Skocz do zawartości

Tragedia na Przełęczy Diatłowa (1 luty 1959 r.)

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: 𝟭. So is it possible that these photos were published purposely to affirm preferred/staged versions of tents being built on slope?

𝟮. Wondering what is the likelihood that some selective photos/individual frames (actual camping site?) are dumped from the public.

𝟯. Wondering wasn't conspirators afraid to stage it with numerous photo cameras laying around as they couldn't know what inconsistencies are actually on films.

𝗔𝗻𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗿𝘀: 𝟭. No.

All the talk is about the fact that what Lev Ivanov based his timeline on and blamed Igor Dyatlov for the late start of the group on their last day alive is not solid.

𝟮. The daughter of Lev Ivanov gave the late Yuri Kuntsevich what she found in Lev Ivanov's drawer.

Please read this so I don't have to reiterate

There could be more, there could be less, we have negatives, those are hard to argue with.

Students were given to develop films in their bathrooms for Pete's sake.

But the question is why fake something, I believe it was unintentional if some photos were added to the collage.

𝟯. Please, please, please try to understand the following: the people that first found the bodies WERE NOT CONSPIRATORS.

The idea for a cover up came 2-3 weeks later.

The tent and the items were piled up in the Ivdel aeroplane hangar, the bodies found so far were in the morgue.

Everything that happened after the alarming by its scale search operation was underway, was sketchy, sloppy, in a hurry, they just GOT LUCKY with the footprints (who can count on them to be taken for the Dyatlov group footprints), and in general the whole mess with the case files, the other group.

Everything is so weird.

Askinadzi does not remember Zolotaryov to have had a camera on his neck.

He is 100% sure of that.

And he is also 100% sure that Zolotaryov had a notepad in his hand.

Very difficult to clench something in your fist after you are dead.

Askinadzi said that if the "invisible" notebook drew such a reaction from Colonel Ortyukov, their boss, then a camera would certainly draw more attention, but no one remembers a camera, yet we see something that looks like a camera on the photos which again are taken by a student, not part of the case files.

This mess has nothing to do with the conspirators.

They kicked back and observed first hand how everybody was messing up the evidence.

oUvPxbL.jpg

The people that found the bodies were workers, it would never dawn on them to do a cover up. #dyatlovpass #1079book

VyDxuMN.jpg

The staging was ordered by their bosses and was not executed by someone that would talk i.e. it was not the same people that found the bodies. Bodies were transported back to the mountain in big wooden boxes used for geological cores and equipment. The pilots didn't take part in the loading and unloading so they wouldn't know what is being transported. There is a weird telegram to the Northern geological Expedition boss that says: "for you personally. corpses are frozen in the state in which you saw them in" Saw them when? https://dyatlovpass.com/may-1959-radiograms#radiogram8
#dyatlovpass #1079book

Żródło: https://www.facebook.com/dyatlovpass9

• Odpowiedzi 2,1 tys.
  • Dodano
  • Ostatniej odpowiedzi

Top użytkownicy w tym temacie

• fortyck

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻: The investigator concluded that the cuts were made from the inside of the tent.

I’ve looked at the photos and that seems a sound conclusion.

A falling tree would make cuts externally.

She firmly concluded the cuts were made internally.

How do you explain this difference?

𝗔𝗻𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗿: The conspirators made it look like the tent was destroyed by a storm as in the book that came out months before the incident by a colleague geologist: https://dyatlovpass.com/on-the-road-of-trial

I don't believe they thought that far if the cuts should be done from inside or outside, they just did them while they were dumping the belongings inside the tent.

It is easier than to make the cuts from outside.

Look at the state of the tent, do you believe anyone was counting on forensics?

This is another stroke of luck they had as amateurs.

eqKQwfj.jpg

This now is a stretch, but considering that there were not that many new books, and we know that the Dyatlov group brought a book as a present to the District 41, it could very well be the same book that gave the idea to the conspirators.

The photo is taken on Jan 27. Dyatlov, Yudin, and Slobodin.

Standing on the porch: Ognev and Evgeniy Venediktov with the book.

Again, this is a speulation, the only thing we know for sure is that brought a book to District 41 and Sedov and Bartolomey recalled that Fedoseev’s books were popular among UPI hikers.

His new book, “On the Road of Trial”, was published in 1958.

OyuoNBw.jpg

On January 16 Zina Kolmogorova wrote Dyatlov to wish him belated happy birthday and inquire about the trek.

Zina Kolmogorova had gone to six expeditions.

Four were of the 2nd degree of difficulty – an intermediate level – and she was a always going to the treks leaded by Igor Dyatlov.

Like Igor himself, Zina was interested in radio and studied Radio Engineering at the UPI.

The two were always seen together.

A photo of her was found later in his notebook.

If she had any romantic feelings towards Igor, however, there’s not the slightest clue in her personal letter to him (dated 16 January 1959) from Kamensk where, she worked at a radio plant.

In her letter, she only asks Igor to update her on how things were going with regard to the preparations for the expedition.

g8e0k5s.jpg

Hi, Igor!
Belated happy birthday, wish you all the best, great and challenging treks, and very successful defense of your dissertation.
I am in Kamensk, I’m sitting at the factory now, today is the second day, I’m in the North-Kazakhstan region, I read the frequency response and blueprints, they will give me something to draw soon.
Igor, you know what. Write as soon as possible when we leave. I can come on the 22nd in the morning, but I would very much like to stay here longer, because my family will arrive only on the 21st. And I would like to get a diploma topic. And without them they won’t give me anything. I want to practice here until the 20th, i.e. in SKO, and where I will go after that I don't know yet. Today or tomorrow I’m going to look for Valya Baldova. I think I'll find her. In fact, it’s boring here somehow right after the institute, there isn’t the usual noisy crowd of hikers here, at least I don’t know them yet, if any; Say hello to all of our "Khibiny". How is the preparation going?
https://dyatlovpass.com/zinaida-kolmogorova#letter4
#dyatlovpass #1079book

HQeqIDe.jpg

How can I help here? What's new at the institute? How does the 4th course from our group pass? Has Nikola Popov arrived or not? Is Verkhoturov coming with us? (it doesn't matter that the last name was correctly written). In general, Igor, write immediately so that I know when to leave. After all, today is already the 16th.
That is all for now bye.
Many, many greetings to all our hikers, I’m bored here without you.
Looking forward to your prompt response Zina
Yes, my address:
city Kamensk-Uralskiy, St Zhdanova 9,
house 23 room 7
Z.A Kolmogorova
https://dyatlovpass.com/zinaida-kolmogorova#letter4
#dyatlovpass #1079book

Remember Vladimir Mihaylovich Askinadzi?

In 1959 - 5th year student of the Physics and Technology Faculty of the UPI (Department of Experimental Physics).

He led the students in the last, 6th, shift when the last bodies were found.

There would not have been more shifts, they would have stayed until they found everybody.

At the time Askinadzi was the same age as Zina, 22, he knew her, they lived in the same dorm, and went on short hikes together.

Vladimir Mihaylovich was the one who found Lyuda Dubinina.

I convinced him before New year to give me an interview.

Then I got the news about the dead cedar and went off the rails.

Askinadzi had been patiently waiting for me to get my ducks in a row.

He even asked if maybe people don't have any more questions.

This couldn't be any further from the truth.

I myself have questions for him.

But there are two conditions: not to repeat questions that he has already answered, and no stupid questions.

I am digging in Russian forums and asking around for old interviews.

For a change today I am posting questions that he had answered in 2018.

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝟭: What was the first rumor among the people, among the students, when the hikers were found dead?

𝗩.𝗠. Hard to tell.

It was clear that they were dead before they were found.

There were enough facts for this.

Firstly, Sogrin’s group returned from the hike and told how difficult the weather was in that area.

Secondly, we counted the days when the Dyatlov group were without food (every evening we gathered near the sports club and someone reported that they had food left... for three days,... for one day,... three days without food,... a week without supplies, etc.).

With a 20-day delay to the target date, no one had any doubt that the group had died.

Mainly the leaders of groups who had returned from other expeditions gathered.

And when the first bodies were discovered we were not surprised.

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝟮. What theories were expressed by the searchers themselves at the scene of the tragedy and at the end of the search?

𝗩.𝗠. At that time, the missile version was stubbornly imposed and no one argued with it, since there was no other information - the corpses were taken to Ivdel, and then - nothing!!!

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝟯. Is it true that the military did not allow searchers into some parts of the area?

Which ones exactly?

𝗩.𝗠. I don't have such information.

There were no restrictions while my shift was on the pass.

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝟰. Are there people who know exactly what happened at the pass?

𝗩.𝗠. I'm sure there is!

These are the ones who have access to the secret case file!

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝟱. Do you think the guys were killed by other people?

Is this a murder?

𝗩.𝗠. I am personally sure of this judging by the nature of the injuries.

I had extensive correspondence with medical luminaries, I sent them the Vozrozhdenniy's autopsy reoprts and they replied that such injuries cannot be caused naturally (falling, etc.)!

Another thing is the reasons for this crime!!

I admit that a tragic mistake occurred and this is the main reason why, after 60 (!!!) years, the authorities are still afraid to declassify the case files.

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝟲. - Was it really clear from the tracks that they belonged to members of the Dyatlov group?

- Was it possible to determine from the footprints that the guys were without shoes??

- Did the tracks lost their shape if, for example, you stepped on them?

- Were they frozen?

- Why weren't the footprints covered with snow in three weeks??

𝗩.𝗠. With the footprints everything is very complicated and we can not say much.

This is the result of criminal negligence in organizing the search.

Instead of qualified investigators being the first to work the tent, they let a cohort of unqualified students, without proper consultation on how to behave if the presence of evidence.

So they destroyed a lot, trampling the tracks.

Ivdel investigators appeared on the second day, and Sverdlovsk investigators on the third, when little remained of the original traces.

Judging by the photographs, the traces were "columns" of weathering.

But, I repeat, no one worked with the traces professionally.

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝟳. Does the fact that Zina Kolmogorov was found closest to the tent mean that she was the last to die??

𝗩.𝗠. Very likely!

I knew Zina quite well, we often went on weekend hikes and holidays together, and loved to celebrate the New Year "in the forest".

Physically she was a very strong girl!

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝟴. What can you tell us about Yuri Yudin?

𝗩.𝗠. I had little contact with him, so Yuri Kuntsevich can tell you more about him.

Other than good things, I knew nothing about him.

But mental trauma ruined his whole life - he was never able to start a family after the death of Lyuda.

𝗤𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝟵. How can you explain the fact that the guys had five cameras?

How justified is this in the conditions of such a difficult hike, how practical?

And so many diaries?

Was it common to carry so many diaries on expeditions?

𝗩.𝗠. Nobody ever limited the number of photo equipment in the group.

On the contrary, the more detailed the report on the trip saturated with photographs, the better.

There was always a group diary.

Another thing is who wrote in it.

I was surprised that Igor allowed other participants to write in the group diary!

The main purpose of the diary is to tell future group leaders who decide to follow "your" route, what to consider when preparing a hike, what to expect in difficult areas and landmarks in order to stop and reconnoiter the situation in advance.

Therefore, the diary was always kept by the leader!

He alone knew what to pay attention to!

EjLhEz7.jpg

Yuri Koptelov saying the bodies of Doroshenko and Krivonischenko were staged.

He and Sharavin found the bodies under the cedar on February 27, 1959.

Yuri Koptelov: "In the positions in which we found them, they were staged by people, imitation or falsification."

𝗝𝗔𝗡𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟮𝟬

On January 20, Dyatlov received three copies of the route book from Valerian Ufimtsev, the instructor of the city committee for physical culture and sports.

Two copies of the protocol of the route commission from January 8 were left in the files of the route commission and the city committee.

Dyatlov was supposed to deliver the third copy to the UPI sports club on receipt of the equipment, but he had apparently forgotten to do so.

There is a conjecture that this was not accidental, as the revised return dates affected the beginning of the term.

On the suggestion of Maslennikov, the initial target dates of January 26 - February 9, 1959, were changed to January 28 - February 12, 1959.

This resulted in two simultaneous violations of the process of issuing the equipment: one by Dyatlov as the group’s leader, and another by Blinov, who as manager of the bureau of the UPI hiking club was responsible for issuing the inventory at the UPI Sports Club.

Dyatlov made one more blunder.

The leader of the group should have kept only one copy of the route book out of three.

Although the copies of the route books were to serve for reporting purposes and not for monitoring the group’s movement, which was done on the basis of the protocol of the Routing Commission, the second copy was to be retained in the files of the Routing Commission, along with a copy of the protocol, while the third copy was to be held by the controlling organization, in this case, the UPI Sports Club.

Dyatlov, however, kept all the three copies of the route book.

mXS8K8Y.jpg

Meanwhile, the members of the group were banding together in Sverdlovsk.

But there were also unforeseen circumstances.

Popov was not released from work.

Vishnevskiy failed one of the exams in the winter session and was denied leave by the dean's office.

As it later emerged, Verhoturov, who worked as an engineer at the Lysva turbine generator plant, had no idea that his name was on the group’s preliminary list and only learned about this in 2000.

Most likely Dyatlov included him to simplify the trek application procedure since Verhoturov was the most experienced among the listed hikers.

TeWNDTd.jpg

𝗝𝗔𝗡𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟮𝟬

Slobodin was released from work for the duration of the trek only on short notice thanks to the letters from the UPI sports club and the city committee for physical culture and sports.

4ncAhWS.jpg

Request from Gordo to Matveev
Translation: https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-282
#dyatlovpass #1079book

SlNaO1Z.jpg

Request from Kurochkin to Matveev
Translation: https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-283
#dyatlovpass #1079book

Bienko had not received a leave of absence from the UPI Dean’s office.

He was instead replaced by S.A. Zolotaryov, an instructor at the Kourovskaya tour base, who had earlier been approved as a member of the Sogrin group by the city routing commission.

A man who had faced numerous hardships and challenges in his life, Zolotaryov was at that time interested in participating in a ski trek of the highest degree of difficulty, to fulfill the standard for obtaining the title of the Master of Sports in Tourism, which could improve his career prospects.

As a pragmatic individual, instead of going to the Subpolar Urals, he preferred a shorter and easier route with the Dyatlov group, none of whose members knew him.

As Dubinina wrote, “At first, nobody wanted to take on this Zolotaryov, because he was a stranger, but later we thought, what the hell – and took him along, for how could we refuse him?”

Before joining Dyatlov group Zolotaryov enlisted in Sogrin's group for a trek to Subpolar Urals that would have lasted 25 days.

Zolotaryov needed the title Master of Sports which would have reflected his pay and this trek could have given him the qualification.

Sogrin describes him as a very open, outgoing, polite, with good communication skills which is expected for a guide.

Semyon explained to Sogrin that he found a shorter trek (15 days) and that Igor Dyatlov accepted him n the group.

Semyon apologized for the situation and explained that he has family reason - he wanted to take his mom to Caucasus before the begging of the hiking season when he will be busy.

0HbLobx.jpg

3SXCZi5.jpg

Before joining Dyatlov group Zolotaryov enlisted in Sogrin's group for a trek to Subpolar Urals that would have lasted 25 days. Zolotaryov needed the title Master of Sports which would have reflected his pay and this trek could have given him the qualification. Sogrin (in the photo) describes him as a very open, outgoing, polite, with good communication skills which is expected for a guide. Semyon explained to Sogrin that he found a shorter trek (15 days) and that Igor Dyatlov accepted him n the group. Semyon apologized for the situation and explained that he has family reason - he wanted to take his mom to Caucasus before the begging of the hiking season when he will be busy.
#dyatlovpass #1079book 

AVjO9LH.jpg

Dubinina wrote, “At first, nobody wanted to take on this Zolotaryov, because he was a stranger, but later we thought, what the hell – and took him along, for how could we refuse him?”
https://dyatlovpass.com/lyudmila-dubinina-diary
#dyatlovpass #1079book 

𝗝𝗔𝗡𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟮𝟬

As of January 20, the group list still comprised 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡: Dyatlov, Dubinina, Kolmogorova, Kolevatov, Slobodin, Bienko, Krivonischenko, Thibeaux-Brignolle, Doroshenko, Yudin, and Zolotaryov.

But the matter of Bienko would soon be settled.

1NkQGN0.jpg

Protocol of the Route Commission
Translation: https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-7
#dyatlovpass #1079book

IZKJg0P.jpg

Protocol of the Route Commission
Translation: https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-7back
#dyatlovpass #1079book

"𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗬 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗡𝗘𝗦𝗦"

In 2024 we will feature a new photo every Monday.

This one is taken in December 2014, by https://dyatlovpass.com/gallery-marinner966

sB9N0Ft.jpg

On January 22, as part of the first shift of the UPI group of virgin land developers, Bienko left for the Un station 180 km (112 miles) from Sverdlovsk, where the UPI student timber industry enterprise would start work.

Now they were 𝗧𝗘𝗡.

On January 22 Zina Kolmogorova arrived from Kamensk-Uralskiy after she was granted a leave of absence from her pre-graduation practical training at the Radio factory, PO Box 33.

Zina wrote a letter to Lidiya Grigoryeva that day from Svredlovsk.

AkUE7OR.jpg

My dear Lida!
I arrived today at the institute, went to the post office and got your letter and was so happy. I came from Kamensk where I had several days of practice, and here I am again at the institute, I came to take part in a hike. I am going with Dyatlov to the Northern Ural. And you understand, Lida, Yurka is coming with us too. I didn’t want him to come. Can you imagine how the healing wounds will be opened again. I was very calm in Kamensk, although not a day passed that I didn’t think of him, but I managed to remember without pain in my heart, only sadness.
Yes, Lidushka, who to believe after all this? And here we are again, together on an expedition. He asked to join the group. They took him, but they didn’t tell me to the very end. He settled the whole thing with the backpacks and he was allowed to go hiking. Liduska, this is going to be a very hard trip for me, you understand that, right? I think I can treat him like everyone else, I will at least try. After all, he was able to go with a group where I am, which means I must also pull myself together. I’ll try, but it is going to be difficult, because I love him, Lida!
https://dyatlovpass.com/zinaida-kolmogorova#letter3
#dyatlovpass #1079book

fM83IQO.jpg

Here we are together again, but not together. I will be fastened, Lida! Just give a word that I will. Our composition is as follows:
1. Dyatlov
2. Thibault N. - he works in Sverdlovsk
3. Krivonischenko Yurka
4. Yudin
̶5̶.̶ ̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶h̶n̶e̶v̶s̶k̶i̶y̶
̶6̶.̶ ̶ ̶B̶i̶e̶n̶k̶o̶
5. 7̶ Kolevatov
6. 8̶.̶ Dubinina
7. 9̶.̶ I 9. Slobodin
8. 1̶0̶.̶ Doroshenko 10. Zolotaryov

(note: Grigoryeva deleted Vishnevsky and Bienko and added Slobodin and Zolotaryov)

The group is ok, I don't know how will it be the moment we go. Will we quarrel. After all, Kolevatov is with us. Gosya Dyatlov works in the laboratory, completes the diploma project in practice, not much of a life, not friends with anybody (of the girls of course). Zhenya Ch. leads a group, they have a very late vacation now, they didn’t ask to do anything together. Kolya Tregubov is still the same, he has matured, though he doesn’t go on a hike, he has gone home.

Yes, Lidushechka, I have to deal with the instructors and for this I need bunch of references.

1) As a person, from the Komsomol.
2) As a hiker from the section office
3) Fill in the instructor card and certify

vmqReCQ.jpg

and I forgot what else. Not done it yet.
Five-year students went single (Bartolomey) and two (Petya Shtiglitz). We went well. Now very, very! many groups are going. Valya Baldova is working in Kamensk. Not much of a life, goes skiing. Look, Lidochka, what do I look like after cutting my hair. It's not the best photo, but have it for keepsake.
Well, that's all for now. Write me back, Lida, how is work, do you like it at the factory, is it difficult to organize a section? How are your personal affairs? What's new, tell me everything. Okay? And now here is my address:
Sverdl.obl. Kamensk-Uralskiy 9
Poste restante Z. Kolmogorova
#dyatlovpass #1079book

BbQJfi2.jpg

I wish you the very best to be happy, unlike some. Thank you very much for the New Year greetings. You made me so happy. In April and in the evening we’ll come up with something. I, too, will not be at the institute until June 1, and we have practical certification in Kamensk. - Well, for now, Lidusenka, write, I am really looking forward to it. Though I don't write very often.
Is it true Lida? I am already missing the institute team at the factory. After all, I think to work there. There is no section there, I have to organize it, it will be difficult.
So far, dear, write about everything. Kiss tight Zina
Many greetings from everyone, the whole group to you, warm greetings from UPI to you and your new friends.

added across the text: - Lida, we are going camping now. Someone will write to you now.

on the back of the photo: - A friend of my hiking days! In memory of a good past and in honor of a beautiful future Liduska
from Z. Kolmogorova Sverdlovsk
22.I.1959

#dyatlovpass #1079book

RwvvHub.jpg

More photos from this trek to the Northern Ural in 1957
https://dyatlovpass.com/gallery-1957-Northern-Ural
#dyatlovpass #1079book

The story behind this picture is in Koptelov's recollections.

The dating of the photo is also now possible because Koptelov was at the tent with Karelin when the latter just arrived on the pass with a helicopter on February 27.

Koptelov didn't know Karelin.

He only learned after the photo was published in the public domain who he took to the tent right after he found and reported that he and Mihail Sharavin had found the first bodies.

Isn't it strange that they asked him to take them to the tent and not the bodies since the tent was visible from the landing site and the bodies were somewhere in the ravine?

No one knew about the cedar or where to look.

In the following days the mystery will deepen, meaning I will publish more recollections from Koptelov and cross check them with other sources.

Can you see the discrepancies?

4nOinvx.jpg

This is a photo taken in Kolmogorova's room 535 in the UPI dorm №10 on Komsomolskaya 70/10 where the Dyatlov group met on 𝗝𝗔𝗡𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟮𝟯, wrote their first diary entries and gathered the last of their supplies.

The photo is not taken on this date, but the place is where they have been at this point of time.

For the next 9 days the photos will be taken by the group themselves on the exact date.

Read all diary entries for January 23, 1959 → https://dyatlovpass.com/diaries#23jan

yvexLum.png

When Krivonischenko and Thibeaux-Brignolle arrived in Zina's room on January 23, they wrote their greetings on the back of Zina's letter to Lidiya Grigoryeva which she finished the day before but waited before mailing because she knew they will want to add some words.

They were friends.

VY5VuLk.jpg

Lidka! Salute!
It's me, Yurka, who happens to be whiskered! Where are you now? Write, dear! I'm waiting!
I will be in Sverdlovsk until March in after I come back from the expedition. I am going with Dyatlov, and then I will go to Krasnoyarsk. Come to meet us when we come from the hike! Aw! Engineering! Ho-ho-ho Well, okay, greetings from Kolka Popov, mustachioed and gloomy! (signed G. Krivonischenko)
#dyatlovpass #1079book

ilIxxGX.jpg

Hey, Lida!
Greetings from a room full of bags, tents and all sorts of food. We go camping for Chistop.
I listened to your letter with great attention - you describe the situation quite correctly. It's good.
That's all.
Hello from our roaming fraternity.
23.I.1959 (signed K. Tibo)
#dyatlovpass #1079book

The Dyatlov group consisting of 10 hikers left Sverdlovsk on by train №45 (№43 in the diary) at 9:05 pm local time.

They arrived at Serov station at 7:39 am.

The journey took 10h 34m.

Distance between Sverdlovsk and Serov is 388 km (241 mi).

Until mid-1939, Serov’s name was Nadezhdinsk, but the name of the city's railway station had not yet been changed.

The station would be renamed from "Nadezhdinsk" to "Serov" only in 1964.

Read all diary entries for January 23, 1959 → https://dyatlovpass.com/diaries#23jan

zemOTVk.jpg

Timetable winter 1958-1959
#dyatlovpass #1079book

JLvtMB0.jpg

Sverdlovsk - Nadezhdinsk
#dyatlovpass #1079book

pqk2gk2.jpg

Nadezhdinsk - Polunochnoe
#dyatlovpass #1079book

The Dyatlov group had only 9 tickets for the first leg of the journey, and Lyuda had to hide under the seats when the conductor came to check the tickets.

I guess this is because it was her responsibility as treasurer to buy the tickets.

Why did she buy only 9 tickets, was it to save money or maybe she didn't expect Zolotaryov to show up?

389t9So.jpg

Dyatlov group diary entry saying Lyuda hid under the seats.
https://dyatlovpass.com/case-files-21-28#22
#dyatlovpass #1079book

SToqDTn.jpg

There were only 9 tickets in Dyatlov's field bag.
https://dyatlovpass.com/maslennikov-notebook#fieldbag

Koptelov is hardly in any photos.

You can see him in the base camp photo session with a mug and spoon at the far right.

He likes to squat maybe because he is usually the tallest in the group.

Yuri Koptelov calls himself "the fifth wheel", he didn't know anyone and no one remembered to warn him what not to do or say, no one remembered to question him since he and Mihail Sharavin found the bodies and Sharavin was hospitalized after a ski accident when the testimonies were taken.

It is almost as if Koptelov was never there, and his account of events is almost as if he is talking about a different cedar and the position of the bodies is different, and he says he loaded 5 bodies in the helicopter before the fifth body (Slobodin) was found.

What gives?

WJy5znR.jpg

This is the first picture that Krivonischenko took, Semyon Zolotaryov carrying a backpack and a bag of provisions on his shoulder.

Zolotaryov knows that he is photographed, he is alone in the frame.

This is a "telling" photo - Krivonischenko chose to photograph Zolotaryov first of all members.

It seems that Zolotaryov is "integrating" well in the group, the feeling from the photo is that they are friendly.

FEIv5gp.png

The Dyatlov group arrived in Serov at 7:39 am where they had 11 hour layover.

They visited school №41 where Zina talked to schoolchildren of 1st and 2nd grade about the perks of tourism.

The school is 200 meters (656 ft) from the train station.

The hikers left for Ivdel at 6:47 pm by train №81, en route from Nadezhdinsk to Polunochnoe, where they arrived around midnight.

By that time, they had already had to face the authorities twice.

The first encounter took place at the train station in Serov, where Krivonischenko decided to earn money for candy by singing, and then had to be rescued from the militia station.

Then on the train, a half-drunk man tried to accuse the hikers of stealing his bottle of vodka.

See all diary entries and photos from January 24, 1959

uNoAY36.jpg

City of Serov - Palace of Culture of Metallurgist
#dyatlovpass #1079book 

4NMI8H8.jpg

Monument of Serov, Aleksander Kolevatov
#dyatlovpass #1079book 

PEGK9Ch.jpg

This is the first picture that Krivonischenko took, Semyon Zolotaryov carrying a backpack and a bag of provisions on his shoulder. Zolotaryov knows that he is photographed, he is alone in the frame. This is a "telling" photo - Krivonischenko chose to photograph Zolotaryov first of all members. It seems that Zolotaryov is "integrating" well in the group, the feeling from the photo is that they are friendly.
#dyatlovpass #1079book 

u3GieQm.jpg

Krivonischenko took a picture of Zina, a portrait that reveals her kind soul.
#dyatlovpass #1079book 

b6lYpDe.jpg

A very interesting "Old Flemish masters" style photo by Krivonischenko with Igor Dyatlov and Nikolay Thibeaux-Brignolle recognizable by his hat. Above Dyatlov's head hangs Krivonischenko's mandolin. Kneeled behind the table is Rustem Slobodin. The way Krivonischenko cut out of the frame Lyudmila Dubinina could be subconscious, telling of his feelings about her.
#dyatlovpass #1079book 

jC3yxJ5.jpg

Zolotaryov took this photo of Zina in Serov, school №41, Zina is cutting sheepskin insoles with felt scissors.
Let me gossip a little bit... You will see that throughout the trek Zolotaryov fancies Zina. In 2018 when he was exhumed in more than one ways, his life plastered all over the tabloids, we learn that he just had a baby before the trek, and he split with his common law wife. She got angry and left the baby on the porch of his mother's house. This baby was never seen again. After the father didn't return from the trek the baby was given for adoption and no one knows where he is, baby Sasha. https://dyatlovpass.com/semyon-zolotaryov#sasha
#dyatlovpass #1079book 

B9AxKAb.jpg

Serov, school №41 (about 200 meters from the train station)
#dyatlovpass #1079book 

Zina wrote this letter on January 24, 1959 in city of Serov (you can see the letter in the photos) and dated and sent it on January 26 from Vizhay, the last post office on their route.

9Fp7V9F.jpg

Hello, my dear mom, dad, Tom, Galya and Lusya!
Greetings to you from Zina.
Well, I'm away from you again, now we are in Serov. We have a transfer here and I am writing to you. Well, how is life? Anything new? We are going camping, a group of 10 people.
The group is good. At the plant, everything is ok, they let me go. I have all the clothes I need, so do not worry about me. How do you live? Write to me in Vizhay, I am looking forward to it. Has the cow calved yet? I love milk. How's mom work? How is the dad's health? Moms? How are Galya and Lusya doing at school?
#dyatlovpass #1079book

43v6gHg.jpg

Lusya, try not to have Cs this semester. And Galya turn Ds in sports to Cs. Spend more time on the skis and you need to run more. See you soon and goodbye.
Big kisses to you all
Your Zina.
Write to me, I am looking forward to it.
Best
26 I 59
#dyatlovpass #1079book

jC3yxJ5.jpg

You can see the letter on the table.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

Zolotaryov took this photo of Zina in Serov, school №41, Zina is cutting sheepskin insoles with felt scissors.

Let me gossip a little bit...

You will see that throughout the trek Zolotaryov fancies Zina.

In 2018 when he was exhumed in more than one ways, his life plastered all over the tabloids, we learn that he just had a baby before the trek, and he split with his common law wife.

She got angry and left the baby on the porch of his mother's house.

This baby was never seen again.

After the father didn't return from the trek the baby was given for adoption and no one knows where he is, baby Sasha.

jC3yxJ5.jpg

Udostępnij

• Dodaj nową pozycję...