Skocz do zawartości

Tragedia na Przełęczy Diatłowa (1 luty 1959 r.)

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰

Stas Evdokimov admits that the slope of the spur of Mt Kholat Syakhl (aka 1079), in the area of the Dyatlov group’s tent site, is gentle.

Żródło: https://www.facebook.com/dyatlovpass9

• Odpowiedzi 2,1 tys.
  • Dodano
  • Ostatniej odpowiedzi

Top użytkownicy w tym temacie

• fortyck

𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰

First night on the slope.

Stas Evdokimov wanted to run down to the cedar.

𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰

Three experts about setting up a tent on Kholat Syakhl slope.

𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰

Dr. Andrey Gavrilov in the tent on the Kholat Syakhl slope.

𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰

Probing the snow cover above the tent on Kholat Syakhl slope.

𝗘𝗫𝗣𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰

𝗩𝗟𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗠𝗜𝗥 𝗔𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗗𝗭𝗜

21st of February, 65 years ago to the date, was when the search for the Dyatlov group officially began.

I will be interviewing Vladimir Mihaylovich Askinadzi on this date.

He was leading the UPI search party from Apr 25 to May 8, 1959.

His probe found Lyuda, and subsequently the bodies of Thibeaux-Brignolle, Zolotaryov and Kolevatov.

With his shift the search operation ended, and the confusion began.

I am no longer asking for questions because I have more than we could cover in 3 interviews.

But the question remains, are we doing something useful, are we trying to solve the case or just finding common ground to bond.

Vladimir Mihaylovich is not just a looker, his personality is very direct, frank, fair, he loves life and life loves him.

He has preserved his heart and mind.

Which is priceless.

I myself have been treating the recollections of participants in the events with utmost priority.

Their memories are perishable.

And yet, I have to watch out since all the girls who take interviews from him fall in love.

Maya Piskareva, Galina Sazonova, Olga Litvinova, Elena Dmitrievska, Natasha Mitrova, the list goes on and includes me, Teodora Hadjiyska.

The interview will not be real time, but I promise for the rest of the days before I publish it to give you a new photo of Vladimir Askinadzi with its story.

The photo that you are looking at is taken in room 301, in the same dorm where Zina lived.

They knew each other.

The photo is from 1959.

46ltZRi.jpg

February 21 - beginning of the search.

The confusion.

The photo above is showing Ural Polytechnic Institute, a photo recovered from Dyatlov hikers camera.

Smoke from heating coal is filling up the sky.

The mood in UPI is foreboding.

The awareness that Dyatlov group was missing was marked by three incidents – only the first links of a long chain of misunderstandings and coincidences which we don’t call cover up. At least not yet.

There was confusion.

By February 21 UPI was buzzing like a hornets nest.

The telephone at the university Sports Club rang constantly. Not just the hikers’ parents and relatives, but the general public too, wanted to hear the details.

Women university students sat by the telephone every night to take calls.

At the same time, even the BBC broadcasted on radio that a group of hikers had been killed near Sverdlovsk.

Hikers families were worried sick and demanded search operations to start immediately.

Students were bursting with desire to help their friends.

The chairman of UPI sports club was not answering his phone, not because he was busy doing something, but because he was not aware of the situation.

Here are the three facts contributing to the confusion:

1. Yudin was supposed to relate the fact that the return date is postponed from 12 to 15 of February. This on its own is not a big delay, but the problem is that he told this to a member of Blinov bureau which on its own is a bad coincidence because Blinov group was in the same region at the same time as Dyatlov group. It seems like Blinov was the only one in UPI for some time that knew that they are not the group that is lost and kept calling the city committee to ask for news from Dyatlov.
  2. So when UPI sports club chairman Lev Semenovich Gordo said that a telegram came from Vizhay on February 18th informing of group’s delay nobody checked on the fact that this was not from Dyatlov, but Blinov group. Unbelievable, but it’s a fact. There are many unbelievable facts in this whole case which is still not opened, and we will keep posting till the proceedings in 1959 are discontinued.
  3. Dyatlov didn’t file a route map. Basically at the time when the search needed a flying start it turn out they didn’t know where to look. The two sides that coincided here were that Dyatlov was headstrong, didn’t like authorities, and perhaps, judging by the place their tent was later on found, he wanted to try a new approach to Mt. Otorten, not the standard one. And he wanted to play it by ear, something that won’t be approved if filed. If you file a plan you need to follow it. The second fact is that the UPI sports club administration actually allowed the group to go without all the required documents for the trip.

The necessary information began to be feverishly reconstructed from the stories of people who heard about the plans of Dyatlov group.

The problem with the missing map was resolved by a member of another Politech sport club - Ignaty Fokich Ryagin, a friend of the Kolevatov family, who discussed extensively with Alexander the forthcoming trek in mid January.

Ryagin recalled the route of the group from memory and on February 19 Rimma handed over the map to Colonel Georgy Ortyukov, a tactics instructor from the UPI military department, who led the search for the group in those February days, and subsequently put a lot of effort into clarifying the history of the Dyatlov group.

Yevgeny Zinoviev, the member of Blinov’s hiking group whom Lyuda mentioned in her diary as Zhenya, wrote later in his book Tracks in the Snow:

“The whole institute, and then the city itself, was buzzing around like a demolished beehive.

Everywhere, there were hundreds of questions.

‘Where are the young people?

What happened to them?’

In some circles there were already rumours about atomic tests in the mountains to the north of Ivdel.

People living in northern villages had seen the flash, heard the roar, and felt the blow of the shock wave.

On top of this, periodically – for example, once every two weeks – strange fireballs were said to appear in the night sky.

Starting in January 1959 many people had observed them on the outskirts of Nizhny Tagil, Serov, and Ivdel.

The locals were alarmed and rumors were spreading.

The authorities were becoming concerned and took measures to bring the situation under control.”

SgPTF02.jpg
Kolevatova witness testimony from, , from Dyatlov group case files (page 272)

"... The search of the missing group started with great delay.

The group was supposed to return in Sverdlovsk on February 14-15, on February 12 they were to send a telegram from Vizhay, their final point along the route.

Parents were worried about their children and, of course, they called both the UPI sports club and the city sports club (according to Dubinina and Slobodin's families).

I myself called the institute only on February 17, 3 days after the expected return date.

I couldn't get hold of UPI sports club chairman Gordo, all my attempts to get through to him were futile.

I then called the city sports club Comrade Ufimtsev.

He assured me that there is nothing to worry about, that the group is delayed for a week and they are on their way back.

A certain fact is indignant and criminal: Gordo informed UPI party committee that a telegram had been received from Vizhay on February 18 reporting a delay of the group.

Secretary of the UPI party committee Comrade F. P. Zaostrovsky did not check on Gordo's report and did not inform the Director of UPI Comrade Syunov N.S., about the incident.

The Director learned about the missing group only after he was phoned by Comrade E. P. Pedchenko from the city party committee (I myself had to go to the city committee with a request to take measures to initiate search of the missing group).

There was a telegram though, but from a different group that was in the same area (Blinov's group), so the institute's directorate was not informed about the negligence.

The search began only at the insistence of the parents of tourists.

When the Polytechnic Institute began organizing the search, it turned out that the sports club did not have a route map which the hikers were supposed to follow in their trek, that is a scheme printed over a map.

The deputy chairman of the UPI sports club, Comrade Milman, learned from third parties that I had a map with the route before the group went on their hike, and called my sister Nina Sergeevna Anisimova with a request to provide the map to be used in the search.

But my brother Alexander took this map with him on the trek.

A map was given to to this brother (Comrade Milman) by Ignaty Fokich Ryagin, deputy head of the trust Gipromedrud (if I'm not mistaken in the name), friend of ours.

He knew about the trek because we (me and my brother) talked with him about the forthcoming trek.

After the call from the UPI sports club at our request I.F. Ryagin restored from memory the route and drew it on a map, which I personally passed on February 19 to Colonel Ortyukov (who was the first one to fly to find the group).

The above fact testifies to the utter indifference and lack of control on behalf of those responsible for organizing the campaign and launching the search groups..."

WUkbIo9.jpg
Organization of the Search, from Dyatlov group case files (page 36)

Organization of the Search

Return date of Dyatlov group, registered in Sverdlovsk, was 12.02.59.

When Yudin decided to go back due to illness, Dyatlov asked him to relate (without specifying exactly to whom) that the control date is postponed to 15.02.59.

On the postponement of the deadline Yudin reported privately to a certain UPI student, in particular member of Blinov bureau.

12.02, when the deadline expired, the GK did not know about the delay to 15.02, and the sports club UPI did not have any deadlines at all because the group took the documentation with them.

Until 16.02, no one was concerned about Dyatlov group.

16.02 Blinov rang to GK FK (city committee of the sports club, red) and sports club and understood that there is no telegram from Dyatlov group.

17.02 rang again

18.02 GK FK and sports club called Vinsay (Vizhay, red)

19.02 – received an answer that Dyatlov group hasn't turned up.

20.02 – it was decided to send to Ivdel Blinov and the chairman of the UPI sports club comrade Gordo.

21.02 they flew to Ivdel with a special flight and began circling above the hiking area.

ZBJ5ZMz.jpg
Ivdel hotel where search teams stayed in 1959.

February 16
Yuri Blinov called Ufimtsev in the city committee.

February 17
UPI sports club chairman Gordo could not be reached on the phone.

February 18
Comrade Gordo informed the Party Committee of the Polytechnic Institute that a telegram had been received from Vizhay notifying that the group is delayed on the way.

The City Committee sent official inquiry to Vizhay.

February 19
The answer from Vizhay was that regretfully Dyatlov group hasn't turned up.

The City Committee called the airport to allocate an aircraft and helicopter for the search of the missing hikers.

February 20
Yuri Blinov and the UPI sports club chairman Gordo, together with Commander 123 squadron Ivan Emelyanovich Spitsin and senior navigator of the squadron Karpushin, left for Ivdel on Yak-12A plane.

February 21
Yuri Blinov, the engineer Mikhail Timofeevich Dryakhlih, with a commander and navigator took of on Yak-12 to look for traces from Dyatlov group.

The plan was to fly to the 2nd Northern, then up the Auspiya river to Otorten, further south along the Vishera river to the Oika-Chakour mountain along the valley of the North Toshemka to the village of North Toshemka.

Due to bad weather, they did not reach Otorten.

They flew to the middle course of Auspiya and North Toshemka rivers.

No traces of Dyatlov group were found.

d9ZidS4.jpg
The first search team loads into helicopter in Ivdel. 1959

𝗙𝗘𝗕𝗥𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟮𝟮

On February 22, around-the-clock search headquarters was launched under the UPI labor union committee.

3rd year students Galina Batalova and Galina Hamova, 4th year students Galina Radosteva and Kseniya Svechnikova were taking turns on phone duty.

Their task included recording all conversations and telephone messages related to the search.

By the evening, news from Ivdel had arrived.

The subsequent Yak 12 air search, when Blinov took over the place of the navigator, who had fallen sick, and the questioning of the Mansi people in the villages on the North Toshemka and in the upstream of the Vizhay River, where Gordo went by helicopter, had not produced any result.

The Slobtsov group, which took off from Uktus by An 2 at around 9 AM, had safely landed in Ivdel.

They had already been instructed to avoid contact with strangers; they would spend the night at the airport hotel.

Photo from this day Slobtsov's search group boarding Uktus-Ivdel plane.

jev2fV6.jpeg

𝗙𝗘𝗕𝗥𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟮𝟯

On the morning of February 23, Maslennikov reported to Ufimtsev over the phone, but except for the information on the Slobtsov group’s departure by plane, there was no further news.

At 9:00 AM a conference began at the UPI with Siunov, Andrey Vishnevskiy, Slobodin, and Zaostrovskiy, the Secretary of the UPI party committee, taking part.

A message came from Ivdel that Mansi hunters had discovered the hiker’s campsite.

A search team of geologists from the Northern Expedition moved to follow the track of the Dyatlov group.

Three search groups of the Mansi hunters were sent along the Ural Ridge and to the vicinity of Mt. Oyko Chakur and Mt. Otorten.

Maslennikov was summoned to a conference, which lasted until midnight.

Information was received that the Slobtsov search group was dropped off in the vicinity of Mt. Otorten.

It was decided to send a second UPI group to Ivdel to search in the vicinity of Mt. Oyko Chakur.

Oleg Grebennik, a 4th year student of the Department of Mechanical Engineering and an experienced mountaineer, was offered to lead that group.

In 1958, Oleg traveled to Austria as a member of the Sverdlovsk mountaineering team and had the "USSR Mountaineer" badge received at the "Ullu-Tau" alpine camp in the Elbrus region.

According to the recollection of Grebennik, after his return from an expedition to Kazakhstan, he learned that the Dyatlov group had disappeared, and a search group had already been sent to follow its track.

At the UPI sports club, Grebennik was asked to organize a group to track the final part of the Dyatlov group's route, from the Otorten back.

The members of the newly organized search group spent the night at the UPI labor union committee.

Flying out was scheduled for the next day.

Throughout the night, they were packing their equipment and food supplies.

The UPI students helped to prepare food rations; one of those students was Kira Obodova, a 4th year student of the Department of Radio Engineering and the future wife of Oleg Grebennik.

She was a member of the Blinov group, that had traveled together with the Dyatlov group to Vizhay.

Ortyukov was in charge of the travel arrangements.

Photos from this day Ivdel, Slobtsov's group boarding helicopter 31510 from 123rd flight detachment with commander Pustobaev.

bJVqdhI.jpeg

Ivdel, boarding of Slobtsov's search group on the helicopter 31510 from 123rd flight detachment with commander Pustobaev. The far right is Devyatov. Photo from Feb 23.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

9YPDg1H.jpeg

Ivdel, boarding of Slobtsov's search group on the helicopter 31510 from 123rd flight detachment with commander Pustobaev. The far right is Devyatov. Photo from Feb 23.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

AbGmlhf.jpeg

Aerial shots on the way to the pass.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

PCc5j8f.jpeg

Aerial shots on the way to the pass.
#dyatlovpass #1079book

Ivdel, boarding of Slobtsov's search group on the helicopter 31510 from 123rd flight detachment with commander Pustobaev.

The far right is Devyatov.

Photo from Feb 23.

bJVqdhI.jpeg

𝗙𝗘𝗕𝗥𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟮𝟱

In the morning of February 25, the Slobtsov group continued moving southward along the Matveevskaya Parma, as the Russians called the Charkanur ridge, which stretches between the Lozva and the Auspiya rivers.

Descending from the ridge into the valley of the Auspiya River, the searchers came across an old ski track on the northern bank of the river.

They set up their camp at that location.

The discovered ski track was barely discernible.

For any reliable identification, it was critical to discover the campsite of the Dyatlov group.

The search party was broken into three groups.

One of the groups led by Koptelov stayed back at the camp doing the chores.

The Brusnitsyn group was moving along the discovered ski track down the Auspiya River; in about 17-20 km (10-12 miles) east of the Ural Ridge it saw the traces of an old campsite.

Moving further, in one kilometer from it they came across a relatively recent Mansi encampment.

A team of Slobtsov, Sharavin, and Halizov, who were sent to follow the westward leading ski track, lost it at the border of the forest.

By the evening, all search parties gathered in their camp.

lOkpZDu.jpeg

𝗙𝗘𝗕𝗥𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗬 𝟮𝟱

Ortyukov's instructions dropped in a canister from the air.

arjEwcU.jpeg

https://dyatlovpass.com/instructions-from-air-ortyukov
#dyatlovpass #1079book

2fDvXf4.jpeg

https://dyatlovpass.com/instructions-from-air-ortyukov
#dyatlovpass #1079book

Udostępnij

• Dodaj nową pozycję...