Skocz do zawartości

Tragedia na Przełęczy Diatłowa (1 luty 1959 r.)

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

• Odpowiedzi 2,1 tys.
  • Dodano
  • Ostatniej odpowiedzi

Top użytkownicy w tym temacie

• fortyck

My report from the last expedition.

64 YEARS CONFERENCE YEKATERINBURG

Żródło: https://www.facebook.com/dyatlovpass9

Mihail Sharavin, the first to discover both the tent and the dead, claims that the bodies under the cedar were covered with a blanket.

There is no record of his testimony in the case files.

So where is his testimony?

Although the blanket doesn't appear anywhere in the protocols, just because something is improbable, in this particular cold case, it's not a merit to disregard.

The cedar is a crucial point in this mystery.

Something went very wrong there.

Although the tent was found on the slope many believe it was not the Dyatlov group who pitched it there.

But no one argues that the hikers were under the cedar.

The question still is - what happened there, under this huge tree?

THEY WERE FOUND UNDER THE CEDAR.

DYATLOV PASS.

March 18, 2021.

Copyright Dzen.ru.

Author "Storm" at Otorten

jQBIkmu.jpg

The cedar...

This is the key word in the Dyatlov group trek.

The word and place, which has become a cult, although there are rumors that the real cedar is no longer there, that it cut down.

Why?

So it doesn't become a place of cult and to confuse the tourists who come every year to this place.

Witnesses' testimonies.

A participant in the serach in 1959 Moisey Abramovich Akselrod: "As you know, 2 corpses were found near the cedar: Krivonischenko and Doroshenko, but a thorough study of the fire suggests that there were more people around the fire.

I have the following reasons:

1) Judging by the work done, the two cannot cope with the amount of work that has been done there.

2) A small burnt handkerchief was found near the fire, it belonged to a woman.

3) A tattered cuff of a dark-colored sweater was found, which is not from the clothing found on any of the frozen bodies we have so far discovered."

- 2 -

l77Uae9.jpg
The first photo of the frozen bodies. There is almost no snow.

Atmanaki: About two meters from the place of their death, behind the cedar, traces of a fire were preserved, quite large, judging by the fact that the preserved fire log up to 80 mm in diameter burned out in half, everything was powdered with snow, but under the cedar were found checked shirt, handkerchief, a few socks, cuffs from a jacket or sweater, and a few other small things.

Slightly closer to the cedar were picked up eight rubles, in denominations of 3 and 5 rubles.

Twenty meters around the cedar, there are traces of how someone from those present near the cedar cut a young spruce trees with a knife, about twenty such cuts were preserved, but we did not find the trunks themselves, with the exception of one.

There was a lot of dry wood.

In addition, there was no need to cut or chop, because all these young shoots easily broke even with a little effort.

You might think that people who were very weakened or with a clouded mind did this.

On the cedar itself, several broken branches were visiable.

Most of the dry branches were broken to a height of up to 5 m.

In addition, the side of the cedar facing the slope on which the tent stood was cleared of branches at a height of 4-5 m ...

CEqy6cS.jpg
Photo when part of the snow was removed. Looks like a draped blanket (cover) on top of the bodies. Then it disappeared somewhere. There is no mention in the case files either.

- 3 -

Maya Piskareva: Vladimir, near the cedar, where the bodies of two dead guys were found, the searchers said that branches up to 8 cm thick were broken off.

Is it possible to simply break off such thick branches with your bare hands?

P3GylIr.jpg

V. Askinadzi: The cedar is a fragile tree even in summer, and in winter all trees, except for birch, are easily breakable due to the frost.

A branch 8 cm thick in winter can be easily broken only if you hang on it.

You can't break it just standing on it with your foot.

And you can’t cut such branches with a knife, for this you need an ax.

M.P.: And if you drop something heavy on top of such a branch, will it break?

V.A.: If you throw something heavy, it will not break, the branch will spring back.

You will never break a branch of 8 cm with your feet, only with an ax, and not with a knife.

Try it - and everything will be clear.

When you hang, the weight is 60-70 kg, under this weight, not only a branch of 8 cm, but a large branch (knot) can be broken.

There were no saws and axes found with the bodies of the Dyatlov group.

Member of the search Sogrin witness testimony: ...On the first of March, I, Akselrod, Tipikin, and Lev Ivanov were dropped off at the scene of the accident.

We were met by a large group of people heavily wrapped in balaclavas.

The wind threw snow in the face and tried to throw it off the plateau.

Dyatlov's belongings and several people were quickly loaded into the helicopter.

Behind a large outlier lay 3 corpses already pulled up to the helipad.

Despite the bad weather we went in search.

We started probing the slope, but due to the bad weather and the inexperience of the search participants, the search was not effective.

We passed the place of death of Kolmogorova, Dyatlov and approached the cedar.

Near it lay Krivonischenko in a shirt and underpants.

Near the cedar, we could see the remains of a fire that burned for two hours (changed to "2-3" - ed. note) due to the lack of a sufficient amount of firewood.

The camp fire was not large and could not warm people, moreover, undressed.

From the inspection of the place, it became clear that there were not two people, but more, because a colosal work has been done on the preparation of firewood, spruce branches.

This is evidenced by a large number of cuts on tree trunks, broken branches and fir trees, this was later confirmed by things found by the fire: a shirt, a cuff from a sweater, a scarf.

- 4 -

Items found near the cedar and the den

Piece of clothing Location Note
1. Burnt sock By the fire under the cedar Found Feb 27 (1-3).
Similar on the corpse of Krivonischenko, brown.
Probably part №7.
2. Checked shirt By the fire under the cedar Found Feb 27 (1-3).
In the pocket bills of 3 and 5 rubles.
3. Balaclava green, half burnt By the fire under the cedar Found Feb 27 (1-3)
4. Ladies' handkerchief By the fire under the cedar From the interrogation on Mar 10 (1-68)
5. Cotton sock In the trouser pocket of a corpse Mar 8 (1-96,97).
Discovered during Slobodin's autopsy
6. Gray sweater cuff By the fire under the cedar Radiogram Mar 4 (1-179)
7. Three burnt cotton socks By the fire under the cedar Radiogram Mar 4 (1-179)
and testimony (1-299). Probably along with №1.
8. Dark fabric belt with lanyards at the ends.
Length about 80 cm, width about 10 cm.
By the fire under the cedar From the interrogation on Apr 15 (1-299)
Probably found at the end of February, it is not known exactly.
9. White Chinese wool jumper The den Found May 6 (1-341)
10. Sweater warm woolen brown whole The den Found May 6 (1-341)
11. Brown trousers with tattered ends The den Found May 6 (1-341)
12. Black ski pants leg The den Found May 6 (1-341)
Second half of №14
13. Half sweater beige Glade 15m from the den Found May 6 (1-341)
The second half of the one on Dubinina's leg
14. Half ski pants Glade 15m from the den Found May 6 (1-341)
Trousers without a trouser leg, burnt through.
Second half of №12.
15. Handkerchief In the trouser pocket of the corpse May 9 (1-345)
Discovered during Kolevatov's autopsy.

- 5 -

Photo of a cedar tree with broken branches and some piece of cloth.

Maybe - a trace of Mansi?

m9UXZuG.jpg

Member of the search Slobtsov Boris Efimovich witness testimony:

Question: What can you add to your testimony?

Answer: I will not tell how and where the corpses were found, because this is known from the testimony of other persons, but I can note that near the cedar, under which the bodies of Doroshenko and Krivonischenko were found, I saw Mansi Bahtiyarov find 8 rubles in the snow in bills of 5 and 3 rubles folded, but without me they found a coin of 5 kopecks, a whole checked shirt, a few simple cotton socks, a piece of a sweater, a handkerchief.

Personally, I saw how a dark-colored cloth belt with lanyards at the ends was found under this cedar.

I don't know who this item belongs to.

The length of this item was about 80cm, the width is about 10cm, it looked like a belt or strap that Mansi use to pull loads, but it was too weak to be used for this purpose.

This "belt", as well as the "Mansi strap" and winter soldier's windings, were not recorded by the case files.

Why?

A number of arguments suggest that Dyatlov could not have pitched the tent on the slope of 1079 under any circumstances:

Kolmogorova, Dyatlov and Slobodin could not have been returning to the tent in a straight line from the cedar, there is a deep ravine full of snow between the cedar and the tent...

1. According to the plan, they were not supposed to to go height 1079. According to the notes of the diaries and according to the expedition plan (which have not yet been published - although they were found it in a tent), it was planned to climb Mt Otorten along the upper reaches of the Lozva River, overcoming the Pass from the Auspiya River valley to the Lozva River valley.
  2. Ski track of the hikers, discovered from the camp site on Auspiya to the Pass along the only possible Mansi trail in that area.
  3. No ski tracks of the hikers were found from the pass to the tent.
  4. It did not make any sense, no reason, elementary logic to place a tent on an open wind blower just 1.5 km from the previously arranged overnight camp in the forest and near the cache site.
  5. The tent on the slope of the height 1079 is an obvious staging by "strangers". And rushed in poor quality.
  6. "Strangers" left at the scene of the staging and there were also many different traces left round the Cedar. There was a "colosal work" for the preparation of firewood (witness Sogrin).
  7. A checked shirt was found by the fire, Krivonischenko and Doroshenko covered with a blanket. Someone cut off the pants from the body but did not take away the blanket and the checked shirt lying nearby, this is nonsense.
  8. There was a lot of dry wood next to the fire. Why was it necessary to climb a cedar naked and break branches there for a fire?

- 6 -

AN INCONVENIENT WITNESS

Mihail Sharavin, the first to discover both the tent and the dead, claims that the bodies under the cedar were covered with a blanket.

There is no record of his official interrogation in the materials of the investigation, although he states that the investigators took his testimony.

If Sharavin is right, then the picture of events changes dramatically.

The surviving hikers could not have covered the dead with a blanket, because they themselves were in dire need of clothes.

Looks like Sharavin is telling the truth, look at the photo.

The bodies seem to be really hidden in the chest area, but this is snow, it was caked and took the form of folds of matter, it is also visible on the lower leg of the first body.

This is possible only in one case, when the bodies covered with soft snow were covered with a heavy cloth (blanket) and under the weight of the matter the snow took the form of the natural folds of the blanket.

Then someone removed the blanket, but the imprint of the folds remained.

This means that the bodies were not covered immediately after death, but later, when 5-10 centimeters of snow covered them.

Why do this?

It can be seen that someone, violating the instructions, took pity and covered them according to custom.

And after the searchers found the bodies, someone removed the blanket.

These Sharavin's testimonies basically could not get into the materials of the open investigation, they are stored in a completely different place.

This means that immediately after the events and before the arrival of the searchers, this area was under covert surveillance.

"Based on this, it was not difficult to assume that something serious happened to them and we are unlikely to find them alive.

But we, young guys, optimists by nature, still had hope.

In the evening we drank from a flask of alcohol, which we took from Dyatlov's tent.

We drank for their successful rescue, we had hope we will find them.

Only our guide, local hunter Ivan Pashin, said that we better drink not for health, but for peace.

— Why?

— I believe that Pashin, even before our group, visited with someone there, on the spot.

He knew what happened there.

Later we went to the sons and grandsons of Pashin.

They told us his recollections.

Pashin told them: "I was the first to be there, on the spot, found a tent and found people near the cedar."

There was no point in taking the credit of the discoverer in such a situation.

I am sure that he was actually there first, and then he simply pointed us to the tent." Mihail Sharavin

Допрос свидетеля Atmanaki Georgiy Vladimirovich:

"About two meters from the place of their death, behind the cedar, traces of a fire were preserved, quite large, judging by the fact that the preserved fire log up to 80 mm in diameter burned out in half, everything was powdered with snow, but under the cedar were found checked shirt, handkerchief, a few socks, cuffs from a jacket or sweater, and a few other small things.

Slightly closer to the cedar were picked up eight rubles, in denominations of 3 and 5 rubles.

Twenty meters around the cedar, there are traces of how someone from those present near the cedar cut a young spruce trees with a knife, about twenty such cuts were preserved, but we did not find the trunks themselves, with the exception of one.

There was a lot of dry wood.

In addition, there was no need to cut or chop, because all these young shoots easily broke even with a little effort.

You might think that people who were very weakened or with a clouded mind did this.

On the cedar itself, several broken branches were visible.

Most of the dry branches were broken to a height of up to 5 m.

In addition, the side of the cedar facing the slope on which the tent stood was cleared of branches at a height of 4-5 m.

These damp branches were not used and partly fell on the ground, partly hung on the lower branches of the cedar.

It looked like the people had made something like a window so that they could see from a height that side of the cedar from where they came and where their tent was.

The sheer volume of work done near the cedar, as well as the presence of many things that obviously could not belong to the two dead comrades, suggests that most, if not the entire group gathered around the fire, and then some decided to stay, and some decided to return back, to dig out the tent and bring warm clothes and equipment, and the remaining comrades began to make something like a den, where the prepared spruce branches were used to wait out the bad weather and wait for the dawn.

The question of why Krivonischenko and Doroshenko were undressed is not clear, because in winter treks, and even in the condition of a cold overnight stay, it is not customary to undress to such an extent.

It is possible that the misfortune happened either at the time of changing clothes (evening or morning), or they were undressed later, since the version that they could lose their clothes while running or walking is not very probable."

Case files 273-274: 

"The same students say that the fire near the cedar went out not from a lack of wood, but because they stopped feeding it.

This, obviously, could also be either because the people who were at the fire did not see what to do, or because they were already dead.

They say that a few meters away from the fire there was a dry tree, and under it there was dead wood that was not used.

If there was a fire, it was possible not to use ready-made wood without seeing it, that is, being blind, it seems to me that it was so.

Both hikers found by the fire gradually lost their sight (but very quickly), and although they had the opportunity to maintain the fire on piled up supplies, they could not do it, because they did not see what to do.

Or were dead.

Just my guess."

This is the version where the hikers were not able to adequately perceive the environment, because there were blind.

I think they were most probably dead.

I appreciate your kind words, they go a long way.

I will check in when I get back (August 4) to report that I made it in one piece and briefly account how it went.

Let's get this show on the road!

Teddy @ Dyatlov Pass

FEBvF1C.jpg

I took this photo of the Cedar one year ago. The capital "C" stands for "The Only True Witness Of The Tragedy". This is where it started, and where it ended. What craziness went on in the meantime no one knows, we can only guess. For the next 3 weeks, I will be investigating the vicinity of the Cedar trying to find evidence of where the tent was hung in 1959 and the geologist camp that we know was nearby because there is a 10m metal pipe that was found 15 years ago, 150 m from the Cedar, but no one put it any context. I will try to find damage on the surrounding trees and prove there was a campsite there in 1959. #dyatlovpass #1079book

Xr3AARB.jpg

Yuri Yudin in 2008, 150 m from the Cedar
#dyatlovpass #1079book 

ksnB7LL.jpg

This is me, Teodora Hadjiyska, last year.
A lot has changed since then, the only things that remained the same are the rubber boots and the good company. #dyatlovpass #1079book 

AcTtn1b.jpg

Thanks to you I have a new solo tent, a new backpack, and freeze-dried food this year. A big contribution came from an unexpected source, Haglöf Sweden who donated the so much needed specialized for old trees tool, so I am standing a chance to bring back good evidence from the Dyatlov Pass. #dyatlovpass #1079book

• 4 tygodnie później...
My personal journey and photos from the expedition will be published on August 8, 2023.

Until then I need to clean my gear and get some sleep.

Have mercy om me.

gDmj7sm.jpg

Kholat Syakhl 2023

Expedition to the Dyatlov Pass 2023

Video: Александр Зайонц
Photos: Ирина Воронина
Music: Мария Юдина

My personal journey and photos from the expedition will be published on DyatlovPass.com on August 8, 2023.

Dyatlov Pass Expedition 2023

(Part 1)

oE7vuzG.jpg

Istanbul - Moscow detour over the Caucasus mountains to avoid air strike
#dyatlovpass #1079book

HDJ0k8L.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

ionKkXt.jpg

Moscow-Ekaterinburg
#dyatlovpass #1079book

UPmDxmf.jpg

Koltsovo Airport, Ekaterinburg
#dyatlovpass #1079book

ioWxD0U.jpg

Korolyov from the Dyatlov Foundation meeting me
#dyatlovpass #1079book

bE8w4la.jpg

At the Dyatlov Foundation
#dyatlovpass #1079book

KHLoE0r.jpg

Discussing what to do on the Dyatlov Pass
#dyatlovpass #1079book

MICetGg.jpg

Baba Yaga statue, Ekaterinburg
#dyatlovpass #1079book

TKqI2Xn.jpg

Ekaterinburg-Passazhirskiy train station
#dyatlovpass #1079book

Qmm5JBV.jpg

Last meal at Vilka Lozhka for $4 (400 rubli)
#dyatlovpass #1079book

H6G9kcl.jpg

The Dyatlov group also took a train to Ivdel from this same train station.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

1oRcSqG.jpg

Sasha Konstatinovm, Mikhail Neprikayanny (aka Shamil), Teodora Hadjiyska, Shura Aleeksenkov, Pavel Lebedev (just seeing us off)
#dyatlovpass #1079book

7o5dkTo.jpg

Arriving in Ivdel July 18, 2023 2:51 am
#dyatlovpass #1079book

KGUQuuh.jpg

Our ride to Auspiya - the starting point of our trek #dyatlovpass #1079book

slnTKgf.jpg

Ivdel Search and Rescue check point, we must register on the way in and out
#dyatlovpass #1079book

DJ91pQf.jpg

Vizhay
#dyatlovpass #1079book

nWE6QLO.jpg

Vizhay
#dyatlovpass #1079book

IzaAir8.jpg

Vizhay
#dyatlovpass #1079book

vEljIuf.jpg

Vizhay
#dyatlovpass #1079book

BGE5eJV.jpg

Vizhay
#dyatlovpass #1079book

GYQsjSK.jpg

Ushma
#dyatlovpass #1079book

4rxxmjC.jpg

Ushma
#dyatlovpass #1079book

IyZafgw.jpg

Break at "Shishka" (Pine cone) campsite
#dyatlovpass #1079book

6XlcTMK.jpg

Olga and Oleg Taymen
#dyatlovpass #1079book

DgmmT44.jpg

Shura Aleeksenkov
#dyatlovpass #1079book

E7BFgDx.jpg

Changing into rubber boots for the rest of the trek
#dyatlovpass #1079book

OiukqKx.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

rOmvfkP.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

EjLTT2B.jpg

Irina Voronin and Sasha Kostantinov boiling water
#dyatlovpass #1079book

HuluehY.jpg

Teodora Hadjiyska
#dyatlovpass #1079book

cE1FL1H.jpg

Olga and Oleg Taymen
#dyatlovpass #1079book

9MfE5ov.jpg

This is the turning point for Yuri Kuntsevich on August 2, 2021. He died 9 days later, on August 11.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

fwumaZI.jpg

Sasha Konstantinov with a mosquito net poncho style #dyatlovpass #1079book

z5BQ8nA.jpg

Sasha Konstantinov with a mosquito net poncho style #dyatlovpass #1079book

GURAJQ6.jpg

Break at "Shishka" (Pine cone) campsite
#dyatlovpass #1079book

eitRihU.jpg

We are spending the night at "Caska" (Helmet) campsite #dyatlovpass #1079book

Every expedition to the Dyatlov Pass starts and ends with Oleg Demyanenko, he is providing me with the gear that is hard to fly on a plane.

He is providing me with all the support in general, when it comes to visa, train tickets and accommodation.

#dyatlovpass #1079book

jxajSeW.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

VvpVmJD.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

YK38PyT.jpg

A rare photo of Oleg Demyanenko smiling.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

𝑰𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒋𝒐𝒚, 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏,
𝑰𝒏 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝑯𝒂𝒕𝒆,
𝑾𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒕' 𝒆𝒗𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒆, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒗𝒂𝒊𝒏,
𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝑭𝒂𝒕𝒆!
Timothy Thomas Fortune, "Dreams of Life"

Kholat Syakhl

hKa2Nn1.jpg

VALENTIN YAKIMENKO 1963

In August 1963, on that pass on Kholat Syakhl mountain, a group led by Valentin Yakimienko set a memorial plaque saying: "In memory of those who left and did not return, we name this pass after the Dyatlov group"

The Pass has been called Dyatlov Pass ever since.

https://dyatlovpass.com/gallery-yakimenko-1963?fbclid=IwAR29Qs4llgXjHHvccb2ZCuNsRkKsNfOMan_GD5Z3-Js7HnsoGI2nZcbs2Cs

(Part 3)

5qhtda3.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

RwHB6CA.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

LKRLBNi.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

dsqQdnD.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

hVMVHLi.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

uiaZYH4.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

IuMGuvh.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

W5MOyes.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

sWERCih.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

9pIWdi0.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

PLSAD6r.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

VMsNl38.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

kfqtqCc.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

eXUCJkE.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

6aVEwLA.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

pTwwRmM.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

hRseaMR.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

6zRthJt.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

d2crEPO.jpg

The outlier with the memorial plaque installed in 1963 and Kholat Syakhl
#dyatlovpass #1079book

EvywJeG.jpg

The outlier with the memorial plaque installed in 1963 and Kholat Syakhl
#dyatlovpass #1079book

DGrxYSf.jpg

The memorial plaque installed in 1963
#dyatlovpass #1079book

odEpTMw.jpg

The memorial plaque installed in 1963 and Yuri Yudin's obituary
#dyatlovpass #1079book

0Njqz9L.jpg

Yuri Yudin's obituary
#dyatlovpass #1079book

i0sGrIB.jpg

Kholat Syakhl
#dyatlovpass #1079book

sein9f4.jpg

Kholat Syakhl
#dyatlovpass #1079book

RL3pN7G.jpg

Kholat Syakhl
#dyatlovpass #1079book

hKa2Nn1.jpg

Kholat Syakhl
#dyatlovpass #1079book

Z0Ovcil.jpg

Sacred Bird rock, Kholat Syakhl
#dyatlovpass #1079book

YzRhDmk.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

nPw6twZ.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

vpkHHCy.jpg

The antlers I found on top of Kholat Syakhl after paying my respects to the Bird rock
#dyatlovpass #1079book

RmYrkmu.jpg

The antlers I found on top of Kholat Syakhl after paying my respects to the Bird rock
#dyatlovpass #1079book

lBs7sZH.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

dlhzRuL.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

OTtFSGs.jpg

This is where the tent was found, the earth scarred by ATV which have supposedly been banned since last year.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

uMfaSVs.jpg

The location where the tent was found. The sacrilege of the land by civilization.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

srXcgYJ.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

zLuKAZS.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

(Part 4)

The Dyatlov Pass has become a symbol for life journey itself.

Before the Pass they were alive, full of dreams, hopes, and love.

They climbed up the Pass and were suddenly dead.

So I am taking my time looking around where they were still alive.

The last campsite that they left on their own accord hasn't still been found with certainty.

We know that the labaz was found 400m from the searchers camp.

So if we find the winter searchers camp this could be a good starting point.

We call it "the winter" camp because after the gap between the time the first 5 and the last 4 bodies were found the searchers camp was moved from South to the North of the Dyatlov Pass.

The searchers moved their campsite over the Pass so they don't have to make the journey everyday.

We are consulting about our findings with 𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗹𝗮𝘃 𝗞𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻 (on the Pass 𝗙𝗲𝗯 𝟮𝟳-𝗠𝗮𝗿 𝟭𝟬) and 𝗩𝗹𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗿 𝗔𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗱𝘇𝗶 (on the Pas 𝗔𝗽𝗿 𝟮𝟱-𝗠𝗮𝘆 𝟱)

A4YG4DF.jpg

Winter searchers camp photo 1959
#dyatlovpass #1079book

s33m50m.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

Ql5sxIN.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

HzYmhxG.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

9mOOKlQ.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

kpZyqCE.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

ujBeQJn.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

IbmEDj9.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

vsqoE4c.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

b47KTcP.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

Z4wX48x.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

Ep4YPmJ.jpg

Glass jar found in the area where the winter searchers camp must have been in 1959.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

WqjTBp6.jpg

Tin cans from the area where the winter searchers camp must have been in 1959.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

dN6vVhJ.jpg

Batteries found in the area of where the winter searchers camp must have been in 1959.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

1jzXmVn.jpg

Batteries found in the area of where the winter searchers camp must have been in 1959.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

x2GpfqK.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

My5i01p.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

pG7P4Ia.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

cEDyI3e.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

kDXnlf9.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

K3v5wRx.jpg

The ax found in the area where the winter searchers camp must have been in 1959.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

ZdRy7ry.jpg

The axe found in the area where the winter searchers camp must have been in 1959 has initials СВА
#dyatlovpass #1079book

sCKXx1u.jpg

The axe found in the area where the winter searchers camp must have been in 1959 has initials СВА
#dyatlovpass #1079book

I01UvTo.jpg

Batteries and axe found in the area where the winter searchers camp must have been in 1959.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

GvpWZc1.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

OQNYzO7.jpg

Investigating the stamps on the tin cans found in th earea where the sinter searchers camp must have been in 1959.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

mvS4TDe.jpg

Batteries, axe and tin cans found in the area where the winter searchers camp must have been in 1959.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

37lvor2.jpg

The lid of a glass jar found in the area where the winter searchers camp must have been in 1959.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

WUv3aC1.jpg

The lid of a glass jar found in the area where the winter searchers camp must have been in 1959.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

EmdVSWm.jpg

My records of both lids on tin cans and glass jar found in the area of the winter searchers camp. Note #2, it is very important!
#dyatlovpass #1079book

XYiPzMS.jpg

This is the same stamp (except the 8 is not flipped vertically) as on the tin can I found in 2022 under the cedar. https://dyatlovpass.com/lmkk
#dyatlovpass #1079book

8jfq4cz.jpg

This is the same stamp (except the 8 is not flipped vertically) as on the tin can I found in 2022 under the cedar. https://dyatlovpass.com/lmkk
#dyatlovpass #1079book

s9rpDzx.jpg

This time we have the upper lid with a stamp that says 327A76. This is not legible in this photo but I have it in my record book and all the notes where verified by witnesses.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

14HUpag.jpg

Another thing that is important is the way this can was opened. Check the tin can found in 2022 under the cedar. https://dyatlovpass.com/lmkk
#dyatlovpass #1079book

8ofmL53.jpg

Sasha Konstantinov is our expert in dendrology on location.

eenxdfM.jpg

Taking kerns helps determine if this tree was there in 1959.

𝗧𝗪𝗢 𝗬𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗦 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗬𝗨𝗥𝗜 𝗞𝗨𝗡𝗧𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗖𝗛

1diFvRh.jpg

YURI KUNTSEVICH died at the age of 74 in Yekaterinburg on the morning of August 11, 2021.

For 20 years he headed the Dyatlov Group Memory Fund.

He was hospitalized after an expedition to the Dyatlov Pass that started on July 31, 2021.

A group of ten people gathered, including British journalist Graham Phillips.

Yuri Kuntsevich was forced to turn back after only 6 km on the first day of the trek because he felt an old knee injury.

He was escorted back to the base camp on Auspiya river by a member of the group who then caught up with the rest.

From the campsite on the Auspiya river, Yuri Kuntsevich joined the next group going back to Ivdel.

During the expedition, Yuri Kuntsevich complained that his knee hurt.

Upon arrival, he was admitted to a hospital due to overall weakness.

In the hospital, it turned out that his lung capacity was reduced to 40%.

On Tuesday, Yuri Kuntsevich's relatives reported that he was on the mend.

It was a shock to everyone that he passed away the next morning.

According to the preliminary version, Yuri Kuntsevich died due to the coronavirus.

(Part 5)

In order to determine when did this cedar hit the ground we cut off a slice to try to piece together a whole core.

The core last year shows circles up to 1948 but then the bark was rotten and the expert couldn't say how many years are missing.

This year we came prepared with better tools and deeper knowledge about trees in general.

Last year probing this same cedar left us with mushy core that was very difficult to analyze.

But now, lo and behold, we have a perfect sample to take back to Prof. Momchil Panayotov, member of the Dendrology department of University of Forestry, Sofia, Bulgaria.

Our dead cedar doesn't have a center, but we found a radial section with preserved bark and this is where I took three cores from.

Dendrology doesn't only count circles, but thanks to the vast database of same type trees in the area, and Siberia in general, it can compare sequence of circles from other trees and tell you what years they correspond to.

Here Prof. Momchil Panayotov explains this → https://youtu.be/tv9wiMplOyU

Bottom line is to determine when the cedar fell all we need is a good sequence at the outer end of its trunk.

RIP dead cedar.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

The incremental borer we used is specialized for old trees and donated by HAGLÖF SWEDEN especially for this purpose.

RhfuPAd.jpg

The outlier rock with the memorial plaque installed in 1963 by Valentin Yakimenko and Yuri Yudin's obituary
#dyatlovpass #1079book

SkpcB7G.jpg

Teodora Hadjiyska at the outlier rock
#dyatlovpass #1079book

WOm71bS.jpg

Mikhail Neprikayanny (aka Shamil) at the outlier rock
#dyatlovpass #1079book

dV8l21O.jpg

The north slope of the Dyatlov Pass
#dyatlovpass #1079book

KIcwEoM.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

GFMWEAR.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

CjLSQPd.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

FV66I4J.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

joG2jJf.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

1WeV2zI.jpg

The creek where the bodies were found in May 1959
#dyatlovpass #1079book

zPsoHAT.jpg

Crossing the creek where the bodies were found in May 1959
#dyatlovpass #1079book

9QZaDuc.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

4QJe6uN.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

ih5L73E.jpg

Going to the cedar
#dyatlovpass #1079book

uad7Obx.jpg

Notches on the cedar that were not there in 2022
#dyatlovpass #1079book

2irsyML.jpg

The fallen cedar 6m from the Cedar
#dyatlovpass #1079book

GIk5n4d.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

tKSC2CM.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

s8mCG40.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

mDjiqw4.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

utYX3ZH.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

A9uhTHX.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

pNgUxl2.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

WhLH4EL.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

HCRLOgf.jpg

Taking core form the fallen cedar with incremental borer donated by Haglöf Sweden #dyatlovpass #1079book

FDtsPBc.jpg

Taking core form the fallen cedar with incremental borer donated by Haglöf Sweden
#dyatlovpass #1079book

eyAi0Hq.jpg

Taking core form the fallen cedar with incremental borer donated by Haglöf Sweden
#dyatlovpass #1079book

6R5zgeq.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

IHzB0Gu.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

WXKskb7.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

DWvkvWl.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

E9X9oR2.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

QtgRCXS.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

A2GVx9w.jpg

#dyatlovpass #1079book

H9ZBRme.jpg

The tree has became a landmark for the tragedy. The bodies of Yuri Doroshenko and Yuri Krivonischenko were found under the Cedar on February 27, 1959
#dyatlovpass #1079book

yJ2gjAj.jpg

Our camp on the northern slope of the Dyatlov Pass is across the creek where the last four bodies were found in May 1959.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

Sawing off the dead cedar

In order to determine when did this cedar hit the ground we cut off a slice to try to piece together a whole core.

The core last year shows circles up to 1948 but then the bark was rotten and the expert couldn't say how many years are missing.

This year we came prepared with better tools and deeper knowledge about trees in general.

#dyatlovpass #1079book

The dead cedar can tell us secrets

Last year probing this same cedar left us with mushy core that was very difficult to analyze.

But now, lo and behold, we have a perfect sample to take back to Prof. Momchil Panayotov, member of the Dendrology department of University of Forestry, Sofia, Bulgaria.

#dyatlovpass #1079book

Taking cores from the dead cedar

Our dead cedar doesn't have a center, but we found a radial section with preserved bark and this is where I took three cores from.

Dendrology doesn't only count circles, but thanks to the vast database of same type trees in the area, and Siberia in general, it can compare sequence of circles from other trees and tell you what years they correspond to.

Bottom line is to determine when the cedar fell all we need is a good sequence at the outer end of its trunk.

RIP dead cedar.

You will be missed but not forgotten.

The incremental borer we used is specialized for old trees and donated by HAGLÖF SWEDEN especially for this purpose. 

#dyatlovpass #1079book

The Cedar

The Cedar is in perfect condition, except it doesn't produce pine cones.

The fallen dead cedar on the other hand is on the ground, covered with green moss, no one is paying any attention to the poor thing, and I had to get all the information I could knowing very well that it would speed up its disappearance but at least it was noticed, it talked.

#dyatlovpass #1079book

The creek

Video by Irina Voronina.

Oleg Taymen is searching the creek with a metal detector while we observe a water rat.

The rodent doesn't hibernate, they stockpile on food to reduce the need to leave the warmth of their burrows.

Rats can eat just about anything.

Sure noted that this is the answer to what happened to the missing eyes and tongue.

#dyatlovpass #1079book

Shura's reconstruction

Video and comment by Irina Voronina.

Shura's reconstruction.

Aleksander Aleeksenkov is one of the most serious, to date, researchers on the Dyatlov Case.

For me, he is a Guru with a huge travel experience from his student days.

Shura has been to the Pass countless times, including in winter.

He carried out a bunch of experiments, for example, he went down the slope in winter in socks, transported a supposedly wounded comrade down, made a fire near the Cedar...

He is an expert in the case files and all finds.

#dyatlovpass #1079book

Udostępnij

• Dodaj nową pozycję...