
25102082947_fda9b468b6_o.jpg
Dyatlov group stopped for lunch.
They are discussing the Mansi labaz and what they should do for a cache before ascending to Mt. Otorten.
39972562601_5b55191c99_o.jpg
39972559601_b1b3e0c968_o.jpg
39972559731_eb6021a1bc_o.jpg
This looks like a trap for animals that the hikers came upon and took a picture.
39074716175_6e7f7ed64e_o.jpg

39074715225_7d2dba0298_o.jpg
Dyatlov group took pictures of Mansi markings that tell how many local hunters passed through this area and the family clan to which they belong.
Mansi are people of the north.
Very interesting and unique people that inhabit the North Polar Urals, closed to the Tyumen region.
They have a written language and leave characteristic signs on forest trees.
39074713285_590d63706a_o.jpg
Yuri Doroshenko examining the Mansi signs.

#1037 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 30 styczeń 2019 - 20:33

MNoIdH4.jpg

January 30, 1959

Dyatlov group diary

30 January 1959
Diary is written in the cold on the go.
Today is a third cold night on the bank of Auspiya river.
We are getting used to it.
The stove does a great job.
Some of us (Thibeaux and Krivonischenko) think we need to build steam heat in the ten.
The curtains in the tent are quite justified.
We get up at 8:30am.
After breakfast we walk along the Auspiya river, but the ice again doesn't allow us to move forward.
We went on the bank on a sledge-deer trail.
In the middle of the road the saw Mansi shed.
Yes, Mansi, Mansi, Mansi.
This word comes up more and more often in our conversations.
Mansi are people of the North.
Small Hanti-Mansijskiy nation located in Salehard with 8 thousand population.
Very interesting and unique people that inhabit the North Polar Urals, close to the Tyumen region.
They have a written language, and leave characteristic signs on forest trees.

Weather: temperature in the morning - 17 С day - 13 С night - 26 С.
The wind is strong, south-west, snow begins to fall, heavy clouds, drop in temperature.
The temperature is normal for Northern Urals.
This is a story about the forest.
Mansi signs tell about animals they saw, resting stops and other things.
It is particularly interesting to solve its meaning for the tourists as well as historians.
Deer trail turns into а trodden path, and then ends.
To go without a trail is very hard, snow is 120 cm (4 feet) deep.
The forest gradually thins and trees get smaller.
Lots of dwarf birches and pines.
It is impossible to walk on the river.
It is not completely frozen, there is ice and water under the snow.
We have to go back on the bank of the river.
The day is over and we have to find a place for bivouac.
That's the stop for the night.
Strong west wind.
It blows the snows off the cedar and pine trees, creating the impression of a snow fall.
As usual we quickly start a fire and pitch the tent on some fir branches.
We are warmed by the fire and go to sleep.

Unknown diary

January 30.
In the morning it was 17 ° now it is getting colder.
"Volunteers" (S. Kolevatov and K. Tibo are repeating their duties as a punishment for slowing the group yesterday) took a long time to start a fire.
In the evening it was decided that we will leave the tent exactly 8 minutes after waking up.
Therefore, all have been awake and waiting for the command.
But it is useless. Around 9:30 in the morning we began the passive preparation.
Nick T. is joking about something in the morning.
Everyone is reluctant to get up.
And the weather!
In contrast to the rest of the warm days - today is a sunny cold day.
The sun appears playful.
Today as yesterday were are following the path of Mansi.
Sometimes Mansi writings appear on trees.
In general, all sorts of obscure mysterious characters.
There is slogan for ​​our campaign, "In a country of mysterious signs."
If we knew these letters, it would be possible, without any doubt, to go down the path, confident that it would lead us to the right place.
Here the trail takes us to the shores of the river.
We lose track.
In the future, the trail follows the left bank of Auspii river, but the team of deer crossed the river and we are going through the woods.
At the first opportunity we will turn back to the river.
As it is easier to follow it.
At approximately 2 pm we stop for a lunch.
Dried meat, guest crackers, sugar, garlic, coffee, stocked in the morning - that's our lunch.
Good mood.
A couple more hours - and we will stop at 5 pm for the night.
We have been looking for a place, then we returned about 200 meters back.
Charming place.
Deadwood, high pines, in short, everything you need for a good night.

Luda quickly got tired and sat down by the fire.
Nick Thibault changed his clothes.
He began to write a diary.
The law is that until all the work is done, do not approach the fire.
And so they had a long argument, of who will sew the tent.
Finally K. Tibo gave up and took a needle.
Lyuda remained seated.
And we sewed the hole (and there were so many that there was enough work for all except two attendants and Lyuda.
Guys are terribly outraged.
Today is the birthday of Sasha Kolevatova*.
Congratulations.
We give him a clementine, which he immediately divided into 8 pieces (Lyuda went into a tent and did not come out until the end of the dinner).
So another day of our trek went smoothly.
Alexander Kolevatov was born on November 16th, not January 30th.

We go on Auspiya cold (ayserm).
Mansi trail ended.
Pine forest.
There was sun in the morning, now is cold (ayserm).
All day long we walked along Auspiya.
Will spend the night on a Mansi trail.
Kolya didn't get to be a watchman so me and Rustik will stay on duty today.
Burned mittens and Yurkin's second sweatshirt.
He cursed a lot.
Today, probably, we will build a storage.
28212228359_33041ac47d_o.jpg
The morning, apparently the group's first break, stopped next to more signs on the tree left by the Mansi hunters.
Igor Dyatlov in the photo.
His jacket is dirty, camera hangs on his chest.
The cut-off tiny tree is clearly visible right below.
The trunk could be chopped by the Mansi hunter.
28212227329_e1f46b4253_o.jpg
Simyon Zolotaryov, his mustache is frosted, on the left side of his chest hangs a flashlight.
From the front and left, two backpacks are visible on the photo.
On the front backpack are fastened boots.
In the background, from the left, behind the squinting spruce stands a man in a light storm jacket with a black hat on his head.
Could be Yuri Doroshenko who was wearing a fur hat, he probably waits for the rest of the group.
25120890887_6ea988cde5_o.jpg
Zina Kolmogorova draws in her notebook the Mansi symbols on the tree.
Behind her is Semyon Zolotarev.
39991222771_9878911f7e_o.jpg
Rustem Slobodin and Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles caught up with the group.
Rustem stuck his ski poles in the snow and looked at the signs on the tree.
Taking ski poles underarms, behind him is Nikolai.
At the feet of Nikolai, there is a spare pair of skis on the snow, obviously a spare pair of skis was passed on to the change on the route to the one who was behind the column.
In the foreground, Alexander Kolevatov is sitting on the backpack and looking at Rustem.
Next to him is Simon Zolotarev.
On the left leg of Kolevatov, there is an object similar to the Igor Dyatlov's bag, in which there is a general diary of the group and the map, Alexander pressed it to his leg with his left elbow.
Obviously, Igor studied the further route, while they waited for the whole group to gather, and Kolevatov made the first entry for January 30 in the general diary.
Or perhaps the first entry was made by Lyuda Dubinina who (unlike Alexander Kolevatov) never signed her entries to the general diary, and then gave the diary to Kolevatov.
28212228639_9d111f1fe4_o.jpg
Sunny morning, the group walks through the forest along the Auspiya River.
Prior to the first stop, Krivonischenko was apparently the first to go.
After the break, the group reassemble and Krivonischenko is the last.
He took a photo of the trail left by the skiers.
25120891267_c5b73d5bb1_o.jpg
The group emerged from the forest on the river Auspiya, walking along the shore adhering to the right side.
First goes Igor Dyatlov, second Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles, followed by Lyuda Dubinina.
Igor stopped and looked back at the photographer.
On the back of Lyuda there is a light backpack, she walks freely with an imposing gait.
The weather is clear, the sun is shining.
Each of the boys is cutting a trail for 10 minutes, another 20 minutes and the group will stop.
39281407144_f1e093d2dc_o.jpg
The group is walking along Auspiya river.
Despite the very poor quality of the picture, the ski track of the group is clearly visible.
In the distance you can distinguish five dark figures.
Apparently there was a change and now the first goes Thibeaux-Brignolles, followed by Lyuda Dubinina, the third - it is unknown, the fourth is Zina Kolmogorova.
28212228119_90228b3d75_o.jpg
Sunny weather.
Next to Zolotaryov are two trees, the second one has Mansi markings.
Ahead of him are ski track - part of the group has already disappeared from view in the forest.
In the foreground Zina Kolmogorova is fixing her shoe overalls.
At the right of her are two backpacks, one of them is hers, and the second most likely belongs to Igor Dyatlov.
28212229119_1eea904e68_o.jpg
Krivonischenko looks at Mansi signs.
At the bottom of the second tree are harvested logs.
39281406664_f62634a60c_o.jpg
The year 1958 must have been carved by somebody else, it is not characteristic for Mansi to write the year.
There are logs next to the tree ready to be used in a camp fire.
39093412435_ba4b113301_o.jpg
Dyatlov group on a break.
The weather has changed, overcast.
(.... To go without a trail is very hard, snow is 120 cm (4 feet) deep.
The forest gradually thins and trees get smaller.
You can feel the altitude.
Lots of dwarf birches and pines. ...)
39991223331_cb2111cd83_o.jpg
Semyon Zolotaryov on a group’s break
28212227769_388e6fbf71_o.jpg
Zina Kolmogorova, Lyuda Dubinina, Rustem Slobodin and Alexander Kolevatov
39991223791_daa3a82a1e_o.jpg
Auspiya river, winter forest.
Evening, 5 pm, the group is looking for a place to spend the night.
(... At the first opportunity we will turn back to the river... we will stop at 5 pm for the night.
We have been looking for a place, then we returned about 200 meters back. ...)

#1038 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 31 styczeń 2019 - 20:21

old18me.jpg

January 31, 1959

The sequence of frames in film №1 is questionable.
The film is cut and it is hard to tell which frame follows which.
According to the sequence of frames it turns out that Doroshenko's sweatshirt was burned in the night January 31 to February 1.
However, it is known from the diary of Zina Kolmogorova that the sweatshirt was burned in the night January 30 to January 31.
There is a clear contradiction.
What to believe, the sequence of the film cut into several parts or entries in the diary?
With the further restoration of the chronology of events, we will stick to the entries in the diaries.

Dyatlov group diary

31 January 1959
Today the weather is a bit worse wind (west), snow (probably from the pines) because the sky is perfectly clear.
Came out relatively early (around 10 am).
Took the same Mansi sled trail.
Till now we walk along a Mansi trail, which was crossed by a deer hunter not long ago.
Yesterday we apparently came across his resting stop.
Deer didn't go much further.
The hunter didn't follow the beaten trail and we are now in his steps.
Today was surprisingly good accommodations for the tent, air is warm and dry, despite the low temperature of -18C to -24C.
Walking is especially hard today.
Visibility is very low.
We can't see the trail and sometimes we have to advance gropingly.
All we can do is 1.52 km (1 mile) per hour.
We are forced to find new methods of clearing the path for the skis.
The first member leaves his backpack on the ground and walks forward, then returns and rests for 10-15 minutes with the group.
Thus we have a non-stop paving of the trail.
It is especially hard for the second to move down the new trail with full gear on the back.
We gradually leave the Auspiya valley, the rise is continuous, but quite smooth.
Fir trees are replaced by wispy birch-wood.
We came out of the tree line.
Wind is western, warm, penetrating.
The speed of the wind is similar to the air draft created by a taking off airplane.
Firn, open spaces.
I can't even start thinking of setting up a storage.
It's close to 4. 
We have to start looking for a place to pitch the tent.
We are going south in Auspiya river valley.
This apparently is the place covered with the deepest snow.
Wind is not strong, snow cover is 1,22 m.
Tired and exhausted we started the preparations for the night.
Not enough firewood.
Frail damp firs.
We started fire with logs, too tired to dig a fire pit.
We had supper right in the tent. It's warm.
It is hard to imagine such a comfort somewhere on the ridge, with a piercing wind, hundreds kilometers away from human settlements. 
Dyatlov

26136663128_52421b05bc_o.jpg
The stream is not frozen.
Walking along the creek is not possible, large snowdrifts and deep snow.
This photo in possible to have been taken on January 30.
40008986751_4a984e9a12_o.jpg
Alexander Kolevatov and Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles, behind them stands a pair of skis.
Behind Nikolai's right, leaning against the birch and all in the snow, lies a backpack.
To this birch is tied an extension that holds the center of the tent.
Behind the backpack and birch stands a tent.
The edge of the slope of the tent is covered with snow, wet spots are visible on the slope.
Alexander is pointing at something down and laughs, Nikolai looks down and laughs too.
The guys most likely laugh at the burnt Doroshenko's sweatshirt.
39111369955_6f506a3b22_o.jpg
Dyatlov (left, bended), Zolotaryov, Dubinina and Kolevatov (right) brushing ashes from Dyatlov's homemade stove.
We can see Kolevatov's Finnish knife.
Note how the tent is suspended on a rope tied to nearby trees.
From this photo and other we can speculate that Lyuda liked to hang around the the seniour member of the group - Zolotaryov and Thibeaux-Brignolles.
That can explain her choice to join them at the last hours of her life.
39111371615_0a354b3ff4_o.jpg
Just for laughs Rustem Slobodin put on the burnt sweatshirt that belonged to Yuri Doroshenko and posed for the photo.
40008986611_6b67e540b0_o.jpg
Morning, Rustem Slobodin posing for a photo in the burnt sweatshirt that belonged to Doroshenko.
Behind him in the snow lies a pair of skis, in front of him is a backpack, Rustem's feet are covered with shoe covers.
The group is preparing to get on the trail.
26136664038_c4865c5c39_o.jpg
... It's impossible to walk along the river - it did not freeze, and under the snow, water and ice ...
In the photo Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles.
To the left in the snow lies the ski.
Large drifts, deep snow, Nikolai fell into a creek under the snow.
39977503962_9cb2f02935_o.jpg
Nikolai lies in the snow.
The ski that lay next to it is no longer visible covered with snow, next to it there are two ski poles.
One ski stick plunged into the snow to the very handle, this indicates that the depth of the snow is more than a meter.
Some of the guys tried to pull Nikolai by the legs and pulled off his left foot boots.
39111370715_d0dbbe864d_o.jpg
Nikolai cleared himself of some snow and puts a black glove on his left hand.
Apparently it was his turn to pack the snow ahead of the group.
The group walked along the river covered with snow and at some point Nikolai collapsed.
39299833934_2d93394ecd_o.jpg
Nikolai got out of the snowdrift, got to his feet, put on his right foot boots and looked at the guys.
In the foreground, behind the branches, lies his backpack, next to him is a black right mitt, skis and ski poles.
In front to the left is a hole in the snow, probably under it is a stream.
25138517737_e7a98cc5dd_o.jpg
You can see tracks leading to the silhouette.
This is not somebody hiding in the forest going after the group, like Yeti.
This theory is Discovery channel’s way to justify a budget spent on a movie - so they had to offer an ending that will speak to the american audience.
In the states you can’t make a movie and not have an ending.
Please stop asking me about the “Yeti” photo.
This is Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles.
Ok?
39111371375_6dfe8bb2f1_o.jpg
Nikolai smiles at the photographer, although it's clear he is very cold.
40008987411_0869b5b35b_o.jpg
The group stopped for lunch.
In the foreground is Zina Kolmogorova.
She stuck her ski poles in the snow, one of the guys helped her take off her backpack and put it next to her.
Zina took off the mittens and threw them on the snow, in her right hand she holds several pieces of sugar, waiting for Kolya Thibaut to give her the rest of the dinner.
On the left Kolya Thibaut's foot and hand, he sits on a backpack and distributes food to the hikers.
Yuri Krivonischenko, Lyuda Dubinina, Yuri Doroshenko and Alexander Kolevatov.
39111371295_a47534c9dd_o.jpg
After lunch, the group heads to the pass.
Bad weather, strong wind, blizzard, visibility is limited. In the photo, most likely it's Zina Kolmogorova.
39977504142_b55eff9e9c_o.jpg
In the photo is Rustem Slobodin, on his shoulders there is a backpack with a pair of felt boots, a handle of an ax sticks out from the backpack.
Next to him is a backpack, on the far background from the right one more backpack is seen, most likely it's a bag with the tent.
The group stopped at the foot of the pass on the border of the forest.
There is strong wind, blizzard and low visibility.
40008986321_58bcbceae8_o.jpg
Photo by Yuri Krivonischenko
In the foreground, without a backpack, stands Igor Dyatlov and looks somewhere to the left of the photographer.
His left knee in the snow, obviously Igor was kneeling when he took off his backpack.
From the left, behind Igor, is Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles, he took off his ski boot and looked at the photographer.
Resisting the force of the wind, Igor and Nikolai inclined their bodies forward.
In the background is Lyuda Dubinina, she turns away from the wind and looks around, looks at the one who follows her.
She has a small backpack on her back.
The presence of a small backpack on the back of Lyuda Dubinina.
She had a leg wound, so the guys tried to make the weight of her backpack as easy as possible.
Behind her another figure is visible, most likely it's Alexander Kolevatov.
The group came to the foot of the pass and stopped at the edge of the forest.
Around the small crooked birches and spruce.
The weather is very different from what it was in the valley of the Auspiya river.
On the pass there is a strong wind, blizzard, low visibility is bad at 100 - 200 m.
We gradually leave Auspiya valley, the rise is continuous, but quite smooth.
Fir trees are replaced by wispy birch-wood.
We came out of the tree line.
Wind is western, warm, penetrating.
The speed of the wind is like air draft created by a taking off airplane.
Firn, open spaces.
I can't even start thinking of setting up a storage.
It's close to 4 pm.
39111371085_a658263c30_o.jpgPhoto by Yuri Krivonischenko
It seems like there were members of the group that were sent out to scout the pass, and they just came back.
Very interesting shot - it recorded one of the important moments in the fate of the group.
The tourists stopped at a halt, on the border of the forest, to put on warm clothes and prepare for further ascent in the mountain.
While the group was gathering firewood, Dyatlov and Kolevatov went further up to assess the conditions.
Igor Dyatlov on the left, talking to Semyon Zolotaryov.
Igor is on the skis, Alexander Kolevatov listens to what Igor is saying and looks at Semyon or at some of the guys behind him.
To the right is Semyon Zolotarev, he threw a jacket on his shoulders and listens attentively to what Igor is saying with a serious expression on his face.
Behind Semyon is Yura Doroshenko, he goes to his backpack. In the background on skis is Rustem Slobodin with a heavy backpack, with boots on top of it.
On the previous photo there was an ax sticking out of his backpack, now it's not there.
They are cutting wood for the night.
Rustem warms his hands in his pockets and looks at Lyuda and Nikolai.
Next to him on the ski is Zina Kolmogorova.
She is slightly bent forward and puts her left arm on her shoulder strap from the backpack.
Near Zina on the right, stands Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles on skis, on his shoulders hangs a heavy backpack.
With his right hand Nikolai is helping Zina to put her backpack on her shoulders.
In the foreground, with his back, next to the dwarf birch, stands Lyuda Dubinina.
She warms her hands in the pockets of her trousers and looks at the guys.
On the snow there are two backpacks, one is Yuri Doroshenko's, and the second must be Semyon Zolotaryov's.
To the backpacks are attached brush and firewood for the stove.
The group stands in a small hollow on the edge of the forest.
From the right of the group is a small hill, on which grow dwarf, ugly birches.
Strong headwind, blizzard, visibility no more than 100 m.
This photo captures a key moment.
What happened here?
It may seem that Igor, as the head of the group, made a gross mistake, led tourists to a radial ascent without having made storage and the group was in extremely unfavorable conditions.
Here everything depended on the further choice of the route.
... Today, probably, we will build a storage. ...
Apparently, there was no certainty, Igor himself did not know exactly where they would build the storage?
If the group was going to follow the route; the river Auspiya - the river Lozva - mountain Otorten, they should overcome a pass and go down to a valley of the river Lozva.
The ascent to the Mt Otorten, by plan, was supposed to happen from the valley of Lozva river, but then they would not need need the brush and firewood before going through the pass.
The group reached the pass early, and during lunch, Dyatlov decided to stack up with firewood and go up the pass for an overnight on the ridge.
There was still enough bright time of day to continue the trek for the day.
Igor intended to raise the group with full equipment to Mt Kholat Syakhl.
There he planned to spend a cold overnight, then to cross the northern peaks of the Kholat Syakhl and descend to the valley of the Lozva river, build a storage and continue to Mt Otorten.
After careful consideration Igor decided that the exercise to spend the night on the pass will make more sense if they leave the extra load here.
On this photo is captured the moment when Igor is explaining to Zolotaryov his change of plan:
  • go back to Auspiya river for a warm and sheltered campsite
  • make a storage, leave an extra load
  • next day continue to Mt Otorten without descending from the pass. They would have already built the storage and left the extra load on Auspiya river. The standard route to go up Mt Otorten was from Lozva river. Dyatlov had a different idea in mind - once on top of the pass to continue on the ridge light from extra weight, trek easily on firm ice on the ridge of Mt Kholat Syakhl without loss of altitude, and spend a warm night on the lake, the source of Lozva river
  • make an ascent to Mt Otorten and set off on the return journey.

#1039 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 01 luty 2019 - 20:15

1mdEjNV.png

February 1, 1959

On February 1 the group started out late, covered 2 km only and pitched a tent on the open ridge for a "cold" overnight i.e. without firewood.
Dyatlov group had to prepare a note for the ascent to Mt Otorten, but instead they write on Evening Otorten №1, the satirical propaganda leaflet.
39995449222_289a87a938_o.jpg
The only written piece where snowman (or Yeti) is mentioned is in Evening Otorten №1, the satirical propaganda leaflet Dyatlov Group put together at the night of the incident.
The case file does not contain a photo of this flyer, only a transcript of its content.
You might think that Keith McCloskey, Libecki and others would want to consult the original document in order to independently authenticate such an apparently important clue, but they do not.
26154416558_b453c799a8_o.jpg
We have to guess what their plans were.
  • They were carrying the stove and even though they did not used it that night it means that they were planning on using it at least once before their return back to the labaz.
  • They pitched the tent on the ridge although they had the time to go down to Lozva river. The only reason to do that is to continue in the morning on high grounds towards Otorten, where it is easier to ski on firm snow.

The conclusion is that they planned to have more "warm" overnight on February 2 at lake Lunthusaptur (Лунтхусаптур) under Mt Otorten where the source of Lozva starts.
They must have planned to make the note for the ascent then.
On the morning of February 3 make an ascent to Mt Otorten, and replace the note that was there with their own.
Then they pack their tent and start their way back.
They spend another "cold" overnight on February 3 on Kholat Syakhl.
On February 4 the group was supposed to go back to their labaz on Auspiya river.
From the campsite on February 1 to Mt Otorten is about 18 km.
Taking into account the return journey, that makes 36 km.
The group planned to leave on February 1 and return on February 4 to the labaz, the group had to take products for 3 days.
The upcoming route was r. Auspiya - lake Lunthusaptur - Mt Otorten - r. Auspiya.
They started late on February 1 because they waited for the weather to clear out.
They wrote Evening Otorten №1, built a storage (labaz), gather firewood for the return back.
Then after lunch, Dyatlov took the risk and lead the group up the the mountain Kholat Syakhl.
Dyatlov Pass is not where the group was headed.
The pass is the place to go over Kholat Syakhl if you are going to come down.
Some people speculate that Dyatlov got lost and didn't find the pass.
This is not true.
The group didn't intend to go though the pass.
They wanted to gain altitude and stay on the ridge for a "cold" overnight i.e. without firewood.
6uhHnJy.jpg
Loose photo with unknown origin
Dyatlov (left, bended), Zolotaryov, Dubinina and Krivonischenko (right) brushing ashes from Dyatlov's portable stove.
We can see Kolevatov's Finnish knife.
Note how the tent is suspended on a rope tied to nearby trees.
From this photo and other we can speculate that Lyuda liked to hang around the the senior member of the group - Zolotaryov and Thibeaux-Brignolle.
That can explain her choice to join them at the last hours of her life.
50699327_1978964702399462_65329343085150
Krivonischenko film №1 frame №29
Alexander Kolevatov and Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles, behind them stands a pair of skis.
Behind Nikolai's right, leaning against the birch and all in the snow, lies a backpack.
To this birch is tied an extension that holds the center of the tent.
Behind the backpack and birch stands a tent.
The edge of the slope of the tent is covered with snow, wet spots are visible on the slope.
Alexander is pointing at something down and laughs, Nikolay looks down and laughs too.
The guys most likely laugh at the burnt Doroshenko's quilted jacket.
51136493_1978965829066016_35811366103490
Krivonischenko film №1 frame №30
Morning, just for laughs Rustem Slobodin puts on the burnt quilted jacket that belonged to Yuri Doroshenko and posed for the photo.
50648339_1978965952399337_55377306000870
Krivonischenko film №1 frame №31
Rustem Slobodin posing for a photo in the burnt quilted jacket that belonged to Doroshenko.
Behind him in the snow lies a pair of skis, in front of him is a backpack, Rustem's feet are covered with shoe covers.
The group is preparing to get on the trail.
40026934461_090e68a0c3_o.png
They went 2 km and about 3 pm setup a camp site.
39995449332_644c065c7d_o.jpgFebruary 1 Dyatlov group on their way to Kholat Syakhl

26154416738_97f415fe22_o.jpg
February 1 Dyatlov group on their way to Kholat Syakhl

26154416318_0170ae1cc7_o.jpg
February 1 Dyatlov group setting up the tent for their last night alive, photo is taken around 3 pm
Dyatlov group setting up the tent for their last night alive, photo is taken around 5 pm.
Rakitin disputes this conclusion, we can not be sure what time were these last photos taken.
39995448902_a66235fb82_o.jpgFebruary 1 Dyatlov group setting up the tent for their last night alive, photo is taken around 3 pm
According to the Resolution to close the case where Lev Ivanov says:
...Dyatlov, as the leader of the group, made a gross mistake allowing the group to begin the ascent on 1.II.59, only at 15-00. - 2 - Later, on the ski trail, which was preserved at the time of the search, it was possible to establish that the tourists, moving to the valley of the fourth tributary of the Lozva River, were 500-600 m to the left and instead of the pass formed by the peaks "1079" and "880" they went up on the eastern slope of height "1079".
This was Dyatlov's second mistake.
Using light day time to rise to the top of the "1079", in conditions of strong wind that is usual in this area, and a low temperature of the order of 25-30°C, Dyatlov group found themselves at unprofitable conditions for spending the night and decided to pitch the tent on a slope of height "1079" so that in the morning of the next day, without losing altitude, go to the Mt. Otorten, to which the distance in straight line remained about 10 km.
In one of the cameras the last frame shows the moment of excavation of snow for the installation of the tent.
Considering that this frame was shot with an exposure of I/25 seconds, with a diaphragm of 5.6 at a film sensitivity of 65 Un.
GOST, and taking into account the density of the frame, we can assume that the tourists started the installation of the tent around 5 pm 1.II.59.
A similar picture was taken with another camera.
After this time, no records and no photos were found.”
Rakitin disputes Ivanov's examination of the photos.
He says that Ivanov calculated the time based on their Sverdlovsk time and the position of the sun on the plain.
And Rakitin believes that in the mountains the sun sets earlier and therefore it is necessary to make allowances.
Photographers believe that according to such characteristics as ISO, aperture and shutter speed (shutter speed 1 / 25s, with aperture of 5.6, with a film sensitivity of 65 UGOST), in principle, it is impossible to determine the shooting time, because on a clear and cloudy day you will have different camera settings at the same time.
You can determine the time of shooting only if you have a clear shadow and you clearly know the direction of North-South, based on the concept of astronomical midday and the movement of the sun 15 degrees per hour.
There are no shadows on these photos and orientation is not known. So time can not be set in principle.
On February 2 the group was supposed to cover 14 - 14.5 km on a firm snow, reach lake Lunthusaptur and to have a "warm" overnight.
That's way they took the stove with them and was found in the tent, not used on the tragic night of February 1.
What happened on the night of February 1959 will haunt us till this day.
I can offer only a speculative reenactment of the events of this night.

#1040 fortyck

fortyck

Administrator

• Administrator
  • 16172 postów

Napisano 01 luty 2019 - 20:39

Makeshift ski mask, this is what they use to wear.

This is what they we wearing on February 1st 1959

0a5rKOd.jpg

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten temat: 1

0 użytkowników, 1 gości, 0 anonimowych